Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,082 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:18 AM

Pls Help My Money Was Transferred - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Pls Help My Money Was Transferred (33464 Views)

Thanks To Nairaland My Money Was Sorted. / Central Bank Of Nigeria New Directive On Money Transferred To Nigeria / Man Mistakenly Transferred N1 Million To Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pls Help My Money Was Transferred by Nobody: 9:07pm On Dec 22, 2020
400billionman:
Nigerian bankers are shameless.

The worst bank I have visited is STANBIC.

Stop using useless banks with useless names.

To your matter, do you know that the face of that fraudster is clearly showing on his account mandate ? The fraudster's address is showing on his account mandate and easy to find is the fraudster's phone number which is also displayed on his account mandate, yet they say they cannot do anything.

How can you say you are protecting your customers yet, a customer reported a crime and you opt to do nothing about it ? You are simply protecting a fraudster, not a customer.

Poster, let me inform you that it is a member of staff that took your money. The guy must have been closing work and by 8pm, entered the bank app and debited you, only staff have such privileges. Corporate governance is very low in many Nigerian institutions. What you reported cannot happen in a bank like UBA.

Chose your bankers wisely.
bank staff open app debit person. Take it easy biko!
Re: Pls Help My Money Was Transferred by dammycree(m): 9:07pm On Dec 22, 2020
saintneo:

Does the fraudster's account have BVN? I expect it to have BVN, all banks should be notified and freeze all accounts with such BVN.

A good worded letter from lawyer will go a long way as well. Unfortunately, I wonder if a police statement can help. This will show the bank you mean business.

I think it's very bad for Sterling to be protecting criminals. Try reaching out to Sterling bank Service Measurement team.
the new update is that they said they flagged the bvn so I should wait till he funds the account

1 Like

Re: Pls Help My Money Was Transferred by dammycree(m): 9:12pm On Dec 22, 2020
LeitaP:
Do you use onepay app or internet banking, Seems to me the thief got hold of login details then transferred from your sterling bank account.

Just thinking. I guess he got hold of your atm details and then registered the app on his phone.
Am not a sterling bank user, don't know if there is onepay app. Just giving my thoughts

never ever I use the account on atm and POS only .

even the POS was as a result of lockdown and endsars
Re: Pls Help My Money Was Transferred by dammycree(m): 9:16pm On Dec 22, 2020
Olaideolayemi:
Op..what the bank told you,may be true...Nowadays people cannot be trusted, you may keep your card to wherever you like,but remember that one point or the other,you did some transaction ,either from online or offline.. One of them is fraudster that sent that ATM code number to hack on it..That is y,I don't like P.O.S,I prefer ATM..at least it save small..just be careful next time..I pray they refund the cash back to you..sorry for the pain/loss..
have never used that account for any online transaction.

I had to use ussd with it immediately I got the debit to cross check if it wasn't a debit alert prank or something
Re: Pls Help My Money Was Transferred by ESEOGHENE123: 9:17pm On Dec 22, 2020
If you do hit me up
[quotedo. You have the online access?? author=LostMyZeal post=97318964]Please...I have up to 200k in my restricted FCMB account
The customer care has been acting up since

Abeg who can help me clear the money from that account

I don't have ATM to the account tho

Any help will be appreciated.... thanks[/quote]
Re: Pls Help My Money Was Transferred by dammycree(m): 9:22pm On Dec 22, 2020
allawizzow:
You will get your money back if you can involve cbn.
All you need to do is to write a letter to the consumer protection department of cbn.
Put your name, phone number, email address and contact address in the letter. Though it might take cbn one to two weeks to reply you because of numerous complaints they receive on a daily basis.
All you need is to narrate the event in a well articulated and comprehensive manner and attach all evidences as appendix.
I bet you, your money will come out and if there is an element of fraud in the transaction, efcc will be contacted. Even if the culprit has emptied his account, he would likely have more than one account to his name. Cbn can trace all his accounts through bvn, and in that case, lien would be placed on his other accounts which will make it impossible to withdraw money for any of his accounts. Any time he goes to bank to make complaint, the bank involves the security and he would be apprehended.
The letter to CBN also put your bank at risk against sanctions and penalties so they will thoroughly investigate it and get back to cbn as soon as possible.
The only disadvantage of this approach is that you might be a reason a fellow man will go to jail because of 32,000. It's rather unfortunate. You might have not the mind to withstand such agony befall your brother.
Bye good luck.
thanks a lot
Re: Pls Help My Money Was Transferred by dammycree(m): 9:26pm On Dec 22, 2020
Awriters:

