Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:07 AM

19-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Losing N300m To Forex - Health (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 19-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Losing N300m To Forex (78600 Views)

Salako Treasure, OAU 100-Level Student Commits Suicide (Photo) / 400 Level UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Two Failed Attempts (Photo) / Jigawa University Student Commits Suicide After His Girlfriend Cheated On Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 19-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Losing N300m To Forex by webizone(m): 9:10pm On Dec 22, 2020
maoolamik:
I agree mehn.I’m also 19 and have lost at least 3 million naira on forex.Its becoming a desperate addiction now.I think I should quit in 2021

Guy, let's quit together. I am in the same process as you.
Re: 19-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Losing N300m To Forex by Elbowla(m): 9:12pm On Dec 22, 2020
Cardinalpoint:
It's good you understand what you are putting your money into before investing. Forex market is rigged against any retail trader by default because you are in the market with heavy weight like the government, banks, billionaires. These people eat retail traders for lunch.They put billions of dollars in the market. They have employed mathematicians to trade for them. They are not looking or studying any stupid chart neither are they staying awake at night praying the market will not go against them. Is it your hundreds or thousands of dollars that you think will earn you something. SMH

Some people will just open their mouth n be spewing rubbish from their ignorant and shallow thinking brain 'bout what they don't know much about......Online Forex Trading Is Still Fu***ing Paying Back to Back n The Gurus Are Silently Cashing Out.....

You'll never see those gurus collecting peoples hard-earned money all in the name of managing their account or giving some useless forex seminars..... They are always occupied with their mobile phone or computer, trading 24/7 and making some serious cash without divulging their top-secret strategy.....I know this because I have an uncle in PH who has been trading forex since 2007 till date n he has more than 3 big buildings scattered around PH from the proceeds of forex, and now building another one for his mum (my maternal grandma) in Ogun State...... WHAT YOU DONT KNOW IS ALWAYS BIGGER THAN YOU......STOP SPREADING IGNORANCE.

1 Like

Re: 19-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Losing N300m To Forex by doggedfighter(f): 9:12pm On Dec 22, 2020
Chukwumahike:
Feyi Daniels... Will neva forget dat name cos I almost used my 100 levels school fees to invest while my class mate whom I told about d seminar at main auditorium invested 30k.. Money enta voice mail till today
[quwote author=doggedfighter post=97315131]This took me down memory lane in the University of Benin years ago.

We called him F D. He used forex trading investment to dupe people, made students collect money to the tune of millions.

And he claimed to be a campus fellowship pastor of Daystar then.

And then he disappeared.

Rest on ,young Lad cry cry

I'm sure you didn't set out to lose people's money reason you couldn't live with yourself.

It's a harsh world !!

Hailings from here grin grin grin

Greatest of the greatest gbogbo grin grin

1 Like

Re: 19-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Losing N300m To Forex by Bignuell(m): 9:24pm On Dec 22, 2020
Willie2015:

Whao !
Never a fan of forex...
Despite my finance background & qualification...
Just too volatile and v high risk
Prefer to stay on stocks, bonds, etf and real estate.
Hi. Can you tell me more about this etf??
Re: 19-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Losing N300m To Forex by doggedfighter(f): 9:32pm On Dec 22, 2020
ijames:
I was a victim...lol

Greatest gbogbo grin grin
Re: 19-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Losing N300m To Forex by doggedfighter(f): 9:33pm On Dec 22, 2020
Brunicekid:
SO SO SADDENING!!!!!!
Sadddening indeed.

Hope you had a great day? grin
Re: 19-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Losing N300m To Forex by excel101(m): 9:47pm On Dec 22, 2020
sugacoatedmouth:

Yes your Hungry looking Cart pushing Father of course wink wink
You mean that giraffe-necked 30kg weight father of yours.
Re: 19-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Losing N300m To Forex by Kdtrey5: 9:54pm On Dec 22, 2020
BLoomfrancs:

I can't believe you asking this. Like for real.

