Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,131 members, 7,818,393 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:18 PM

19-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Losing N300m To Forex - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 19-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Losing N300m To Forex (78691 Views)

Salako Treasure, OAU 100-Level Student Commits Suicide (Photo) / 400 Level UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Two Failed Attempts (Photo) / Jigawa University Student Commits Suicide After His Girlfriend Cheated On Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 19-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Losing N300m To Forex by frog12: 3:00pm On Dec 22, 2020
you always lose more than you gain, when you trade in FOREX, or any of these things

RedPanthar:
Sorry bro

I lost around 50 Million in Forex. I know the depression that comes with it.

Condolences to his family.
Re: 19-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Losing N300m To Forex by TheWalkingMind: 3:00pm On Dec 22, 2020
authority2006:

More loss than gain.
They we're not doing forex. They were disguising.
Re: 19-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Losing N300m To Forex by rhodman: 3:01pm On Dec 22, 2020
Zayd007:

The one at FUNAAB right

There are so many untold stories behind that!

Na Ponzi scheme jare

Yeah.

People had different versions of their story but the bottom line he lost all students money,even lecturers and professors invested. All accumulating to that amount. Some said it was initially 11billion.

I didn't even want to hear what the real story was, I lost 150k, many of my friends lost 400k, 100k, 300k, 50k, 800k... etc.
And my close pal lost 3.5million, he was a middle man collecting from people to invest.

I was finishing my project defense that period, I just use vex leave school. That was the only money I had for my after school plans. grin

3 Likes

Re: 19-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Losing N300m To Forex by jubianose(m): 3:01pm On Dec 22, 2020
I wonder. People no dey get sense...

People no dey get sense
Re: 19-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Losing N300m To Forex by Emeka71(m): 3:02pm On Dec 22, 2020
Fmghewzy:

Sit down there and be asking jamb questions.

Making money online is easy if you know what you are doing.

I just wonder how those mumu Yahoo boys doing charms to get client and dupe them.
Can't they branch into forex and use same charms.

You sound like somebody doing FOREX Trading.

2 Likes

Re: 19-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Losing N300m To Forex by omoadeleye(m): 3:02pm On Dec 22, 2020
Handywork:
abeg e reach to commit suicide
who knows what was on his mind b4 attempting sucide, he was devastated and many of us may have that kinda experience, ₦300m is alot of money for a 19yrs old to pay back.. but the bitter truth is that he's so weak in heart that sucide is the only option for him to escape pressure...
well it is his choice,life goes on
may his soul rest in peace

He just killed himself by escaping with people's money, so bad from the guy.

Those he owes will be devastated on earth now but he had escaped from them.
Re: 19-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Losing N300m To Forex by millionboi2: 3:02pm On Dec 22, 2020
uthlaw:
gambling is better,you know the team you are selecting!
hahahaha
Have u trade before?
Re: 19-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Losing N300m To Forex by humilitypays(m): 3:02pm On Dec 22, 2020
FOREX trading, Binary option trading are all gambling. Even the trader is not sure.

if forex trading is an edorado like most Nigerians are made to believe, everybody would have become rich. all banks and big corporations will just go and hire best traders and make billions.

Nigerians wake up, forex is same as betting

12 Likes

Re: 19-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Losing N300m To Forex by solonubinho(m): 3:02pm On Dec 22, 2020
Trustedpro:
Forex can turn you a billionaire if you know how to trade. I tried with 100dollars in 2018 and before mid of same year I already made about 6000dollars. But greed set in, I use to trade with 10dollars or at most 50dollars...I began to trade with 500 - 1000 dollars at a time...that was how I lost 5500dollars...I gently withdrew 500 out of depression. Uphill now I never balance. Many people were willing to give me money to help them trade, but I refused.

Sorry bro. It's called the more you look, the less you see.

3 Likes

Re: 19-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Losing N300m To Forex by Toks2008(m): 3:03pm On Dec 22, 2020
Yankee101:
Anyone that can trade forex properly does not need anyone's money. You have access to 'leverage' or borrowing up to X times of your capital. So if you win or lose it's big.

Don't ever ever give anyone money to trade forex for you. They likely need your money cos they're losing

You make some sense here.

That is why I prefer to give profitable signals and let people pay monthly subscriptions.. I just hate trading for anyone.
Re: 19-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Losing N300m To Forex by Opengates(m): 3:03pm On Dec 22, 2020
osamz007:
FOREX NOT FOR THE FAINT HEARTED .

