Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,576 members, 7,820,073 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:19 AM

I Did Not Rape Christiana - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / I Did Not Rape Christiana (14934 Views)

I Did Not Rape Christiana / "My Journey Through Singlehood" By Christiana Okafor - A Christian Fiction / I Did Not Say I Am A Biafran - Chimamanda Adichie (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Did Not Rape Christiana by ThrillPlus: 5:09pm On Jan 30, 2021
Cool
Re: I Did Not Rape Christiana by CasNova: 9:10pm On Jan 30, 2021
Cool
Re: I Did Not Rape Christiana by FairCritic(m): 5:21am On Feb 01, 2021
Ride on
Re: I Did Not Rape Christiana by SeyiDominion: 4:31am On Feb 04, 2021
She hushed me by putting three of her her fingers on my lips. Her other hand held my hand and lifted it to her chest. At this point, I lost the the last of the control that I had.

Some minutes later, when the whole lustful act was over, I felt disgusted with her. Now, was this not making someone sucumb to sexual activity willy-nilly? Was this not rape?

'You can't tell me you didn't enjoy it,' she scoffed as she wore her clothes back. I was silent but myriads of thought went through my mind. I imagined Faith coming in that moment. She would never believe I did it under duress. I shook my head. Somehow, I just had to find a way to stop this lustful affairs with Christy.

She seemed satisfied. 'Alright, see you another time.'

I could barely mutter a word as she left my place. Now, see what you have got yourself into, I told myself. Somehow, Faith looked precious. She
looked like the kind of lady a man must not hurt. Doing this dalliance with Christy would no doubt cause a lot of angst. I must stop it. I must not hurt Faith.

The following morning, I woke up as early as I used to do to start preparing for school. I was always punctual to school as I believed that punctuality is indeed the soul of business. After the morning assembly, I went to my desk to start reading my lesson note in preparation for the first subject that I had. Mrs. Ara entered the staff room and came straight to my desk.

'Good morning, Mr. Aloh.'

'Good morning, madam. How are we this morning?' I greeted jovially.

'Fine. Mrs. Obenbe wants to see you in her office right now.'

I looked surprised. 'Me?'

'Yes.'

I sighed. 'Alright, I'll be coming.'

I wondered why the madam wanted to see me so early. Could it be that the school was invited for another quiz progrqmme? Or could it be a
debate?

I left my table and walked briskly to Mrs. Obenbe's office. I was surprised to find Christy already in the office, looking sober.

'Good morning, madam,' I greeted the woman.

'Good morning.' Her answer was curt and cold. My heart started beating fast.

'Christiana has reported the unfortunate incident that happened yesterday,' Mrs. Obenbe said.

I looked befuddled. 'What unfortunate incident?' I managed to ask.

'She reported that she came to your house so that you can assist her in the external examination she is preparing to write; and all you can do is
to rape her.'

'What!' Now, I was scandalized. 'There's no such thing!'

'Don't you just try to deny it,' Christy said.

I turned to her. 'Deny what? What the hell are you talking about?'

'Was Christiana in your house yesterday evening?' Mrs. Obenbe asked.

'Yes, she was, but ...'

'Did you have sexual intercourse with her?'

I looked like a cornered rabbit. I should have suspected that Christy was on an evil mission. I should have known that she would set me up.

'Answer the question: did you have sexual intercourse with her or not?' Mrs Obenbe queried.

'Yes, but, it was mutual. I did not force her.'

I Did Not Rape Christiana: https://okadabooks.com/book/about/i_did_not_rape_christiana/39587
Re: I Did Not Rape Christiana by Saturn101: 5:40pm On Feb 04, 2021
Nice update
Re: I Did Not Rape Christiana by ThrillPlus: 12:43am On Feb 05, 2021
Cool
Re: I Did Not Rape Christiana by Solsix(m): 7:42am On Feb 05, 2021
It's always good to be dicipline
Re: I Did Not Rape Christiana by FairCritic(m): 2:18pm On Feb 05, 2021
More....
Re: I Did Not Rape Christiana by Awesome05: 8:39pm On Feb 05, 2021
Nice update
Re: I Did Not Rape Christiana by LoveToRead: 10:10am On Feb 06, 2021
Cool story.
Re: I Did Not Rape Christiana by kweensheba: 7:41pm On Feb 06, 2021
Nice work
Re: I Did Not Rape Christiana by ThrillPlus: 6:59am On Feb 07, 2021
Go on
Re: I Did Not Rape Christiana by SeyiDominion: 6:56pm On Feb 09, 2021
I looked like a cornered rabbit. I should have suspected that Christy was on an evil mission. I should have known that she would set me up.