There are lots and lots of stuff to do to earn money online.

You have Freelancing as No. 1

You have Youtube as No. 2

You have blogging as No. 3

You have dropshipping as No. 4

You have Tutoring as No. 5

And so much more.

The above listed are goldmines.

I am not saying from hearsay. I am telling you from firsthand experience.

I am a freelancer on Fiverr and I have made more than $600 this December. Now that's more than 230k grin grin grin

In the screenshot, I have $480 already plus $136 as expected earnings because I have not delivered the work to the buyers.

I withdrew $100 last week for flexing grin grin grin. All work and no play makes jack a doll baby. Lol cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
if ur not lying bro old show me d way
Re: 19-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Losing N300m To Forex by BLoomfrancs(m): 10:00pm On Dec 22, 2020
Kdtrey5:
if ur not lying bro old show me d way

Lol. Believe what you wanna believe. I'm out!
Re: 19-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Losing N300m To Forex by BLoomfrancs(m): 10:02pm On Dec 22, 2020
rhodman:

Thanks for this.

If I may ask what are you really doing on Fiverr?
Freelancing what exactly?

Graphic Design, Logo Design, Fillable PDF, and More!
Re: 19-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Losing N300m To Forex by Cardinalpoint: 10:02pm On Dec 22, 2020
Kontinu!

It's your money, do what so ever you like with it.
Elbowla:

Some people will just open their mouth n be spewing rubbish from their ignorant and shallow thinking brain 'bout what they don't know much about......Online Forex Trading Is Still Fu***ing Paying Back to Back n The Gurus Are Silently Cashing Out.....

You'll never see those gurus collecting peoples hard-earned money all in the name of managing their account or giving some useless forex seminars..... They are always occupied with their mobile phone or computer, trading 24/7 and making some serious cash without divulging their top-secret strategy.....I know this because I have an uncle in PH who has been trading forex since 2007 till date n he has more than 3 big buildings scattered around PH from the proceeds of forex, and now building another one for his mum (my maternal grandma) in Ogun State...... WHAT YOU DONT KNOW IS ALWAYS BIGGER THAN YOU......STOP SPREADING IGNORANCE.

1 Like

Re: 19-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Losing N300m To Forex by Nobody: 10:16pm On Dec 22, 2020
Nostradamus:
I find this statement very funny grin

grin
sir i know it is a long time.
but do you remember that moniker melin the satanist do you still follow his teachings.
are you still a satanist.
Re: 19-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Losing N300m To Forex by Internet247(m): 11:13pm On Dec 22, 2020
forex and betting to me na the same thing !!
forex na halal, not really sure tho , but betting na haram !

the guy for just use the money play 2 sure odds
Re: 19-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Losing N300m To Forex by Olufemiolaolu(m): 11:46pm On Dec 22, 2020
osamz007:
FOREX NOT FOR THE FAINT HEARTED .
How could you be be so insensitive? So sad
Re: 19-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Losing N300m To Forex by luluosas(m): 11:50pm On Dec 22, 2020
Students, please face your studies and never you become greedy for filthy lucre.
Anyway, I have no sympathy for suicidals. So, he should face the consequences of his stupid actions

1 Like

Re: 19-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Losing N300m To Forex by deleo16(m): 12:01am On Dec 23, 2020
Cardinalpoint:
It's good you understand what you are putting your money into before investing. Forex market is rigged against any retail trader by default because you are in the market with heavy weight like the government, banks, billionaires. These people eat retail traders for lunch.They put billions of dollars in the market. They have employed mathematicians to trade for them. They are not looking or studying any stupid chart neither are they staying awake at night praying the market will not go against them. Is it your hundreds or thousands of dollars that you think will earn you something. SMH
Steve Maduro and ICT dealth with issue they went deeper on this for traders if u are a serious trader get those videos they are on YouTube
Re: 19-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Losing N300m To Forex by coldFLARES1(m): 12:07am On Dec 23, 2020
When, in 2009 or so, I lost very valuable savings to the volatility of FX trading, seeing all of my investment vanish in less than 4 minutes while monitoring the fatal position, I was sure it would only take a prophecy to trade again. grin.

