Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,460 members, 7,816,079 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:56 AM

Pls Help My Money Was Transferred - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Pls Help My Money Was Transferred (33463 Views)

Thanks To Nairaland My Money Was Sorted. / Central Bank Of Nigeria New Directive On Money Transferred To Nigeria / Man Mistakenly Transferred N1 Million To Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pls Help My Money Was Transferred by tamdun: 12:01pm On Dec 22, 2020
Nchenches:

It’s like Sterling bank staff aid and abet fraudulent customers. If not, it will not take a few days to investigate the withdrawal, and return the money.
And the money was even transferred to same sterling bank, the case should be very easy to solve

1 Like

Re: Pls Help My Money Was Transferred by Tremple8v: 12:01pm On Dec 22, 2020
Na so my 12k go also , I used sterling bank atm machine with a gtbank card. It's been 3 years now . Nothing. I just give up , the stress no be here . Everything for 9ja na scam .
Re: Pls Help My Money Was Transferred by Jainine(f): 12:09pm On Dec 22, 2020
The smart thing to do, have just one bank atm.

Only transfer to that account for expenses, Like when you want to spend, withdraw or use POS.

If you misplace the card you will be safe, if pos guys get the digits they will only find your change there. If someone who knows your pin steal your card, you will have no reason to be worried...

This trick has worked for me for so many years now.

9 Likes

Re: Pls Help My Money Was Transferred by odimbannamdi(m): 12:09pm On Dec 22, 2020
GrammarNazi1:

...petty...

That was auto-correct, sir. Thanks still... grin
Re: Pls Help My Money Was Transferred by Father4all: 12:10pm On Dec 22, 2020
dammycree:
10th of November 2020 is a day I still felt As if I was dreaming, the unimaginable happened to me at exactly 8:01 pm.

So there I was seated in My lovely cushioned chair about to devour my already made semo with egusi soup when I heard an alert from my phone, my initial thoughts was that all this MTN people don come again with their unserious messages, so I got hold of it then realized it was from my bank sterlingbank.

I grinned a little thinking if it was a credit alert not until when I opened it and found out it was a debit alert, immediately the food became an hindrance to what my eyes just bekoned, I was all teary and sweaty!!!

32,000 naira was just debited from my akannnt..
abi I'm seeing vision ni? I kept asking my self so many rhetorical questions.

1. I checked my wallet immediately to be sure if I didn't lose my ATM card... it was there.

2. I'm always with my phone 24/7.

3. have never used that account with any online platform only ATM withdrawals and pos.

4. how on earth were they able to know the exact money I have in that account.

5 so how on earth was my money transferred to this individual called chrispin ilaye

6. this doesn't even sound like a name o

immediately I lodged a complaint to sterlingbank customer service on twitter, Facebook etc

I was later replied back at exactly 12;06pm

4 hours later, giving the beneficiary account enough time to withdraw my money, they later called asking for my account number which I gave them.

day 2 I went to the bank the following day, met the customer service they told me they already blocked my atm, bla bla gave me all sought bull shit, "we've sent a message bro the recipient bank so we await the reply" nothing else we could do!

note this word o recipient bank!

notice: they didn't reveal to me immediately that the beneficiary account was a sterlingbank account also, I later found out through the vigorous questions I asked the customer care

I was mad, angry, frustrated .

My money was transferred using one-pay as it shows on the debit alert which also corresponds with what I saw at the entrance of their door front, I was just vexed anyhow so it triggered me to Google it then I realized it was a sterlingbank platform for online payment and transfer I literally didn't know this before hand.

if my money was transferred through your medium which I don't use how is that possible?

She said they only need your ATM card?
but it was with me I responded in my wallet allthrough the day!

The pin at the front of your ATM card is all they need ! ...my atm card was with me oooooooo in side my wallet not possible at all I barked, I was losing it already so just started giving me attitude by attending to other customers, I flared up.

ok so do I have any chance of getting my money back ? I asked

we can't tell she said, the look of things the account as withdrawn the 32,000

but we've sent a message to the bank.

