Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,701 members, 7,820,455 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:14 PM

I Did Not Rape Christiana - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / I Did Not Rape Christiana (14938 Views)

I Did Not Rape Christiana / "My Journey Through Singlehood" By Christiana Okafor - A Christian Fiction / I Did Not Say I Am A Biafran - Chimamanda Adichie (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Did Not Rape Christiana by BigBasher: 8:07pm On Mar 15, 2021
More.
Re: I Did Not Rape Christiana by SeyiDominion: 6:20pm On Mar 20, 2021
I winced. 'No, I didn't rape her. She was in my house and something happened between us, but I never raped her.'

'I can't believe this. You mean Christiana and you were lovers? Why then did you deceive me into starting a relationship with you?'

'I didn't deceive you. I told her it was all over between us and her bitterness led to this accusation.'

'But how would she make such an allegation if indeed you didn't do it?'

I sighed in exasperation. Yes, I knew the odds were against me, but I expected Faith to show some understanding. 'Can you make it to my place
this evening? I will tell you the whole truth and nothing but the truth.'

'Oh God, I still can't believe it.'

'I will explain everything to you,' I reiterated.

She cut the line. Would she believe me, or would she believe my traducer? I would have to wait to see.

By seven-thirty in the evening, I still had not seen Faith. Was she still coming? I called her line. It rang on and on without her responding to it. When it was minutes past eight, Faith had neither come nor picked my call. It was clear now that she was on the other side; on the side of those that believed I committed the rape.

I could not really blame Faith. It was difficult for a man to shake off accusation of rape. The man was always highly culpable. The situation meant I had to chart a new life for myself. I would have to forget about the college and about Faith. It would not be easy but I had no choice than to move on with life. I would have to start applying for a teaching job in other schools. I would take any that offered a fair pay, even if the pay was not as good as the one I earned at Gold-Cross College.

The following morning, I went to some high brow schools to drop my c.v. I also stepped up my on-line application. It was disheartening that I was an applicant once again. It was all my fault, I decided. I was the one that allowed lust to becloud my sense of reasoning. Now, I was paying for it.

I returned home tired. Though, I had some good money in savings, I must get another job before the savings drained out. I was thinking of what
to prepare when there was a knock on my door. Luridly, I thought Christy wanted to give me the knock-out by bringing policemen to arrest me. I
imagined being arrested and being in the dock for rape. Maybe I would not be convicted, I thought. Maybe, my lawyer would put up a good
defence and I would be discharged and acquitted.

I went to the door. 'Yes, who is it?'

'It's me, Faith.'

I was surprised. Faith? Had Faith finally come around to hear my defence? I opened the door for her.

'Good evening, Faith.'

'Good evening.'

I motioned her to a seat.

'It's all over the school now that you are a rapist,' she said.

I sighed and shook my head in dejection. 'Are you ready to listen to me for my explanation?'

'What explanation have you got?'

I nodded grimly. 'I didn't rape Christy,' I started. 'I'm so sorry to admit that sexual activity took place between us, but I didn't rape her.'

She stared at me. Did she believe me?

'Why did you invite her to your house?' she asked.

'I didn't invite her. She came on her own to make demand.'

I told Faith how the relationship between me and Christy started about a couple of weeks ago and what really transpired that evening of the
alleged rape. Faith listened intently. The next statement she made surprised me.

'I think I believe you.'

I was delighted. 'Oh, you do? Ah, thank God someone finally believes me.'

'But you should not have succumbed to her sexual demand.'

'Yes, I'm sorry about that. That was the blunder I made, and I'm so sorry about it.'

She nodded. 'I actually called Christiana and asked her some questions. From her answers, I believed she was lying.'

'Indeed, she was lying, but I've learnt my lesson. I will never allow this kind of thing to happen again.'

Again, she nodded. 'So, what are you doing with yourself right now?'

I Did Not Rape Christiana: https://okadabooks.com/book/about/i_did_not_rape_christiana/39587
Re: I Did Not Rape Christiana by Awesome05: 9:12am On Mar 21, 2021
Nice update.
Re: I Did Not Rape Christiana by Saturn101: 4:23pm On Mar 21, 2021
Interesting update.
Re: I Did Not Rape Christiana by FairCritic(m): 6:32am On Mar 23, 2021
Cool story.
Re: I Did Not Rape Christiana by Janet96(f): 10:28pm On Mar 23, 2021
Thanks for the update.
Re: I Did Not Rape Christiana by Abosede512(f): 1:29pm On Mar 25, 2021
Nice updates, weldone. More plsss

1 Like

Re: I Did Not Rape Christiana by SeyiDominion: 5:32pm On Mar 28, 2021
She nodded. 'I actually called Christiana and asked her some questions. From her answers, I believed she was lying.'

'Indeed, she was lying, but I've learnt my lesson. I will never allow this kind of thing to happen again.'

Again, she nodded. 'So, what are you doing with yourself right now?'

'I've started applying for job. Since I was suspended indefinitely, I believe the best thing is to look for another job instead of waiting till kingdom come for Gold-Cross to recall me.'

'Hmn. That's okay.'

'So, what can I offer you?' I asked.

'Maybe later. I just ate something before I left home.'

'What about drinks? I have fruit juice, malt and mineral drinks. Which one do you want?'

Faith smiled in appreciation. 'Thank you, Let me just relax for now. By the way, do you have a family photo album?'

'Sure, I did. Sorry, I didn't show it to you the other time you came.'

I brought out my photo album and she went through as if she was studying it. Occasionally she would ask who a person was, or on what occasion the picture was taken.

After going through all the pictures, she sighed and sat back. 'Maybe I can have the drinks now. I prefer the apple juice, please.'

I went to get it for her. I opened the pack in her presence and poured the content inside the glass cup.

'So, what are your interests? What'd you like to do at your spare time?' She lifted the cup and sipped.

'Reading and writing. I also like good movies.' Indeed, those were my old habits.

She nodded. 'I have almost the same interest.'

There was a long pause. The only sound was coming from the television. A drama was shown on the channel.

'You've really made my day.' I smiled pleasantly. 'I'm glad you came.'

'It's a pleasure.' She returned the smile.

We chatted a bit more and intermittently watched the television until it was past seven o'clock. She stretched her body and stood up.

'You don't know how glad I am that came,' I said zealously. 'You've really made my day darling. And I love you so much.'

'You're welcome.'

'Can I give you a hug?' I asked tentatively.

I Did Not Rape Christiana: https://okadabooks.com/book/about/i_did_not_rape_christiana/39587
Re: I Did Not Rape Christiana by Abosede512(f): 7:49pm On Mar 28, 2021
Thanks for the update
Re: I Did Not Rape Christiana by Janet96(f): 4:15am On Mar 31, 2021
Interesting
Re: I Did Not Rape Christiana by FairCritic(m): 7:02am On Apr 10, 2021
Ride on.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Which Novel Has Made You Crack Your Rib With Laughter? / Black Monday - A Crime Fiction / The One So Hot (18+)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.