Pls op, follow this comment with the previous emails.
Send a single mail to that cbn email and send a bcc copy all those other emails, including info@ndic.gov.ng. Also get the email address of one of their top managers, also send the same bcc to nibss.

Explain as you have written here, I promise you, you will get a call or acknowledgement mail from your bank asap.
thanks a lot
Re: Pls Help My Money Was Transferred by Soculentx: 9:39pm On Dec 22, 2020
bluefilm:

My happiness right now is that this nonsense can never with a GTBank account all thanks to the GTBank Hardware Token which has proven over the years to be a masterclass.

It happened in my present in GT bank. One man came to report the matter to customer care
Re: Pls Help My Money Was Transferred by charlsecy(m): 9:44pm On Dec 22, 2020
bluefilm:
...this nonsense can never with a GTBank account all thanks to the GTBank Hardware Token which has proven over the years to be a masterclass.
Other banks have no hardware tokens?

udoka55555:
Insider job
How does it work?
Re: Pls Help My Money Was Transferred by bluefilm: 9:56pm On Dec 22, 2020
charlsecy:
Other banks have no hardware tokens?

How does it work?

I don't know o so make I just talk the one wey me I sabi.
Re: Pls Help My Money Was Transferred by lereinter(m): 9:57pm On Dec 22, 2020
Operation boycott sterling bank
Re: Pls Help My Money Was Transferred by Ooe33: 10:05pm On Dec 22, 2020
I don't know of ur bank. But for an internal issue, they should have blocked the fraudsters account, quick enough to save u something.

So what I can conclude is that.
The fraudster may have used a small account, opened online without address verification and what have u. This means he can online be reached through mobile number.
But for a serious institution, they can still report this matter to regulators so as to blacklist their BVN. So u know they are working nd not just telling u stories.
Re: Pls Help My Money Was Transferred by Fembleez1(m): 11:57pm On Dec 22, 2020
dammycree:
10th of November 2020 is a day I still felt As if I was dreaming, the unimaginable happened to me at exactly 8:01 pm.

So there I was seated in My lovely cushioned chair about to devour my already made semo with egusi soup when I heard an alert from my phone, my initial thoughts was that all this MTN people don come again with their unserious messages, so I got hold of it then realized it was from my bank sterlingbank.

I grinned a little thinking if it was a credit alert not until when I opened it and found out it was a debit alert, immediately the food became an hindrance to what my eyes just bekoned, I was all teary and sweaty!!!

32,000 naira was just debited from my akannnt..
abi I'm seeing vision ni? I kept asking my self so many rhetorical questions.

1. I checked my wallet immediately to be sure if I didn't lose my ATM card... it was there.

2. I'm always with my phone 24/7.

3. have never used that account with any online platform only ATM withdrawals and pos.

4. how on earth were they able to know the exact money I have in that account.

5 so how on earth was my money transferred to this individual called chrispin ilaye

6. this doesn't even sound like a name o

immediately I lodged a complaint to sterlingbank customer service on twitter, Facebook etc

I was later replied back at exactly 12;06pm

4 hours later, giving the beneficiary account enough time to withdraw my money, they later called asking for my account number which I gave them.

day 2 I went to the bank the following day, met the customer service they told me they already blocked my atm, bla bla gave me all sought bull shit, "we've sent a message bro the recipient bank so we await the reply" nothing else we could do!

note this word o recipient bank!

notice: they didn't reveal to me immediately that the beneficiary account was a sterlingbank account also, I later found out through the vigorous questions I asked the customer care

I was mad, angry, frustrated .