So I became more suspicious that led to questions I asked the customer care representative before revealing it to me that it was a sterlingbank account but the branch was in bayelsa, while I'm in Lagos so they can only notify the account owner about the said fund to be returned and wait till the account is funded, so they'll removed it .

I just don't know why the banking sector is doing nothing about cases like this clearly they are aiding and abetting fraudsters.
or even banks sef na scam I murmured dey fit don borrow my 32k like that com return am I thought.

days passed...

the thoughts of how my money was transferred without me giving out any otp, my ATM card, my phone, just scares me like who do I trust again in this country, how the hell is this possible without my details.

they kept saying they used my ATM card....I told them my ATM card was with me not possible.

then they switched to my phone, I told them I don't give anyone my phone like my phone is always with my 24/7.

days passed, I checked back

the money as been withdrawn from the account ooo don't let me lie to you one of the best customer care representative that attended to me nicely a guy said, infact the money left in that account is 143naira!

me: definitely he knew what he did now and he won't fund the account!

I kept on chatting with their customer care service on social media the same bullshit replies.

one month later still nothing
today makes it one month and eleven days.

my assertion to them today is that since we are both sterlingbank customers can't they take this to the police or effce to settle it ?

another customer care said they must protect there customers since this my case is an alleged case I won mad!...like are you kidding me ni??

protect fraudster ok ooo! I murmured

all we can do is notify the branch in bayelsa, call the beneficiary about the transaction to refund the money and wait. he said again

over a month now haba ...you people should fear God !!

if it was a million naira will you say this ni

if I was an influential person will you guys do this, so many people lost there money in this circumstance yet nothing is done.

I wanna know if I have any chance of getting my money refunded by sterlingbank plc

note the debit alert date says 11/11/2020
I asked why? they said the transfer sometimes bring the following day date bla bla bla.

I need this to get to the front page for greater insight !! gracias
guy go to twitter and finish them there. Tweet it and put it inside their Direct message (DM) then copy CBN. then go NDIC. Nigeria deposit insurance cooperation and report it in their twitter page too. Include your account details
Re: Pls Help My Money Was Transferred by AngelaInteriorz: 12:13pm On Dec 22, 2020
dammycree:
10th of November 2020 is a day I still felt As if I was dreaming, the unimaginable happened to me at exactly 8:01 pm.

So there I was seated in My lovely cushioned chair about to devour my already made semo with egusi soup when I heard an alert from my phone, my initial thoughts was that all this MTN people don come again with their unserious messages, so I got hold of it then realized it was from my bank sterlingbank.

I grinned a little thinking if it was a credit alert not until when I opened it and found out it was a debit alert, immediately the food became an hindrance to what my eyes just bekoned, I was all teary and sweaty!!!

1. I checked my wallet immediately to be sure if I didn't lose my ATM card... it was there.

3. have never used that account with any online platform only ATM withdrawals and pos.

5 so how on earth was my money transferred to this individual called chrispin ilaye

immediately I lodged a complaint to sterlingbank customer service on twitter, Facebook etc

4 hours later, giving the beneficiary account enough time to withdraw my money, they later called asking for my account number which I gave them.

day 2 I went to the bank the following day, met the customer service they told me they already blocked my atm, bla bla gave me all sought bull shit, "we've sent a message bro the recipient bank so we await the reply" nothing else we could do!

notice: they didn't reveal to me immediately that the beneficiary account was a sterlingbank account also, I later found out through the vigorous questions I asked the customer care

My money was transferred using one-pay as it shows on the debit alert which also corresponds with what I saw at the entrance of their door front, I was just vexed anyhow so it triggered me to Google it then I realized it was a sterlingbank platform for online payment and transfer I literally didn't know this before hand.

if my money was transferred through your medium which I don't use how is that possible?

The pin at the front of your ATM card is all they need ! ...my atm card was with me oooooooo in side my wallet not possible at all I barked, I was losing it already so just started giving me attitude by attending to other customers, I flared up.

