Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,045 members, 7,818,140 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:49 AM

I Quit My Marriage For My Boyfriend - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Quit My Marriage For My Boyfriend (2099 Views)

My Boyfriend Started Acting Strange...help! / What Age Is Best For Marriage For Ladies And Guys? Your Opinion... / What Do I Give My Boyfriend On His Birthday? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Quit My Marriage For My Boyfriend by aloyemeka1: 4:12am On Mar 28, 2011
[size=14pt]I quit my marriage for my boyfriend[/size]

Dear Agatha,

I got married six years ago to a man I never really liked from the beginning. I agreed to marry him because I was under intense pressure from my family members to marry. Being the only child of my parents, they wanted grandchildren.

http://naijanet.com/news/source/2011/mar/27/1000.html

I tried to explain to them that the man I truly loved wasn’t ready. Besides he was abroad trying to make things better for us. Initially, my parents agreed but on my 29th birthday, they gave me an ultimatum of three months to bring my own choice of a husband or they would force me to marry their best friend’s son who has never hidden his interest in me.

I didn’t know what to do. I tried in vain to get in touch with my man but he was unreachable. The friend whose contact I often use to get him too wasn’t going through.

For six months, I didn’t hear anything from him. I had no clue what was happening. Meanwhile, the pressures kept mounting so I was forced into agreeing to marry one of the men who wanted my hand in marriage.

I honestly tried to love him but I just couldn’t bring myself to. My love for my boyfriend was just too strong to let go. A year after my marriage, I got to know through a friend of mine the reason he stopped communicating with me. The hardship in that country made him marry a citizen of that country.

She made him change his phone number. She also destroyed his former sim card, threatening to report him to the authorities as a drug peddler if he does as much as call home. She gave me a number and when I called, it turned out to be him. He gave me specific time to call him. When I was able to talk to him, he told me he never stopped loving me and that he did what he did to make life comfortable for us.

I told him about my marriage and son. He told me not to worry that he would marry me when he comes back.

Perhaps this caused my carelessness and attitude to my husband. I became very rude to the point he had to report me to my parents. Still nothing changed. At a point I didn’t care if he got to know about my boyfriend. Whenever he called, I would take his calls irrespective of whether or not my husband was listening to my conversation.

When he could no longer tolerate the situation, he took some of his things and relocated to one of his flats.

I was glad but it was short lived when I discovered I was almost four months pregnant. He came back to be with me. I had twins and it was while I was nursing the twins my ex- boyfriend came back.

I left my 10 months old twins, their elder brother and husband to follow my boyfriend. I went with him to Ghana. He gave me the impression that he had come to take me back with him only for me to discover after staying with him for eight weeks that he didn’t have the intention of doing that. He left me in the hotel one night with the impression that he was going to see a business partner.

I didn’t know he was travelling back to his base that night until the next morning when the hotel staff brought a note he left for me at the reception. He begged me to forgive him that he had no intention of marrying me because he was happy with his wife and children. He told me to go back to my husband and family. In addition to my ticket back home, he gave me two thousand dollars to start a business of my choice.

I don’t know what to do anymore.

I discovered too late that I loved my husband and want my family back but I don’t know how to go about it or face my husband for that matter. My parents have washed their hands off even though they are the ones caring for my children.

Cyn.
Re: I Quit My Marriage For My Boyfriend by Nobody: 4:26am On Mar 28, 2011
Re: I Quit My Marriage For My Boyfriend by obowunmi(m): 5:50am On Mar 28, 2011
Na wa oo
Re: I Quit My Marriage For My Boyfriend by Nobody: 5:53am On Mar 28, 2011
What a story.
Re: I Quit My Marriage For My Boyfriend by adams4real(m): 6:26am On Mar 28, 2011
Na wa !o! , chai, all these our naija girls are just so foolish. They just come here to narate the stories and you begin T̶̲̥̅Ơ̴͡ wonder is this a home video or what? At the end of the day its their story. May god save the MEN from all these confused womwn of nowadays !o! . I don't know what you want again after three children in your husband's house. Thank God say the guy no use your head do money.
My advice for you is, for the sake of your children, go to your husband and beg him and also ask God for forgiveness. Your husband might just take you back without a real love anymore though, but its what you brought upon yourself.

