Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,762 members, 7,820,651 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:50 PM

Thisday Editor, Simon Kolawole's Description Of Nairaland - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Thisday Editor, Simon Kolawole's Description Of Nairaland (4496 Views)

Olabisi Kolawole, First Female Police PRO In Nigerian / Before The Honeymoon Ends In Divorce, Simon Kolawole Warns Buhari / What Wikileaks Has Taught Me - Thisday Editor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thisday Editor, Simon Kolawole's Description Of Nairaland by Katsumoto: 1:41pm On Mar 28, 2011
PapaBrowne:

^^^^^^FACT!!

I think the reason is that the Buhari supporters happen to be very negative, aggressive and intolerant of other peoples choices and this article aptly describes them, so naturally they wouldn't agree with it.

Perhaps the pro-Buhari group are tired of the state of the nation especially when Nigeria has the resources to be so much more while the pro-GEJ group are happy with the state of the nation since they and those close to them are benefactors in the current malaise by way of dodgy contracts and appointments.

No right thinking person will be happy about the state of the country. Quit trying to put a spin on it; Nigeria is not working for a sizeable majority.
Re: Thisday Editor, Simon Kolawole's Description Of Nairaland by Jarus(m): 1:48pm On Mar 28, 2011
Simon has confirmed he wasn't referring to NL only, but NL was definitely one of them.

Jarus to SK
Egbon Simon,
How's work? And your day?

I guess you were referring to Nairaland in your column yesterday when you talked about all manners of online arguments on Nigerian politics?

If not, then that description perfectly fits Nairaland, the largest and most lively Nigerian online forum.

It's a place to be, I tell you sir! If not for education, for entertainment

SK's response

Hello Sir
Not just Nairaland. So many of them! They're everywhere! Na wa.
Thanks for your mail sir.
Simon
Re: Thisday Editor, Simon Kolawole's Description Of Nairaland by Bawss1(m): 2:12pm On Mar 28, 2011
Noticed people refer to Nairaland as a blog. It is not a blog it is a forum.
Re: Thisday Editor, Simon Kolawole's Description Of Nairaland by Kobojunkie: 2:19pm On Mar 28, 2011
blacksta:

I dont understand  - All of the issues being discussed online stem from articles being read on Nigerian Newspaper hence i fail to see where issues are different to what is on ground.   If blogers are calling for blood i would say it is better and shows a more advanced set and i wish same online attitude could translate to what we have on ground rather than celebrate mediocracy.

you dey mind the man?! undecided
Re: Thisday Editor, Simon Kolawole's Description Of Nairaland by 9ijaMan: 4:55pm On Mar 28, 2011
blacksta:

I dont understand  - All of the issues being discussed online stem from articles being read on Nigerian Newspaper hence i fail to see where issues are different to what is on ground.   If blogers are calling for blood i would say it is better and shows a more advanced set and i wish same online attitude could translate to what we have on ground rather than celebrate mediocracy.
You'ev just about sid it all.
Re: Thisday Editor, Simon Kolawole's Description Of Nairaland by EzeUche(m): 5:03pm On Mar 28, 2011
Everything he said was true. If you look at many threads on Nairaland, you will see how many of them are aimed at the Ndigbo. It is a shame, but many people need to keep their tribalistic views to themselves.
Re: Thisday Editor, Simon Kolawole's Description Of Nairaland by Vigilante: 5:11pm On Mar 28, 2011
Jarus:

Simon has confirmed he wasn't referring to NL only, but NL was definitely one of them.

