Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,045 members, 7,810,863 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:14 PM

Seun Kuti Arrested Over Shooting Incidence On His Street And Released - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Seun Kuti Arrested Over Shooting Incidence On His Street And Released (25851 Views)

Chef Dammy Arrested Over Petition By Her Pastor, Released On Bail / #lagosunrest : Guy Gives Hilarious Reason Why He Quit Guarding His Street Again / Kwam1’s Son, 8 Others Arrested Over $2m Fraud In The U.S (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Seun Kuti Arrested Over Shooting Incidence On His Street And Released by Sauter: 8:53am On Dec 23, 2020
LAGOS- Afrobeat star, Seun Kuti, who went to the Lagos Police Command on Tuesday morning over the security siege to his Ikeja residence, was reportedly arrested and detained.

DAILY INDEPENDENT gathered from sources close to The Movement of the People (MOP), a political platform he had been floating with some activists and youth organisations, that Seun Kuti who arrived the command headquarters was arrested despite the presence of his legal team and the activists.

The source, however, disclosed that following efforts of the legal team and pressure mounted by the activists, he was released on Tuesday evening.

The source indicated that Seun Kuti was allowed to go home, but could not divulge details of what transpired at the command headquarters.

He however assured that the MOP would soon come out with a press statement on the development.

It would be recalled that since last Friday, the police had placed Seun Kuti’s residence and the area under surveillance.

A member of his household who was reportedly picked up during the siege, was later dropped on the way and allowed to return home.

The police, it was disclosed, reportedly stated that they were reacting to a purported report in the social media to the effect that the music star was allegedly intimidating some people with firearms, an allegation which an MOP leader described as funny.
https://www.independent.ng/seun-kuti-arrested-released/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Seun Kuti Arrested Over Shooting Incidence On His Street And Released by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:57am On Dec 23, 2020
The police, it was disclosed, reportedly stated that they were reacting to a purported report in the social media to the effect that the music star was allegedly intimidating some people with firearms

Omo Baba in the news again.
We will be waiting to hear your own side of the story Seun.

There are 3 sides to every story,
His side,
Their side and the TRUTH!

But the TRUTH will always prevail at the end of it all.

jericco1:
I like Seun Kuti because he is generous and all but most at times dude acts without thinking.
He thinks the world is under his feet because of the legacy of his grandfather. angry

Point of correction : His father actually, not grandfather.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Seun Kuti Arrested Over Shooting Incidence On His Street And Released by Virtualbar: 8:57am On Dec 23, 2020
It's alright.
Re: Seun Kuti Arrested Over Shooting Incidence On His Street And Released by Nobody: 8:57am On Dec 23, 2020
kuti,
Re: Seun Kuti Arrested Over Shooting Incidence On His Street And Released by PAWG(m): 8:57am On Dec 23, 2020
FP stuff
Re: Seun Kuti Arrested Over Shooting Incidence On His Street And Released by IamWonderful: 8:57am On Dec 23, 2020
When has Nigerian government or the police started acting on suspected assault by celebrities, foreigners and politicians, his arrest has political undertone, the issue of gun or assault was just a mere cover up

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seun Kuti Arrested Over Shooting Incidence On His Street And Released by aminusodiq(m): 8:57am On Dec 23, 2020
shocked

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti Arrested Over Shooting Incidence On His Street And Released by jericco1(m): 8:57am On Dec 23, 2020
I like Seun Kuti because he is generous and all but most at times dude acts without thinking.
He thinks the world is under his feet because of the legacy of his father. angry

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seun Kuti Arrested Over Shooting Incidence On His Street And Released by flexd99(m): 8:57am On Dec 23, 2020
Dude gradually loosing his credibility

BTW,
Our Christmas discount is still on our UK used laptops
Contact in signature

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Seun Kuti Arrested Over Shooting Incidence On His Street And Released by slawormiir: 8:57am On Dec 23, 2020
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright....I won't be fast to judge Kuti anyway
Because I remember my grandfather will always say to me son..there are three sides to every gadmnnn story....
1) the complainant version
2)the accused own version
3) and the true story
I thought he was done then he called me again son...
Remember there are alot of no goods sons and daughters of bitches in the Nigerian police force

oluseyiforjesus:
Merry Christmas in advance to all NL
Common Ogbeni...there is nothing merry about the Christmas
The Christmas is full of dog shit

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Seun Kuti Arrested Over Shooting Incidence On His Street And Released by oluseyiforjesus(m): 8:57am On Dec 23, 2020
Merry Christmas in advance to all NL
Re: Seun Kuti Arrested Over Shooting Incidence On His Street And Released by Sheriman(m): 8:58am On Dec 23, 2020
What really happened?
Re: Seun Kuti Arrested Over Shooting Incidence On His Street And Released by proxitaly: 8:58am On Dec 23, 2020
Seun kuti
Re: Seun Kuti Arrested Over Shooting Incidence On His Street And Released by Horlartunes: 8:58am On Dec 23, 2020
post=97346929:
Omo Baba in the news again.........for the wrong reason!

