Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,801 members, 7,810,087 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:27 PM

. . . . . . And The President Lied! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / . . . . . . And The President Lied! (1964 Views)

Fellow Nigerians, Our Vice-president Lied In Church-theshadyexpress / And The President Lied To An Innocent Nigerian Child / The President Lied! By Yinka Odumakin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

. . . . . . And The President Lied! by violent(m): 8:03am On Mar 28, 2011
Two separate “Facebook” friends of President Goodluck Jonathan have disputed claims by Mr. Jonathan that his office promptly contacted them to discuss their ideas for solving some of Nigeria’s intractable problems.

One set of Nigerian students based in Finland said they were shocked to learn that Mr. Jonathan prominently used their names in his book based on exchanges on the president’s fan page. In the book, the president acclaimed the students, Dipo Daramola, Oladeji Ikuesan and Adewale Adeyemo for proposing ways of combating crime in Nigeria.

The Finland-based students Dipo Daramola, Oladeji Ikuesan and Adewale Adeyemo stated that there was no contact whatsoever from Mr. Jonathan’s office to further discuss their proposal on how to address the nation’s kidnap crisis.

On July 21, 2010 Mr. Daramola and his friends, who are studying business information technology in Finland, had written on Mr. Jonathan's facebook page that they were working on a project called the GPS gate, GPS trace, and Google Maps on a mobile device to trace the location of mobile devices. They suggested that their research could enhance security in Nigeria and curtail crimes by deploying satellite positioning. The three students told Mr. Jonathan that they did not want to be part of the brain drain from Nigeria, but wished to return to serve in Nigeria provided his government was “ready to support our visions and goals for our great nation.”

On July 23, in a response to the three students, Mr. Jonathan commended Mr. Daramola and his friends, adding, “I am proud of the work he is using his intellect to achieve.” Then the president promised that somebody would be in touch with the students “to explore the possibilities of deploying this technology for use by our security agencies.”

A few days later, Thisday newspaper picked up the report http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/jonathan-to-invite-finland-based-stu, The Punch also wrote a feature highlighting President Jonathan's engagement with Nigerians on Facebook.

But the students said they were dismayed that they never heard from any of Mr. Jonathan’s aides. One of them said they felt “used and dumped by the president to promote his Facebook activities.”

Another of the students told SaharaReporters that a fellow named Reno Omokri informed them, after their fruitless waiting to hear from Jonathan, that he (Omokri) had recommended Mr. Daramola’s post to one of Jonathan's special advisers, whom he did not name. But Mr. Omokri later asked the Finland-based students to send a message to Oronto Douglas, Jonathan’s senior special assistant on research and strategy. They said they never heard back from Mr. Douglas.

Omokri works with the American political strategist, Joe Trippi. Mr. Trippi is a consultant to Mr. Jonathan’s presidential campaign.

After months of silence from the President’s office, the students in Finland heard that Mr. Jonathan had published a book about his Facebook exchanges. “We were very surprised, if not shocked, to learn that we were featured in the president’s ‘Facebook’ book where it is claimed that the Finland students were ‘promptly invited for consultations’. It never happened,” said a source.

Mr. Omokri admitted that, based on his knowledge of what transpired behind the scenes, he did not think that the assertion in the book was accurate.

One of the students, who spoke to SaharaReporters anonymously, said none of them was ever invited to present their proposals. Mr. Omokri said he washed his hands off the issue and had asked the students to contact Mr. Douglas directly.

Mr. Omokri also said he was worried that Mr. Daramola's colleagues were slightly desperate and could have orchestrated a negative campaign against the president over the issue. But one of the students denied the charge, describing themselves as young patriotic Nigerians who were drawn to the idea that Jonathan was sincere in asking Nigerians to engage with him on Facebook to find solutions to the nation’s crises.

When SaharaReporters reached Dipo in Finland, he said he wasn't willing to speak regarding the issue claiming he had a deep personal issue to deal with at the moment.

