Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,915 members, 7,835,057 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:46 AM

Akin Alabi: Why My Health Centre Project In Ibadan Is ‘Too Small’ - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akin Alabi: Why My Health Centre Project In Ibadan Is ‘Too Small’ (26015 Views)

Gov Yahaya Bello Inspects Ongoing 15,000 Capacity Kogi Civic Centre Project / Nairabet Owner, Akin Alabi Wins National Assembly Election / CEO Of Betting Company, Akin Alabi Cries Out As Man Won N24m With N1,500 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akin Alabi: Why My Health Centre Project In Ibadan Is ‘Too Small’ by K0y3: 2:57pm On Dec 24, 2020
Most people can't differentiate the functions of the level of government. Reason I advise folks to read more bout Nigeria, the constitution and government functions before voting in a candidate and subsequently criticizing the candidates shortcomings after being elected.

Alabi is a federal law maker not a federal minister, federal agency or board chairman. Like every federal law maker (HoR and Senator) they are entitled to facilitate at least one federal project to his constituency in his 4 years tenure. This is one of the many reasons the budget goes through the rep and senate before being signed. Rehabilitations, renovations, new constructions etc are communicated in the budget yearly. The members are expected to facilitate at least one to his or her constituency, this is actually one of the reasons they do exist in the first place. Now the members are ranked. A first timer is ranked lower than a two timer, likewise a two timer ranked lower than three timer and so on. The higher the rank, the bigger the project the member can facilitate to the his constituency. Reason you might come across posters reading vote Mr k as a ranking senator etc.

In the case of alabi, he is a first timer and this probably is the highest project he could facilitate to his constituency.

The rehabilitation of basic health care centers across the nation was included in the budget as part of the funding for the ministry of health. Obviously the money provided for this in the budget can't rehabilitate all the health care centers in Nigeria, some will be chosen others will be left out.

I guess Alabi was excited he could facilitate that of his constituency to be among those that were chosen, hence the proud post.

As for the contractor being from Abuja, he probably would have tendered for the contract to the agency in charge which Alabi rightly stated and won the contract. Don't be surprised a company based in osogbo will bid and tender to the agency in charge and be given that of sokoto to rehabilitate.

citygarden:
Why his name was there as sponsor of the project? He is only looking for an excuse. All na scam

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akin Alabi: Why My Health Centre Project In Ibadan Is ‘Too Small’ by hush15: 3:00pm On Dec 24, 2020
Sheuns:

Looking at the health center you’ll see it’s very small. I’m not advocating for a large health center, but at least a 10-15 bed capacity should do.

The pedestrian bridges you mentioned in Lagos were useful when first made and even till this moment. People just don’t want to use them.

Which useful! But lemme not change the discuss, village people won't stay in hospital over night. Moreover, its more overhead cos so much more then needs to be put in place from facilities to human resources for a structure that caters to less than 10 people probably on a weekly bases.

PHC are usually an outpatient outpost and are not for keeping patients for more that 24hrs. Any need to keep a patient will be transferred to a standard hospital or GH.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akin Alabi: Why My Health Centre Project In Ibadan Is ‘Too Small’ by authority2006(m): 3:08pm On Dec 24, 2020
princeogbeide1:
He is bold to call it small village meanwhile it will someday become a big village. What stops him form building a standard healthcare centre that will benefit the neighbouring villages and bring some level of development in his village which will likely yield revenue generation. This is Greed and foolishness at the peak. This building cost 0.0007 percent of residential house. The masses are irrelevant to eyes of our so called leaders.

He sad he didn't build it, he renovated it.
He said that the place doesn't have more than 5 patients a day only if they have a patient at all.
In my neighbour, there is this small beautiful health center like this, it has three qualified nurses two helpers. It was closed down twice because nurses always complain of lack of patients. I guess his explanation fell on deaf ears.
Must everything be big and be useless and serve no purpose because I don't understand?

hush15:

Which useful! But lemme not change the discuss, village people won't stay in hospital over night. Moreover, its more overhead cos so much more then needs to be put in place from facilities to human resources for a structure that caters to less than 10 people probably on a weekly bases.

PHC are usually an outpatient outpost and are not for keeping patients for more that 24hrs. Any need to keep a patient will be transferred to a standard hospital or GH.