My money was transferred using one-pay as it shows on the debit alert which also corresponds with what I saw at the entrance of their door front, I was just vexed anyhow so it triggered me to Google it then I realized it was a sterlingbank platform for online payment and transfer I literally didn't know this before hand.

if my money was transferred through your medium which I don't use how is that possible?

She said they only need your ATM card?
but it was with me I responded in my wallet allthrough the day!

The pin at the front of your ATM card is all they need ! ...my atm card was with me oooooooo in side my wallet not possible at all I barked, I was losing it already so just started giving me attitude by attending to other customers, I flared up.

ok so do I have any chance of getting my money back ? I asked

we can't tell she said, the look of things the account as withdrawn the 32,000

but we've sent a message to the bank.

So I became more suspicious that led to questions I asked the customer care representative before revealing it to me that it was a sterlingbank account but the branch was in bayelsa, while I'm in Lagos so they can only notify the account owner about the said fund to be returned and wait till the account is funded, so they'll removed it .

I just don't know why the banking sector is doing nothing about cases like this clearly they are aiding and abetting fraudsters.
or even banks sef na scam I murmured dey fit don borrow my 32k like that com return am I thought.

days passed...

the thoughts of how my money was transferred without me giving out any otp, my ATM card, my phone, just scares me like who do I trust again in this country, how the hell is this possible without my details.

they kept saying they used my ATM card....I told them my ATM card was with me not possible.

then they switched to my phone, I told them I don't give anyone my phone like my phone is always with my 24/7.

days passed, I checked back

the money as been withdrawn from the account ooo don't let me lie to you one of the best customer care representative that attended to me nicely a guy said, infact the money left in that account is 143naira!

me: definitely he knew what he did now and he won't fund the account!

I kept on chatting with their customer care service on social media the same bullshit replies.

one month later still nothing
today makes it one month and eleven days.

my assertion to them today is that since we are both sterlingbank customers can't they take this to the police or effce to settle it ?

another customer care said they must protect there customers since this my case is an alleged case I won mad!...like are you kidding me ni??

protect fraudster ok ooo! I murmured

all we can do is notify the branch in bayelsa, call the beneficiary about the transaction to refund the money and wait. he said again

over a month now haba ...you people should fear God !!

if it was a million naira will you say this ni

if I was an influential person will you guys do this, so many people lost there money in this circumstance yet nothing is done.

I wanna know if I have any chance of getting my money refunded by sterlingbank plc

note the debit alert date says 11/11/2020
I asked why? they said the transfer sometimes bring the following day date bla bla bla.

I need this to get to the front page for greater insight !! gracias

Same weyrey Sterling Bank did this to my Aunt. Because they noticed she's abroad and doesn't use the account often. One of them, I mean Sterling people in customer care or account officer was debiting her account small small until she vexed when it was too much. She started from her branch and stuff, though through mails, calls and by proxy.

All the responses she got was almost same you just narrated. Lucky for her, she was able to get the MD or Chairman's contact, and he took the case up, and she was refunded.

Bros, threaten them with legal action, and if you can, get in touch with one of their boss. Possibly make a scene that would require the Branch manager to come out.

Funny enough, they have Fraud department o!

You can also go to their Headquarters at Marina, Lagos.
Re: Pls Help My Money Was Transferred by LostMyZeal(m): 2:48am On Dec 23, 2020
Stellly02:
If the account is restricted, it simply means there are documents u haven't provided to make it fully active, you'd be able to deposit but can't withdraw/take money from the account.. No one here can help you do that.
Instead visit any closest branch with both a valid ID and utility bill, once the restriction is lifted, fill a transfer form and move all the money sharp sharp

Thanks much... don't think I have those documents tho...I wanna use backdoor to clear it

Btw....you seem like a bank staff smiley
Re: Pls Help My Money Was Transferred by LostMyZeal(m): 2:49am On Dec 23, 2020
ESEOGHENE123:
If you do hit me up

Naah... don't think I do... it's restricted...no access
Re: Pls Help My Money Was Transferred by Olaideolayemi(m): 7:14am On Dec 23, 2020
dammycree:
have never used that account for any online transaction.

