Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,946 members, 7,835,143 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:58 AM

Akin Alabi: Why My Health Centre Project In Ibadan Is ‘Too Small’ - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akin Alabi: Why My Health Centre Project In Ibadan Is ‘Too Small’ (26016 Views)

Gov Yahaya Bello Inspects Ongoing 15,000 Capacity Kogi Civic Centre Project / Nairabet Owner, Akin Alabi Wins National Assembly Election / CEO Of Betting Company, Akin Alabi Cries Out As Man Won N24m With N1,500 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akin Alabi: Why My Health Centre Project In Ibadan Is ‘Too Small’ by whela(m): 1:23pm On Dec 24, 2020
undecided
Re: Akin Alabi: Why My Health Centre Project In Ibadan Is ‘Too Small’ by supereagle(m): 1:23pm On Dec 24, 2020
baby124:
Because at your small age you are managing two wives with constituency money. One will think your lotto money will be enough to feed you and your wives. But it’s like you needed the constituency money too.

Does he have two wives?
Re: Akin Alabi: Why My Health Centre Project In Ibadan Is ‘Too Small’ by citygarden(m): 1:24pm On Dec 24, 2020
Why his name was there as sponsor of the project? He is only looking for an excuse. All na scam

2 Likes

Re: Akin Alabi: Why My Health Centre Project In Ibadan Is ‘Too Small’ by wunmi590(m): 1:25pm On Dec 24, 2020
cool
Re: Akin Alabi: Why My Health Centre Project In Ibadan Is ‘Too Small’ by Johnnyessence(m): 1:26pm On Dec 24, 2020
All of them na scammer jare. until restructuring takes place then you will know that they are very lazy to do their assignment to the people. Akin Alabi cash out almost 15m naira per month but can't built standard health that can take care of safe delivery of babies. nairabet owner bleeped up big time. egbeda/ona Ara people should votes him out in 2023.
Re: Akin Alabi: Why My Health Centre Project In Ibadan Is ‘Too Small’ by subcbouy: 1:26pm On Dec 24, 2020
After all you will add it to brag later to us your achievement in office. we know all of the politician styles.

1 Like

Re: Akin Alabi: Why My Health Centre Project In Ibadan Is ‘Too Small’ by Equal2DeTask(m): 1:28pm On Dec 24, 2020
Patrioticman007:
See them, wailers

You have personal problem with the Igbo race?
Re: Akin Alabi: Why My Health Centre Project In Ibadan Is ‘Too Small’ by Nobody: 1:28pm On Dec 24, 2020
You can't even make it solar powered. Atleast make dem fit enjoy fan
Re: Akin Alabi: Why My Health Centre Project In Ibadan Is ‘Too Small’ by anungangampu: 1:29pm On Dec 24, 2020
baby124:
Because at your small age you are managing two wives with constituency money. One will think your lotto money will be enough to feed you and your wives. But it’s like you needed the constituency money too.
why na
Re: Akin Alabi: Why My Health Centre Project In Ibadan Is ‘Too Small’ by spencekat(m): 1:30pm On Dec 24, 2020
princeogbeide1:
He is bold to call it small village meanwhile[b][/b] it will someday become a big village.[b][/b] What stops him form building a standard healthcare centre that will benefit the neighbouring villages and bring some level of development in his village which will likely yield revenue generation. This is Greed and foolishness at the peak. This building cost 0.0007 percent of residential house. The masses are irrelevant to eyes of our so called leaders.
You are intelligent.
Re: Akin Alabi: Why My Health Centre Project In Ibadan Is ‘Too Small’ by bluefilm: 1:32pm On Dec 24, 2020
Is NairaBET still existing?
Re: Akin Alabi: Why My Health Centre Project In Ibadan Is ‘Too Small’ by Trustedpro: 1:32pm On Dec 24, 2020
Mumu, I thought this man is a politician... Just say you built the security room first to secure the goods coming from China.
Re: Akin Alabi: Why My Health Centre Project In Ibadan Is ‘Too Small’ by Lashist(m): 1:33pm On Dec 24, 2020
thebosstrevor1:
You can not impress children of satan.

If you like build a massive health center reaching to the skies they will still complain...negativity has eaten deep into their soul
shut up your satanic mouth...even he himself is explaining bcus he knows there is nothing impressive about that project for a big community in this era...but satanic supporters like you will have tell him its a huge project and he has done so much already

1 Like

Re: Akin Alabi: Why My Health Centre Project In Ibadan Is ‘Too Small’ by Acidosis(m): 1:34pm On Dec 24, 2020
For how long are we going to school Nigerians that lawmakers do not award contracts?? The best you can do as a lawmaker is to provide the location and the type of project. MDAs in Abuja are in charge of project delivery.

For how long please? We keep attacking the wrong people. Some Directors in Abuja are currently laughing are the f00lishness on this thread.

How do y'all think these directors buy 48 houses with a 500k salary??