'Answer the question: did you have sexual intercourse with her or not?' Mrs Obenbe queried.

'Yes, but, it was mutual. I did not force her.'

Mrs. Obenbe looked at me in disgust. 'I can't believe that you, of all people will get yourself in a scandal like this. I used to have so much respect
for you. How could you rape her?'

'But I didn't rape her,' I replied in astonishment. I was embarrassed and angry at the same time. How could Christy do this to me? How could she
claim that I raped her?

'You're lucky,' Mrs. Obenbe went on. 'You are lucky that Christiana does not want to formally press charges; if not you will be handed over to the
police. All the same, you know how this school frowns at gross misconduct. You will have to face a disciplinary panel later today. The school
seriously frowns at acts like this. Go back to your desk but don't go to any class. As soon as the Disciplinary Committee is ready to meet, we will
call you.'

I was aghast to say the least. It was unthinkable that I would be charged with rape. It was one crime I had never committed in my life. Now, I was
accused of it. I went back to my desk at the second staff-room. Since Faith was in the other staff-room, she was most likely oblivious of what
was happening. But she would soon know. By the time I faced the committee, everyone would know that I had been charged with a crime.

In the staff-room, while other teachers went for their classes, I sat down and brooded over my circumstance. What would I tell the Disciplinary
Committee? If I admitted that indeed Christy and I had sex, they would conclude that indeed I raped her. But I could not deny that sexual
activity happened between us, could I? Had I not admitted it to Mrs. Obenbe that 'something' happened between us? No way, I could not deny
that.

I thought of Faith. How would she take the whole thing? Would she go ahead with our relationship or would she stop it outright? If the
committee found me guilty as charged, the punishment could be suspension from work or outright dismissal. I crung at the thought. That
outcome certainly would not be palatable.

Few minutes to ten that morning, Mrs. Obenbe once again sent for me. It was time to face the committee. Inside Mrs. Obenbe's office were five
members of staff that constituted the committee. I was like someone facing trial in a magistrate court. Christy too was there.

Mrs. Obenbe opened the proceeding. 'Without wasting time, can you, Christiana, tell us what happened between you and Mr. Sunday Aloh
yesterday?'

Christy cleared her throat and told the committee members how she came to my house to get assistance on some subjects she was preparing to write. According to her, I had offered her a bottle of cold water which she took. Few minutes after she took it, she felt drowsy and slept off.
Several minutes later when she awoke, she discovered that she had been defiled. She was so ashamed that she just went home straight and it was only this morning she had the courage to tell someone.

I shook my head in disbelief.

'Now, Mr. Sunday Aloh, what can you say to this?' Mrs. Obenbe who also doubled as the committee chairperson asked.

'All that Christy said were tissues of lies,' I began. I went on to tell them how I had decided to end my affairs with her and how she had vowed
that I could not just 'dump' her like that.

'I didn't even want to do anything with her last night,' I concluded. 'She made me to do it.'

'You mean she still encouraged you to do 'it' after you have made her to sleep off?' Mr. Lanre, a man I suspected hated my guts, asked.

I Did Not Rape Christiana: https://okadabooks.com/book/about/i_did_not_rape_christiana/39587
Re: I Did Not Rape Christiana by BigBasher: 5:57am On Feb 10, 2021
Interesting
Re: I Did Not Rape Christiana by Roadsidetaylaw(m): 6:39am On Feb 10, 2021
Continue sir
Re: I Did Not Rape Christiana by ThrillPlus: 6:35am On Feb 11, 2021
Ride on
Re: I Did Not Rape Christiana by ChangeHolder(m): 9:59am On Feb 11, 2021
Nice story, serve us more doses and increase the frequency
Re: I Did Not Rape Christiana by Saturn101: 9:43pm On Feb 12, 2021
Carry on
Re: I Did Not Rape Christiana by BigBasher: 8:49pm On Feb 13, 2021
More
Re: I Did Not Rape Christiana by Saturn101: 8:46pm On Feb 15, 2021
More
Re: I Did Not Rape Christiana by SeyiDominion: 6:17am On Feb 16, 2021
I shook my head in disbelief.

