Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,729 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:18 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 - Travel (253) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (1307693 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) ... (886) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by victor54: 9:52am On Apr 12, 2021
wunmi38:
Is anyone going to Northumbria University, London campus for MAY in-take i need to contact you and get some information as it concern CAS, and Visa application

Talk to me
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by donmanuel1: 11:00am On Apr 12, 2021
Please this is urgent, what is the exchange rate for form A first bank and how many working days does it take to be debited
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by jamesobedbaisel: 11:10am On Apr 12, 2021
Hi everyone I got admission at Teeside university. It’s £15000 for 2 years and £7500 a year. I got school for £4000. My question is do I have to show the total £15000 or just 7500. I will be waiting patiently on your reply. Thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by omopapa: 11:10am On Apr 12, 2021
Hello Geness,

It appears that u have done some background readings and have knowledge about this, which is good. I also like that you are open to volunteering to gain experience.

To the questions, yes if u have the transcript it will be needed for UK NARIC assessment and u will have to send it to them ursef. Also, IBMS will need to see all ur degree certificates to determine which topup modules u need to take.

Additionally, since u are already in the UK and have a dependant visa, I’d advise u do histological training which can then help u get locum jobs while u are waiting ur IBMS assessment. Although, the training is a bit expensive about £2k for 4 weeks or so but it’s worth it.

Volunteering is as competitive as getting actual job within the NHS. The good news is, you can grab the bull by the horn by walking in to a nearby NHS lab facility to ask see the manager or training officer to declare ur interest.

Geness:
Hello Omopapa and all the gurus in the house

I recently moved to the UK on a tier 2 dependant visa. Was initially looking into nursing but finance, kids and the fact that we live up north far from any school is making me reconsider. I have a Bsc and Msc in Biochemistry and now I'm looking into building on this. (I hope it's not a bad idea, if it is please let me know)

Tbh all I have is the certificates, I'm not coming with solid experience but I'm willing to start from the scratch... volunteering and all.

So from what I've gathered here I'm to get UK NARIC, module descriptors, transcripts and my degree certificates to IBMS, then top up modules and follow up with HCPC

Do I send the transcripts to UK NARIC and IBMS myself or does my school send it to them like WES?
I read here that I could do the UK NARIC and IBMS simultaneously, how do I do that if I need to present UK NARIC to IBMS?
Is it easy to get a volunteer job afterwards?
Is there any hack to getting it?

Thank you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by angelss813(f): 11:13am On Apr 12, 2021
I appreciate everyone who commented on my question about my husband, as my sponsor. To avoid stories that touch the hearts I have transferred the needed funds to my account and count for another 28days. Once again I am grateful to all who shed some light to my query.

Try to be adding some little change to the account in case of currency ups and downs, let there be no shortage

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by omopapa: 11:17am On Apr 12, 2021
Word counts are allowed to go over or below by 10% meaning 500 words can either be 450 or 550. Anything over can attract negative marking but in this case I don’t think that shld be a prob as long as u don’t submit a whole essay as personal statement.

2nex:
please, is there any implications if one exceeds the 500 words when writing personal statement? also some schools do not require reference, does it really has any meaning? or not important in the school?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Gracious13: 11:20am On Apr 12, 2021
sharietayo:
Please where u called first? i have my pre CAS interview for Sheffield Hallam University on Tuesday on skype. Do I wait to get a call from them first?

Wait for their call .... I got a call from them some minutes after the appointed time.

Don't be surprised if you didn't see your interviewer .... You might not be able to see him/her

I had my Pre-Cas Interview on WhatsApp

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Gracious13: 11:36am On Apr 12, 2021
Obehi44:

Which school ?
Which intake?
Can you share some of the questions?

