Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,746 members, 7,817,059 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:05 AM

I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over (41189 Views)

What My Wife Did Yesterday That Made Me Realize She's Special / Where Do They Report Sexual Abuse Or Molestation? I Am Angry / Rock Python In My WC! Can You Imagine What My Wife Did To Me? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by authority2006(m): 9:50pm On Dec 24, 2020
[s]
RedPanthar:
Continue deceiving yourself. You can deceive gullible people but not me.You're the breed of men that are so overly possessive you don't want your wife to be around anyone of influence especially her family besides you.
YOU COVERTLY HATE YOUR WIVE'S FAMILY AND SADLY YOU'RE NOT DISCREET ENOUGH TO HIDE THE DUSGUST. YOU CAN'T STAND THEM TO TOLERATE THEM LET ALONE TO EMBRACE THEM AS YOUR OWN.

I PRAY YOU KNOW THE FUTURE AND CAN SEE IF YOUR KIDS WILL NEVER NEED THEIR HELP FOREVER THAT WAY I CAN ASSURE YOU TO CONTINUE WITH YOUR ANTICS. UNTIL THEN, TRED SOFTLY.

There are a specie of men that hate it when a woman's family or friends is around her. And use all sorts of antics to act victimised.

Only God will deliver you from you and teach you different ways of doing things. Your children would grow up too and become adults, should brothers not visit sisters and vice versa. When it's time to shine with opportunity some men act coy.
7k will enough rice and small meat to entertain your guests for the short duration they will be around.
Be Christ-like, Christ-mas is about sharing not only about eating rice.
Stop deceiving people in the time being. You know it's hatred you have for her being around her family and not about money
Should anything happen to you tomorrow, those are the ones that would stand for her, your kids and even you. And it's how you draw them close with what you have now that will make them endear to you should the chips fall down on your end however plenty your tiny peanuts maybe as of the moment.
You will know them ladies. They are the kinds that assume thier wives fell from heaven. Once they get married to them they don't want their wives to be around anybody, friends or family.
There's also female versions. These women marry them give them the entire world. They will never be with you or love you atall and will only stick around cause of favors they get in the marriage. They won't give happiness and after a few years leave you down the line.
It's a personality-complex. Open your eyes to find these kinds out to do the needful.
[/s]

Calling you a clown is an understatement

2 Likes

Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by kay29000(m): 9:51pm On Dec 24, 2020
T817:
I returned home from my shop only to find my wife 4 siblings in my house I wasn’t happy because she didn’t informed me they were coming over and in this economy when the country is hard why would they come all four of them at the same time.

My mother in law came for omugwo she stayed for 5 weeks, she left 3 weeks ago I had given my wife 30k the money I borrowed from a good friend of mine to get her some few things to take home, then 3 weeks after, her 4 siblings are here too, they are 6. The last born who is 10 have been staying with us for 2 years now. I take care of her, my wife doesn’t work and I am only managing I don’t know why her people want to
drain me.

Can you imagine as soon as I entered the house, her sisters were asking me about their Christmas gifts, "brother where is our gift?" As if I am their ATM. I just ignored them because I was already angry seeing them in my house without my permission but keeping calm was the best thing to do.

What shocked me was the fact her brother was comfortably sleeping in my bed next to my 2 months old baby. My wife didn’t see it as anything bad she said he is her brother and wouldn’t harm his own niece but my point was not about him doing something wrong with her but the fact that he doesn’t have any respect for my bed that what really got me angry which led to my wife and I to quarrell not in their presence but in our room but since it’s only parlour and room self con I believe they must have heard everything but I don’t care.

My Wife thinks I am overreacting and I don’t like her siblings and she said she will tell her parents everything I said to her in anger which I didn’t meant to but nobody in my position will be happy if he happened to be in my shoe. How do I handle this problem with my wife without causing any further problems between us and her parents because I don’t have money to feed 4 more mouths for 2 weeks because they are not leaving any time soon not until the 3rd or 4th of January and before her siblings came she complained about her Christmas clothes and hair. I told her I will only do Christmas for the kids because I don’t have money she frowned her face and started giving me attitudes and on top of that she has invited her 4 siblings when I don’t have a kobo to feed all of them.

