Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,709 members, 7,816,912 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:06 PM

I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over (41178 Views)

What My Wife Did Yesterday That Made Me Realize She's Special / Where Do They Report Sexual Abuse Or Molestation? I Am Angry / Rock Python In My WC! Can You Imagine What My Wife Did To Me? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by TheGift: 6:43pm On Dec 24, 2020
Afamed:

Have you also considered the OP financial situation?

Please help us ask Him, ooo.. Because one would think He sent the OP money to do all the things He is saying he should do.

3 Likes

Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by omotoyossi(m): 6:44pm On Dec 24, 2020
I blame u for marrying a stupid woman.

1 Like

Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by bizhop01: 6:44pm On Dec 24, 2020
Do you forget when the same woman brought her three hungry friends during your date?

I think you were drunk in love grin

1 Like

Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by TheGift: 6:46pm On Dec 24, 2020
boyjo:

The wife may not be insensitive.
The op didn't tell her things are hard.
He didn't tell her he borrowed the money.
They don't talk openly so the wife feels there is more from where that 30k came from.

You conveniently missed the part where He told His wife, he only had money to buy Christmas stuff for the kids, abi?

1 Like

Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by Floreate: 6:47pm On Dec 24, 2020
Bro, i think you are not yet financially stable (which is not a crime)

I also think your wife lacks abit of wisdom for daily living (which may or may nor be her fault)

Your inlaws don't seem to be financially stable too.

Now, this marriage is between u and ur wife.

Make out time and talk with her, explore the situation, actions, inactions and their implications.

Be the man, let her be the woman.

For in the beginning, God made them man and woman.

Finally, your bedroom should be respected.

God's Grace

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by Georgejeez: 6:48pm On Dec 24, 2020
thatigboman:
if it were me, i will ask all of them to leave my house immediately. If my wife wants to join them, so be it.

Hahahaha hahahaha,, I don laff scatter body comot from chair

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by winningp: 6:49pm On Dec 24, 2020
T817:
I returned home from my shop only to find my wife 4 siblings in my house I wasn’t happy because she didn’t informed me they were coming over and in this economy when the country is hard why would they come all four of them at the same time.

My mother in law came for omugwo she stayed for 5 weeks, she left 3 weeks ago I had given my wife 30k the money I borrowed from a good friend of mine to get her some few things to take home, then 3 weeks after, her 4 siblings are here too, they are 6. The last born who is 10 have been staying with us for 2 years now. I take care of her, my wife doesn’t work and I am only managing I don’t know why her people want to
drain me.

Can you imagine as soon as I entered the house, her sisters were asking me about their Christmas gifts, "brother where is our gift?" As if I am their ATM. I just ignored them because I was already angry seeing them in my house without my permission but keeping calm was the best thing to do.

What shocked me was the fact her brother was comfortably sleeping in my bed next to my 2 months old baby. My wife didn’t see it as anything bad she said he is her brother and wouldn’t harm his own niece but my point was not about him doing something wrong with her but the fact that he doesn’t have any respect for my bed that what really got me angry which led to my wife and I to quarrell not in their presence but in our room but since it’s only parlour and room self con I believe they must have heard everything but I don’t care.

My Wife thinks I am overreacting and I don’t like her siblings and she said she will tell her parents everything I said to her in anger which I didn’t meant to but nobody in my position will be happy if he happened to be in my shoe. How do I handle this problem with my wife without causing any further problems between us and her parents because I don’t have money to feed 4 more mouths for 2 weeks because they are not leaving any time soon not until the 3rd or 4th of January and before her siblings came she complained about her Christmas clothes and hair. I told her I will only do Christmas for the kids because I don’t have money she frowned her face and started giving me attitudes and on top of that she has invited her 4 siblings when I don’t have a kobo to feed all of them.

Even the food we have in the house won’t even last until January because I bought enough for 5 people but now with 9 of us it won’t last and her siblings are expecting me to do Christmas for them too , I don’t blame them because they are small children 20,18,15,12 who thinks that I have a skeleton in my cupboard where I get free money lol.