Oh noooo

10 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti Arrested Over Shooting Incidence On His Street And Released by doggedfighter(f): 8:58am On Dec 23, 2020
He's already home. grin

Just have a name in this country.

His gun must've been liscenced.

Activists lose their cool too grin

5 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti Arrested Over Shooting Incidence On His Street And Released by Noblejay7: 8:58am On Dec 23, 2020
When an activist becomes an oppressor.

Learnt he pulled a gun and threatened to shoot someone because of disagreement over wrong packing.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seun Kuti Arrested Over Shooting Incidence On His Street And Released by Kentuforchrist(m): 8:59am On Dec 23, 2020
tongue
Re: Seun Kuti Arrested Over Shooting Incidence On His Street And Released by nairavsdollars(f): 8:59am On Dec 23, 2020
I thought the drug addict said nobody can arrest him and he can shoot anyone and go Scot-free like Donald Trump

9 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti Arrested Over Shooting Incidence On His Street And Released by HerMajestyCares(f): 8:59am On Dec 23, 2020
HE IS LUCKY HE DID THAT GUN SHIT IN NIGERIA, Why using a gun in a public place angry

I JUST HATE THIS DUDE angry angry

And for those supporting his evil character,I guess you don't know how it feels like for someone to pull out a gun at your for nothing,

WE DON'T KNOW EACH OTHER AND I DON'T F*CKING CARE WHO HE IS.
BUT ALL We know is that HE IS A PUBLIC NUISANCE.

HE CAN'T PULL SUCH BULLSHIT In the U.S where I come from.

I Trust the No nonsense Cops There cheesy

I THANK JESUS FOR WEALTH AND LIFE cheesy cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seun Kuti Arrested Over Shooting Incidence On His Street And Released by tstx(m): 8:59am On Dec 23, 2020
Hmm
Re: Seun Kuti Arrested Over Shooting Incidence On His Street And Released by kereman1: 9:00am On Dec 23, 2020
post=97346929:

Omo Baba in the news again.
We will be waiting to hear your own side of the story Seun.

There are 3 sides to every story,
His side,
Their side and the TRUTH!

I don't know why I always feel irritated by ur comments, even if you make a sensible comment, I just always want to oppose you, the dislike I have for you is same with most nlers,

Stop always trying to define this failed administration, it provocative to others onuchie lauretta

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Seun Kuti Arrested Over Shooting Incidence On His Street And Released by money121(m): 9:00am On Dec 23, 2020
Ok
Re: Seun Kuti Arrested Over Shooting Incidence On His Street And Released by AFULA(m): 9:00am On Dec 23, 2020
okay

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti Arrested Over Shooting Incidence On His Street And Released by RareGraphix20: 9:00am On Dec 23, 2020
Nawa
Re: Seun Kuti Arrested Over Shooting Incidence On His Street And Released by SpeedyHitman: 9:00am On Dec 23, 2020
You can't just break down what can't be broken!

I know nairaland is now a nuthouse full of d!cklickers/svckers, pvssyeaters, assfvckers, liars, spammers, scammers, politician-d!cksvckers, heartbreakers, drug dealers, armrobbers, yahoo boys, tribalist, racist, ritualist, hitmen, cultist, wh*res, fanatics & all!

Let us come together & figure out how we gonna fix this godforsaken country!

salaams

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Seun Kuti Arrested Over Shooting Incidence On His Street And Released by adecz: 9:00am On Dec 23, 2020
NA him inherit the true Fela
stubbornness & revolutionary spirit.
Re: Seun Kuti Arrested Over Shooting Incidence On His Street And Released by olisaEze(m): 9:01am On Dec 23, 2020
If he wasn’t from a well to do family, the heading of this post would have probably been;

'GUN TOTING MANIAC OF LAGOS FINALLY ARRESTED AFTER SIEGE ON HIS RESIDENCE'.

REALEASED would have been very very absent from the report!

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Blessing CEO Advises Ada Ameh Over Kemi Olunloyo / Check Out New Photos Of Wizkid / Olamide, Banky W, Daddy Showkey, Eldee, Simi Mourn Stephen Keshi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.