Naija girls no get get sense at all!!!
Re: I Quit My Marriage For My Boyfriend by zoomman(m): 8:04am On Mar 28, 2011
U nd deliverance,nd i pray ur husband wil 4giv u.u r an heartless fool 4 abardonin ur home,ur childrn nd runnin after 2 fool.may God 4giv u.
Re: I Quit My Marriage For My Boyfriend by leuelliot(m): 8:28am On Mar 28, 2011
Do you, seriously belief this Story? It would make a nice movie though
Re: I Quit My Marriage For My Boyfriend by alagha: 10:41am On Mar 28, 2011
congrats.
Re: I Quit My Marriage For My Boyfriend by yfirstson(m): 10:50am On Mar 28, 2011
It's unfortunate that you followed only your heart and did not use your head at all.
Nonetheless I'll advise you seek God's forgiveness and truly repend of your sins, then go back to your family (husband and children) and beg for their forgiveness. You might be lucky your husband forgives you.
If he however refuses your plea; which he has the right to do as infidelity is involved, resort to God and ask him to take control of your life. He is the only one that can help you.
Re: I Quit My Marriage For My Boyfriend by Nobody: 11:56am On Mar 28, 2011
i dont think ppl should be hard on her. Nobody is perfect and there are things we may have or will do
that will cause ppl to turn their noses at us; I highly doubt we'd appreciate being judged so harshly.
I will say however, that it was a bit irresponsible for her to give in to pressure knowing that she was not
inlove with her husband to be as she said,

[size=18pt]"[/size]I got married six years ago to a man I never really liked from the beginning. I agreed to marry him because I was under intense pressure from my family members to marry. Being the only child of my parents, they wanted grandchildren.[size=18pt]"[/size]

and although I do pity and empathize with her, it still wasn't exactly right to leave her children although
I am sure had her lover showed enough interest she would have taken her children to live with them
eventually. Like I said this is tough and unfortunate because the last thing I want to even imagine is her
seeing her children as a burden being the product of a union she does not want to, the heart ache she must
have felt and then having to force herself to pretend to want to be with her husband because she was rejected.
It's a mess through and through but I hope she works it out.
Re: I Quit My Marriage For My Boyfriend by aminalib(f): 1:48am On Mar 29, 2011
that is such a story and wat shame for a man u left everything for. BUT HOW COULD YOU LEAVE YOUR OWN CHILDREN, ? a man means much more than your own flesh and blood? i hope you have learned your lesson, everything in life happens for a reason and sometimes we try to force what GOD has already settled for us./ You do not love your husband Now, you just have no other options, even your so called love would not marry a woman with kids, go beg him oooo
Re: I Quit My Marriage For My Boyfriend by Tosinville(m): 1:51am On Mar 29, 2011
Too long to read, i'll be right back later.
Re: I Quit My Marriage For My Boyfriend by adaphik(f): 6:17am On Mar 29, 2011
How can a human being be this unreasonable At this age n time. God is really trying to swallow all this bullshit.
Re: I Quit My Marriage For My Boyfriend by kaycrystal(m): 10:40am On Mar 29, 2011
love is really overrated. women shd learn to reason beyond mere feelings and emotions. what a pathetic way to treat ur husband and children!
Re: I Quit My Marriage For My Boyfriend by travellout(m): 12:01pm On Mar 29, 2011
This lady is very foolish. The man should not take her back.
Re: I Quit My Marriage For My Boyfriend by oisehumen(m): 12:17pm On Mar 29, 2011
The man should teach her a lesson b4 accepting her for the sake of the kids
Re: I Quit My Marriage For My Boyfriend by polokor60(m): 12:39pm On Mar 29, 2011
never make anybody ur priority when u re just an option.if the so called lover boy(that is married)had proceed with the taboo(the illicit affair) she would have abadoned her family without baiting her eyelids.now that the chips are down u ll have urself to blame.u can never eat ur cake and ve it.ladies be very careful with ur decisions because life is not a bed of roses. angry
Re: I Quit My Marriage For My Boyfriend by Odunnu: 12:47pm On Mar 29, 2011
Deep smelly shit
Re: I Quit My Marriage For My Boyfriend by SALady(f): 12:57pm On Mar 29, 2011
But why do people lie so much in the name of love. Listen to this women:"

"I discovered too late that I love my husband", I mean really lady, now am rolling my eyes.