Even the food we have in the house won’t even last until January because I bought enough for 5 people but now with 9 of us it won’t last and her siblings are expecting me to do Christmas for them too , I don’t blame them because they are small children 20,18,15,12 who thinks that I have a skeleton in my cupboard where I get free money lol.

What should I do right now ? I am not happy Your advice is needed please

lol! You made my day. I know this is not funny, but I can relate with what you're going through, and it just made me laugh. It can be a very hard situation to handle. Just try and take a stroll, and think of the best way to handle it. You alone can come up with that, cos your situation, although common, is unique to you...cos you know your wife best, and you know how you can make her understand you don't like what she did.

1 Like

Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by Rowlandjude(m): 9:51pm On Dec 24, 2020
RedPanthar:
Continue deceiving yourself. You can deceive gullible people but not me.

You're the breed of men that are so overly possessive you don't want your wife to be around anyone of influence especially her family besides you.

YOU COVERTLY HATE YOUR WIVE'S FAMILY AND SADLY YOU'RE NOT DISCREET ENOUGH TO HIDE THE DUSGUST. YOU CAN'T STAND THEM TO TOLERATE THEM LET ALONE TO EMBRACE THEM AS YOUR OWN.

I PRAY YOU KNOW THE FUTURE AND CAN SEE IF YOUR KIDS WILL NEVER NEED THEIR HELP FOREVER THAT WAY I CAN ASSURE YOU TO CONTINUE WITH YOUR ANTICS. UNTIL THEN, TRED SOFTLY.

There are a specie of men that hate it when a woman's family or friends is around her. And use all sorts of antics to act victimised.

Only God will deliver you from you and teach you different ways of doing things. Your children would grow up too and become adults, should brothers not visit sisters and vice versa. When it's time to shine with opportunity some men act coy.

7k will enough rice and small meat to entertain your guests for the short duration they will be around.

Stop deceiving people in the time being. You know it's hatred you have for her being around her family and not about money

Should anything happen to you tomorrow, those are the ones that would stand for her, your kids and even you. And it's how you draw them close with what you have now that will make them endear to you should the chips fall down on your end however plenty your tiny peanuts maybe as of the moment.

You will know them ladies. They are the kinds that assume thier wives fell from heaven. Once they get married to them they don't want their wives to be around anybody, friends or family.

There's also female versions. These women marry them give them the entire world. They will never be with you or love you atall and will only stick around cause of favors they get in the marriage. They won't give happiness and after a few years leave you down the line.

It's a personality-complex. Open your eyes to find these kinds out to do the needful.

Your Mad.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by vickydevoka(m): 9:54pm On Dec 24, 2020
Marrying n Igbo lady Is lyk marrying a big wahala. If u be Igbo n u no get money no when think of marrying an Igbo lady o
Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by authority2006(m): 9:55pm On Dec 24, 2020
Skyfornia:

Your wife is very insensitive...if I were you, I'll just drop small money that will be enough for her and my kids, then travel/leave the house without telling her...won't come back until her siblings leave.

This is what I just advised on page 9. The best solution.

1 Like

Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by Emekaossai(m): 9:55pm On Dec 24, 2020
Klass99:

My sister ehn the thing weak me. As I read through the original post I kept saying no, no, no, no nah!

All the while wondering how on earth are some women this foolish? You see that my friend Alex, his wife is the last born of her family but you won't believe the kind of pressure her older siblings regularly put on her, for help with funds and she doesn't work either.

It got to a point where she once took the money Alex gave her for their children's school fees and sent it to one of her elder sisters. Alex was mad, that their marriage didn't break that time ehn, e no go ever break again, considering how livid Alex was.

Of course the sister never returned the money, Alex had to hustle new funds to pay the fees. Some of these married women dey shame person (as a fellow woman) with the kind of things they do I swear.