'Now, Mr. Sunday Aloh, what can you say to this?' Mrs. Obenbe who also doubled as the committee chairperson asked.

'All that Christy said were tissues of lies,' I began. I went on to tell them how I had decided to end my affairs with her and how she had vowed that I could not just 'dump' her like that.

'I didn't even want to do anything with her last night,' I concluded. 'She made me to do it.'

'You mean she still encouraged you to do 'it' after you have made her to sleep off?' Mr. Lanre, a man I suspected hated my guts, asked.

'It's a lie from the pit of hell that I made her to fall asleep,' I said. 'Nothing like that ever happened. She was awake and alert through out the
time she was with me.'

They asked me to excuse them for a minute. By the time I was called in again, the august committee was ready to give its verdict.

'Mr. Aloh, you are hereby found guilty of indecent conduct and rape,' Mrs. Obenbe said summarily. 'And you're suspended from engagement
with this school indefinitely until further notice. Go and hand over all the school books in your care to your Head of Department.'

That was the verdict. I rose to my feet and returned to the staff-room. No one believed me, I thought grimly. No one believed that I did not rape
her. The fact was Christy was the one that should be charged and found guilty of indecent behaviour, but see how the table had been turned
against me.

I was packing my books when the suspension letter came. Everything was so fast. It was as if they were eager to get rid of me. I handed the
school books in my care to my HOD and left the school. He expressed sympathy for my ordeal, which was like cold comfort. It was only when I
was outside the premises that I decided to call Faith.

'Hello, darling,' I started. 'How're you?'

'Fine, Love. I'll be over to your staff room to see you during break.'

'Something terrible has happened, my dear.'

I could hear her as she caught her breath. 'What? What happened?'

'I've been accused of rape and have been suspended indefinitely.'

'What!' Her shock was palpable. 'You raped a female student?'

'No, it was not a student. The accusation was from one of the cleaners, the one called Christy.'

'Oh God, you raped Christiana?'

I winced. 'No, I didn't rape her. She was in my house and something happened between us, but I never raped her.'

'I can't believe this. You mean Christiana and you were lovers? Why then did you deceive me into starting a relationship with you?'

'I didn't deceive you. I told her it was all over between us and her bitterness led to this accusation.'

'But how would she make such an allegation if indeed you didn't do it?'

I sighed in exasperation. Yes, I knew the odds were against me, but I expected Faith to show some understanding. 'Can you make it to my place
this evening? I will tell you the whole truth and nothing but the truth.'

https://okadabooks.com/book/about/i_did_not_rape_christiana/39587

1 Like

Re: I Did Not Rape Christiana by Saturn101: 6:10pm On Feb 16, 2021
Nice update
Re: I Did Not Rape Christiana by Emeanua(m): 6:42pm On Feb 17, 2021
Still waiting for new update,
Re: I Did Not Rape Christiana by CasNova: 5:39am On Feb 19, 2021
Nice
Re: I Did Not Rape Christiana by LoveToRead: 9:16pm On Feb 19, 2021
Nice update
Re: I Did Not Rape Christiana by selingel: 7:24pm On Feb 20, 2021
hmmm
Re: I Did Not Rape Christiana by SeyiDominion: 3:16pm On Feb 21, 2021
Re: I Did Not Rape Christiana by kweensheba: 6:49pm On Feb 21, 2021
Nice update
Re: I Did Not Rape Christiana by Janet96(f): 5:29am On Feb 23, 2021
Interesting
Re: I Did Not Rape Christiana by SolaRaphael: 6:25pm On Feb 28, 2021
Go on
Re: I Did Not Rape Christiana by Saturn101: 4:53pm On Mar 02, 2021
Keep it coming.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Which Novel Has Made You Crack Your Rib With Laughter? / The One So Hot (18+) / Black Monday - A Crime Fiction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.