Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,969 members, 7,817,842 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:02 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 - Travel (341) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (1309748 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) ... (886) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by williams20(m): 8:54pm On May 15, 2021
[quote author=tajmal post=101728777] What course did she study and what course do you have in mind? Sheffield Hallam Uni accepts HND[/quote

She studied Accounting
We are looking at Msc Accounting and finance
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by ahmadinho2010(m): 9:11pm On May 15, 2021
Please guys , beside Sheffield Hallam , which other school accept initial 1000 pounds payment , thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by CheesyTee(f): 9:18pm On May 15, 2021
University of Dundee
University of East Anglia

ahmadinho2010:
Please guys , beside Sheffield Hallam , which other school accept initial 1000 pounds payment , thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Ojasope1: 9:19pm On May 15, 2021
LagosismyHome:

The day you submit online is an important date and used for two things.... First it determines what exchange rate will be used. No other days exchange rate matters for that applicants. Secondly the visa office checks that the bank statement has the amount needed and its been there up to 28 days minimum counting backward

TSL /Biometric submission is used for something totally different. It used for the turnaround time. From that date your application then becomes complete . The average turnaround after that day is 15 working days but that average. It can be more or less

This is confusing for me now, please which date exchange rate will be used to determine POF, is it the date the statement is printed or the date one submit application online.?

In my case, we have printed statement but we haven't submitted application online, please help in this regard.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by LagosismyHome(f): 9:23pm On May 15, 2021
Ojasope1:

This is confusing for me now, please which date exchange rate will be used to determine POF, is it the date the statement is printed or the date one submit application online.?

In my case, we have printed statement but we haven't submitted application online, please help in this regard.

The date one submit application online ... that day's exchange rate
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by labelle27(f): 9:36pm On May 15, 2021
Pls I need help with schools with low tuition deposit?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by donmanuel1: 10:05pm On May 15, 2021
I'm having the same issue...My 28 days is up and I have printed my statement ...I used 550 GBP against 525 GBP when my count started and I'm for may intake..I jus hope it drops by next week.
LagosismyHome:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Ojasope1: 10:07pm On May 15, 2021
LagosismyHome:

Thank you very much. We pray it comes down.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by kayguy2(m): 10:25pm On May 15, 2021
Choplyf:

Well, in my own case I got a mail, I dunno if it was also sent to you as seen in the attached

Did you mail them ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Queenbeloveth(f): 11:24pm On May 15, 2021
LagosismyHome:

The only day that matter is the day you submit the application online. .....

so you can monitor during that week to give you an idea (and plan accordingly) and after you apply, the next day go check what was the rate of the date of application. That would tell you what will be used

It won't be the same rate throughout the day but the average is taken by the system and the next day you can see what that value is
Please on this oanda exchange rate of a thing, what in a situation where the rate increased above what calculated and in the account for the proof of funds but later come down before the 28 maturity days, hope the days the exchange rate increased and made the pof not up to required amount not affect the application? For example, if one calculated using 550 when the exchange was still 520 but it raise above 560 and later come down below 550 before visa application, hope they won't consider the day the oanda exchange rate raise and only consider the exchange rate as at the time of application?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by canadaishome: 11:58pm On May 15, 2021
Please

What options are available to pay the online fees since naira debit card won't work
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Howoheye: 12:53am On May 16, 2021
Why did you wait this long for the renewal? Get on it like ASAP! I don't think it's possible to issue you a one year visa on a passport that's expiring in less than a year.
canadaishome:
Hello all

Please, I have another question

By the time we apply for visa and it is issued by God's grace, my passport will be 8 months left to expiration.

Will the visa extend beyond 8 months? Or they will issue visa based on the validity of my passport. Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by LagosismyHome(f): 2:14am On May 16, 2021
Queenbeloveth:

Please on this oanda exchange rate of a thing, what in a situation where the rate increased above what calculated and in the account for the proof of funds but later come down before the 28 maturity days, hope the days the exchange rate increased and made the pof not up to required amount not affect the application? For example, if one calculated using 550 when the exchange was still 520 but it raise above 560 and later come down below 550 before visa application, hope they won't consider the day the oanda exchange rate raise and only consider the exchange rate as at the time of application?

The exchange rate that you use to calculate pof before you submit if for your own personal self and a guide to you and helps you with planning . All that up and down fluctuation is just for your observation and planning

For the actual visa application it doesn't mean a single thing. The only exchange rate that matter or that will be used is the exchange rate on the day you apply. What you need to ensure is that on the day you apply that exchange rate is favourable with the amount in you Pof. If it is not, then you cant apply as it would lead to rejection that there not enough money
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Angelswt(f): 3:14am On May 16, 2021
Thank you for your clarity.