Thank you. You understand this matter perfectly.
Re: Akin Alabi: Why My Health Centre Project In Ibadan Is ‘Too Small’ by mattfeuter(m): 3:14pm On Dec 24, 2020
authority2006:

He sad he didn't build it, he renovated it.
He said that the place doesn't have more than 5 patients a day only if they have a patient at all.
In my neighbour, there is this small beautiful health center like this, it has three qualified nurses two helpers. It was closed down twice because nurses always complain of lack of patients. I guess his explanation fell on deaf ears.
Must everything be big and be useless and serve no purpose because I don't understand?

Thank you. You understand this matter perfectly.

You can’t understand because you have a small mind.
Re: Akin Alabi: Why My Health Centre Project In Ibadan Is ‘Too Small’ by lanzie90: 3:28pm On Dec 24, 2020
onegig:
People are gullible and we have too many ignorant people in this country.

Most are educated but not literate(i.e can make logical inferences and thoughts).

What do you want from a PHC? It is an outpatient post. The nurses even close for work by 6pm . They don't even have standby doctors. What they have mostly is visiting doctors who come on specifics dates. They don't run shifts in most PHCs or 247 services.

What they do is to take in patients , examine them, treat them if those are minor ailments like snake bites, cholera, dysentery, headaches, immunization , Malaria or basic hygiene issues , and if they need to be referred they would do so to a secondary health care center.

They sometimes have Maternity Wards if it is a remote area and most of the health workers are people living in the communities or close-by so in cases of basic emergencies they are easily accessible.

Also size is of no essence if it is not efficient and easily maintained. What's the population of the area? how many people would access such facilities on a daily basis? Those are things you should be asking after.

What do you guys want? A white elephant project in a Village with about 2000 to 5000 inhabitants?

I would rather have 10 of these scattered in various communities than a massive hospital that serves no purpose.

Exactly!!!!
This is a health post which functions as a provider of very basic healthcare needs in remote areas. Most Nigerian graduates are educated illiterates and you expect the country to move forward??

1 Like

Re: Akin Alabi: Why My Health Centre Project In Ibadan Is ‘Too Small’ by Sheuns(m): 3:39pm On Dec 24, 2020
hush15:

Okay. You’re right.
Re: Akin Alabi: Why My Health Centre Project In Ibadan Is ‘Too Small’ by jaxxy(m): 3:51pm On Dec 24, 2020
Show people before and after?
Re: Akin Alabi: Why My Health Centre Project In Ibadan Is ‘Too Small’ by oyoman(m): 3:55pm On Dec 24, 2020
Nawao
For this small rehabilitation work
National consultant: Abuja
Zonal consultant: Abuja
Contractor: Abuja
Project site: ibadan

Does it mean non of the people he claims to represent can deliver.
It's quite unfortunate
Re: Akin Alabi: Why My Health Centre Project In Ibadan Is ‘Too Small’ by abbey621(m): 4:03pm On Dec 24, 2020
Adrian9:
What is wrong with going the extra mile and expanding the place? Will he be beaten?,if na to tiff money do nonessential things for them selves power go dey.

Is it the job of lawmakers to build health centers or infrastructure?
Re: Akin Alabi: Why My Health Centre Project In Ibadan Is ‘Too Small’ by abbey621(m): 4:04pm On Dec 24, 2020
oyoman:
Nawao
For this small rehabilitation work
National consultant: Abuja
Zonal consultant: Abuja
Contractor: Abuja
Project site: ibadan

Does it mean non of the people he claims to represent can deliver.
It's quite unfortunate

Read man, read! He has no say in the contractors, it is all routed by an agency! In fact, wetin concern lawmaker with infrastructure projects?
Re: Akin Alabi: Why My Health Centre Project In Ibadan Is ‘Too Small’ by jkbee(m): 5:18pm On Dec 24, 2020
Tripitaka:
The problem with the Nigerian political space is that, no matter how woeful, insipid, clueless, miserable and wicked a politician is, there will always be a majority cheering them on.

If you criticise them, their cheerleaders will automatically switch to the tested and trusted ethno-religious antics of divide and conquer that has always worked magic.

I would never understand how these cheerleaders sleep at night.

You u nailed it Baba, many people's conscience in this country are dead having being sold for money. It's so pathetic.

1 Like

Re: Akin Alabi: Why My Health Centre Project In Ibadan Is ‘Too Small’ by authority2006(m): 5:19pm On Dec 24, 2020
mattfeuter:

You can’t understand because you have a small mind.

