Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,610 members, 7,813,000 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:17 AM

Akin Alabi: Why My Health Centre Project In Ibadan Is ‘Too Small’ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akin Alabi: Why My Health Centre Project In Ibadan Is ‘Too Small’ (25991 Views)

Gov Yahaya Bello Inspects Ongoing 15,000 Capacity Kogi Civic Centre Project / Nairabet Owner, Akin Alabi Wins National Assembly Election / CEO Of Betting Company, Akin Alabi Cries Out As Man Won N24m With N1,500 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akin Alabi: Why My Health Centre Project In Ibadan Is ‘Too Small’ by CastedAyo: 1:05pm On Dec 24, 2020
A member of the House of Representatives for Egbeda/Ona Ara Federal Constituency in Oyo State Akin Alabi has explained that the health centre being rehabilitated in Ajiwogbo, Ibadan is for a small village, Igbere TV reports.

Mr Alabi came under criticism on social media when he shared photos of the heath centre on Wednesday night.

Some social media users said the building was “too small”.

Responding to the criticism, the lawmaker said he only rehabilitated the heath centre, adding that he did not have the power to expand it.

“About those saying the place is too small. Good question. Well, it is a small health center in a small village that was rehabilitated. The place gets like five patients a day. I am not sure there is any sense expanding it. I don’t even have the powers to have it expanded,” he wrote on Thursday.

He added: “Some are asking why was the contract given to an Abuja contractor. The answer is I had no say. That question has to go to National Health Care Development Agency. I do not award contracts. Lawmakers do not award contracts. I have never met this contractor. I don’t plan to.”

https://twitter.com/akinalabi/status/1342050824248315904?s=20

Appeasing his critics, Alabi said he was not boasting about the project.

“In the original post, it wasn’t like I boasted that this was massive or an ‘ultra modern’ or a world class facility. I helped connect the village and the agency, worked hard to make sure it happened. The entire details are in the pictures. No bragging. I don’t understand the vex,” wrote the legislator.

https://twitter.com/akinalabi/status/1342052480738320384?s=20

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Akin Alabi: Why My Health Centre Project In Ibadan Is ‘Too Small’ by JulleyJ(f): 1:16pm On Dec 24, 2020
Lame excuses

47 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Akin Alabi: Why My Health Centre Project In Ibadan Is ‘Too Small’ by destinyakwa: 1:17pm On Dec 24, 2020
Ok
Re: Akin Alabi: Why My Health Centre Project In Ibadan Is ‘Too Small’ by MutualRetail: 1:17pm On Dec 24, 2020
Why is it so small:
Blame my greed.

Why was it awarded to an Abuja contractor:
That's the only way I could pad the bills.

Do you think embezzling funds is very easy like that.

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Akin Alabi: Why My Health Centre Project In Ibadan Is ‘Too Small’ by Tripitaka: 1:17pm On Dec 24, 2020
The problem with the Nigerian political space is that, no matter how woeful, insipid, clueless, miserable and wicked a politician is, there will always be a majority cheering them on.

If you criticise them, their cheerleaders will automatically switch to the tested and trusted ethno-religious antics of divide and conquer that has always worked magic.

I would never understand how these cheerleaders sleep at night.

44 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Akin Alabi: Why My Health Centre Project In Ibadan Is ‘Too Small’ by Sniper4real(m): 1:18pm On Dec 24, 2020
Baba dey shalaye cheesy cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Akin Alabi: Why My Health Centre Project In Ibadan Is ‘Too Small’ by imamabi(m): 1:18pm On Dec 24, 2020
Hmm
Re: Akin Alabi: Why My Health Centre Project In Ibadan Is ‘Too Small’ by adewumiopeyemi(m): 1:18pm On Dec 24, 2020
Wah happen to nairabet

4 Likes

Re: Akin Alabi: Why My Health Centre Project In Ibadan Is ‘Too Small’ by Nobody: 1:18pm On Dec 24, 2020
You can not impress children of satan.

If you like build a massive health center reaching to the skies they will still complain...negativity has eaten deep into their soul

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akin Alabi: Why My Health Centre Project In Ibadan Is ‘Too Small’ by Enudapan: 1:18pm On Dec 24, 2020
Nah eh! No qualms
Akin my man
The odogwu of nairabet
Buh you shaa fall my hands
Odinary Ade of crazy clown would have done more