I had to use ussd with it immediately I got the debit to cross check if it wasn't a debit alert prank or something
okay...Am sorry for your loss..I pray they refund it back to you!!!
Re: Pls Help My Money Was Transferred by fowlyansh181(m): 9:04am On Dec 23, 2020
ViktorOG:

Com'on guy. When it dips, you are at loss. When naira dips, you still get your naira value. This time last year, BTC was less than 6M.
it dips and grows back massively .. it’s an investment and you saving too.. it dips you buy more..
Re: Pls Help My Money Was Transferred by lereinter(m): 9:34am On Dec 23, 2020
I posted this story on sterling bank Twitter ✋

They replied needing the particulars of you

Please go to their Twitter account and follow them and post your particulars

2 Likes

Re: Pls Help My Money Was Transferred by dammycree(m): 10:17am On Dec 23, 2020
lereinter:

I posted this story on sterling bank Twitter ✋

They replied needing the particulars of you

Please go to their Twitter account and follow them and post your particulars

thanks they reached out to me with the same we apologise for the inconveniences story

over a month and 13 days .
Re: Pls Help My Money Was Transferred by halibaba(m): 11:05am On Dec 23, 2020
Please report them to consumer protection dept of CBN immediately! Your letter of Complaint should be addressed to the Director, Consumer Protection Department. You can submit your letter at the CBN Head Office OR at any of the Central Bank of Nigeria branches nationwide. This is a clear case of fraud. If it has been stanbic IBTC, zenith or fidelity Bank, the customer would have been cooling his heel in jail cuz they have zero tolerance for fraud

dammycree:
10th of November 2020 is a day I still felt As if I was dreaming, the unimaginable happened to me at exactly 8:01 pm.

So there I was seated in My lovely cushioned chair about to devour my already made semo with egusi soup when I heard an alert from my phone, my initial thoughts was that all this MTN people don come again with their unserious messages, so I got hold of it then realized it was from my bank sterlingbank.

I grinned a little thinking if it was a credit alert not until when I opened it and found out it was a debit alert, immediately the food became an hindrance to what my eyes just bekoned, I was all teary and sweaty!!!

32,000 naira was just debited from my akannnt..
abi I'm seeing vision ni? I kept asking my self so many rhetorical questions.

1. I checked my wallet immediately to be sure if I didn't lose my ATM card... it was there.

2. I'm always with my phone 24/7.

3. have never used that account with any online platform only ATM withdrawals and pos.

4. how on earth were they able to know the exact money I have in that account.

5 so how on earth was my money transferred to this individual called chrispin ilaye

6. this doesn't even sound like a name o

immediately I lodged a complaint to sterlingbank customer service on twitter, Facebook etc

I was later replied back at exactly 12;06pm

4 hours later, giving the beneficiary account enough time to withdraw my money, they later called asking for my account number which I gave them.

day 2 I went to the bank the following day, met the customer service they told me they already blocked my atm, bla bla gave me all sought bull shit, "we've sent a message bro the recipient bank so we await the reply" nothing else we could do!

note this word o recipient bank!

notice: they didn't reveal to me immediately that the beneficiary account was a sterlingbank account also, I later found out through the vigorous questions I asked the customer care

I was mad, angry, frustrated .

My money was transferred using one-pay as it shows on the debit alert which also corresponds with what I saw at the entrance of their door front, I was just vexed anyhow so it triggered me to Google it then I realized it was a sterlingbank platform for online payment and transfer I literally didn't know this before hand.

if my money was transferred through your medium which I don't use how is that possible?