Jarus to SK

SK's response

Bet you are dissapointed he wasn't ONLY referring to NL? grin grin grin grin
Re: Thisday Editor, Simon Kolawole's Description Of Nairaland by seanet02: 5:12pm On Mar 28, 2011
Can not seen a single N1 not to talk of nairaland, is it not the same thisday that conducted a kangaroo Poll for GEJ? who dey read thisday sef?
Re: Thisday Editor, Simon Kolawole's Description Of Nairaland by 9ijaMan: 5:21pm On Mar 28, 2011
seanet02:

Can not seen a single N1 not to talk of nairaland, is it not the same thisday that conducted a kangaroo Poll for GEJ? who dey read thisday sef?
Thisday has certainly been added to one of those Papers I will never buy again. If journalism in Nigeria can become a cash and carry enterprise as Thisday has continued to show us, then what hope do we have for obataining the real facts about those who are in leadership position.
Re: Thisday Editor, Simon Kolawole's Description Of Nairaland by Nobody: 5:52pm On Mar 28, 2011
EzeUche:

Everything he said was true. If you look at many threads on Nairaland, you will see how many of them are aimed at the Ndigbo. It is a shame, but many people need to keep their tribalistic views to themselves.

Look who's talking! The Eze Tribalists Gburugburu of Nairaland.
Re: Thisday Editor, Simon Kolawole's Description Of Nairaland by rasputinn(m): 5:59pm On Mar 28, 2011
@ OP

But it is true that Buhari is a democratic ignoramus,infat he is very much anti-democratic(having carried out a coup de etat to topple a civilian government)
He also belongs to the past of Nigeria's history and thus not a pert of our future,hence should not be voted for(this fact was declared by no less a person than Tunde Bakare,who curiously happens to be Buhari's running mate
Re: Thisday Editor, Simon Kolawole's Description Of Nairaland by EzeUche(m): 6:02pm On Mar 28, 2011
Aigbofa:

Look who's talking! The Eze Tribalists Gburugburu of Nairaland.

My record can be seen clearly for all of Nairaland. I do not create threads to lambaste an entire group unlike you and others. I have no time for those foolish games. Do you understand? And you see how my original moniker has been returned.

Learn to keep up with me.
Re: Thisday Editor, Simon Kolawole's Description Of Nairaland by Nobody: 6:04pm On Mar 28, 2011
EzeUche:

My record can be seen clearly for all of Nairaland. I do not create threads to lambaste an entire group unlike you and others. I have no time for those foolish games. Do you understand? And you see how my original moniker has been returned.

Learn to keep up with me.

How do you keep up with a retrograde?
Re: Thisday Editor, Simon Kolawole's Description Of Nairaland by seanet02: 6:07pm On Mar 28, 2011
9ijaMan:

Thisday has certainly been added to one of those Papers I will never buy again. If journalism in Nigeria can become a cash and carry enterprise as Thisday has continued to show us, then what hope do we have for obataining the real facts about those who are in leadership position.

GBAM
Re: Thisday Editor, Simon Kolawole's Description Of Nairaland by 9ijaMan: 6:10pm On Mar 28, 2011
rasputinn:

@ OP

But it is true that Buhari is a democratic ignoramus,infat he is very much anti-democratic(having carried out a coup de etat to topple a civilian government)
He also belongs to the past of Nigeria's history and thus not a pert of our future,hence should not be voted for(this fact was declared by no less a person than Tunde Bakare,who curiously happens to be Buhari's running mate
So what options are you proposing, since your pastime on NL is to simply keep attacking Buhari. Give us an intelligent alternative, if you indeed have brains.
Re: Thisday Editor, Simon Kolawole's Description Of Nairaland by EzeUche(m): 6:11pm On Mar 28, 2011
Aigbofa:

How do you keep up with a retrograde?

More like moving forward. You and your fellow Yoruba tribalist, can continue down that line, but the more progressive thinkers such as myself will be moving forward with Goodluck Jonathan.
Re: Thisday Editor, Simon Kolawole's Description Of Nairaland by Nobody: 6:15pm On Mar 28, 2011
EzeUche:

More like moving forward. You and your fellow Yoruba tribalist, can continue down that line, but the more progressive thinkers such as myself will be moving forward with Goodluck Jonathan.

You progressive thinker? O.k keep moving on with Jonathan. SMH
Re: Thisday Editor, Simon Kolawole's Description Of Nairaland by rasputinn(m): 6:15pm On Mar 28, 2011
9ijaMan:

So what options are you proposing, since your pastime on NL is to simply keep attacking Buhari. Give us an intelligent alternative, if you indeed have brains.

