Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,867 members, 7,828,089 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:04 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 - Travel (133) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (1320797 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) ... (886) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by krisbellman: 9:49am On Feb 06, 2021
Ibm08:
University of portsmouth

No other fee apart from the tuition fee of 3500 pounds. Their admission is swift

Thanks so much bro... I sent a message to the school for some days now and i have not gotten any response.
I saw this fee for MS in Information System ( Full-time – £17,600 (subject to annual increase) on the school website. Please i want to know if that amount is for the complete program or per year.

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Gracedom: 9:55am On Feb 06, 2021
Veejaytv1:
I have started lectures online and I'm doing and submit assignments already for this session, I don't know what to do now cry

I really feel bad about this, though I can’t help but I sure know how you will be feeling esp following your story right from when you started complaining of them not calling and asking what you can do, it can be depressing cos someone like me, my mind has left Nigeria and was already living in UK even before visa application, it’s really an uneasy trying phase, it’s like dashing your hopes but it’s not for too long, ppl have had more than 6 refusals and waited years but survived the “trials”.

Pls put urself together, look for a school that has April/May intake and start applying so u can reapply for visa. I’m yet to see an administrative review that came out successful except on few occasions and u will see that they took timmmmeeee. (Unless the successful ones don’t post about it anyway).

So choose bro, do you just want justice no matter how long which can still go either ways? Or you really want to have a successful/easier application process to study in the UK?

Think about it calmly and choose, the earlier the better too. #Hugs

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by SusanDaves069(f): 9:57am On Feb 06, 2021
nicerichard05:

I going to Ulster may. I to pay my deposit on monday though. Have they told you abt the pre CAS interview Pls respond to your PM

Replied
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Veejaytv1: 10:28am On Feb 06, 2021
Priority

nicerichard05:

Was ur app priority or standard
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Veejaytv1: 10:33am On Feb 06, 2021
I mailed them like 3 hours after the intended call, that i didn't receive any calls and they never responded to me, and I mailed again yesterday morning I didn't receive any calls as well it was later that day I got the letter
slimdolyin:
See you need to understand the administrative review well before you waste over 3month of your time.
If it was an error from the ECO they will granted visa but if not they will refuse.
The work of the person doing the administrative review is to check if the ECO called you not to start checking your call logs.
So think about it well.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by SamReinvented: 11:07am On Feb 06, 2021
Veejaytv1:
That's why I'm get an income call log history attached with my review and the emails I have made, this not my fault and knowing it's Nigeria he should have at least try to contact me by email, they made a mistake with time but I corrected them days before the interview, I mailed 3 hours after I didn't get the call I expected them to mail saying we could get to you provide a new details I guess, but I guess the escalation I made spooked him or her up with the letter, I'm just confused and sad

First of all... don’t admit fault to yourself or “Nigerian network provider”. The fault might as well be from UKVI or their own network. It might even be that they were calling the wrong number (there’s a situation I know where this was the case). You didn’t get the call, period! That’s as much as you know. Attach your official call history to buttress it (you can request this from your network provider, like bank statement).

You shouldn’t take the fall for anything that isn’t your fault. Apply for administrative review if you have time. Remember again, never admit fault or blame it on anything you don’t know about. Don’t assume any Nigerian situation caused it. Just affirm on what you’re sure of... which is YOU DIDN’T GET ANY CALLS. Explanation on why that is the case is not your business.

21 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Veejaytv1: 11:13am On Feb 06, 2021
Thank you so much for this sir

SamReinvented:

First of all... don’t admit fault to yourself or “Nigerian network provider”. The fault might as well be from UKVI or their own network. It might even be that they were calling the wrong number (there’s a situation I know where this was the case). You didn’t get the call, period! That’s as much as you know. Attach your official call history to buttress it (you can request this from your network provider, like bank statement).

You shouldn’t take the fall for anything that isn’t your fault. Apply for administrative review if you have time. Remember again, never admit fault or blame it on anything you don’t know about. Don’t assume any Nigerian situation caused it. Just affirm on what you’re sure of... which is YOU DIDN’T GET ANY CALLS. Explanation on why that is the case is not your business.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by LoveArsenal: 11:22am On Feb 06, 2021
Veejaytv1:
Please I need an advise right now please I don't know what do I have gone to the network office to request for my call history, I got my refusal letter today because they called and they said I didn't pick, which I never saw any call or missed call please help me with with advise @justwise @babajeje123 and any one who can advise me I'm depressed right now, I did everything perfectly, sent an email after I waited 3 hours yesterday and several people have called me with international numbers and it came through what do I need to apply for administrative review please?