She said they only need your ATM card?
but it was with me I responded in my wallet allthrough the day!

The pin at the front of your ATM card is all they need ! ...my atm card was with me oooooooo in side my wallet not possible at all I barked, I was losing it already so just started giving me attitude by attending to other customers, I flared up.

ok so do I have any chance of getting my money back ? I asked

we can't tell she said, the look of things the account as withdrawn the 32,000

but we've sent a message to the bank.

So I became more suspicious that led to questions I asked the customer care representative before revealing it to me that it was a sterlingbank account but the branch was in bayelsa, while I'm in Lagos so they can only notify the account owner about the said fund to be returned and wait till the account is funded, so they'll removed it .

I just don't know why the banking sector is doing nothing about cases like this clearly they are aiding and abetting fraudsters.
or even banks sef na scam I murmured dey fit don borrow my 32k like that com return am I thought.

days passed...

the thoughts of how my money was transferred without me giving out any otp, my ATM card, my phone, just scares me like who do I trust again in this country, how the hell is this possible without my details.

they kept saying they used my ATM card....I told them my ATM card was with me not possible.

then they switched to my phone, I told them I don't give anyone my phone like my phone is always with my 24/7.

days passed, I checked back

the money as been withdrawn from the account ooo don't let me lie to you one of the best customer care representative that attended to me nicely a guy said, infact the money left in that account is 143naira!

me: definitely he knew what he did now and he won't fund the account!

I kept on chatting with their customer care service on social media the same bullshit replies.

one month later still nothing
today makes it one month and eleven days.

my assertion to them today is that since we are both sterlingbank customers can't they take this to the police or effce to settle it ?

another customer care said they must protect there customers since this my case is an alleged case I won mad!...like are you kidding me ni??

protect fraudster ok ooo! I murmured

all we can do is notify the branch in bayelsa, call the beneficiary about the transaction to refund the money and wait. he said again

over a month now haba ...you people should fear God !!

if it was a million naira will you say this ni

if I was an influential person will you guys do this, so many people lost there money in this circumstance yet nothing is done.

I wanna know if I have any chance of getting my money refunded by sterlingbank plc

note the debit alert date says 11/11/2020
I asked why? they said the transfer sometimes bring the following day date bla bla bla.

I need this to get to the front page for greater insight !! gracias
Re: Pls Help My Money Was Transferred by LeitaP: 12:24pm On Dec 23, 2020
It becomes clear that an insider, a rogue banker has hacked into your account and transferred that money. It's unlikely an outsider. The unfortunate tin is that regulators are sleeping on issues like this. Could also be people don't pursue cases like this to reasonable conclusion.

I suggest you perturb CBN, Servicom and NDIC relentlessly,give all three no breathing space. Use email preferably and calls.

Don't let your hard sweats go down the drain unexplainably. Give them (Sterling Bank) a good fight. They will be the one calling you to settle it. And the only logical settlement is them replacing your money back to where and how it was originally.

Good luck bro.

dammycree:
never ever I use the account on atm and POS only .

even the POS was as a result of lockdown and endsars
Re: Pls Help My Money Was Transferred by ViktorOG: 12:51pm On Dec 23, 2020
LostMyZeal:
Please...I have up to 200k in my restricted FCMB account
The customer care has been acting up since

Abeg who can help me clear the money from that account

I don't have ATM to the account tho

Any help will be appreciated.... thanks
Hi, LostMyZeal. Do you know the reason your account was restricted? Was it communicated with you? Was the account in question restricted because of bio-data discrepancy? I will be glad to help
Re: Pls Help My Money Was Transferred by LostMyZeal(m): 1:29pm On Dec 23, 2020
ViktorOG:

Hi, LostMyZeal. Do you know the reason your account was restricted? Was it communicated with you? Was the account in question restricted because of bio-data discrepancy? I will be glad to help

Nope....I wasn't told...
But if you're bank staff ...I'd like to reach you privately
If you don't mind ofcourse smiley
Re: Pls Help My Money Was Transferred by lereinter(m): 7:42pm On Dec 23, 2020
dammycree:
thanks they reached out to me with the same we apologise for the inconveniences story

over a month and 13 days .

