Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,127 members, 7,825,531 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 05:03 PM

Who Are Those That Will Reign With Christ For 1000 Years? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Are Those That Will Reign With Christ For 1000 Years? (1024 Views)

Download How Kings Reign With Apostle Joshua Selman Mp3 23/10/22 / The Millenium (1000 Years) The Reign Of Christ And His Saints Revealation 20. / Masquerade Uses Statue Of Jesus Christ For His Performance. See Reactions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Are Those That Will Reign With Christ For 1000 Years? by obonujoker(m): 9:20am On Dec 24, 2020
Every Christian knows that at the second coming of Christ, God will judge the Antichrist, the false prophet, the mystery Babylon, and rule for a 1000 years on Earth.

Now who are those that will reign with Christ? What does the Bible actually say about this??

"Revelation 20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years"

Revelation 20:6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

1. Who are those that will partake in the first resurrection?

2. What about those that received the mark of the beast and worshipped him, and didn't die during the war of Armageddon, What will happen to them??
a. Are they going to be outcast?
b. Will they be able to still find forgiveness during the 1000 year reign?

3. Do the verses above show that the church would pass through tribulation, before the first resurrection (the rapture of the saints, both dead and alive)?

Thanks
Re: Who Are Those That Will Reign With Christ For 1000 Years? by obonujoker(m): 9:26am On Dec 24, 2020
Jesusjnr2020
Dtruthspeaker
IfIperishIperis
Eviana
Enilove
MaxinDhouse

1 Like

Re: Who Are Those That Will Reign With Christ For 1000 Years? by Dtruthspeaker: 9:31am On Dec 24, 2020
Mathew 20:16 Shows us God's Plan!
Re: Who Are Those That Will Reign With Christ For 1000 Years? by Nobody: 9:36am On Dec 24, 2020
the old testament saints, the new testament saints, the great tribulation martyrs as well as their children that will begin the millennium reign.

1 Like

Re: Who Are Those That Will Reign With Christ For 1000 Years? by Fredmatic(m): 12:23pm On Dec 24, 2020
paulemmy19:
the old testament saints, the new testament saints, the great tribulation martyrs as well as their children that will begin the millennium reign.

Correct, that means u study Bible well,
Let me add to it, this 1000 new millennium years will be live here on Earth not heaven, after the 7 years celebration of saints with Christ in heaven, when the rapture takes place while the great tribulation is going on the same time on the Earth

After that, we will return with Christ to Earth and spend the new millennium. The lost book of Enoch, gave a clue. Which the Bible reference to in the book of Jude. I know someone will say he/she don't want to read any other book except the Bible only.
The truth is some in-depth things are not review in the Bible, and u have to search for them know more.
Re: Who Are Those That Will Reign With Christ For 1000 Years? by Eviana(f): 12:48pm On Dec 24, 2020
obonujoker:
Jesusjnr2020
Dtruthspeaker
IfIperishIperis
E.viana
Enilove
MaxinDhouse

Thanks for the mention.
Short answer: those who have made their calling and election for Christ sure. Those who chose Christ, lived and/or died obediently for Him and were ultimately saved.

I'd like to put this video down for those who (feel comfortable clicking) and would like to explore the topic further. It's around 28 minutes or so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBdsrlRLShc

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Are Those That Will Reign With Christ For 1000 Years? by livingchrist: 12:55pm On Dec 24, 2020
obonujoker:
Every Christian knows that at the second coming of Christ, God will judge the Antichrist, the false prophet, the mystery Babylon, and rule for a 1000 years on Earth.

Now who are those that will reign with Christ? What does the Bible actually say about this??

"Revelation 20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years"

Revelation 20:6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

2. What about those that received the mark of the beast and worshipped him, and didn't die during the war of Armageddon, What will happen to them??

3. Do the verses above show that the church would pass through tribulation, before the first resurrection (the rapture of the saints, both dead and alive)?

Thanks

All christian who will experience pretribulatio and those who would not accept the mark of the beast meaning those who reject the antichrist, these are the ones who will reign with christ.
Re: Who Are Those That Will Reign With Christ For 1000 Years? by petra1(m): 1:10pm On Dec 24, 2020
obonujoker:

Tge rapture saints will reign with him.
Re: Who Are Those That Will Reign With Christ For 1000 Years? by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:18pm On Dec 24, 2020
They are the BORN AGAIN Christians!

God's initial plan was to select 12,000 men from each tribe of Israel but the nation broke into two, ten tribes in the North (Samaritans) and two in the South (Jews). The Samaritans selected the prophets they'll like to relate with as most of the prophets keep telling them they have to get to Jerusalem's Temple (South) before their worship is accepted. John 4:19-22

When Jesus arrived in Israel he concentrated on the Jews who accepted all the prophets of God and their messages {Matthew 10:6, 15:24} his assignment is to gather faithful Jews and train them on how to become Kingdom rulers with him. He emphatically told his audience that all those who lived before John the baptist and John himself can't partaker in this arrangement! Matthew 11:11

The reason is because all those servants of God who worked for God before Jesus' coming never had the opportunity to learn from Jesus what it will take to become a coruler with the Christ!