Our investigations show that the Finland-based students were not the only Nigerians disaffected by their engagement with Jonathan on Facebook. A California-based Nigerian, Toyin Dawodu, said he was dismayed that the president had not taken up his promise to deliver 4,000 megawatts of electricity to Nigeria. Mr. Dawodu was also cited in Jonathan’s facebook page as someone to be contacted to help solve Nigeria’s power and energy crisis. But Mr. Dawodu now said he believes the whole Facebook interaction was a farce. He told SaharaReporters that Mr. Omokri also put him in touch Mr. Oronto Douglas.

http://www.saharareporters.com/news-page/jonathans-facebook-friends-critical-his-unkept-pledges
Re: . . . . . . And The President Lied! by violent(m): 8:04am On Mar 28, 2011
That Jonathan dude is a crook!
Re: . . . . . . And The President Lied! by nex(m): 8:23am On Mar 28, 2011
The President's brain is not large enough to grasp the kind of ideas these boys are talking about, so how can he sponsor them? How can this help to siphon public funds? I'm sure they forgot to state that in their proposal.
Re: . . . . . . And The President Lied! by egift(m): 9:16am On Mar 28, 2011
Falsehood is almost becoming his Fifth name.
Re: . . . . . . And The President Lied! by bkbabe97y(m): 9:23am On Mar 28, 2011
Wonder what else he has lied about. . . . hmmn, lets see:

1. Gen. Ibb and co planned the independence day bombing. . .

2. 24hr/day electricity by Dec.31st,2010. . . . .

3. Absolved MEND as a terror group. . . .

4. Failed Economic Promises. . . . .

5. Worth over $3million even tho his whole networth (considering his prior status as a Teacher) should be about a tenth of that. . . .

6.Failed Promises to tackle corruption. . . .

This dude is just a liar and a crook. . . . and he's being trained by the best criminals Nigeria has to offer!
Re: . . . . . . And The President Lied! by homerac7: 11:06am On Mar 28, 2011
Lmao!

So na Omokri dey urun d "Goodluck Jonathan" facebook show sef. Ok naa, motto don jam masquerade. cheesy grin grin grin
Re: . . . . . . And The President Lied! by ektbear: 11:12am On Mar 28, 2011
violent:

Omokri works with the American political strategist, Joe Trippi. Mr. Trippi is a consultant to Mr. Jonathan’s presidential campaign.

How much is GEJ paying you, Mr Trippi? And did he give you a bonus for writing that fawning article on the Huffington Post?  grin

Trippi is just another shameless pros.t.itute
Re: . . . . . . And The President Lied! by MaiSuya(m): 12:05pm On Mar 28, 2011
na wa o!
Re: . . . . . . And The President Lied! by blacksta(m): 12:29pm On Mar 28, 2011
Na real wa ooooo

from ELdee, Bankyw to Finland Nigerian graduates. Intellectual property stealing - How did GEJ qualify for PHD I am sure he relied on Google ( Mr Copy and Paste).

Yet many are going to vote on the lines of " GEJ is humble or god sent "

Abeg give me break.

Manipulation at best
Re: . . . . . . And The President Lied! by otitokoro1: 3:07pm On Mar 28, 2011
How can one continue to belief who has no iota of truth in their dealings? God help Nigeria.

http://nationaltransformationparty.org/news/current.html
Re: . . . . . . And The President Lied! by Kobojunkie: 3:13pm On Mar 28, 2011
OH NO!!! you mean that whole story was a hoax?? ROFLMAO! I remember this was part of the "SOLUTION" from some dudes on facebook.
Re: . . . . . . And The President Lied! by Demdem(m): 3:54pm On Mar 28, 2011
na 2day angry angry
Re: . . . . . . And The President Lied! by Pharoh: 5:08pm On Mar 28, 2011
Mr. Omokri also said he was worried that Mr. Daramola's colleagues were slightly desperate and could have orchestrated a negative campaign against the president over the issue. But one of the students denied the charge, describing themselves as young patriotic Nigerians who were drawn to the idea that Jonathan was sincere in asking Nigerians to engage with him on Facebook to find solutions to the nation’s crises.