What should I do right now ? I am not happy Your advice is needed please

Oga, my take is simple
1. The signs were obvious before u went into marriage, perhaps love ran u over
2. Your wife doesn't respect & regard u as d man of d house else u would have been informed
3. Your body language encourages ur wife to do commit such offense
4. Subjecting urself to undue pressure in d name of pleasing ur in laws is unnecessary, unwise and avoidable. Part of d reason there are more widows that widowers
5. Country hard every where o. Everybody is looking for where to lean o. E be like say u have broad shoulders
Las Las, life na choice. Best wishes sir

3 Likes

Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by TheGift: 6:49pm On Dec 24, 2020
RedPanthar:

Shut up

I've trained atleast 7. Just shut it and get lost

I am worried for the future of those 7 people, if YOU are truly the one that trained them!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by Wellington123: 6:51pm On Dec 24, 2020
If na me ehn ah swear ah go run leave all of una for the house switch my phone off o lol
Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by TheGift: 6:54pm On Dec 24, 2020
RedPanthar:

That's how you people die before women. Mental and psychological stress. Why won't men die before women. You carry everything to the heart. While the women leave it to God.

I repeat it's not about finances. There are men that hate thier wives around their family or friends or anyone not him and his blood and that's the situationship. I maintain my stance.

First you say 7k should be enough, now you say it's not about finances. Oga/Madam what exactly is your stance, beyond your one sided take on the issue?

Like many have said, I think you have a comprehension (or communication) problem. And you are also very unwilling to take correction.

1 Like

Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by boyjo: 6:55pm On Dec 24, 2020
TheGift:

You conveniently missed the part where He told His wife, he only had money to buy Christmas stuff for the kids, abi?

E be like say you no sabi women.

"I have money only for the kids" no mean "na my last card be this", for woman ear o.
I dey tell you say, this woman fit no know say that prized 30k na borrow im husband borrow am.

They need to work on their communication.
They need to be open.

1 Like

Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by ednut1(m): 6:56pm On Dec 24, 2020
Gerrard59:

Na why I dey fear ladies wey get plenty siblings esp if she is the first child or daughter. More than two siblings, I am not interested.
angry let love lead
Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by Nato008(m): 6:57pm On Dec 24, 2020
Klass99:

Bros, I don't think you have an understanding father in law or understanding in-laws at all.

Is he not aware that you live in a parlour and one room self contain? Did he not know (before) all the things he said during his phone call about how much you've spent? Why did he still agree for one of the siblings to go and stay with you guys for 5 days knowing all these?

If your father in law is as understanding as you claim, he should have asked that his whole brood return to his house at once, he shouldn't have asked you to keep them till Monday.

This people know what they are doing abeg, I am sure your father in law heard of the quarrel between you and your wife and your displeasure, so he called with this sob story to subtly manipulate you into doing what they wanted all along.

You ma reason am now, how can four of your young kids be absent in your house and you will claim, you had no knowledge of their whereabouts or plans.

I honestly feel sorry for you, you have married from a family that is not thoughtful or considerate at all. Na poverty alleviation scheme you dey so.
bro I think u missed the part he said the in law said it was supposed to be only one person coming over....not the whole four, that he was livid when he found out..
Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by TheGift: 6:57pm On Dec 24, 2020
boyjo:

"I have money only for the kids" no mean "na my last card be this", for woman ear o.
I dey tell you sy this woman fit no know say that prized 30k na borrow.

They need to be open.

It is possible they need to work on their communication. When I tell my Wife A, A is what it means, I try not to allow room for miscommunication. Thank God we both understand English and that, it is what it is.

1 Like

Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by Prinnce1: 6:58pm On Dec 24, 2020
Midas01:
What is the problem with you NL men on this forum? A woman makes a mistake and you're blaming women for this. Let me just stop here.
you calling this a mistake, a well planned agenda Will you say the same if he was the one that did it ? Won't you feel shy and threatened

1 Like

Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by Grand194: 6:58pm On Dec 24, 2020
Nicklaus619:

You are still a child, quote me when u have grown, and this time, with sense.
adios cool

It's a woman behind that moniker, carefully observe her responses.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by Bravedims: 6:58pm On Dec 24, 2020
[quote author=RedPanthar post=97374193]Continue deceiving yourself. You can deceive gullible people but not me.