Also, if someone is in love with you no matter what they will try by all means possible to contact you. She's the only person who's been making efforts to contact lover boy, and lover boy was getting all cosy with his new squeeze with no care in the world. really lady  undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: I Quit My Marriage For My Boyfriend by beeman80: 1:06pm On Mar 29, 2011
What were u thinking?
Re: I Quit My Marriage For My Boyfriend by 49cents(m): 4:47pm On Mar 29, 2011
Most Girls think they are smart but they are utter brainless. The major reason why guys send many girls these days its nothing more than booty. Small the bible speaks of the virtuous woman and asks who can find her
Re: I Quit My Marriage For My Boyfriend by dgeek: 5:05pm On Mar 29, 2011
LMAO, U are a selfish slowpoke u left ur kids for a guy! HAHAHA of course he dumped ur ass!
Re: I Quit My Marriage For My Boyfriend by emmatok(m): 6:31pm On Mar 29, 2011
I wish your Husband don't accept you back. Because you do not love him and your children.

How could you leave your family for your boyfriend even when you learnt he is married? silly.

You deserve what you are got live with it.
Re: I Quit My Marriage For My Boyfriend by desholah(m): 12:47am On Apr 01, 2011
OP.
Nawao
Re: I Quit My Marriage For My Boyfriend by jasman1: 1:08am On Apr 01, 2011
Unfortunately, that's really most women's behavior and it will never change. Same type of women who wouldn't mind looking for their ex because to them, their husbands should TRUST them. What a sad story, throwing the brains outside and letting the pu*ssy do the thinking for her. I personally don't think any man would knowingly take a so called wife that abandoned the family only to come back cause an ex had sampled and rejected. "I don't really love my husband", and then after she was rejected, I found out that I love my husband". How else can one spell evil.
Re: I Quit My Marriage For My Boyfriend by Nobody: 3:59am On Apr 01, 2011
@poster
All throughout your post you clearly said you never loved your husband BUT now that playboy left you like a common prostitute( he didn't even have the guts to face you) you suddenly LOVE your husband!?
You definitely FAILED as a wife, so I suggest you go and claim your kids back, they are the only ones who will/should accept you back.
Hubby should NEVER take an ungrateful wife like you back!
Re: I Quit My Marriage For My Boyfriend by drhappy(m): 6:16am On Apr 01, 2011
@Poster:If I were in your runaway bf's shoes,I would have done thesame to you.
How can I come back and marry a callous and irresponsible woman.
This is another lesson for ladies out there.Guys are watching your every move in a relationship and when you don't behave,you get the shocker and then complain of heartbreak
Re: I Quit My Marriage For My Boyfriend by Nobody: 6:27am On Apr 01, 2011
hey everyone, lest not forget it not the poster, it from a link. Thank you
Re: I Quit My Marriage For My Boyfriend by ziediolike(m): 10:49am On Apr 01, 2011
Hmmn!. undecided U 2uk a hasty decision in run'n bak to ur old boyfrnd. How are we sure dat u wld heed to our advice? Because u must have been warned b4 u went bak to d guy. Anyway just go bak 2 ur hubby lyk d prodigal WIFE and apologise to ur hubby.
Re: I Quit My Marriage For My Boyfriend by Nobody: 11:12am On Apr 01, 2011
aloy/emeka:

[size=14pt]I quit my marriage for my boyfriend[/size]

Dear Agatha,

I got married six years ago to a man I never really liked from the beginning. I agreed to marry him because I was under intense pressure from my family members to marry. Being the only child of my parents, they wanted grandchildren.

http://naijanet.com/news/source/2011/mar/27/1000.html

I tried to explain to them that the man I truly loved wasn’t ready. Besides he was abroad trying to make things better for us. Initially, my parents agreed but on my 29th birthday, they gave me an ultimatum of three months to bring my own choice of a husband or they would force me to marry their best friend’s son who has never hidden his interest in me.