A common denominator with the ones who behave like OP and Alex's wife is this;

1. They don't work and most likely have never worked to earn a living by themselves and for themselves.

2. They moved straight from daddy's house to hubby's house where others have always picked up the tab for them.

3. They claim to have or run a business which is bleeding money and largely unsuccessful in yielding returns.

4. They're not good with managing resources well either because at the back of their minds they believe hubby, can, should and will always provide....

So, they don't understand the value of making, spending and saving money or the importance of planning and budgeting for things, prioritizing essential needs over non-essential wants.

And they are usually the ones who want to breed children anyhow, because the idleness and lack of work related activities in their lives, doesn't help at all.

Wow! You are just lovely and filled with wisdom.
Honestly your breed are rare. I pray to have such woman as my life partner but it's so hard to find.

1 Like

Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by kay29000(m): 10:01pm On Dec 24, 2020
Skyfornia:

Your wife is very insensitive...if I were you, I'll just drop small money that will be enough for her and my kids, then travel/leave the house without telling her...won't come back until her siblings leave.

lol

1 Like

Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by mrdino(m): 10:05pm On Dec 24, 2020
RedPanthar:

You're the breed of men that are so overly possessive you don't want your wife to be around anyone of influence especially her family besides you.

Dear OP, your wife has just spoken.

3 Likes

Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by Lovinghauwa: 10:05pm On Dec 24, 2020
cheesy cheesy cheesy
2cribz:
After paying nepa 15k,they refused to connect back my wires,my gen gulpd 3k dis morning,now another electrician said to connect is 5k,i borrow ladder 1500. Im fed up pls . Fuc k dis shit man. God punish nepa. May their staffs die tonite. Amen. My xmas is messed up
Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by Nobody: 10:07pm On Dec 24, 2020
You have every right to be upset. She was so supposed to inform you that her siblings are coming even my wealthy uncle if his wife relations are coming she always let him know about it is a sign of respect, ladies of these days know nothing. She isn't working, so she thinks money is easy to get no wonder they said when you carry your own water you will know the importance of every drop, I don't really buy the idea of a housewife let her work.

For crying out loud they live in a self-contain apt, how can 9 people survive in that small house. Recently, guys are making sure their wife isn't the first child with lots of younger siblings because it comes with so much responsibility especially if the family isn't well to do.

3 Likes

Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by Neddyogu(m): 10:09pm On Dec 24, 2020
DukeJoe17:
T817 listen to this very carefully,
Don't ever in your life again express your dissatisfaction towards a woman with words because it will makes you a weak and a nagging husband especially if talking things out had failed in subsequent approach.
Just be yourself guy,
Don't increase your budget beyond what you had planned to spend during this Yuletide,
Allow your wife to feel the scourge of her insensitivity,
Leave the house and go to your work so that you won't see the anguish on their faces.
Since she is trying to make you uncomfortable kindly turn the table against her without any harsh argument,
Action speaks loud.
Your happiness should be Paramount because life is to short to waste and not even your wife should treat your life carelessly.

Correct Gee

1 Like

Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by grandstar(m): 10:10pm On Dec 24, 2020
T817

Be truthful and firm.
Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by Goldie16(f): 10:11pm On Dec 24, 2020
Let her dust her TV and go and work. That way, she will learn the value of money. I hate nonsense

1 Like

Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by DedeNkem: 10:14pm On Dec 24, 2020
Some people here attacking the guy are either too young and naive or too dumb!

He doesn't hate his in-laws, you dimwits! A supportive wife would have informed her husband about her visiting siblings before they visit, especially, when she isn't contributing financially!!

My family comes first before our extended families That's how it supposed to be. No sane husband would waste money when he has small limited fund to take care of his family!

On the other hand, the guy can't say he didn't see signs that showed the family he was marrying into was too materialistic!

3 Likes

Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by bahaushe1: 10:17pm On Dec 24, 2020
Talk to the father. It worked for me.