You're the breed of men that are so overly possessive you don't want your wife to be around anyone of influence especially her family besides you.

YOU COVERTLY HATE YOUR WIVE'S FAMILY AND SADLY YOU'RE NOT DISCREET ENOUGH TO HIDE THE DUSGUST. YOU CAN'T STAND THEM TO TOLERATE THEM LET ALONE TO EMBRACE THEM AS YOUR OWN.

I PRAY YOU KNOW THE FUTURE AND CAN SEE IF YOUR KIDS WILL NEVER NEED THEIR HELP FOREVER THAT WAY I CAN ASSURE YOU TO CONTINUE WITH YOUR ANTICS. UNTIL THEN, TRED SOFTLY.

There are a specie of men that hate it when a woman's family or friends is around her. And use all sorts of antics to act victimised.

Only God will deliver you from you and teach you different ways of doing things. Your children would grow up too and become adults, should brothers not visit sisters and vice versa. When it's time to shine with opportunity some men act coy.

7k will enough rice and small meat to entertain your guests for the short duration they will be around.

Be Christ-like, Christ-mas is about sharing not only about eating rice.

Stop deceiving people in the time being. You know it's hatred you have for her being around her family and not about money

Should anything happen to you tomorrow, those are the ones that would stand for her, your kids and even you. And it's how you draw them close with what you have now that will make them endear to you should the chips fall down on your end however plenty your tiny peanuts maybe as of the moment.

You will know them ladies. They are the kinds that assume thier wives fell from heaven. Once they get married to them they don't want their wives to be around anybody, friends or family.

There's also female versions. These women marry them give them the entire world. They will never be with you or love you atall and will only stick around cause of favors they get in the marriage. They won't give happiness and after a few years leave you down the line.

It's a personality-complex. Open your eyes to find these kinds out to do the needful.

You are totally not far from stupidity..

1 Like

Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by ParkleElegant: 7:04pm On Dec 24, 2020
boyjo:

I dey tell you say, this woman fit no know say that prized 30k na borrow im husband borrow am.

They need to be open.

She isn't a baby to be told that things are hard around to house.... It not everything that need to be told some are done through observations,To me I think she is just selfish,self centered lady if she can't know what are husband his facing.... Nah only pikin u go try explain everything too but she is grown up except if she is immature in her thinking and way of doing things

1 Like

Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by sorepco(m): 7:04pm On Dec 24, 2020
Your wife no try at all. She want show her family kindness n take away joy from her immediate family. Some families sef no get one shame at all!
Na dis kind woman de flirt outside for financial gain oh!

Be careful how u handle this. No go kill urself wey u no get. Anything dem c make Dem chop. But try ur best for ur kids...as for her siblings I for say no use food as a weapon to punish some 1. But as u no get no kill urself.

As for ur wife brother that was disrespectful u for warn am di 1st day....
Her mother tho! She for tell dem make Dem all not come at once na...say una de manage
T817:
I returned home from my shop only to find my wife 4
What should I do right now ? I am not happy Your advice is needed please
Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by hstar: 7:06pm On Dec 24, 2020
Skyfornia:

Your wife is very insensitive...if I were you, I'll just drop small money that will be enough for her and my kids, then travel/leave the house without telling her...won't come back until her siblings leave.
Best advice
If I'm the one in his shoe
I'll give her enough money that will be sufficient for her and my children, then leave the house unknowingly to her

I would be back in January

Nobody go borrow her sense

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by Raalsalghul: 7:07pm On Dec 24, 2020
ebby9z:
There are two girls I've dated and parted ways with because I noticed that I'd die young if I married them.

First one was a first born and they are poor and from her gist, they are already waiting for her to marry me so that I can take care of her siblings.

I ran.

Second one was last born and the only girl, most of her elder brothers aren't working and she flippantly mentioned one day that her dad was like it's her husband that will finish their house.

I ran.

My current babe is comfortable. She works, her parents also work and are not entitled and she helps my dream.

I'm also from a poor family and we don't disturb anyone. I'm trying very hard to escape poverty and I'm on the right path. I don't want anybody to make my journey longer.