So starting from his 12 Apostles the selection begins until 144,000 seats is complete {Revelations 7:5-8, 14:1} Jesus' first century Jewish followers knew that Jerusalem supposed to be the seat of their government but Jesus told them negative things about Jerusalem {Luke 21:24} so they became confused!
Where are they going to stay to rule with Jesus as whatever he said will surely be (including his unfavorable thought about Jerusalem) Matthew 23:37-38
That's why Jesus said "Don't be scared, where i come from there are many accommodations, i'll go ahead of you to PREPARE for your arrival and when i finish doing that, i'll come back and take you to where i'm staying there" John 14:1-4

So when most Jews would not listen or learn from Jesus the invitation was extended to none Jewish Christians {Matthew 22:2-10} until the number will be complete, the selection ran through centuries till our own time.
It was after the seats are nearly complete that Jesus asked the Born Again Christians to start gathering their subjects (the other sheep) {John 10:16} Jesus referred to his limited number of corulers as the little flock! Luke 12:32

These little flock must humbly go to the homes of their subjects to campaign for their coming government just as their King of Kings also did, Jesus' corulers aren't going to be like the rulers of the world who expects their citizens to come begging at their feet, rather they're to go preaching (pleading) with their prospective future subjects. It's after this subjects recognized how important the Born Again Christians are that they now join them in millions to support the preaching and teaching work Jesus assigned to their leaders.
That's why JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES only take orders from our Governing Body regarding anything having to do with the orders from our Master, Lord and King (Jesus Christ)

May you have PEACE! smiley

obonujoker:
Jesusjnr2020
Dtruthspeaker
IfIperishIperis
Eviana
Enilove
MaxinDhouse

1 Like

Re: Who Are Those That Will Reign With Christ For 1000 Years? by jesusjnr2020(m): 1:51pm On Dec 24, 2020
obonujoker:

Thanks

Interesting questions...

Although i'm not well informed concerning the matters of rapture, but from what i have gotten so far (revelations from dreams and knowledge from scripture), it appears that it takes place after the great tribulations.

I have a feeling though that some righteous may be taken to a safe haven for a while during the tribulations but not so sure about that.

When I am certain about it, I would get back to you.

That said, i believe the best thing for believers to do is to prepare themselves for any possible scenario, not just to be raptured before tribulations, just in case it doesn't happen as they expected.

So that they would not be caught unawares as was the case with Donald Trump's election loss when they were so certain he'd win.

God bless.
Re: Who Are Those That Will Reign With Christ For 1000 Years? by Nobody: 1:54pm On Dec 24, 2020
Fredmatic:

Correct, that means u study Bible well,
Let me add to it, this 1000 new millennium years will be live here on Earth not heaven, after the 7 years celebration of saints with Christ in heaven, when the rapture takes place while the great tribulation is going on the same time on the Earth

After that, we will return with Christ to Earth and spend the new millennium. The lost book of Enoch, gave a clue. Which the Bible reference to in the book of Jude. I know someone will say he/she don't want to read any other book except the Bible only.
The truth is some in-depth things are not review in the Bible, and u have to search for them know more.
well said, a verse of the bible does not explain itself in isolation. some studies require deep search as you pointed out.
Re: Who Are Those That Will Reign With Christ For 1000 Years? by Nobody: 2:44pm On Dec 24, 2020
1. Those that will partake in the first resurrection are the old testament saints that resurrected with Christ, the church age saints at the rapture, and the tribulation saints that will be resurrected at the end of the tribulation.

2. Whosoever that receives the mark of the beast is damned. No repentance nor forgiveness.

3. The church will be raptured before the tribulation (1 Thess 5:9 kjv "For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ."wink

4. The church age saints will reign with Christ. Only the church age saints will have the body of Christ because we are His bride. The king is coming to reign with His bride (Revelation 19 kjv).

5. The second part of resurrection will occur after the 1000 years reign of Christ. This part of resurrection will be every lost soul that died from Adam to the Millenial reign. Some saved people that died during the millennium will be resurrected that time too. That's why books were opened and another book which is the book of life.
Re: Who Are Those That Will Reign With Christ For 1000 Years? by ebhaleleme51490: 4:21pm On Dec 24, 2020
Re: Who Are Those That Will Reign With Christ For 1000 Years? by Fredmatic(m): 10:11am On Dec 26, 2020
[quote author=paulemmy19 post=97386591]well said, a verse of the bible does not explain itself in isolation. some studies require deep search as you pointed out. [/

Well said, while I agree we should not read the Bible in isolation, that book of Jude is the only chapter that in the Bible that talk about the return of the saints and also reference the Enoch
Re: Who Are Those That Will Reign With Christ For 1000 Years? by Ihedinobi3: 5:57pm On Dec 26, 2020
obonujoker:

Thanks

Hi there.