I didn’t know what to do. I tried in vain to get in touch with my man but he was unreachable. The friend whose contact I often use to get him too wasn’t going through.

For six months, I didn’t hear anything from him. I had no clue what was happening. Meanwhile, the pressures kept mounting so I was forced into agreeing to marry one of the men who wanted my hand in marriage.

I honestly tried to love him but I just couldn’t bring myself to. My love for my boyfriend was just too strong to let go. A year after my marriage, I got to know through a friend of mine the reason he stopped communicating with me. The hardship in that country made him marry a citizen of that country.

She made him change his phone number. She also destroyed his former sim card, threatening to report him to the authorities as a drug peddler if he does as much as call home. She gave me a number and when I called, it turned out to be him. He gave me specific time to call him. When I was able to talk to him, he told me he never stopped loving me and that he did what he did to make life comfortable for us.

I told him about my marriage and son. He told me not to worry that he would marry me when he comes back.

Perhaps this caused my carelessness and attitude to my husband. I became very rude to the point he had to report me to my parents. Still nothing changed. At a point I didn’t care if he got to know about my boyfriend. Whenever he called, I would take his calls irrespective of whether or not my husband was listening to my conversation.

When he could no longer tolerate the situation, he took some of his things and relocated to one of his flats.

I was glad but it was short lived when I discovered I was almost four months pregnant. He came back to be with me. I had twins and it was while I was nursing the twins my ex- boyfriend came back.

I left my 10 months old twins, their elder brother and husband to follow my boyfriend. I went with him to Ghana. He gave me the impression that he had come to take me back with him only for me to discover after staying with him for eight weeks that he didn’t have the intention of doing that. He left me in the hotel one night with the impression that he was going to see a business partner.

I didn’t know he was travelling back to his base that night until the next morning when the hotel staff brought a note he left for me at the reception. He begged me to forgive him that he had no intention of marrying me because he was happy with his wife and children. He told me to go back to my husband and family. In addition to my ticket back home, he gave me two thousand dollars to start a business of my choice.

I don’t know what to do anymore.

I discovered too late that I loved my husband and want my family back but I don’t know how to go about it or face my husband for that matter. My parents have washed their hands off even though they are the ones caring for my children.

Cyn.

ROTFLMAO grin grin grin

People sef! undecided
Re: I Quit My Marriage For My Boyfriend by ziediolike(m): 11:16am On Apr 01, 2011
I find it hard 2 believe
Re: I Quit My Marriage For My Boyfriend by shadows1: 11:43am On Apr 01, 2011
[I got married six years ago to a man I never really liked from the beginning. I agreed to marry him because I was under intense pressure from my family members to marry]  not setting ur priorities rightly. u probably forgot that ur parents wont live with whomever u choose to marry whether there's love or not.

[She gave me a number and when I called, it turned out to be him.]  really u shldn't hv called him. cos u were awakening a probably forgone emotions.

[I told him about my marriage and son. He told me not to worry that he would marry me when he comes back]   it's almost impossible to see a man willing to ruin another man's home, needless to say u hv kids. u shld hv known better than to expect him to be committed to u.

[I left my 10 months old twins, their elder brother and husband to follow my boyfriend] haba sis', u r HEARTLESS!

[I discovered too late that I loved my husband]  i sincerely dnt buy that at all, that's just a cheap way of trying to win ur husband's heart back.

In as much as i feel ur trauma (as in marrying whom u dnt hv any form of attraction for n loving him seems impossible), i feel u hv been very careless in ur decisions. In my opinion, even if living together has been sour n seems irrepairable, u could hv resolved to other measures that both parties will understand. Ur ex shld really neva hv been an option to consider irrespective of hw much u lov him! it'll neva wrk out.

(1) (Reply)

Would You Date A Girl Your Best Friend Has Dated Before? / Does 'love' Really Exist? If Yes, What Is Love? / Stalker Of De Opposite Se-x Likes 2 Pick Fight With You - Attraction In Disguise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.