So I became more suspicious that led to questions I asked the customer care representative before revealing it to me that it was a sterlingbank account but the branch was in bayelsa, while I'm in Lagos so they can only notify the account owner about the said fund to be returned and wait till the account is funded, so they'll removed it .

I just don't know why the banking sector is doing nothing about cases like this clearly they are aiding and abetting fraudsters.
or even banks sef na scam I murmured dey fit don borrow my 32k like that com return am I thought.

days passed...

the thoughts of how my money was transferred without me giving out any otp, my ATM card, my phone, just scares me like who do I trust again in this country, how the hell is this possible without my details.

they kept saying they used my ATM card....I told them my ATM card was with me not possible.

then they switched to my phone, I told them I don't give anyone my phone like my phone is always with my 24/7.

the money as been withdrawn from the account ooo don't let me lie to you one of the best customer care representative that attended to me nicely a guy said, infact the money left in that account is 143naira!

I kept on chatting with their customer care service on social media the same bullshit replies.

my assertion to them today is that since we are both sterlingbank customers can't they take this to the police or effce to settle it ?

another customer care said they must protect there customers since this my case is an alleged case I won mad!...like are you kidding me ni??

all we can do is notify the branch in bayelsa, call the beneficiary about the transaction to refund the money and wait. he said again

if I was an influential person will you guys do this, so many people lost there money in this circumstance yet nothing is done.

I wanna know if I have any chance of getting my money refunded by sterlingbank plc

I asked why? they said the transfer sometimes bring the following day date bla bla bla.

Seeing this just brought back some memories.

Same Sterling Bank.

I lost my phone and thank God before that day I had moved the 400k in the Sterling to my GTB and left just 4000 in the Sterling account. That very night I checked my email with another phone and saw the 4000 debited.

Till today nothing came out asking their customer care because I was shocked to how it all happened as I had my ATM and I have not used their ATM since I collected it from them.

Till today I don't leave anything in the Sterling account except 1000Naira and still have not used their ATM. It was God. Imagine, if I had not moved the money before the phone was lost. I would have been heartbroken.

2 Likes

Re: Pls Help My Money Was Transferred by Kaykonnectz(m): 12:13pm On Dec 22, 2020
Email the bank of the fraudster.
Cc info@efccnigeria.org
Cc anticorruptionunit@cbn.gov.ng.

2. Attach evidence of the fraud.

Also message the Sterling bank on Twitter, Tag CBN, EFCC, ICPC and never welcome any private chatting with them. once you tag them on every social media, they will investigate very well and make sure they get to the root of the matter. and always keep messaging them on the trend you create on social medial.

NOTE

banks dont like to tag them on social medial whenever their customers felt dissatisfied.
Re: Pls Help My Money Was Transferred by Homiesjinxbank: 12:14pm On Dec 22, 2020
Bro you can get your money back.. my friend did this and first bank shutdown the Western Union office in their branch, tell them the money is for medical stuff, get medical report, ready your lawyer, just email them say if the medical issue get complicated them go hear from your lawyer, make sure you copy CBN,A social influencer and copy their regional manager or branch whatever in that email.. them go donate your money to you from their own pocket... Trust me Sterling bank go call you

dammycree:

days passed...

Re: Pls Help My Money Was Transferred by taylormed2(m): 12:14pm On Dec 22, 2020
Please oh, I posted September with my other account, same thing happened to my uncle with firstbank 366k and the case is still pending. Before we resolved the case another 366k making 732k and this was while the bank was saying they have blocked the account.
Re: Pls Help My Money Was Transferred by sheu01: 12:15pm On Dec 22, 2020
Its a criminal offence for sterling bank to revert d said amount but what bank need to do is that they block d 32K from d person acct so that d person won't b able to withdrawal d money. Assume d money is still in d acct, bank cannot revert back unless u get court order to return d money to u that bank can do that.
Re: Pls Help My Money Was Transferred by Festy4u(m): 12:17pm On Dec 22, 2020

another customer care said [b]they must protect there customers [/b]since this my case is an alleged case I won mad!...like are jyou kidding me ni??