Good questions.

1. This is what the Bible says about the resurrection:

22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ all shall be made alive. 23 But each one in his own order: Christ the firstfruits, afterward those who are Christ’s at His coming. 24 Then comes the end, when He delivers the kingdom to God the Father, when He puts an end to all rule and all authority and power.
1 Corinthians 15:22-24 (NKJV)

That is, there are three echelons: the Lord Jesus, then all those who are believers before the moment of the Lord's return, and finally all those who believe in Jesus after His return. The very first resurrection ever to occur is the Lord Jesus Himself. This resurrection is not taken into account in Revelation 20:6 quoted in your post, but this is because it is the Resurrection of the Lord, not of those who believe in Him. The first resurrection of those who believe will occur at the Lord's Return (which proves that the idea of a "rapture" is unbiblical). The second resurrection of the saints will occur at the end of the Millennium.

2. Regarding those who receive the mark of the beast, this is what the Bible says:

9 Then a third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, “If anyone worships the beast and his image, and receives his mark on his forehead or on his hand, 10 he himself shall also drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out full strength into the cup of His indignation. He shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb. 11 And the smoke of their torment ascends forever and ever; and they have no rest day or night, who worship the beast and his image, and whoever receives the mark of his name.”
Revelation 14:9-11 (NKJV)

Receiving the mark of the beast seals anyone's fate. There is no question of what will happen to them. All those who receive the mark of the beast will suffer the judgment of the baptism of fire, whether they go with the Antichrist to try to destroy Israel in the war of Armageddon or they do not. The Lord will consume every last one of them with fire.

1 “And you, son of man, prophesy against Gog, and say, ‘Thus says the Lord GOD: “Behold, I am against you, O Gog, the prince of Rosh, Meshech, and Tubal; 2 and I will turn you around and lead you on, bringing you up from the far north, and bring you against the mountains of Israel. 3 Then I will knock the bow out of your left hand, and cause the arrows to fall out of your right hand. 4 You shall fall upon the mountains of Israel, you and all your troops and the peoples who are with you; I will give you to birds of prey of every sort and to the beasts of the field to be devoured. 5 You shall fall on the open field; for I have spoken,” says the Lord GOD. 6 “And I will send fire on Magog and on those who live in security in the coastlands. Then they shall know that I am the LORD. 7 So I will make My holy name known in the midst of My people Israel, and I will not let them profane My holy name anymore. Then the nations shall know that I am the LORD, the Holy One in Israel. 8 Surely it is coming, and it shall be done,” says the Lord GOD. “This is the day of which I have spoken.
9 “Then those who dwell in the cities of Israel will go out and set on fire and burn the weapons, both the shields and bucklers, the bows and arrows, the javelins and spears; and they will make fires with them for seven years. 10 They will not take wood from the field nor cut down any from the forests, because they will make fires with the weapons; and they will plunder those who plundered them, and pillage those who pillaged them,” says the Lord GOD.
Ezekiel 39:1-10 (NKJV) (compare Revelation 19:17-21)

The above is a prophecy about Armageddon. Those who don't go to the war but who have the mark of the beast are the ones spoken of in verse 6. They will be incinerated alive. This is the baptism of fire that John the Baptist prophesied about:

11 I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance, but He who is coming after me is mightier than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire. 12 His winnowing fan is in His hand, and He will thoroughly clean out His threshing floor, and gather His wheat into the barn; but He will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire.”
Matthew 3:11-12 (NKJV)

3. Yes I believe that they do. In fact, it is very difficult to produce all the Bible passages that teach that the saints will only be gathered to the Lord at His Return after the seven-year Tribulation the latter half of which is the time of the Great Tribulation when the Antichrist will persecute the saints directly causing the martyrdom of a full third of all true believers who entered that 7-year period. There are way too many of those passages to easily reproduce especially in a context such as a discussion on Nairaland. It is pure fiction that there is any such thing as a rapture that will occur before the Tribulation. Believing such a thing is apt to lead one into apostasy when the pressures of the Tribulation come upon them.
Re: Who Are Those That Will Reign With Christ For 1000 Years? by obonujoker(m): 9:29am On Dec 27, 2020
What about those that received the mark of the Antichrist and worshipped him, but didn't die during the war of Armageddon??

What will happen to them during the Millennial reign of Christ?

(1) (Reply)

WWE Star Undertaker Finds Jesus Christ: From Dead Man To Alive In Christ / What Does It Mean To Believe Something? / Breaking: Pope Francis Is Set To Resign Amid Pressure From Other Cardinals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.