Men take too much stress on themselves just to be seen as 'responsible' and then work hard like donkey while looking like a pauper in their tattered clothes just to please everyone and then drop dead before their wives.

Could never be me. I'd rather live and die single and live a life of enjoyment and fulfilment.

1 Like

Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by Georgejeez: 7:08pm On Dec 24, 2020
More reason I am trying my best to navigate my relationship as a true African Man with my head not my heart in the name of love .

Imagine my situation right now , currently doing my final year project ,babe said she wanted a new dress for Sunday Thanksgiving , I squeezed 5k from the money I'm gonna type project with for her to buy , two days later she wants to make a new hair for Christmas ,17k even when she knows I'm expending my savings on my project and my supervisor is on my neck.

I asked her ,how I'm gonna fund hair of 17k (student when just graduate) she said " heen ,u go de pay small small , at least every two two days you go de give the seller 5k " . .
Thank God I have been following Nairaland stories for more than 5 years now , and I have successfully taken the almighty RED PILL , like this I don block her line , I go unblock am next year Jan 6th since she no want mek I progress .
A lesson to my co bachelors, never marry a broke woman from a broke family , neverrrr . A married man once told me " don't marry from a family which cannot raise 50k to assist you in times of financial peril" .

Back to the matter , OP don't send them away , just buy your last born baby food ,garri ,groundnut and sugar put for house make the elderly ones soak till January ,then carry your bag , travel leave the house for them ,by the time dem soak enough G4 ,them go avoid your house like plague .
Then next year , hold meeting with your father in law , mek him know that if such repeats itself ,he should arrange a room in his house to receive his daughter , period .
#Men mumu don do ,wetin sef?

4 Likes

Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by ParkleElegant: 7:08pm On Dec 24, 2020
TheGift:

First you say 7k should be enough, now you say it's not about finances. Oga/Madam what exactly is your stance, beyond your one sided take on the issue?

Like many have said, I think you have a comprehension (or communication) problem. And you are also very unwilling to take correction.

My dear you have d strength to try and talk sense into that big old fool blockhead.... It only a fool that thinks he is wise and clever and so other intake are inconsequential... That the position of that goat... As big as he is he can't understand a simple thing

3 Likes

Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by chaloskyx: 7:13pm On Dec 24, 2020
IF THINGS ARE TIGHT FINANCIALLY FOR YOU JUST MAN UP AND SEND THEM BACK SIMPLE
Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by Humanoid01(m): 7:16pm On Dec 24, 2020
RedPanthar:

Lol. You fell for it. It's just trapping to make the wife look like a villain. It's just some days. It's just rice here and there and they are gone.

You should encourage him to be loving and more accommodating and that it won't last beyond a few days.

Those other side attractions are mere trappings.
I'm sure you'd react worse than the OP if you were in his shoes. You're just talking like it's that easy. Come off it already and be realistic. The woman was wrong with the way she handled the whole issue. No mature person would not inform their partner about an imminent visit of their siblings or close relatives, especially in this case when you consider her probable knowledge of his condition.

1 Like

Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by hstar: 7:16pm On Dec 24, 2020
DukeJoe17:
T817 listen to this very carefully,
Don't ever in your life again express your dissatisfaction towards a woman with words because it will makes you a weak and a nagging husband especially if talking things out had failed in subsequent approach.
Just be yourself guy,
Don't increase your budget beyond what you had planned to spend during this Yuletide,
Allow your wife to feel the scourge of her insensitivity,
Leave the house and go to your work so that you won't see the anguish on their faces.
Since she is trying to make you uncomfortable kindly turn the table against her without any harsh argument,
Action speaks loud.
Your happiness should be Paramount because life is to short to waste and not even your wife should treat your life carelessly.
Correct
Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by ruggedtimi(m): 7:17pm On Dec 24, 2020
phorget:
Me I've been wise from day one, if I haven't made enough cash then nothing will make me marry the first born of a struggling family.
wisdom

1 Like

Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by boyjo: 7:18pm On Dec 24, 2020
ParkleElegant:

She isn't a baby to be told that things are hard around to house.... It not everything that need to be told some are done through observations,To me I think she is just selfish,self centered lady if she can't know what are husband his facing.... Nah only pikin u go try explain everything too but she is grown up except if she is immature in her thinking and way of doing things

You are right if that is what happened.