1 Like

Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by DukeJoe17: 10:19pm On Dec 24, 2020
Neddyogu:

Correct Gee
See you Bru.
Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by Nobody: 10:21pm On Dec 24, 2020
This kind of wife sha. Even the fact that they stay in one bedroom apartment should make her know that 4 people cannot come at ones.

I'm just imagining 9 people inside a one bedroom flat. The place will be congested na. With the heat in the country. This is serious.

To be honest, if I'm the one I'll run away from the house. I'll run until everybody has gone. Then I'll tell the woman that it is her punishment for not telling him before allowing them to come.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by Neddyogu(m): 10:22pm On Dec 24, 2020
So five children of the same parents gladly packed themselves in the home of a struggling couple with a baby? And with the knowledge and consent of their parents? What a family of gutless leeches.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by joelag: 10:31pm On Dec 24, 2020
Sometimes in search for a submissive wife, men blindly end up with 'less operative' women that will lead to taking the entire responsibilities of their in-laws families.

1 Like

Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by Indiaburger187(m): 10:32pm On Dec 24, 2020
RedPanthar:

That's how you people die before women. Mental and psychological stress. Why won't men die before women. You carry everything to the heart. While the women leave it to God.

I repeat it's not about finances. There are men that hate thier wives around their family or friends or anyone not him and his blood and that's the situationship. I maintain my stance.
Just shut your stinking mouth for once

2 Likes

Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by odudueffiom(m): 10:35pm On Dec 24, 2020
RedPanthar:

It's not the scenario of take care of our struggling family. It's just Christmas. Nothing more, nothing less. And it won't cost a fortune in the Spirit of the season to act as a father when opportunity calls. It's not give us your family. It's just Love. Nothing more.

for this economy ba....u gat put somethings into consideration, do you know what the ops does for a living??
Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by Nobody: 10:36pm On Dec 24, 2020
RedPanthar:

was wondering why a foolish thing like you would be giving someone an advice

3 Likes

Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by emonis88: 10:37pm On Dec 24, 2020
guy u go do like mad man o! or them go wreck u n u no go see money take care of ur new baby. ur wife is a house wife , u dey there dey look? guy craze for them make wife know say u no be ode o! women n their insensitive move always annoys me. she is doing it also to punish u, cus how can u tell her dat their is no money for her hair n she is bringing her siblings?
Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by boyjo: 10:42pm On Dec 24, 2020
ParkleElegant:

Come to think of it you have a point, have seen such guys, but such attitude is bad, putting up a rich front but u re broke as nothing,it makes them complain and wail in silence and angry at any slightest issue,that worst, if that is the case of this guy I think u need to ask urself y did he put up such front? My answer would be probably if he can't meet his wife every needs there would be a serious problem in the house, and that what he is trying to avoid, just imagine an issue and she is running to go tell her parent what her husband said in anger can u believe it... so he rather takes his problem outside than discuss it with his wife who can fathom things, some people re difficult to confide in, ND he can't confide in his wife but had to pretend all is well ....My other opinion to your suggestion is that I think she knows ha husband borrowed d money but she is self centered, my reasons is that she asked her husband for a Christmas gift and he told ha that he has for only the kid and she became Angry... It's just all about her
@emboldened you just sabi the thing wella.
Your second opinion is also a possibility.
Na only GOD, op and im wife go fit shed more light.
Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by EagleNest(m): 10:47pm On Dec 24, 2020
atilla:
Brotherly. Try and see your wife's brothers and sisters as your own. I know u def will treat your own harsher e.g if you come home and meet your brothers and sisters at your house without telling you, you probably would send them back home or wake your sleeping brother with a knock.
But don't say anything when the food finishes then let everyone go hungry and they will know not to come next year. Just as long as your baby is okay let everyone else enjoy the decision they took without you.
What do you do for a living. Maybe you can take the 20 year old with you for a day in your office so they understand that you work for your money and its not easy. Just try and be gentle cause your wife will understand later but for now she won't understand and will get emotional about it. Another thing talk to the dad yourself he should understand

What a load of crap! So the man should die because he married a wife, and the whole family will visit him uninvited and expect him to bear the burden. No, it doesn't work like that.