Since it's a one customer bank, they just showed to you who the customer is!

1 Like

Re: Pls Help My Money Was Transferred by Emma4sure: 12:17pm On Dec 22, 2020
It happens to my friend in Port Harcourt 30k, but it was refunded back to him still Sterling bank.
Go to the bank raise alarm make noise tell them u wish to see the manager don't do gentle with them.
The money was transferred with their mobile banking app not with POS machine
Re: Pls Help My Money Was Transferred by AngelaInteriorz: 12:20pm On Dec 22, 2020
King44:
Unfortunately, you may get no help at the end of the day. That was how 80k plus was transfered from my account and there is nothing I didn't try o but las las money go but na one thing go sha make man wise

Was yours also Sterling Bank account?

1 Like

Re: Pls Help My Money Was Transferred by juniorstar(m): 12:22pm On Dec 22, 2020
is it possible to change bvn?. cos with someone acct being compromised one has to be protected.
Re: Pls Help My Money Was Transferred by AngelaInteriorz: 12:22pm On Dec 22, 2020
mployer:
The POS center did it. Most of those centers a run by Yahoo boys, with a teenage girl as an attendant, who is also an accomplice.

It has happened to too many people.

Infact right now I am wondering how 8k balance mysteriously disappeared from my account after I used the card in my village. Honestly I underated those village boys. grin

But for real. How do they do it with one's ATM without having one's Pin?
Re: Pls Help My Money Was Transferred by Nchenches: 12:23pm On Dec 22, 2020
tamdun:

And the money was even transferred to same sterling bank, the case should be very easy to solve

In the developed countries, a customer who lost money in such manner gets refunded by the bank, once it’s evident that the complainant customer had no hand in the withdrawal.
Re: Pls Help My Money Was Transferred by simeko(m): 12:26pm On Dec 22, 2020
dammycree:

days passed...

report the case to CBN via all their social media handles
Re: Pls Help My Money Was Transferred by Slynation(m): 12:26pm On Dec 22, 2020
dammycree:
I didn't even think of that
that's just it.....Fear some of this POS agents, especially those roadside ones with chair, table and umbrella....

1 Like

Re: Pls Help My Money Was Transferred by tsagir(m): 12:27pm On Dec 22, 2020
P.O.S agent copied your ATM, INFO.
Re: Pls Help My Money Was Transferred by Kayceenaz(m): 12:31pm On Dec 22, 2020
dammycree:

days passed...

I can feel your frustration. This is madly annoying. Consider drawing the attention of Sterling Bank headquarters by tagging them to your complaint publicly on Twitter today. Don't DM. Their instinct to protect their credibility and not lose customers will fast-track resolution of the matter.
Re: Pls Help My Money Was Transferred by sammysmiles(m): 12:34pm On Dec 22, 2020
SirJerrie:
Fraud is now the order of the day....
Majority of the youths I know think fraud is the only means to obtaining financial Security. Majority of our youths wan enter "STREET"...
The worst part is, they'll be praying to God to bless their "HUSTLE"
Nobody is safe anywhere in Nigeria

Person run you local scam and the bank is protecting their "customer"??!! angry angry
OP go to Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram
.. Tag Sterling Bank's official pages and rant about how useless they are and how they're aiding fraud!!! Watch how'll they'll swiftly try to resolve your issue

Bro the thing tire me.... You are scamming people of their hard earned money and they will be saying things like "On God" "Oluwa bless my hustle" "God no go shame us"..... The whole stuff amuses me at times...
Re: Pls Help My Money Was Transferred by longifilis(m): 12:34pm On Dec 22, 2020
It's saddened, sterling bank needs total overhauling

Keep spreading the message
Report to the appropriate authority

Sorry bro
keep believing
Re: Pls Help My Money Was Transferred by KayPumpin1: 12:35pm On Dec 22, 2020
Hello Dammycree please share your Sterling Account number.

dammycree:

days passed...