Always repost your story

The whole world must know sterling bank are accomplice of fraudsters
Re: Pls Help My Money Was Transferred by Stellly02(m): 8:40pm On Dec 23, 2020
LostMyZeal:

Thanks much... don't think I have those documents tho...I wanna use backdoor to clear it

Btw....you seem like a bank staff smiley
I was actually but I could've helped you tho if I was still there. There's something called exceptional approval, once the zsm makes such approval, the desired amount you need would be released to you but not the total amount in the account as they still want you to bank with them on future.. If you're in Lagos, I still have people that can help you get it done
Re: Pls Help My Money Was Transferred by LostMyZeal(m): 9:22pm On Dec 23, 2020
Stellly02:
I was actually but I could've helped you tho if I was still there. There's something called exceptional approval, once the zsm makes such approval, the desired amount you need would be released to you but not the total amount in the account as they still want you to bank with them on future.. If you're in Lagos, I still have people that can help you get it done

Okay I get....but they've been referring me to the Kaduna branch where I opened the acct....I just hope it can be done without me going there tho
Re: Pls Help My Money Was Transferred by Briller: 7:17am On Dec 24, 2020
BlueAir:
smiley All those means are useless.ive tried them when I lost 113k to a fraudster and no response from them. I eventually gave up. Even hired a lawyer sef..I'm capable of spending the money the police and lawyer were billing me but I was not in d mood to go after the thief

My dear, that's not true. As long as you didn't authorize the transactions, you can get your money back. It might take a while due to the high volumes of complaints receive at CBN, but it will definitely be sorted.
Re: Pls Help My Money Was Transferred by Stellly02(m): 9:08am On Dec 24, 2020
LostMyZeal:

Okay I get....but they've been referring me to the Kaduna branch where I opened the acct....I just hope it can be done without me going there tho
that's their job to send a mail to the CSO in Kaduna branch, not you going there.. The customer service personnel should've been the one to do that.. What if you're not in Kaduna?
Would u have to travel when banks are everywhere? Send a mail to customerservice@fcmb.com, put in copy the name of that staff if u know his/her full name and add fcmb.com to it, whether if he/she sees his/her name in the mail tray, they won't take it seriously angry

1 Like

Re: Pls Help My Money Was Transferred by LostMyZeal(m): 10:00am On Dec 24, 2020
Stellly02:
that's their job to send a mail to the CSO in Kaduna branch, not you going there.. The customer service personnel should've been the one to do that.. What if you're not in Kaduna?
Would u have to travel when banks are everywhere? Send a mail to customerservice@fcmb.com, put in copy the name of that staff if u know his/her full name and add fcmb.com to it, whether if he/she sees his/her name in the mail tray, they won't take it seriously angry

Thanks Mahn....this would be helpful smiley
Re: Pls Help My Money Was Transferred by BlueAir: 11:37am On Dec 24, 2020
sad Maybe. I doubt any system is trustworthy in this country
Briller:

My dear, that's not true. As long as you didn't authorize the transactions, you can get your money back. It might take a while due to the high volumes of complaints receive at CBN, but it will definitely be sorted.
Re: Pls Help My Money Was Transferred by Taystee: 5:45pm On Dec 26, 2020
bluefilm:

My happiness right now is that this nonsense can never with a GTBank account all thanks to the GTBank Hardware Token which has proven over the years to be a masterclass.

Two months ago, around 10pm 60k was debited from my younger brother account,it was done by installments 3 times,up till this moment,GTBank did nothing about it.It can happen to any bank,no system in this country is safe...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Naira Appreciates To N756.61/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window / Naira Crisis: Banks Fear Heighten As Customers Shun Cash Deposit / How To Establish A Bottle Water/pure Water Factory (estimates & Costs Included)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.