Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,159 members, 7,811,341 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:43 AM

19-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Losing N300m To Forex - Health (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 19-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Losing N300m To Forex (78630 Views)

Salako Treasure, OAU 100-Level Student Commits Suicide (Photo) / 400 Level UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Two Failed Attempts (Photo) / Jigawa University Student Commits Suicide After His Girlfriend Cheated On Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 19-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Losing N300m To Forex by Fmghewzy(m): 3:44pm On Dec 22, 2020
Ghostmode2two:
I quite agree with you but what I don't understand is that how come the young man decided to kill himself if making the money easy, he should try and make it and repay everyone.

Some of this people are running ponzi schemes,they Rob Peter to pay Paul.
Looking at the interest rate they promise sef you go know say na scam.

3 Likes

Re: 19-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Losing N300m To Forex by Martinez39s(m): 3:45pm On Dec 22, 2020
Lexusgs430:
We dey shout, people no go hear...... Keep investing ó..... grin
cheesy grin People no dey hear word. Dem think say dem sharp. grin Nothing like free money anywhere.
Re: 19-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Losing N300m To Forex by BLoomfrancs(m): 3:46pm On Dec 22, 2020
kelvindj98:
Na scammers and liars full this thread, let me too put my lie join. I lost 200 million nairas to forex, thank God I didn't kill myself.

Guy no be lie. I have about 10 different FOREX Accounts. All in the red. Some with losses of up to 800 dollars. some up to 500. I just decided to deactivate all of them and unsubscribe from their monthly email newsletters. Those idiots called to know why I closed my accounts and if I need help trading FOREX.

Those guys are fraudsters. Most times, when I would deposit some money in order to salvage the money I already have in my account. instead of them to fund my account on time, they would be dillydallying until I would lose the money. The kind insult I gave that customer support guy for asking whether I need any help with trading. All that was out of frustration and regret. But I have learned my lesson.

12 Likes

Re: 19-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Losing N300m To Forex by humilitypays(m): 3:47pm On Dec 22, 2020
Angelfrost:

These people know nothing... Just leave them! Most of them will learn the hard way in tears!
I have done what my conscience told me to do, it's left for the wise to listen.

Forex trading, binary option trading, etc are all gambling just like sports betting.

Nigerians love quick and easy money that is why they fall easily for these GRQ scams; from MMM to hundreds of similar MLM scams, yet they refuse to learn

5 Likes

Re: 19-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Losing N300m To Forex by Eyeofemmanuel(m): 3:48pm On Dec 22, 2020
bigjackass:
weep not, the boy is actually alive and this is just a fake death hoax to escape from the debts
Guy aswear grin grin
Re: 19-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Losing N300m To Forex by IMAliyu(m): 3:48pm On Dec 22, 2020
millionboi2:
Not forex ooo
No matter how u study it and claim to understand it when it will hit u,it will be proportional to ur gain
That's why you use risk management.

You should only risk between 3% 1% of your account on any trade.

That way if things go against your analysis, you can cut your loses short. And not blow your account. Take your time to rest and come back another day with a clear mind.

But when people find themselves in a losing streak, hopium kicks in and they increase their stop lose, hoping it will reverse, or they start revenge trading and increase their lot sizes. And the thing turns into gambling.

Before you know it, you've emptied your account.

Another rule people don't obey, is only trade with money you can afford to lose, same rule goes for general inviting. But we all get greedy and want to make money fast.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 19-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Losing N300m To Forex by Ghostmode2two(m): 3:49pm On Dec 22, 2020
Fmghewzy:

Some of this people are running ponzi schemes,they Rob Peter to pay Paul.
Looking at the interest rate they promise sef you go know say na scam.
I really feel sad for the death of the 19 years old guy. He seems a very promising young man but some silly mistakes cost him his life. I do unstable that space in us all that greed occupies which always allow us to make mistakes all in the name of wanting to make more thereby falling into traps
Re: 19-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Losing N300m To Forex by Brunicekid(m): 3:53pm On Dec 22, 2020
doggedfighter:
This took me down memory lane in the University of Benin years ago.

We called him F D. He used forex trading investment to dupe people, made students collect money to the tune of millions.

And he claimed to be a campus fellowship pastor of Daystar then.

And then he disappeared.

Rest on ,young Lad cry cry

I'm sure you didn't set out to lose people's money reason you couldn't live with yourself.

It's a harsh world !!