Re: Pls Help My Money Was Transferred by gassbee: 12:39pm On Dec 22, 2020
Hndrrxxx:
lol y'all really looking serious on this shyt grin grin
Cuz of 32k? You think say CBN dem get your time
you are not current as regards fraud matters
Re: Pls Help My Money Was Transferred by Pofgrace(m): 12:41pm On Dec 22, 2020
dammycree:

days passed...

welcome to nigeria I no dey use atm banking again

Reason why Kuda is the best for me now

Accessbank is the father of atm fraud
Re: Pls Help My Money Was Transferred by Slynation(m): 12:45pm On Dec 22, 2020
Jainine:
The smart thing to do, have just one bank atm.

Only transfer to that account for expenses, Like when you want to spend, withdraw or use POS.

If you misplace the card you will be safe, if pos guys get the digits they will only find your change there. If someone who knows your pin steal your card, you will have no reason to be worried...

This trick has worked for me for so many years now.
Exactly what I'm doing.....grin grin I hate stress for this life
Re: Pls Help My Money Was Transferred by King44(m): 12:47pm On Dec 22, 2020
AngelaInteriorz:

Was yours also Sterling Bank account?
UBA and in my own case I even traced the accounts my money was further transfered myself go efccc, police sef dey tell me make I brink fifteen k me way den wipe hin account reach 85 naira.

The accounts that my money has bvn obut still they said there is nothing we can do

So what's is the essence of BVN

1 Like

Re: Pls Help My Money Was Transferred by rolams(m): 12:51pm On Dec 22, 2020
dammycree:

days passed...

Report the case and the bank to CBN, EFCC and relevant authorities. If not, your money is gone forever!
Re: Pls Help My Money Was Transferred by rolams(m): 12:53pm On Dec 22, 2020
King44:
UBA and in my own case I even traced the accounts my money was further transfered myself go efccc, police sef dey tell me make I brink fifteen k me way den wipe hin account reach 85 naira.

The accounts that my money has bvn obut still they said there is nothing we can do

So what's is the essence of BVN

Why not CBN
Re: Pls Help My Money Was Transferred by allawizzow(m): 12:53pm On Dec 22, 2020
You will get your money back if you can involve cbn.
All you need to do is to write a letter to the consumer protection department of cbn.
Put your name, phone number, email address and contact address in the letter. Though it might take cbn one to two weeks to reply you because of numerous complaints they receive on a daily basis.
All you need is to narrate the event in a well articulated and comprehensive manner and attach all evidences as appendix.
I bet you, your money will come out and if there is an element of fraud in the transaction, efcc will be contacted. Even if the culprit has emptied his account, he would likely have more than one account to his name. Cbn can trace all his accounts through bvn, and in that case, lien would be placed on his other accounts which will make it impossible to withdraw money for any of his accounts. Any time he goes to bank to make complaint, the bank involves the security and he would be apprehended.
The letter to CBN also put your bank at risk against sanctions and penalties so they will thoroughly investigate it and get back to cbn as soon as possible.
The only disadvantage of this approach is that you might be a reason a fellow man will go to jail because of 32,000. It's rather unfortunate. You might have not the mind to withstand such agony befall your brother.
Bye good luck.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help My Money Was Transferred by Drizzy5001(m): 12:55pm On Dec 22, 2020
yomi007k:
1. Email the bank of the fraudster.
Cc info@efccnigeria.org
Cc anticorruptionunit@cbn.gov.ng.

2. Attach evidence of the fraud.
oga , this thing no go work , I've tried it before , exactly the way you posted it, yet no response, the money sef I Neva see till date. It's been 11 months now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Naira Appreciates To N756.61/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window / Naira Crisis: Banks Fear Heighten As Customers Shun Cash Deposit / How To Establish A Bottle Water/pure Water Factory (estimates & Costs Included)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 212
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.