If I attack Buhari,I give reasons for the attack
Last time I checked,I did not insult anybody on this thread,so could you please keep your insult to yourself?The fact that nairaland is largely an anonymous forum where poorly raised adolescents like you talk thrash and abuse people without any provocation does not mean you should make a habit of flaunting your deficiency in upbringing
Re: Thisday Editor, Simon Kolawole's Description Of Nairaland by Nobody: 6:20pm On Mar 28, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

ROTFL grin

You now frequent NL more often nowadays. Shey iyawo ti le e kuro n le ni? just observing. cheesy

I have a little time on my hands. grin grin
Re: Thisday Editor, Simon Kolawole's Description Of Nairaland by 9ijaMan: 6:27pm On Mar 28, 2011
rasputinn:

If I attack Buhari,I give reasons for the attack
Last time I checked,I did not insult anybody on this thread,so could you please keep your insult to yourself?The fact that nairaland is largely an anonymous forum where poorly raised adolescents like you talk thrash and abuse people without any provocation does not mean you should make a habit of flaunting your deficiency in upbringing
I am certainly noticing that you are indeed very poor at abusing! Keep it up.
Just a prayer for you though! May God run your life the way GEJ and PDP have ran Nigeria in the last 12 years.
Abeg just say amen o!
Re: Thisday Editor, Simon Kolawole's Description Of Nairaland by Dede1(m): 6:50pm On Mar 28, 2011
bk.babe97y:

So, now am I to believe that sickos like EzeUche, Dede1 and OnlyLies only exist on the web?

I guess Simon Kolawole and you are bloody fools and psychotic heads who dwell on the web. What is positive about Nigeria that worth writing home about? The newspaper named “Thisday” is regrettable piece of junk and one should not bother how it came about since the editor is delusional airhead named Simon Kolawole.

From death traps called roads, mechanic thatch houses with tarred roads called airports, container junkyards called seaports, lack of electricity, inadequate clean drinking water to sectarian insanity, Nigeria is epitome of negativity.

Those who still think Nigeria is worth any form of recommendation are people who have not being able to travel to kumba in Cameroon.
Re: Thisday Editor, Simon Kolawole's Description Of Nairaland by AljUche: 6:54pm On Mar 28, 2011
Dede1:

I guess Simon Kolawole and you are bloody fools and psychotic heads who dwell on the web. What is positive about Nigeria that worth writing home about? The newspaper named “Thisday” is regrettable piece of junk and one should not bother how it came about since the editor is delusional airhead named Simon Kolawole.

From death traps called roads, mechanic thatch houses with tarred roads called airports, container junkyards called seaports, lack of electricity, inadequate clean drinking water to sectarian insanity, Nigeria is epitome of negativity.

Those who still think Nigeria is worth any form of recommendation are people who have not being able to travel to kumba in Cameroon.

you may be right but the sun newspaper is far worse

in nigeria alone, it ia one of the worst newspaper in nigeria
Re: Thisday Editor, Simon Kolawole's Description Of Nairaland by onyengbu: 6:59pm On Mar 28, 2011

I dont understand  - All of the issues being discussed online stem from articles being read on Nigerian Newspaper hence i fail to see where issues are different to what is on ground.   If blogers are calling for blood i would say it is better and shows a more advanced set and i wish same online attitude could translate to what we have on ground rather than celebrate mediocracy.

It is very careless on your side to assume/claim that articles on nigerian newspapers are actually what is on ground.