But it is like you're unaware that some men put up a bold front? They will rather die than let anyone guess that they are short of cash.
I dunno sha. I just feel that the man may have communicated that 30k as the budget for the month rather than as his last cash.
We are talking about wife here o.
I just feel say if she knew that that was borrowed money na she for even tell her siblings not to come.

I am not saying i am correct.
But wives are usually not heartless.
There is a miscommunication somewhere.
Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by jamesbridget13(f): 7:18pm On Dec 24, 2020
dont worry too much. just tell ur wife that her siblings are welcome but she should try her best to manage for the time beign.

if na me my siblings come around better for me na. they will eat what ever i have. they wont complain at all. sometimes me n my sis even eat soup with one piece of meat self. most times i leave it for her sometimes she would tell me to eat while other times we simply do divide and kill, lol. may be because my siblings are older than ur inlaws and more matured and knows more about life, i dont know. but the main thing is understanding

let ur wife attend to her siblings. she can even use style n tell them that this december we are managing o. every where just dry o.

if u have said anything awful out of anger, pls apologise
i expect her to apologise for not letting u know they are coming.

use wisdom o.
Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by REDDEVILS1(m): 7:19pm On Dec 24, 2020
This Dumb fool registered in August 2020 and has his/her mobile number all over profile lol. Fish brain

RedPanthar:
Continue deceiving yourself. You can deceive gullible people but not me.

You're the breed of men that are so overly possessive you don't want your wife to be around anyone of influence especially her family besides you.

YOU COVERTLY HATE YOUR WIVE'S FAMILY AND SADLY YOU'RE NOT DISCREET ENOUGH TO HIDE THE DUSGUST. YOU CAN'T STAND THEM TO TOLERATE THEM LET ALONE TO EMBRACE THEM AS YOUR OWN.

I PRAY YOU KNOW THE FUTURE AND CAN SEE IF YOUR KIDS WILL NEVER NEED THEIR HELP FOREVER THAT WAY I CAN ASSURE YOU TO CONTINUE WITH YOUR ANTICS. UNTIL THEN, TRED SOFTLY.

There are a specie of men that hate it when a woman's family or friends is around her. And use all sorts of antics to act victimised.

Only God will deliver you from you and teach you different ways of doing things. Your children would grow up too and become adults, should brothers not visit sisters and vice versa. When it's time to shine with opportunity some men act coy.

7k will enough rice and small meat to entertain your guests for the short duration they will be around.

Stop deceiving people in the time being. You know it's hatred you have for her being around her family and not about money

Should anything happen to you tomorrow, those are the ones that would stand for her, your kids and even you. And it's how you draw them close with what you have now that will make them endear to you should the chips fall down on your end however plenty your tiny peanuts maybe as of the moment.

You will know them ladies. They are the kinds that assume thier wives fell from heaven. Once they get married to them they don't want their wives to be around anybody, friends or family.

There's also female versions. These women marry them give them the entire world. They will never be with you or love you atall and will only stick around cause of favors they get in the marriage. They won't give happiness and after a few years leave you down the line.

It's a personality-complex. Open your eyes to find these kinds out to do the needful.
Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by boyjo: 7:20pm On Dec 24, 2020
TheGift:

It is possible they need to work on their communication. When I tell my Wife A, A is what it means, I try not to allow room for miscommunication. Thank God we both understand English and that, it is what it is. angry

Thank you.
How woman go allow 4 siblings come if she know say that 30k na last cash?
She no know.

There was a communication problem somewhere.

1 Like

Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by DarkJeddi(m): 7:25pm On Dec 24, 2020
RedPanthar:
Continue deceiving yourself. You can deceive gullible people but not me.

Why don't you go ahead and transfer 100K to take care of his expenses?
Why should your in laws come to your house for holidays,without you being told in advance? shocked
FOUR of them for that matter and you don't see anything wrong with it? angry

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

The Only Type Of Partners Who Enjoy The Best Marriage. / 10 Things Married Ladies In Akwaibom Talk About When They Meet / Pastor Marries Corpse Of Church Member He Impregnated In Akwa Ibom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.