I finished 4litres of water in less than 2 minutes because I was feeling 'ba kan ba kan'. The biggest single loss I have made till date.

God forgive his sins and rest his soul. I can only imagine how hopeless he felt before ending it all since, aside losing his stakes, he lost countless others' money to such hugely risky investment.
Re: 19-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Losing N300m To Forex by Noemic: 2:03am On Dec 23, 2020
Lmao, you sound like a teenager with big dreams yet with little experience.

People like you is best left to learn from their mistakes... Dunno why these older folks ( someone that’s been into the trading for 16 years) keep advising you.

Experience is always the best teacher, only then will you understand that you’re not the smartest person on earth and you’re not so special.

On a different note, most yahoo boys camouflage their illegal wealth as proceeds of forex trading and bitcoin investments. Don’t look at your uni friends on a surface level.

Fmghewzy:

You said meaningful things bro,but on forex as gambling,it is not entirely true.

Although the stockbrokers could cheat you and you could lose your money if you don't know what you are doing.Treating it as gambling.
My friends make money from it and am also learning,are they using charms I don't know.but forex isn't gambling if you know what you are doing.

On the other things you said I agree 100%
Re: 19-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Losing N300m To Forex by Noemic: 2:23am On Dec 23, 2020
[/quote]
Re: 19-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Losing N300m To Forex by merrymike47(m): 4:17am On Dec 23, 2020
TheLionofLasigi:
Young chap with potential gone too soon, he probably was the middle man that invested in a scam....

Been trading FX although majorly commodities and crypto for over 4years and I'd never take outside money for investment...never, most guys new to this business want to start making money on the first day added to the fact that brokers make things worse these guys don't have the patience and discipline to learn and practice, I've lost personal money, I've lost money from family members, sleepless nights of practice, reading and more practice, following Bloomberg, covid, data releases and all.....this thing takes time and discipline to master and learn, plus it's not about making large crazy profits but consistent profits no matter how small, and even with me being averagely good am still combining it with pepper and cucumber farming on the side,.... trading can be a blessing or a curse. If you lack emotional discipline just forget about it.
where are you at? I mean where do you stay? I like to be surrounded with ur type of person. Can we b friends? It like there's a lot to learn from you. My gentle me don't bite what I can't chew [forex or whtever] but I like d part of pepper and cucumber that you mentioned.
Re: 19-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Losing N300m To Forex by Tzar(m): 5:27am On Dec 23, 2020
Nigerians & their 'reap where you didn't sow
' mentality!
The philosophy is get rich quick!
Nobody wants to grow organically anymore.
Contentment is synonymous to stupidity in Nigerian parlance.

1 Like

Re: 19-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Losing N300m To Forex by Lenient001: 6:13am On Dec 23, 2020
Nobody go save Nobody for this Nigeria.. In fact, our governments nah their godfathers.
Make unah just use your 36.
Re: 19-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Losing N300m To Forex by palsenator(m): 7:16am On Dec 23, 2020
Rest is Peace to the dead but what's wrong with our people? Forex is not the scam here, it is the people involved. Forex trading is A VERY TOUGH course to learn. It is not a get rich quick scheme. People keep spoiling the image of this genuine business simply because they are greedy or not ready to learn. Stop giving out your money to people. If you want to trade, learn it. If you can't , hold your fund.
The same forex, I know someone who made over 500 million last year in profit. Only few have got the brain to trade forex and the psychology to handle it. FOREX is not a scam. People only use it to dupe , same way people have used bitcoin trading, even contract signing. Scam is scam , it doesn't mean the business involved is always scam.
Before you ask, yes I trade for a living.