This i can relate with and confirm because one of them is in the save nigeria group and he is anti goodluck now . I will not believe this whole story until i speak with those guys on the phone and hear from them. They made a mistake by granting interviews to those shameless newspapers that twisted what actually transpired during the interview. I know the three guys personally and i doubt anyone here knows the infighting and the drama this whole thing caused within the group and generally among their set up.
Re: . . . . . . And The President Lied! by OAM4J: 5:12pm On Mar 28, 2011
Why am I not surprised?
Re: . . . . . . And The President Lied! by efisher(m): 5:25pm On Mar 28, 2011
Visit Obama's facebook page and see worse comments!

http://www.facebook.com/#!/barackobama
Re: . . . . . . And The President Lied! by 10cirenoh: 5:42pm On Mar 28, 2011
Yet, PDP apologist won't see anything wrong in this.

If Dosunmu of PDP in Lagos governorship debate could lie on national TV at the debate hosted by Channels, then PDP can lie anywhere in the world.
Re: . . . . . . And The President Lied! by violent(m): 5:49pm On Mar 28, 2011
Pharoh:

This i can relate with and confirm because one of them is in the save nigeria group and he is anti goodluck now . I will not believe this whole story until i speak with those guys on the phone and hear from them. They made a mistake by granting interviews to those shameless newspapers that twisted what actually transpired during the interview. I know the three guys personally and i doubt anyone here knows the infighting and the drama this whole thing caused within the group and generally among their set up.

You will not believe the story until you speak with those guys, yet you were so sure that "those shameless newspapers twisted what actually transpired during the interview"

Can you please stop thinking with your butthole?
Re: . . . . . . And The President Lied! by Shock(m): 6:24pm On Mar 28, 2011
The President is fraudulent, no wonder we rank tops on any corruption scale
Re: . . . . . . And The President Lied! by monkeyleg: 6:34pm On Mar 28, 2011
Wonderful. So what has he been telling Nigerians that is true? I aways knew he was shifty from day 1. Same rattling old banger with new paint, but the paint cannot cover the true colour.

Notice, say Beaf no dey? dem busy dey chop our money for aso rock
Re: . . . . . . And The President Lied! by Kobojunkie: 6:37pm On Mar 28, 2011
I see they are back to deleting all comments aimed at questioning the President from his facebook page. Does the president even take time himself to read the comments on his Facebook page? I seriously doubt this, even though the claim is made on the page that he does.
Re: . . . . . . And The President Lied! by monkeyleg: 6:44pm On Mar 28, 2011
and that is why I dont paste anything on there. The bunch are full of deceit.
Re: . . . . . . And The President Lied! by 9ijaMan: 6:46pm On Mar 28, 2011
The only shocking part is that it took Nigerian youth almost a full year to finally accept that GEJ is a complete fraud.
Re: . . . . . . And The President Lied! by Nobody: 6:50pm On Mar 28, 2011
Did he really lie? his aides are the once who failed in their responsibility, he asked them to contact the people they did not, not Mr. Presidents fault, to say he lied is a bit harsh. My two cents
Re: . . . . . . And The President Lied! by Pharoh: 6:59pm On Mar 28, 2011
^^

Thank you because the president i think actually has nothing to do with the below par job done by his aids.

violent:

"those shameless newspapers twisted what actually transpired during the interview"

Yes i am so sure of that part because that was actually told to me by the leader of those group of students live to my face. I am not saying what happened is a good thing but this is not the full story. I was consulted for advice before he went to that interview and it was the publication of that interview in thisday that started the whole mess we are seeing today. I will give them a call and post the response i get from them latest by tomorrow of this new development.
Re: . . . . . . And The President Lied! by 9ijaMan: 7:18pm On Mar 28, 2011
aisha2:

Did he really lie? his aides are the once who failed in their responsibility, he asked them to contact the people they did not, not Mr. Presidents fault, to say he lied is a bit harsh. My two cents
Aisha2 you need not try to play the devil's advocate here. This current episode certainly isn't the first time GEJ gets caught pants down. Why would he publish a book claiming that he's been discussing with the young lads when indeed it is not true? So every gaffe by GEJ should now be blamed on his aides. Did any one chose those aides for him. One fundamental quality which GEJ lacks is his ability to chose aides who will discharge their duties honestly and not jus for what they stand to gain.