A very terrible decision on the part of ECO.

My advise to you will be to follow through with an Administrative review and I will explain below:

1. On balance of credibility, it serves you more advantage than disadvantage to go for AR. This decision left unchallenged will impact your future application. It is also an acceptance of guilt. Even if AR was unsuccessful, you have made it known that it was not your fault.

2. It is unlikely that the University will issue you with another CAS to reapply immediately. On balance of probability, you will be asked to defer till September. So you have enough time on your hands to challenge this decision. If it is successful, the refusal will be struck off record. If it is not, it can't be worse that it is. But you have made your voice known.

3. Finally, while the ECO maybe perceived to have follow the rules " he called, it rang you didn't pick", an email you sent 3 hours later, is a flag to let the ECO know that you have not have received the call. In regards to the decision you did not speak to them therefore it can be explained as a network error which is outside your control. On UKVI, non attendance of interview should lead to refusal however when a valid reason beyond the control of the applicant is provided it must be considered. E.g. medical reasons. In your case, network issues.

Explain in admin review and submit the evidence of the emails and your calls records showing that you did not receive the calls 3 times as stated therefore this is unfair to be penalised for not attending interview and decision should be reconsidered. You do have a good chance as you can provide evidence.

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by mattfeuter(m): 11:42am On Feb 06, 2021
Veejaytv1:
I mailed them like 3 hours after the intended call, that i didn't receive any calls and they never responded to me, and I mailed again yesterday morning I didn't receive any calls as well it was later that day I got the letter

The issue with you is that you are looking for what you want to read, not the truth.

Someone had exactly like your case last year, complained and got phone record from MTN and everything. Just like you, he went for admin review and it came out unsuccessful after 2 months. The reviewer just told him he saw that he was called according to their own record and he didn’t pick, so therefore, the refusal stands.

After the AR, they gave him an option of a judiciary review in the court of law. (do you really want to go to court with ukvi? )

I actually got a closer knowledge of the admin review process because of the guy But hey, don’t take my word for it.

Try, try try.

All the best.

Added:

Incase you’re wondering if it is village people, let me give you an overview of what happens.

ECO receives your application, accesses it and if he wants to interview you, he ask the ECA to send a non straight forward application mail to the applicant and subsequently the interview mail.

On the day of the interview, the ECA calls you to be interviewed and if you don’t pick, he’ll tell the ECO, I have tried to call lagbaja and he didn’t pick. Before refusing you, the ECO double checks with his ECM that, see oh, we tried to interview this man and he didn’t pick. Then the ECM wouldn’t have a choice but to approve the refusal. And just like that, 3 people are aware that you didn’t pick.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Oggg: 12:38pm On Feb 06, 2021
mattfeuter:

The issue with you is that you are looking for what you want to read, not the truth.

Someone had exactly like your case last year, complained and got phone record from MTN and everything. Just like you, he went for admin review and it came out unsuccessful after 2 months. The reviewer just told him he saw that he was called according to their own record and he didn’t pick, so therefore, the refusal stands.
After the AR, they gave him an option of a judiciary review in the court of law. (do you really want to go to court with ukvi? ) I actually got a closer knowledge of the admin review process because of the guy But hey, don’t take my word for it.
Try, try try.
All the best.
Added: Incase you’re wondering if it is village people, let me give you an overview of what happens.
ECO receives your application, accesses it and if he wants to interview you, he ask the ECA to send a non straight forward application mail to the applicant and subsequently the interview mail. On the day of the interview, the ECA calls you to be interviewed and if you don’t pick, he’ll tell the ECO, I have tried to call lagbaja and he didn’t pick. Before refusing you, the ECO double checks with his ECM that, see oh, we tried to interview this man and he didn’t pick. Then the ECM wouldn’t have a choice but to approve the refusal. And just like that, 3 people are aware that you didn’t pick.
leave him alone!! U have told him what to do more than 5 times!!u are not an ECO, allow the young man decide. U have dropped several msgs ontop one matter. Let him make his choice
If A failed at review, does it translate to B will fail? Let him decide.

10 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Oggg: 12:46pm On Feb 06, 2021
Veejaytv1:
Thank you so much for this sir
Just get your own phone bill statement, whatever happened during that part of the day and the call didn't get through to you is not your fault and you can’t take the fall for circumstances that were obviously beyond your control.
The UKVI are not gods and they do make mistakes that’s why even the worst of immigration situations get overturned as long as you can prove your case.
Goodluck in this!