SO SO SADDENING!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: 19-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Losing N300m To Forex by Brunicekid(m): 3:54pm On Dec 22, 2020
Nbotee:
How did a 19yr old get access to 300m ?
So, access to huge money is determined by age? Like seriously

1 Like

Re: 19-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Losing N300m To Forex by BLoomfrancs(m): 3:55pm On Dec 22, 2020
UDUJ:

Because currency trading is highly volatile and not for the timid of hearts. One silly tweet from a crazy dude like Trump could send the market tumbling, same thing unexpected terrorist attacks, global conflicts etc. You could lose billions in less than a second if a trade turns against you, same way you can reap huge rewards if you are lucky and the timing is right. Warren Buffet lost billions of dollars in minutes when the market turned some years back but made it back later as well. Forex is not for the faint hearted.

Forex is not for anybody who is hardworking and talented. It is only for fools who don't know how to properly invest money. There was some news I saw on CNN in 2013 about a billionaire who lost billions of dollars just in about 12 minutes. Now, tell me, what on earth makes you think that something that swallowed that huge amount of money cannot swallow any penny you have.

The summary is that it will always end in tears. undecided cry cry grin

5 Likes

Re: 19-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Losing N300m To Forex by Komu1048(m): 3:56pm On Dec 22, 2020
millionboi2:
you an idiot to support our foolish leaders

I won't even trade words with you, small bois like you will rather result to insult than engage in meaningful discussion. Next time look for your age group

1 Like

Re: 19-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Losing N300m To Forex by ivolt: 3:57pm On Dec 22, 2020
wink2015:

It is not the BUHARI ADMINISTRATION that needs to put regulation to prevent fraud.

IT IS THE HUMAN GREED for quick wealth that needs to be controlled.

But WILL HUMAN EVER LEARN FROM THEIR MISTAKES? That is the question.

You just restated the problem.
The government can't stop all fraud, but it has the capacity t stop the big ones.
Re: 19-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Losing N300m To Forex by Rapsodee(m): 3:58pm On Dec 22, 2020
This is why I always advise every FOREX beginner to find a mentor who will speak to his brain anytime he is getting greedy. But most people do solo trading and we all keep learning the same lesson every time. I have lost money too and I have learnt my lessons. Don't engage anybody's money into anything TRADING, use your spare money and also, never trade with greediness. Even if you have $3000 in your account, trade with a lot size not more than 0.05. Risk management is the key to long term FOREX trading career.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 19-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Losing N300m To Forex by Davidski(m): 4:04pm On Dec 22, 2020
bigjackass:
weep not, the boy is actually alive and this is just a fake death hoax to escape from the debts

He is dead there is video evidence.
Re: 19-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Losing N300m To Forex by imagrg(m): 4:05pm On Dec 22, 2020
Photoshop
hellohgy:

There is a picture of his body lying dead in the hospital
Re: 19-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Losing N300m To Forex by imagrg(m): 4:07pm On Dec 22, 2020
He may not be dead.
A criminal is a criminal.
Handywork:
abeg e reach to commit suicide
who knows what was on his mind b4 attempting sucide, he was devastated and many of us may have that kinda experience, ₦300m is alot of money for a 19yrs old to pay back.. but the bitter truth is that he's so weak in heart that sucide is the only option for him to escape pressure...
well it is his choice,life goes on
may his soul rest in peace
Re: 19-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Losing N300m To Forex by UDUJ(m): 4:08pm On Dec 22, 2020
BLoomfrancs:

Forex is not for anybody who is hardworking and talented. It is only for fools who don't know how to properly invest money. There was some news I saw on CNN in 2013 about a billionaire who lost billions of dollars just in about 12 minutes. Now, tell me, what on earth makes you think that something that swallowed that huge amount of money cannot swallow any penny you have.

cheesy grin cheesy You omitted the word PREMIUM. It always ends in premium tears cheesy

10 Likes

Re: 19-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Losing N300m To Forex by armadeo(m): 4:09pm On Dec 22, 2020
pickatyouu:

You traded yourself or gave a company to trade for you.

He meant 50k.

50 million na beans. Who get that money cash will maintain the route he used to make it and not just blow in forex even if na 419 he used to make it.

3 Likes

Re: 19-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Losing N300m To Forex by Temptee101(m): 4:11pm On Dec 22, 2020
Nbotee:
How did a 19yr old get access to 300m ?

This is a very pertinent question.

1 Like

Re: 19-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Losing N300m To Forex by millionboi2: 4:12pm On Dec 22, 2020
Komu1048:

I won't even trade words with you, small bois like you will rather result to insult than engage in meaningful discussion. Next time look for your age group
meaningful discussion with ur type that kept feeding on our resources and come here to praise those wolf's.

Stop supporting evil
Re: 19-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Losing N300m To Forex by Kwara1stson: 4:13pm On Dec 22, 2020
prince3009:

You must have traded "Binary or Digital" options. That thing is like Virtual in betting. It can collect all your investment in one minute.

I know of a friend whom i introduced and he started with $50. In just 2 months, he was having like $1500 with my guidance.