In a nut shell, GEJ has once again been caught lying.
Re: . . . . . . And The President Lied! by Pharoh: 7:33pm On Mar 28, 2011
9ijaMan:

Aisha2 you need not try to play the devil's advocate here. This current episode certainly isn't the first time GEJ gets caught pants down. Why would he publish a book claiming that he's been discussing with the young lads when indeed it is not true? So every gaffe by GEJ should now be blamed on his aides. Did any one chose those aides for him. One fundamental quality which GEJ lacks is his ability to chose aides who will discharge their duties honestly and not jus for what they stand to gain.

In a nut shell, GEJ has once again been caught lying.

There was absolutely no lie because what was written in that book was the actual truth that transpired. Like i said there was misunderstanding within the group and one of them who has a personal grudge to grind with the president was the one that caused all this mess. I just talked with the leader of the student group and the actual guy that had the main project and all has been revealed to me now.
Re: . . . . . . And The President Lied! by Pharoh: 7:58pm On Mar 28, 2011
1)
When SaharaReporters reached Dipo in Finland, he said he wasn't willing to speak regarding the issue claiming he had a deep personal issue to deal with at the moment.

How can someone who never gave you guys a response could be included in the people that rebuffed the claim from the presidency below?

The Finland-based students[b] Dipo Daramola, Oladeji Ikuesan and Adewale Adeyemo stated that there was no contact whatsoever from Mr. Jonathan’s office to further discuss their proposal on how to address the nation’s kidnap crisis.[/b]

2)
On July 21, 2010 Mr. Daramola and his friends, who are studying business information technology in Finland, had written on Mr. Jonathan's facebook page that they were working on a project called the GPS gate, GPS trace, and Google Maps on a mobile device to trace the location of mobile devices. They suggested that their research could enhance security in Nigeria and curtail crimes by deploying satellite positioning. The three students [/b]told Mr. Jonathan that they did not want to be part of the brain drain from Nigeria, but wished to return to serve in Nigeria provided his government was “ready to support our visions and goals for our great nation.”

This was a terrible lie as it was dipo only who actually posted on jonathan's page and only two of them were working on the projects not the three of them. This is the comment of one them right now on hiw facebook status

Hmm, I have a reply here, though [b]I was brought into the project later to bring in business approach. The others are the main owners of the (IT) project. Nigerians deserve the truth, wonders shall never end. It's not a news to Nigerians in Finland that no one was ever contacted, so, how come with the rhetoric lies! If any contacted Dou, glas then it's in 2011. God I beg ooo! Bunch of liars! Thanks you Sahara Reporters.

How can you thank sahara reporters when you where the one that has been contacting them anonymously? angry You were brought into the project after there has been a contact on facebook and there was need for commercialization but sahara reporters said you were part of the IT development. For the records we knew what you did to include your name in that publication in thisday newspapers.

But the students [/b]said they were dismayed that they never heard from any of Mr. Jonathan’s aides. [b]One of them said they felt “used and dumped by the president to promote his Facebook activities.”

where it is claimed that the Finland students were ‘promptly invited for consultations’. It never happened,” said a source.

Mr. Omokri also said he was worried that Mr. Daramola's colleagues [/b]were slightly desperate and could have orchestrated a negative campaign against the president over the issue. But [b]one of the students [/b]denied the charge, describing themselves as young patriotic Nigerians who were drawn to the idea that Jonathan was sincere in asking Nigerians to engage with him on Facebook to find solutions to the nation’s crises.

[b]Another of the students [/b]told SaharaReporters that a fellow named Reno Omokri informed them,

[b]One of the students
, who spoke to SaharaReporters anonymously, said none of them was ever invited to present their proposals. Mr. Omokri said he washed his hands off the issue and had asked the students to contact Mr. Douglas directly.

I definitely know this one and anonymous student that has been contacting sahara reports and come to think of it sahara reporters does not publish news from anonymous sources so what is difficult from them in identifying one of the three students. I can authoritatively tell here that only one student has been contacting sahara reporters and causing this trouble just because he is for buhari.

I challenge sahara reporters to come out and state how they got the phone numbers of the whole students to call them if it was not the same anonymous guy that supplied them all this information.
Re: . . . . . . And The President Lied! by 9ijaMan: 8:15pm On Mar 28, 2011
Pharoh:

1)
How can someone who never gave you guys a response could be included in the people that rebuffed the claim from the presidency below?