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akin Alabi: Why My Health Centre Project In Ibadan Is ‘Too Small’ by YosemiteDan: 1:19pm On Dec 24, 2020
Na wa ooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akin Alabi: Why My Health Centre Project In Ibadan Is ‘Too Small’ by Opexzy: 1:19pm On Dec 24, 2020
Smiles
Re: Akin Alabi: Why My Health Centre Project In Ibadan Is ‘Too Small’ by fabianiyobosa(m): 1:19pm On Dec 24, 2020
How much was spent?
Re: Akin Alabi: Why My Health Centre Project In Ibadan Is ‘Too Small’ by omoadeleye(m): 1:19pm On Dec 24, 2020
Issokay
Re: Akin Alabi: Why My Health Centre Project In Ibadan Is ‘Too Small’ by baby124: 1:20pm On Dec 24, 2020
Because at your small age you are managing two wives with constituency money. One will think your lotto money will be enough to feed you and your wives. But it’s like you needed the constituency money too.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akin Alabi: Why My Health Centre Project In Ibadan Is ‘Too Small’ by princeogbeide1(m): 1:20pm On Dec 24, 2020
He is bold to call it small village meanwhile it will someday become a big village. What stops him form building a standard healthcare centre that will benefit the neighbouring villages and bring some level of development in his village which will likely yield revenue generation. This is Greed and foolishness at the peak. This building cost 0.0007 percent of residential house. The masses are irrelevant to eyes of our so called leaders.

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Akin Alabi: Why My Health Centre Project In Ibadan Is ‘Too Small’ by Ayandokun2000: 1:20pm On Dec 24, 2020
At least he did something undecided

2 Likes

Re: Akin Alabi: Why My Health Centre Project In Ibadan Is ‘Too Small’ by Exc2000: 1:21pm On Dec 24, 2020
I trust akin Alabi to. School them
Re: Akin Alabi: Why My Health Centre Project In Ibadan Is ‘Too Small’ by BanevsJoker(m): 1:22pm On Dec 24, 2020
That's a FirstAid box, not a health centre.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akin Alabi: Why My Health Centre Project In Ibadan Is ‘Too Small’ by Lexusgs430: 1:22pm On Dec 24, 2020
Better than nothing...... Small steps......
Re: Akin Alabi: Why My Health Centre Project In Ibadan Is ‘Too Small’ by Rebuke: 1:22pm On Dec 24, 2020
We drag everything and everyone in this country.
Baba did his best, if everyone does something how ever small but reasonable in their constituency like this, we would have been better than this.

1 Like

Re: Akin Alabi: Why My Health Centre Project In Ibadan Is ‘Too Small’ by paulolee(m): 1:22pm On Dec 24, 2020
not a valid excuse coming from a him, I expect more than this because even if he wants to renovate the old center, he can still expand and build a bigger one because the land have enough space..
so this is what he have to give ibadan even after all the money him don chop from youths via nairabet..
I wonder if he can have the balls to come up with this kinda joke assuming we are in election year and he is seeking for votes....iranu..

2 Likes

Re: Akin Alabi: Why My Health Centre Project In Ibadan Is ‘Too Small’ by Nato008(m): 1:22pm On Dec 24, 2020
if we are been honest that structure has just turned to an abandoned completed structure...cause is too small for anything meaningful to happen except haven for rats and criminals..

1 Like

Re: Akin Alabi: Why My Health Centre Project In Ibadan Is ‘Too Small’ by Heywhy18862: 1:22pm On Dec 24, 2020
Stupid politicians

1 Like

Re: Akin Alabi: Why My Health Centre Project In Ibadan Is ‘Too Small’ by Tobinrobin(m): 1:22pm On Dec 24, 2020
Someone argued that healthcare centers shouldn’t be more than this and it’s a standard since it’s in a village and I laughed because even though it’s in a village, it’s not meant to look like a room and parlor. It look like a public toilet.
Re: Akin Alabi: Why My Health Centre Project In Ibadan Is ‘Too Small’ by lagusboyyy(m): 1:23pm On Dec 24, 2020
Small or Big.. The main purpose is to improve the quality of health of the intended users.

In my own opinion, he is better than most SITTING FURNITURES in the hallowed chamber.
Re: Akin Alabi: Why My Health Centre Project In Ibadan Is ‘Too Small’ by stealmatic(m): 1:23pm On Dec 24, 2020
[quote author=CastedAyo post=97385261]A member of the House of Representatives for Egbeda/Ona Ara Federal Constituency in Oyo State Akin Alabi has explained that the health centre being rehabilitated in Ajiwogbo, Ibadan is for a small village, Igbere TV reports.

Mr Alabi came under criticism on social media when he shared photos of the heath centre on Wednesday night.

Some social media users said the building was “too small”.

Responding to the criticism, the lawmaker said he only rehabilitated the heath centre, adding that he did not have the power to expand it.

https://twitter.com/akinalabi/status/1342050824248315904?s=20

Appeasing his critics, Alabi said he was not boasting about the project.

https://twitter.com/akinalabi/status/1342052480738320384?s=20[/quote

ok sir, online Igbos are the ones wailing,keep it up
Re: Akin Alabi: Why My Health Centre Project In Ibadan Is ‘Too Small’ by Adrian9(m): 1:23pm On Dec 24, 2020
What is wrong with going the extra mile and expanding the place? Will he be beaten?,if na to tiff money do nonessential things for them selves power go dey.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Borno IPMAN Directs Members To Suspend Operations, Shut ALL Filling Stations / Governor Ambode Is Fulfilling His Campaign Promises - PDP / Cross River Governor’s Office Flooded, Properties Submerged (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.