Abi ooo
Re: 19-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Losing N300m To Forex by lekki1444: 3:03pm On Dec 22, 2020
Trustedpro:
Forex can turn you a billionaire if you know how to trade. I tried with 100dollars in 2018 and before mid of same year I already made about 6000dollars. But greed set in, I use to trade with 10dollars or at most 50dollars...I began to trade with 500 - 1000 dollars at a time...that was how I lost 5500dollars...I gently withdrew 500 out of depression. Uphill now I never balance. Many people were willing to give me money to help them trade, but I refused.
well at least you made a profit of 400 dollars

6 Likes

Re: 19-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Losing N300m To Forex by jubianose(m): 3:04pm On Dec 22, 2020
I wonder

[left][/left]

People no dey get sense
Re: 19-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Losing N300m To Forex by rhodman: 3:04pm On Dec 22, 2020
Zayd007:

The one at FUNAAB right

Na Ponzi scheme jare

It was reported that when his bank account report was printed, over 21 pages were of betting sites transactions

Waoh!

I didn't even know this
Re: 19-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Losing N300m To Forex by o9o9: 3:04pm On Dec 22, 2020
Zayd007:

The one at FUNAAB right

Na Ponzi scheme jare

It was reported that when his bank account report was printed, over 21 pages were of betting sites transactions

It is simple.

They start up in a noble way trading and making little gains but the ROI promised is way too high to fulfill. No one would consistently make 30% returns except you are taking big risks abd with such comes the risk of losing money . So what do they do when they lose investor's money?

They run to betting and gambling because that's the only way to meet up with their losses.

They add 20, 40, 80 odds together.

Forex ruins lives. I have seen it live with not 1, 2 or even 5 people. Guys just do not trade it. Don't ever dare touch it. We don't have the facilities for you to able to successfully navigate such options in Nigeria.

One shitty network connection can ruin your trade and account due to volatility.

14 Likes

Re: 19-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Losing N300m To Forex by Fmghewzy(m): 3:04pm On Dec 22, 2020
millionboi2:
How easy is it
It is easy it you are ready to use your brain,and you are not greedy.
Re: 19-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Losing N300m To Forex by uthlaw: 3:04pm On Dec 22, 2020
Nostradamus:
I find this statement very funny grin
grin
u no go understand,have tried both!
Re: 19-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Losing N300m To Forex by Zayd007(m): 3:04pm On Dec 22, 2020
rhodman:

Yeah.

People had different versions of their story but the bottom line he lost all students money,even lecturers and professors invested. All accumulating to that amount. Some said it was initially 11billion.

I didn't even want to hear what the real story was, I lost 150k, many of my friends lost 400k, 100k, 300k, 50k, 800k... etc.
And my close pal lost 3.5million, he was a middle man collecting from people to invest.

I was finishing my project defense that period, I just use vex leave school. That was the only money I had for my after school plans. grin

Sorry about that Bro.

A fellow funaabite here.

The other major plug is shaking at the moment though
Re: 19-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Losing N300m To Forex by uthlaw: 3:05pm On Dec 22, 2020
millionboi2:
hahahaha Have u trade before?
sure but stop it, meanwhile I still bet till today!
Re: 19-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Losing N300m To Forex by Lawsaite: 3:05pm On Dec 22, 2020
This same Ponzi scheme is ongoing in UNN/UNEC. They've been arrested but politics and connection is being played out. Elife series. Zion, light ifenna and tojesus
Re: 19-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Losing N300m To Forex by faste: 3:05pm On Dec 22, 2020
uthlaw:
gambling is better,you know the team you are selecting!
No gmbling ....no fortune!
Re: 19-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Losing N300m To Forex by frog12: 3:06pm On Dec 22, 2020
you mean he has access to treasury theives who in turn lost their money in the investment. 300million is alot to raise!!

quote author=michoim post=97324920]
That show he had some talent or personality to mobilise resources but it however went the wrong way. ..[/quote]

1 Like

Re: 19-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Losing N300m To Forex by humilitypays(m): 3:06pm On Dec 22, 2020
Fmghewzy:

Sit down there and be asking jamb questions.

Making money online is easy if you know what you are doing.

I just wonder how those mumu Yahoo boys doing charms to get client and dupe them.
Can't they branch into forex and use same charms.

Some people are quoting me,some to insult me,some asking for assistance.