School: University of Bradford

Which intake: September

Questions: 1) Tell me your name and Date of birth?
2) What were you doing before you applied for the course?
3) What course have you applied for?
4) Why the course?
5)why UK?
6) why University of Bradford? How did you find out about the University of Bradford? What research have you done?
7) Did you consider any of University?
coolWhy did you choose this course and how does it relate to previous study? (modules / facilities / career prospects)
9)How do your studies fit into your career plans? What is your current job? How long have you been working? What company do you work for and will you be returning to work for them after your studies?
10) How will this qualification benefit you financially in the working market? What is the average salary? Will there be a promotion opportunity?
11)The costs of doing this course are higher in the UK than in your home country, why have you decided to pay this extra money to study in the UK?
12)What do you intend to do after you finish your course?
13)What are some of the modules you’ll be studying? And how will you be assessed?
14) Do you have anyone in the UK ? Where do they live?
15)Are you going to be bringing anyone else to the UK with you (family etc.)
16) Do you know where Bradford is?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by prissyllar: 12:23pm On Apr 12, 2021
MissBj:

I used zenith charged 570 on Friday , took 2 working days [color=#006600][/color]
Thank you
Was thinking zenith was too slow
Cos someone mentioned it here before
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by olori101: 1:31pm On Apr 12, 2021
Please who has gone through the admin review here?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Gambros: 1:34pm On Apr 12, 2021
Please for that question 13( whether you have anyone in UK and where the person stays. Must you declare it. And if you don't , any implication.

Gracious13:

School: University of Bradford

Which intake: September

Questions: 1) Tell me your name and Date of birth?
2) What were you doing before you applied for the course?
3) What course have you applied for?
4) Why the course?
5)why UK?
6) why University of Bradford? How did you find out about the University of Bradford? What research have you done?
7) Did you consider any of University?
coolWhy did you choose this course and how does it relate to previous study? (modules / facilities / career prospects)
9)How do your studies fit into your career plans? What is your current job? How long have you been working? What company do you work for and will you be returning to work for them after your studies?
10) How will this qualification benefit you financially in the working market? What is the average salary? Will there be a promotion opportunity?
11)The costs of doing this course are higher in the UK than in your home country, why have you decided to pay this extra money to study in the UK?
12)What do you intend to do after you finish your course?
13)What are some of the modules you’ll be studying? And how will you be assessed?
14) Do you have anyone in the UK ? Where do they live?
15)Are you going to be bringing anyone else to the UK with you (family etc.)
16) Do you know where Bradford is?

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by olori101: 1:34pm On Apr 12, 2021
Please how did your lawyer go about it? Are you adviced to do the admin review? Please your advice is really needed as a lawyer advice I do admin review but school says i should get a new CAS and start a fresh application
Pegzzyg:
Waoh! Just seeing this, Congratulations to you. So happy it ended in Praise
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by olori101: 2:02pm On Apr 12, 2021
@justwise, please which will you advice, Administrative Review or I apply for a new CAS and go for a fresh application?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Gracious13: 2:40pm On Apr 12, 2021
Gambros:

Please for that question 13( whether you have anyone in UK and where the person stays. Must you declare it. And if you don't , any implication.

If you have someone in the UK please say it ...
And If you don't have anyone there , The answer is No, I don't ....
Smiles

No implication

They just want to know
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by wolewole200(m): 2:58pm On Apr 12, 2021
jamesobedbaisel:
Hi everyone I got admission at Teeside university. It’s £15000 for 2 years and £7500 a year. I got school for £4000. My question is do I have to show the total £15000 or just 7500. I will be waiting patiently on your reply. Thank you.

Your deposit is £4,000 and all you have to show is the balance of £3,500 plus the living expenses of £9,250 or thereabouts. Also, they are likely to give you a discount of between £1,500 - £2,000, that leaves you a tuition balance of about 2,000.

Hope this helps. BTW, I have an offer there too and got a discount of £2,000 which was automatic. Apart from that I applied for the VC Scholarship which I am expecting a decision soon.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by wolewole200(m): 3:01pm On Apr 12, 2021
Muleroofficial:

How long does it take to get an unconditional offer from teesside? I forwarded all the required documents (Waec result,POE and Transcript) more than one week ago but haven’t got any response from the university yet.

Just send them an email stating that you have sent the documents and that you are expecting the Unconditional offer. It will be responded to. That was how I got it over too when it was getting over a week.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Nnefab: 3:34pm On Apr 12, 2021
wolewole200:

Your deposit is £4,000 and all you have to show is the balance of £3,500 plus the living expenses of £9,250 or thereabouts. Also, they are likely to give you a discount of between £1,500 - £2,000, that leaves you a tuition balance of about 2,000.