3 Likes

Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by merits(m): 10:50pm On Dec 24, 2020
T817:
I returned home from my shop only to find my wife 4 siblings in my house I wasn’t happy because she didn’t informed me they were coming over and in this economy when the country is hard why would they come all four of them at the same time.

My mother in law came for omugwo she stayed for 5 weeks, she left 3 weeks ago I had given my wife 30k the money I borrowed from a good friend of mine to get her some few things to take home, then 3 weeks after, her 4 siblings are here too, they are 6. The last born who is 10 have been staying with us for 2 years now. I take care of her, my wife doesn’t work and I am only managing I don’t know why her people want to
drain me.

Can you imagine as soon as I entered the house, her sisters were asking me about their Christmas gifts, "brother where is our gift?" As if I am their ATM. I just ignored them because I was already angry seeing them in my house without my permission but keeping calm was the best thing to do.

What shocked me was the fact her brother was comfortably sleeping in my bed next to my 2 months old baby. My wife didn’t see it as anything bad she said he is her brother and wouldn’t harm his own niece but my point was not about him doing something wrong with her but the fact that he doesn’t have any respect for my bed that what really got me angry which led to my wife and I to quarrell not in their presence but in our room but since it’s only parlour and room self con I believe they must have heard everything but I don’t care.

My Wife thinks I am overreacting and I don’t like her siblings and she said she will tell her parents everything I said to her in anger which I didn’t meant to but nobody in my position will be happy if he happened to be in my shoe. How do I handle this problem with my wife without causing any further problems between us and her parents because I don’t have money to feed 4 more mouths for 2 weeks because they are not leaving any time soon not until the 3rd or 4th of January and before her siblings came she complained about her Christmas clothes and hair. I told her I will only do Christmas for the kids because I don’t have money she frowned her face and started giving me attitudes and on top of that she has invited her 4 siblings when I don’t have a kobo to feed all of them.

Even the food we have in the house won’t even last until January because I bought enough for 5 people but now with 9 of us it won’t last and her siblings are expecting me to do Christmas for them too , I don’t blame them because they are small children 20,18,15,12 who thinks that I have a skeleton in my cupboard where I get free money lol.

Kill her na must you carry everything come to nairaland to judge for you.mumu man.

1 Like

Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by EagleNest(m): 10:53pm On Dec 24, 2020
RedPanthar:

It's not the scenario of take care of our struggling family. It's just Christmas. Nothing more, nothing less. And it won't cost a fortune in the Spirit of the season to act as a father when opportunity calls. It's not give us your family. It's just Love. Nothing more.

You are so immature or may be you're joking. Otherwise you should stop this bare ignorance. You know nothing about marriage.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by bummyla(m): 10:54pm On Dec 24, 2020
Your wife must be from Akwa Ibom? That's the story of my life! And I still collect insults on top! Na God go help us Husbands!!!!

T817:

drain me.

Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by Nobody: 11:46pm On Dec 24, 2020
T817:

You have met a family that has no respect or boundary. You need to make it obvious in a gentle way that you are not comfortable with such.

Even if they’re poor, I’m sure they were coping without you. They need to reset that status.

How can they even be comfortable in such a house.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by Tozara(m): 11:50pm On Dec 24, 2020
ModestGal:

That's good for you, shebi you said you like your wife to be full house wife ni, just because of your useless ego. Your wife doesn't even know how you earn, your monthly income because you think husband should not inform their wives, now she thinks you are a millionaire.
Sorry, I don't have any good thing to say to you, you are the architect of your problem
Are you semi-literate or mentally retärded? He said his wife doesn’t work. Where did your foolish self read that he’s the one responsible for that? Unemployment is not a thing? What kind of idiot is this one?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

10 Things Married Ladies In Akwaibom Talk About When They Meet / Pastor Marries Corpse Of Church Member He Impregnated In Akwa Ibom / What Is The One Thing You Regret Not Asking Your Spouse Before Marriage?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.