Many newspaper reports are half truths  borne out of paid reports and badly conducted journalism.
Re: Thisday Editor, Simon Kolawole's Description Of Nairaland by medjai(m): 11:01pm On Mar 28, 2011
Spot on! Everything he talked about is present here:
Destructive criticisms - check
Ethnic jingoism and religious bigotry - check.
I hope we all learn from this.
Re: Thisday Editor, Simon Kolawole's Description Of Nairaland by oderemo(m): 11:48pm On Mar 28, 2011
Spot on! Everything he talked about is present here:
Destructive criticisms - check
Ethnic jingoism and religious bigotry - check.
I hope we all learn from this.
learn what, my good frd. information both doctored and otherwise belongs not only to those pretend jono any more,.
we are all here to speak our diff, minds not some stupi,d , dear editor, i wish to letters anymore.
Re: Thisday Editor, Simon Kolawole's Description Of Nairaland by redsun(m): 12:10am On Mar 29, 2011
This is just part of cover up for Nduka's CRB check when an accountable system is in place,smokesreen or just mere ignorance like so many suppose learned regular nigerians,who doesn't really understand d devastation and shame of gross irresponsibilities
Re: Thisday Editor, Simon Kolawole's Description Of Nairaland by playmode(m): 12:24am On Mar 29, 2011
Is this not the same Thisday that crashed in South Africa after 8 months of operation because of "Nigerian styled" management?

http://www.bizcommunity.com/Article/196/90/4987.html

The owner learnt that the way things are done in SA is not the Nigerian way.Is there any reputable newspaper in Nigeria?As far as i am concerned,the Nigerian News industry is 100% junk just like most industries in Nigeria.

The quack journalist wants us foreign based Nigerians to smile while are our relatives and friends are suffering in Nigeria.I guess he is another muppet on GEJ's payrole like most of the morons here trying to twist things.Wake up and smell the coffee. Nigeria is capital Poo and nothing will change if you do not accept the truth.It will remain the way it is a 4th world country.
Re: Thisday Editor, Simon Kolawole's Description Of Nairaland by rasputinn(m): 11:45am On Mar 29, 2011
9ijaMan:

I am certainly noticing that you are indeed very poor at abusing! Keep it up.
Just a prayer for you though! May God run your life the way GEJ and PDP have ran Nigeria in the last 12 years.
Abeg just say amen o!

What bunkum yarn are you trying to spin.I don't abuse people,I only repay those who attack me in their own coin;up to an extent
You must be an eediot to think you're in a position to ask me to say amen to your rant which obviously is the outcome of your instability of mind.My life is on course as contained in the plan and purpose of God,so you might wanna ask your father to say amen to your gibberish

My point remains,Buhari is a doofus as far as the basics of democratic governance are concerned.He is most underserving to be accorded any democratic privilege,in view of his despotic and anti-democratic antecedent.This "tall one,who belongs to the past and decaying lot and who is not part of the solution to Nigeria's problems"(that's how former pastor Tunde Bakare sees him,and correctly too) is a religious and ethnic bigot who must be stopped in his tracks on the 9th of April
Re: Thisday Editor, Simon Kolawole's Description Of Nairaland by rasputinn(m): 11:49am On Mar 29, 2011
playmode:

Is this not the same Thisday that crashed in South Africa after 8 months of operation because of "Nigerian styled" management?

http://www.bizcommunity.com/Article/196/90/4987.html

The owner learnt that the way things are done in SA is not the Nigerian way.

The matter had to do more with their labour policies and unfriendly atmosphere than what you alleged
Re: Thisday Editor, Simon Kolawole's Description Of Nairaland by oderemo(m): 12:00pm On Mar 29, 2011
The matter had to do more with their labour policies and unfriendly atmosphere than what you alleged

so when in rome they were acting like nigerians ehn?
Re: Thisday Editor, Simon Kolawole's Description Of Nairaland by Beaf: 12:36pm On Mar 29, 2011
9ijaMan:

Even on a thread like this that should cause pause for thought, we still have servings from the gutter. Na wa! How can an unbiased observer declare that some NLers are brutes. . . Only for those same people to pop up and not dissapoint? shocked shocked shocked
Shame on you.

Is anyone still disputing that Simon Kolawole doesn't know what he is talking about?
NL politics section is really sinking, it started during the Yar Adua saga and tends to be the same folk with the same backward interests.
Re: Thisday Editor, Simon Kolawole's Description Of Nairaland by Nobody: 3:46pm On Mar 29, 2011
The people who comment on this site are Nigerians and thats all that matters.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Puts A Big Crocodile In Pothole After Government Refused To Fix It [PHOTOS] / Yorubas Are Not Cowards / The Truth About The Abuja Kaduna Rail Way - GEJ Completed It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.