The Finland-based students[b] Dipo Daramola, Oladeji Ikuesan and Adewale Adeyemo stated that there was no contact whatsoever from Mr. Jonathan’s office to further discuss their proposal on how to address the nation’s kidnap crisis.[/b]

2)
This was a terrible lie as it was dipo only who actually posted on jonathan's page and only two of them were working on the projects not the three of them. This is the comment of one them right now on hiw facebook status

How can you thank sahara reporters when you where the one that has been contacting them anonymously? angry You were brought into the project after there has been a contact on facebook and there was need for commercialization but sahara reporters said you were part of the IT development. For the records we knew what you did to include your name in that publication in thisday newspapers.

I definitely know this one and anonymous student that has been contacting sahara reports and come to think of it sahara reporters does not publish news from anonymous sources so what is difficult from them in identifying one of the three students. I can authoritatively tell here that only one student has been contacting sahara reporters and causing this trouble just because he is for buhari.

I challenge sahara reporters to come out and state how they got the phone numbers of the whole students to call them if it was not the same anonymous guy that supplied them all this information.

You have succeeded in saying nothing so far.
As per the bold, you actually exposed yourself to be trying to cover up for your benefactor. SR has several anonymous pots on its web page. Search for the word 'anonymous' on SR site and you'll be shocked at the amount of anonymous posts you'll find there.
I'll advice you to go and get better trained GEJ team members to come and attempt to put a spin on this news.
Re: . . . . . . And The President Lied! by Nobody: 8:22pm On Mar 28, 2011
I still feel Lie is such a strong word, he may have been misinformed and did he actually write the book?
Re: . . . . . . And The President Lied! by Pharoh: 8:23pm On Mar 28, 2011
9ijaMan:

You have succeeded in saying nothing so far.
As per the bold, you actually exposed yourself to be trying to cover up for your benefactor. SR has several anonymous pots on its web page. Search for the word 'anonymous' on SR site and you'll be shocked at the amount of anonymous posts you'll find there.
I'll advice you to go and get better trained GEJ team members to come and attempt to put a spin on this news.

Anonymous post does not mean that they do not know the actual person who sent the story.Iam talking about those who post stories and not those who give anonymous comments on the comments threads. There are three people involved in this case with the president so why would an anonymous source be speaking for the student group as they stated below?.

where it is claimed that the Finland students were ‘promptly invited for consultations’. It never happened,” said a source.
Re: . . . . . . And The President Lied! by Pharoh: 8:30pm On Mar 28, 2011
aisha2:

I still feel Lie is such a strong word, he may have been misinformed and did he actually write the book?

I doubt that because he was not the one even managing the page and he asked those same aids to compile the whole engagement on the facebook page. The same aids that would have been responsible in contacting the students. See dipo was the group leader and owner of the project with the other guy called ade, they have not in any one day have any contact with sahara reporters so is it not clear that it is oladeji that has been contacting them. Sahara reporters are now trying to spin it as one source and anonymous source, that guy is a die hard buhari fan so how will that same person be contacting goodluck for a security project. Is that not hypocrisy, he was the aggressive member described in that group and i know all of them involved personally. I just spoke with dipo on the phone, the ade is a pastor and deji is a business student. They are all there on my facebook friend list and very soon the truth will come out because trouble is already brewing between them.
Re: . . . . . . And The President Lied! by 9ijaMan: 8:40pm On Mar 28, 2011
Pharoh:

Anonymous post does not mean that they do not know the actual person who sent the story.Iam talking about those who post stories and not those who give anonymous comments on the comments threads. There are three people involved in this case with the president so why would an anonymous source be speaking for the student group as they stated below?.
Are you kidding me? Thousands of news paper articles around the world, Nigeria inclusive always use phrases such as: 'a source', 'our source', 'the source' etc etc. This is the lamest and most ridiculous excuse you can ever give. You are doing a terrible job at attempting to spin this news. Go and ask those who are more experienced amongst you GEJ supporters to come to your rescue.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ijaw Attacks: Binis Serve Notice To Retaliate / Unprecedented Fraud: Lagos State Govt Takes Fraud To The Next Level / Oyedepo Watches Beating Of Ogun State Tax Men By Church Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.