Thank you, the man with big empty mind.
Re: Akin Alabi: Why My Health Centre Project In Ibadan Is ‘Too Small’ by Bizibi(m): 5:28pm On Dec 24, 2020
Acidosis:
For how long are we going to school Nigerians that lawmakers do not award contracts?? The best you can do as a lawmaker is to provide the location and the type of project. MDAs in Abuja are in charge of project delivery.

For how long please? We keep attacking the wrong people. Some Directors in Abuja are currently laughing are the f00lishness on this thread.

How do y'all think these directors buy 48 houses with a 500k salary??

BTW, this building is a primary health centre. This should be among the biggest I have seen in Lagos state and the whole of the south. You people want the size of LASUTH for a primary health centre? Na ma.dness??
it is not like that in every mda.
Re: Akin Alabi: Why My Health Centre Project In Ibadan Is ‘Too Small’ by Elmojiid(m): 5:34pm On Dec 24, 2020
princeogbeide1:
He is bold to call it small village meanwhile it will someday become a big village. What stops him form building a standard healthcare centre that will benefit the neighbouring villages and bring some level of development in his village which will likely yield revenue generation. This is Greed and foolishness at the peak. This building cost 0.0007 percent of residential house. The masses are irrelevant to eyes of our so called leaders.
no mind him oo he is from ajiwogbo i mean that village
Re: Akin Alabi: Why My Health Centre Project In Ibadan Is ‘Too Small’ by onegig(m): 6:54pm On Dec 24, 2020
lanzie90:

Exactly!!!!
This is a health post which functions as a provider of very basic healthcare needs in remote areas. Most Nigerian graduates are educated illiterates and you expect the country to move forward??

Honestly , More reason the old ones would use them to play kalo kalo for long.

Most think government resources are unlimited so because you want to build a basic health post you should build a gigantic irrelevant building in the middle of no where. Who would maintain such edifice in a community of 1000 persons?

Even one was saying "he is sure it doesn't have neccessary equipments like a Ventilator". Ventilator in a PHC? Are the youths this dumb?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akin Alabi: Why My Health Centre Project In Ibadan Is ‘Too Small’ by Toyeee(m): 7:53pm On Dec 24, 2020
JulleyJ:
Lame excuses
Do you know I pass through this so called village every day and it just 20-25minutes to Iwo road in Ibadan! Can we call that a small village...Nigeria need serious transformation.
Re: Akin Alabi: Why My Health Centre Project In Ibadan Is ‘Too Small’ by nerorex01: 9:44pm On Dec 24, 2020
You get sense o jare

MutualRetail:
Why is it so small:
Blame my greed.

Why was it awarded to an Abuja contractor:
That's the only way I could pad the bills.

Do you think embezzling funds is very easy like that.
Re: Akin Alabi: Why My Health Centre Project In Ibadan Is ‘Too Small’ by 1759ademola(m): 10:18pm On Dec 24, 2020
You give them a mansion through your votes, they give you a hut.
Re: Akin Alabi: Why My Health Centre Project In Ibadan Is ‘Too Small’ by KingAD16(m): 11:49pm On Dec 24, 2020
Tripitaka:
The problem with the Nigerian political space is that, no matter how woeful, insipid, clueless, miserable and wicked a politician is, there will always be a majority cheering them on.

If you criticise them, their cheerleaders will automatically switch to the tested and trusted ethno-religious antics of divide and conquer that has always worked magic.

I would never understand how these cheerleaders sleep at night.

Good job

1 Like

Re: Akin Alabi: Why My Health Centre Project In Ibadan Is ‘Too Small’ by naturefellow(m): 6:25am On Dec 25, 2020
thebosstrevor1:
You can not impress children of satan.

If you like build a massive health center reaching to the skies they will still complain...negativity has eaten deep into their soul]
Omo Jesu. Pele o! Merry Christmas undecided
Re: Akin Alabi: Why My Health Centre Project In Ibadan Is ‘Too Small’ by Adrian9(m): 4:50am On Dec 27, 2020
abbey621:

Is it the job of lawmakers to build health centers or infrastructure?
I get your point, but with that kind of a salary+allowance, what's wrong with that?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2023: My Presidential Ambition Is Speculative ― Goodluck Jonathan / Tinubu: We Are Not Going Into Cabinet Meetings To Preach Religious Sermons / Subsidy: I’m Sorry For The Next President – Sanusi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.