Hope this helps. BTW, I have an offer there too and got a discount of £2,000 which was automatic. Apart from that I applied for the VC Scholarship which I am expecting a decision soon.
Hello, I applied for the VC scholarship too. I was thinking the scholarship application was unsuccessful when I did not see anything about it on my offer letter. My question now is are we suppose to expect mail from them stating whether the application was successful or not?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by preciousmudia: 3:35pm On Apr 12, 2021
Transfer to your account

Preeskaar:
Please am about to apply for the pre-cas and I intend to use my husband account for the application since it has the funds for over 28days. Do you think Its ok to use my husband's account since he's my sponsor or I should just transfer the money to my account and wait for another 28days?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by justwise(m): 3:36pm On Apr 12, 2021
olori101:
@justwise, please which will you advice, Administrative Review or I apply for a new CAS and go for a fresh application?

Why were you refused a visa?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by quinstershaw: 3:37pm On Apr 12, 2021
quinstershaw:
Good morning. Are we required to pay the deposit first before we start counting the 28dys or we count first before paying?

Also, can the sponsor have all the money in the account or it is better for the student to have living expenses of 9207 pounds and the sponsor having the tuition?

Abeg ohh
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by sharietayo(f): 3:45pm On Apr 12, 2021
Please where u called first? i have my pre CAS interview for Sheffield Hallam University on Tuesday on skype. Do I wait to get a call from them first?
Gracious13:
Hello everyone,

I had my Pre-Cas interview yesterday morning ... 38 mins on call

The interview was scheduled for 11am but they called 11:10am

It was video call tho
M
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by sagbar(m): 3:49pm On Apr 12, 2021
Hi Guys,
I'm trying to book for my flight now (Virgin Atlantic or British Airways) but i'm getting their quotes in US dollars. The last time i booked for my wife (Virgin Atlantic), i was charged in Naira. Has anything changed?
Also which Accredited test center can i use for my covid test? Any recommendations?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by olori101: 3:54pm On Apr 12, 2021
My sponsor was contacted but they had issues with accessing their email around then. It was after I received the refusal email I contacted them and their email was back. They replied since 2 weeks ago but I think it was too late because I have not been asked to return my passport
justwise:

Why were you refused a visa?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Phenmeson(m): 4:07pm On Apr 12, 2021
sagbar:
Hi Guys,
I'm trying to book for my flight now (Virgin Atlantic or British Airways) but i'm getting their quotes in US dollars. The last time i booked for my wife (Virgin Atlantic), i was charged in Naira. Has anything changed?
Also which Accredited test center can i use for my covid test? Any recommendations?

I bought a flight from 9ja to London on https://www.travelstart.com.ng and your payment will be in Naira. You can pay with yur ATM card.
For PCR test, check https://covid19.ncdc.gov.ng/privatelabs
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by jamesobedbaisel: 4:14pm On Apr 12, 2021
wolewole200:

Okay so now I know after paying £4000 with £2000 discount I have to only show £1500+ £9250. That’s nice. Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by akanniade10(m): 4:20pm On Apr 12, 2021
oge18:
I just got an offer for university of Salford. Please how do I apply for a discount and at what point do i apply...please I need guidance for this school in particular. Thanks in advance

How far? Were you able to send them a mail and have you been given a discount.

I also got a mail this morning from salford congratulating me that I have an offer already but no offer letter attached.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by donmanuel1: 5:59pm On Apr 12, 2021
Please, who has paid the tuition fee for ulster university, Birmingham may intake should help me with the bank he or she used to pay the fee...its urgent please

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by BigDickhead1: 6:01pm On Apr 12, 2021
Gracious13:

If you have someone in the UK please say it ...
And If you don't have anyone there , The answer is No, I don't ....
Smiles

No implication

They just want to know

What if you have and you don't want to say it, will dey know that one is lying?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Gracious13: 6:02pm On Apr 12, 2021
sharietayo:
M
Kindly wait for their call

They will be the one to call
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Gracious13: 6:03pm On Apr 12, 2021
BigDickhead1:

What if you have and you don't want to say it, will dey know that one is lying?

I don't know about that

It's better you tell them
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by favourdamsel: 6:29pm On Apr 12, 2021
Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by favourdamsel: 6:30pm On Apr 12, 2021
[quote author=MufasaLion post=100718376][/quote]
Thanks.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) ... (886)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.