I said this one because I am 18 yrs and have friends who have made over $20000.
Trading the same forex people cry about.
Trading is not betting,like what most people see it as , that is why they keep failing.

And to those who genuinely need assistance not just taunting.
There are hundreds of ways to make money online,I won't come and start talking blah blah.
Just learn something , Know something .have a plan and think of how to use it to make money.It is not as hard as you all think.

You are a kid. you better quit that forex nonsense. its gambling.

if you want to be rich and in charge of your money, create a solution to societal problems and sell the solution to people in need, just like the piggybank founders did.

forex trading will only mess up your life if you continue.

i started forex trading and teaching as far back as 2006.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: 19-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Losing N300m To Forex by uthlaw: 3:06pm On Dec 22, 2020
faste:
No gmbling ....no fortune!
keep pushing!
Re: 19-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Losing N300m To Forex by frog12: 3:07pm On Dec 22, 2020
where is the story? how can a student raise 6 billion?

rhodman:

Lol, see you.

A student lost 6 billion early this year to this FOREX
Yes 6 billion!

1 Like

Re: 19-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Losing N300m To Forex by millionboi2: 3:07pm On Dec 22, 2020
prince3009:
Pity!

The guy must have traded Binary and Digital options (the virtual of online trading)

I remember losing money to Options! It can make your investment swell over 100% in minutes while you can also lose everything in minutes too!

It is better to trade commodities and stocks. And there are some things you need to look out for before opening a "Buy or Sell" position.

Trading is an art...you need to understand it well before you invest
Not forex ooo
No matter how u study it and claim to understand it when it will hit u,it will be proportional to ur gain
Re: 19-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Losing N300m To Forex by Zayd007(m): 3:07pm On Dec 22, 2020
o9o9:

It is simple.

They start up in a noble way trading and making little gains but the ROI promised is way too high to fulfill. No one would consistently make 30% returns except you are taking big risks abd with such comes the risk of losing money . So what do they do when they lose investor's money?

They run to betting and gambling because that's the only way to meet up with their losses.

They add 20, 40, 80 odds together.

Forex ruins lives. I have seen it live with not 1, 2 or even 5 people. Guys just do not trade it. Don't ever dare touch it. We don't have the facilities for you to able to successfully navigate such options in Nigeria.

One shitty network connection can ruin your trade and account due to volatility.

Mehn!!
Enlightenment is key

1 Like

Re: 19-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Losing N300m To Forex by rhodman: 3:07pm On Dec 22, 2020
Zayd007:

Sorry about that Bro.

A fellow funaabite here.

The other major plug is shaking at the moment though

Hmmn..

Nawa oh, it's better you guys collect your money and run
Re: 19-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Losing N300m To Forex by silaswills01(m): 3:08pm On Dec 22, 2020
If he invested in bitcoin with platforms like binance am very sure he wouldn't have committed suicide
That's really painful
My condolences to his family for the loss cry

2 Likes

Re: 19-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Losing N300m To Forex by Opengates(m): 3:08pm On Dec 22, 2020
Toks2008:

When people contact me for fx training and I charge them N100k Nigeria money they usually say its too much but they will be too quick to invest huge money just to lose it.

Fx is not for the faint hearted but for those who are disciplined and very knowledgeable about technical analysis

Tell them please
Re: 19-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Losing N300m To Forex by lekki1444: 3:09pm On Dec 22, 2020
prince3009:

You must have traded "Binary or Digital" options. That thing is like Virtual in betting. It can collect all your investment in one minute.

I know of a friend whom i introduced and he started with $50. In just 2 months, he was having like $1500 with my guidance.

Home boy wanted to be smart and started trading binary...his $1,500 turned into almost $3000plus in a day...the next day, when he called me to come and witness it, his balance went to 0.20cents in my presence. Dude almost had High BP grin
shocked grin

1 Like

Re: 19-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Losing N300m To Forex by rhodman: 3:10pm On Dec 22, 2020
frog12:
where is the story? how can a student raise 6 billion?

Accumulation of money from so many people and middlemen.

See this thread
https://www.nairaland.com/5670502/nwabuba-victor-ifeanyi-forex-scam
Search vickson funaab on Google for more

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

23-Year-Old Destiny Benjamin Dies 4 Days After Hip Surgery In Lagos / Doctor Delivers Woman Of 1.8kg Baby And 9.8kg Massive Fibroid. Graphic Photos / 8 Diseases A Prostitute Can Give You The Last Can Kill You In Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.