Home boy wanted to be smart and started trading binary...his $1,500 turned into almost $3000plus in a day...the next day, when he called me to come and witness it, his balance went to 0.20cents in my presence. Dude almost had High BP grin
I need your guidance please

1 Like

Re: 19-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Losing N300m To Forex by ADEBAZ95(m): 4:14pm On Dec 22, 2020
Zayd007:

That's for those who still had the mind to get bitten twice by the same snake.

He has refused to release money. He has gone into hiding and promised to pay on February

We gather dey. I lost 230k to vickson. Though this wkc people dey oppress me to go back to invested but I said to my self No. I stopped anything forex investment in march. Thank God I did.

3 Likes

Re: 19-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Losing N300m To Forex by armadeo(m): 4:14pm On Dec 22, 2020
NNC5:
The numbers in this story are not adding up...

If i collect / borrow money from all my friends, relatives enemies and whatever.
all the people i know.
it will not come close to Three Hundred Million

How does a student get his hands on that

I'm sure it's the total money invested in the scam from everyone that amounted to that.

I wonder how people drop such funds for ponzi.

I chop MMM, and jaapa before the crash, micheno blasted me 100 because my intro didnt tell me the truth on duration existence and since then I dey my lane.

Let me hear invest issue of just drop your money and we turn enemies straight.

2 Likes

Re: 19-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Losing N300m To Forex by millionboi2: 4:14pm On Dec 22, 2020
BLoomfrancs:

Hahahaha
Re: 19-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Losing N300m To Forex by armadeo(m): 4:16pm On Dec 22, 2020
ruggedtimi:
baba forex doesn't pay as people think...every single one of this forex investment and ntwrk marketing are all Ponzi schemes. Watch the movie "wolf of wall street"

Guy I've spoken to forex traders. The only ones who seem to be making it are those faceless ones online.

The people I've met face to face confess that they've not even broken even since they started.

Maybe the true traders keep thier secrets as to be expected. Anyone who says I'll teach you for a fee is most likely a crook.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 19-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Losing N300m To Forex by Nobody: 4:19pm On Dec 22, 2020
rhodman:

Lol, see you.

A student lost 6 billion early this year to this FOREX
Yes 6 billion!
6 billion ke... What is he looking for again with 6 bn

1 Like

Re: 19-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Losing N300m To Forex by ijames: 4:21pm On Dec 22, 2020
I was a victim...lol

doggedfighter:
This took me down memory lane in the University of Benin years ago.

We called him F D. He used forex trading investment to dupe people, made students collect money to the tune of millions.

And he claimed to be a campus fellowship pastor of Daystar then.

And then he disappeared.

Rest on ,young Lad cry cry

I'm sure you didn't set out to lose people's money reason you couldn't live with yourself.

It's a harsh world !!

Re: 19-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Losing N300m To Forex by UDUJ(m): 4:24pm On Dec 22, 2020
Is there something wrong with this forum's algorithm? Why is this story in the HEALTH section and not the CRIME section?

Someone who commits or attempts to commit suicide, deceiving people to invest in fraudulent ponzi schemes etc are crimes.

1 Like

Re: 19-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Losing N300m To Forex by Plut01: 4:24pm On Dec 22, 2020

Is this not the same guy that was said to scam people last month? A thread was created on it where some students said he scammed them and the school. Yes the school and so many lecturers were said to have invested in his Forex company.

I told them it was business gone wrong for him.

I was right.

Re: 19-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Losing N300m To Forex by Tony142: 4:25pm On Dec 22, 2020
BLoomfrancs:

Guy no be lie. I have about 10 different FOREX Accounts. All in the red. Some with losses of up to 800 dollars. some up to 500. I just decided to deactivate all of them and unsubscribed from their monthly email newsletters. Those idiots called to know why I closed my accounts and if I need help trading FOREX.

Those guys are fraudsters. Most times, when I will deposit some money in order to salvage the money I already have in my account. instead of them to fund my account on time, they will be dillydallying until I would lose the money. The kind insult I gave that customer support guy for asking whether I need any help with trading. All that was out of frustration and regret. But I have learnt my lesson.

u never fit trade 1 account finish, u dey go open 10 account, #mumu

1 Like

Re: 19-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Losing N300m To Forex by PARADIZEPRIEST: 4:26pm On Dec 22, 2020
angrythat was how one morakinyo was dupin and scammin lagosians whn this started,he even usin radio stations jingles and all sorts of gimmicks. undecided those forex criminals and naija politrickcians are in same category. there are no genuine forex broker in nigeria all of them are crooks and sweet tonguin bastarrds defraudin gullible ppl.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Doctor Jumps Into Lagoon At Third Mainland Bridge (Suicide) / 23-Year-Old Destiny Benjamin Dies 4 Days After Hip Surgery In Lagos / The Eyes & The Vagina Don't Need Cleaning Up Regularly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.