BTW, this building is a primary health centre. This should be among the biggest I have seen in Lagos state and the whole of the south. You people want the size of LASUTH for a primary health centre? Na ma.dness??
Re: Akin Alabi: Why My Health Centre Project In Ibadan Is ‘Too Small’ by onegig(m): 1:34pm On Dec 24, 2020
People are gullible and we have too many ignorant people in this country.

Most are educated but not literate(i.e can make logical inferences and thoughts).

What do you want from a PHC? It is an outpatient post. The nurses even close for work by 6pm . They don't even have standby doctors. What they have mostly is visiting doctors who come on specifics dates. They don't run shifts in most PHCs or 247 services.

What they do is to take in patients , examine them, treat them if those are minor ailments like snake bites, cholera, dysentery, headaches, immunization , Malaria or basic hygiene issues , and if they need to be referred they would do so to a secondary health care center.

They sometimes have Maternity Wards if it is a remote area and most of the health workers are people living in the communities or close-by so in cases of basic emergencies they are easily accessible.

Also size is of no essence if it is not efficient and easily maintained. What's the population of the area? how many people would access such facilities on a daily basis? Those are things you should be asking after.

What do you guys want? A white elephant project in a Village with about 2000 to 5000 inhabitants?

I would rather have 10 of these scattered in various communities than a massive hospital that serves no purpose.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akin Alabi: Why My Health Centre Project In Ibadan Is ‘Too Small’ by Nobody: 1:35pm On Dec 24, 2020
Always avoid the urge to shalaye to ignorant fools
Re: Akin Alabi: Why My Health Centre Project In Ibadan Is ‘Too Small’ by Fmghewzy(m): 1:37pm On Dec 24, 2020
This nonsense should be converted to a public toilet,why do these people like disgracing us bayii.
Can he use a health center like this.
Re: Akin Alabi: Why My Health Centre Project In Ibadan Is ‘Too Small’ by TemmyT002(m): 1:40pm On Dec 24, 2020
Whatever you do, big or small, people go complain. So do whatever you want.

1 Like

Re: Akin Alabi: Why My Health Centre Project In Ibadan Is ‘Too Small’ by hush15: 1:41pm On Dec 24, 2020
JulleyJ:
Lame excuses

Not lame my brother. Its pretty justifiable. Am not saying it can't be better but it's all about efficiency. If a small remote village that depends more on their herbs than the health center has few people utilizing it, why build something gigantic when it will just be another sinkhole.

What is important is the connection to healthcare and proper utilization. So, its OK. I hope the village community grows and attract more development.

3 Likes

Re: Akin Alabi: Why My Health Centre Project In Ibadan Is ‘Too Small’ by Sheuns(m): 1:44pm On Dec 24, 2020
Shortsightedness. All because it is a small village now means it will never grow to become bigger in the future. The same shortsightedness the older political leaders had is same thing you are displaying. They’ll be like “let’s make the road 2 lanes, the population of the people using it isn’t much now”. Olodo People.

1 Like

Re: Akin Alabi: Why My Health Centre Project In Ibadan Is ‘Too Small’ by hush15: 1:45pm On Dec 24, 2020
onegig:
People are gullible and we have too many ignorant people in this country.

Most are educated but not literate(i.e can make logical inferences and thoughts).

What do you want from a PHC? It is an outpatient post. The nurses even close for work by 6pm . They don't even have standby doctors. What they have mostly is visiting doctors who come on specifics dates. They don't run shifts in most PHCs or 247 services.

What they do is to take in patients , examine them, treat them if those are minor ailments like snake bites, cholera, dysentery, headaches, immunization , Malaria or basic hygiene issues , and if they need to be referred they would do so to a secondary health care center.

They sometimes have Maternity Wards if it is a remote area and most of the health workers are people living in the communities or close-by so in cases of basic emergencies they are easily accessible.

Also size is of no essence if it is not efficient and easily maintained. What's the population of the area? how many people would access such facilities on a daily basis? Those are things you should be asking after.

What do you guys want? A white elephant project in a Village with about 2000 to 5000 inhabitants?

I would rather have 10 of these scattered in various communities than a massive hospital that serves no purpose.

2000 to 5000 ke!

That's an over stretch. Small village like that no even enter 1000 sef. I agree with you jare. Compliments.

1 Like

Re: Akin Alabi: Why My Health Centre Project In Ibadan Is ‘Too Small’ by mountmoriah(m): 1:49pm On Dec 24, 2020
fabianiyobosa:
How much was spent?
Re: Akin Alabi: Why My Health Centre Project In Ibadan Is ‘Too Small’ by hush15: 1:50pm On Dec 24, 2020
Sheuns:
Shortsightedness. All because it is a small village now means it will never grow to become bigger in the future. The same shortsightedness the older political leaders had is same thing you are displaying. They’ll be like “let’s make the road 2 lanes, the population of the people using it isn’t much now”. Olodo People.

Common. Even in Lagos, rural development takes so long to develop, if it ever does anyway. Not to talk of one remote village in Oyo.

They should work on efficiency. I don't agree with building giant buildings in a location where you have less that a thousand population with less than 5%/of that population utilizing the structure.