Once again, Rest in peace to the dead.
Re: 19-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Losing N300m To Forex by palsenator(m): 7:22am On Dec 23, 2020
coldFLARES1:
When, in 2009 or so, I lost very valuable savings to the volatility of FX trading, seeing all of my investment vanish in less than 4 minutes while monitoring the fatal position, I was sure it would only take a prophecy to trade again. grin.

I finished 4litres of water in less than 2 minutes because I was feeling 'ba kan ba kan'. The biggest single loss I have made till date.

God forgive his sins and rest his soul. I can only imagine how hopeless he felt before ending it all since, aside losing his stakes, he lost countless others' money to such hugely risky investment.

Lol, I remembered how I lost a million Naira to forex trading around that same year. It was weird. I placed a trade and before you could say Jack, it all went away. But today, I have recovered simply because I didn't give up. I now trade full time and I earn consistently. Forex is not a business for the weak and dullard. It requires extra skills from within. It requires that ingenuity. Above all, one needs to be patient and not greedy. It's a business to me and not gambling anymore. Those years, trading fx was a gamble.
Best wishes bro .
Re: 19-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Losing N300m To Forex by Cardinalpoint: 7:29am On Dec 23, 2020
Re: 19-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Losing N300m To Forex by palsenator(m): 7:29am On Dec 23, 2020
Cardinalpoint:

Then trade like them. It is the same market, the same quotes. If the mathematicians are humans and making money, why not trade like them? Don't use English kee yourself.. The big guns , create the trend, as a retail trader, do not ever trade against the trend. Rather , find a way to key into trends.

I trade full time for a living and I don't trade for the banks....

1 Like

Re: 19-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Losing N300m To Forex by Cardinalpoint: 7:36am On Dec 23, 2020
palsenator:

Then trade like them. It is the same market, the same quotes. If the mathematicians are humans and making money, why not trade like them? Don't use English kee yourself.. The big guns , create the trend, as a retail trader, do not ever trade against the trend. Rather , find a way to key into trends.

I trade full time for a living and I don't trade for the banks....
Let me ask you this question and I need you to be honest. IN THE LAST FEW YEARS YOU HAVE BEEN TRADING, COMPARE THE MONEY YOU HAVE PUT INTO FOREX WITH THE MONEY YOU HAVE WITHDRAWN, CAN YOU CONFIDENTLY SAY YOU HAVE MADE PROFIT. If you lie na God go punish you
Re: 19-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Losing N300m To Forex by Geovanni412(m): 7:41am On Dec 23, 2020
TheLionofLasigi:
Young chap with potential gone too soon, he probably was the middle man that invested in a scam....

Been trading FX although majorly commodities and crypto for over 4years and I'd never take outside money for investment...never, most guys new to this business want to start making money on the first day added to the fact that brokers make things worse these guys don't have the patience and discipline to learn and practice, I've lost personal money, I've lost money from family members, sleepless nights of practice, reading and more practice, following Bloomberg, covid, data releases and all.....this thing takes time and discipline to master and learn, plus it's not about making large crazy profits but consistent profits no matter how small, and even with me being averagely good am still combining it with pepper and cucumber farming on the side,.... trading can be a blessing or a curse. If you lack emotional discipline just forget about it.

Guy, I dey feel your style. Na d best way be that... if you haven't seen tangible profit for at least 1yr trading on your own, it is quite wrong to collect anybody's money. Personally, I think it's better to invest in cryptos rather than to trade it..but like you said, the whole game is a long term thing best partnered with an actual source of income.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

23-Year-Old Destiny Benjamin Dies 4 Days After Hip Surgery In Lagos / Doctor Jumps Into Lagoon At Third Mainland Bridge (Suicide) / The Eyes & The Vagina Don't Need Cleaning Up Regularly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.