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Nobody: 1:37pm On Feb 06, 2021
Promzy12:
Who will help me on this?
you av to look for cheap school that does not require too much deposit... Check uni of Bedford... Somtin can't recall d name

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Ibm08: 1:40pm On Feb 06, 2021
Your msc is just a year.. That fee is just a year

[color=#000099][/color]
krisbellman:

Thanks so much bro... I sent a message to the school for some days now and i have not gotten any response.
I saw this fee for MS in Information System ( Full-time – £17,600 (subject to annual increase) on the school website. Please i want to know if that amount is for the complete program or per year.

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by justwise(m): 2:35pm On Feb 06, 2021
@Veejaytv1

Will you be able to get a call log from your provider? If yes do that and send a letter of complain with the call log attached.

If truly they called you and you did not pick then the refusal is not unfair but if the opposite is the case then you have a good case

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Ezriela: 3:10pm On Feb 06, 2021
Even with this some schools will not release CAS until 3months to start date wc is June
DeeOneBangin:
I don’t really have much to say but please I beg us to start our applications now. Uk has given us that edge to be able to apply for visa 6 months before start of lectures.

Errors can happen, unforeseen circumstances and all. 6 months is a lot of time to correct genuine mistakes or errors either from us or from the eco.

Good luck to us all.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by membelle: 3:10pm On Feb 06, 2021
Exactly
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Ezriela: 3:26pm On Feb 06, 2021
Kindly allow me to work in ur shoes. Calm your nerves,it is hard but is the best option for you now. Double check again,if ur phone no is correctly typed and
go for an admistrative review. Like I said before take ur mind off January, honestly you will be fine. You have got enough advice already, kindly work on them. Sending love and light your way
Veejaytv1:

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by oppsonn: 3:34pm On Feb 06, 2021
Veejaytv1:
I'll get the call log from the network provider itself, showing the time that I didn't get the call at all, it was rig from their end but never got to me and I contacted immediately about this

Request for your incoming calls

Thou ain't gonna be easy from my little experience with Telecoms

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by tobybasten(m): 3:49pm On Feb 06, 2021
Update, bank transfer accepted

tobybasten:
Good day house,
Anyone going to university of Hull in sept?
The school initially sent me account details for bank transfer, a day later i got another email saying they no longer accept bank transfer. That i should use flywire.

Flywire's rate is 696 naira=1GBP. Very high.
I have replied asking why they won't be accepting bank transfer.
Anyone in the same boat?
Bosses in house, please what's the way to go in this type of situation?
Thanks

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Promzy12: 4:33pm On Feb 06, 2021
How are the tuition fee instalment are paid after the First deposit
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Phenmeson(m): 4:39pm On Feb 06, 2021
nicerichard05:

I going to Ulster may. I to pay my deposit on monday though. Have they told you abt the pre CAS interview Pls respond to your PM

Which bank do you pay with and are you going to their London campus?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Veejaytv1: 5:20pm On Feb 06, 2021
Thank you very much @justwise I didn't see the call at all, i didn't lie about it, I have been up for a while to prepare myself to make sure there is no interruption, and yes I have been to my network provider asking for it and I have put in a lot of work towards, waiting to hear back from them on Monday and attach it sir,

I have been truthful throughout my application.

justwise:
@Veejaytv1

Will you be able to get a call log from your provider? If yes do that and send a letter of complain with the call log attached.

If truly they called you and you did not pick then the refusal is not unfair but if the opposite is the case then you have a good case
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by steadyMoving22: 5:24pm On Feb 06, 2021
Hello,does anyone has an idea of how nice and great University of West Scotland is,most especially for student opportunities aswell as for student jobs and accommodation around her environment?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Veejaytv1: 5:24pm On Feb 06, 2021
I have double check the number was correct and I even confirmed it to them when I was invited for the interview, due to the corona virus, might said all January student should be in school latest April first week, that why I'm not to worried on that side

Ezriela:
Kindly allow me to work in ur shoes. Calm your nerves,it is hard but is the best option for you now. Double check again,if ur phone no is correctly typed and
go for an admistrative review. Like I said before take ur mind off January, honestly you will be fine. You have got enough advice already, kindly work on them. Sending love and light your way
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Ejay99(f): 5:29pm On Feb 06, 2021
Doodoo10:

Leave zenith o. Most successful applicants here used keystone, Stanbic and union Banks.
ok thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Veejaytv1: 5:36pm On Feb 06, 2021
It has not been easy so far, they easily gave me the outgoing calls but been difficult getting the incoming calls but I have started my reason for the request I hope someone good considers me up and picks up the email sent them and consider me
oppsonn:

Request for your incoming calls

Thou ain't gonna be easy from my little experience with Telecoms

(1) (2) (3) ... (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) ... (886)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.