Even in Lagos where we have pedestrian bridges but no pedestrian using it, they turn out useless.
Re: Akin Alabi: Why My Health Centre Project In Ibadan Is ‘Too Small’ by jditimiya(m): 2:01pm On Dec 24, 2020
Oga you try how many of them for that house fit do this kind of project? He was able to tell his people that he can do more when more fund comes.
Re: Akin Alabi: Why My Health Centre Project In Ibadan Is ‘Too Small’ by Newtonis: 2:10pm On Dec 24, 2020
thebosstrevor1:

If you like build a massive health center reaching to the skies they will still complain...negativity has eaten deep into their soul
What do you mean in essence? shocked shocked
Re: Akin Alabi: Why My Health Centre Project In Ibadan Is ‘Too Small’ by Sheuns(m): 2:16pm On Dec 24, 2020
hush15:

Common. Even in Lagos, rural development takes so long to develop, if it ever does anyway. Not to talk of one remote village in Oyo.

They should work on efficiency. I don't agree with building giant buildings in a location where you have less that a thousand population with less than 5%/of that population utilizing the structure.

Even in Lagos where we have pedestrian bridges but no pedestrian using it, they turn out useless.

Looking at the health center you’ll see it’s very small. I’m not advocating for a large health center, but at least a 10-15 bed capacity should do.

The pedestrian bridges you mentioned in Lagos were useful when first made and even till this moment. People just don’t want to use them.
Re: Akin Alabi: Why My Health Centre Project In Ibadan Is ‘Too Small’ by K0y3: 2:21pm On Dec 24, 2020
You're wrong, you don't know how these things work.
He can't and won't get a dime from it. It's not his project, it's a federal government project. he only facilitated this to his constituency by virtue of being the member representing the region which falls under his constituent. Several rehabilitation like these are ongoing all over the nation.

MutualRetail:
Why is it so small:
Blame my greed.

Why was it awarded to an Abuja contractor:
That's the only way I could pad the bills.

Do you think embezzling funds is very easy like that.

1 Like

Re: Akin Alabi: Why My Health Centre Project In Ibadan Is ‘Too Small’ by membranus: 2:21pm On Dec 24, 2020
thebosstrevor1:

So what's impressive about this paint-over rehabilitation project for a suppossedly rich senator or house member to be bragging or chest-beating about?

Or what's so grand about it that it needs a contractor from Abuja to execute?

And what's so prideful about it that you his paid promoter would find ii worthy enough to insult us angry Nigerians who have been cheated of our patrimony with this over-bloated contract?

Did you asked your boss the unmentionable cost of the shameful project in a remote village before you opened your ignorant mouth to insult us?

Maybe he would have told you it took millions of our tax to swindle this garbage project out of the nation's pocket.
Re: Akin Alabi: Why My Health Centre Project In Ibadan Is ‘Too Small’ by K0y3: 2:26pm On Dec 24, 2020
He did not renovate it, the federal government did. He only influenced this particular health care center in his constituency to be amongst the ones to be renovated by virtue of being a member HoR. There are several basic health centers currently being rehabilitated across the nation.

paulolee:
not a valid excuse coming from a him, I expect more than this because even if he wants to renovate the old center, he can still expand and build a bigger one because the land have enough space..
so this is what he have to give ibadan even after all the money him don chop from youths via nairabet..
I wonder if he can have the balls to come up with this kinda joke assuming we are in election year and he is seeking for votes....iranu..
Re: Akin Alabi: Why My Health Centre Project In Ibadan Is ‘Too Small’ by Okoroawusa: 2:27pm On Dec 24, 2020
princeogbeide1:
He is bold to call it small village meanwhile it will someday become a big village. What stops him form building a standard healthcare centre that will benefit the neighbouring villages and bring some level of development in his village which will likely yield revenue generation. This is Greed and foolishness at the peak. This building cost 0.0007 percent of residential house. The masses are irrelevant to eyes of our so called leaders.
Upon all the explanation? It was boldly written up there "rehabilitated"...is there a spirit that stops people on Nairaland from reading before they comment?
Re: Akin Alabi: Why My Health Centre Project In Ibadan Is ‘Too Small’ by iamhorpey(m): 2:28pm On Dec 24, 2020
princeogbeide1:
He is bold to call it small village meanwhile it will someday become a big village. What stops him form building a standard healthcare centre that will benefit the neighbouring villages and bring some level of development in his village which will likely yield revenue generation. This is Greed and foolishness at the peak. This building cost 0.0007 percent of residential house. The masses are irrelevant to eyes of our so called leaders.
He just showed how myopic he reasoned and that he has no foresight for being unable to expand it. He initially posted it to be praised but when things changed, he changed the narrative. All politicians are the same.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Subsidy: I’m Sorry For The Next President – Sanusi / INEC Voter Education: Tinubu Rejects Okoye's Renewal, Olumekun Heads Committee / Sell Helicopter To Pay Workers, PDP Tells Aregbesola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.