Please kindly advise,

Please regarding POF, is it okay for instance, I print out my statement few weeks before I actually submit my application online?

That is using the same statement for both CAS and visa application.

Knowing that the day I submit my online application will not be in the bank statement.

Or I should print a new one from the day I submit my online application?

Thank you.

LagosismyHome:

The exchange rate that you use to calculate pof before you submit if for your own personal self and a guide to you and helps you with planning . All that up and down fluctuation is just for your observation and planning

For the actual visa application it doesn't mean a single thing. The only exchange rate that matter or that will be used is the exchange rate on the day you apply. What you need to ensure is that on the day you apply that exchange rate is favourable with the amount in you Pof. If it is not, then you cant apply as it would lead to rejection that there not enough money
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Choplyf(m): 3:28am On May 16, 2021
kayguy2:

Did you mail them ?

At all...I only saw it dropped in my box n that has been since 6th of may but I haven't gotten any admission letter till now.
It's really taking longer than usual. I dunno if I should be worried or remain calm sad
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by ricdavies: 3:41am On May 16, 2021
Choplyf:

At all...I only saw it dropped in my box n that has been since 6th of may but I haven't gotten any admission letter till now.
It's really taking longer than usual. I dunno if I should be worried or remain calm sad
When did you apply?
I just applied on Wednesday for Msc Engineering management and I really hope I get an offer before months end.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Optimally: 4:44am On May 16, 2021
Naira wahala again o
£1=578 Naira as of the time of this post
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by GodnGold: 6:13am On May 16, 2021
Goodmorning everyone.
Please I have been on the Tuberclosis test booking for 5 days now. Can someone guide me on the process. It says no slots available even till August or am I not doing it correctly. Please help it’s urgent.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by gigi24: 6:14am On May 16, 2021
Good morning everyone.

So my 28days is up already but the pounds to Naira rates keeps jumping up and down�

I decided to pay up my balance tuition of £500 on Friday to salvage the situation.

As at yesterday my money was finally OK for maintenance at £9207.
It has gone crazy again this morning.

My question is can I use 2 bank statements with my name to make my application because I have some money in my other bank account that completed 28days on Friday.

@Justwise and every other guru plus Nairaland elders please advice.

Cheers!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by donmanuel1: 6:15am On May 16, 2021
Naira has been devalued by CBN.
Optimally:
Naira wahala again o
£1=578 Naira as of the time of this post
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Ojasope1: 6:30am On May 16, 2021
gigi24:
Good morning everyone.

So my 28days is up already but the pounds to Naira rates keeps jumping up and down�

I decided to pay up my balance tuition of £500 on Friday to salvage the situation.

As at yesterday my money was finally OK for maintenance at £9207.
It has gone crazy again this morning.

My question is can I use 2 bank statements with my name to make my application because I have some money in my other bank account that completed 28days on Friday.

@Justwise and every other guru plus Nairaland elders please advice.

Cheers!

Yes you can
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Onifade1995: 6:49am On May 16, 2021
Good morning to us all, please is it okay for postgraduate student to use her fathers account as a proof of fund.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by GodnGold: 6:56am On May 16, 2021
GodnGold:
Goodmorning everyone.
Please I have been on the Tuberclosis test booking for 5 days now. Can someone guide me on the process. It says no slots available even till August or am I not doing it correctly. Please help it’s urgent.
Please I have even gone ahead to download the MigApp still the same issue.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by graceodini: 7:25am On May 16, 2021
Good morning house. Please am trying to book appointment for someone in Ikeja but after selecting the date and time I can't proceed to checkout. What can cause this please?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by AirBay: 7:50am On May 16, 2021
graceodini:
Good morning house. Please am trying to book appointment for someone in Ikeja but after selecting the date and time I can't proceed to checkout. What can cause this please?

I think the iom website is having issues. I was able to select the month but no time slot available. This is the same for all dates from tomorrow till August 16 - which is the last date on the preferred date tab.

The "Find the next available date" link is not working too.

It is the same for both Lagos and Abuja

And for every country undecided
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by DeeOneBangin: 8:29am On May 16, 2021
Angelswt:
Thank you for your clarity.

Please kindly advise,

Please regarding POF, is it okay for instance, I print out my statement few weeks before I actually submit my application online?

That is using the same statement for both CAS and visa application.

Knowing that the day I submit my online application will not be in the bank statement.

Or I should print a new one from the day I submit my online application?

Thank you.

You can use the statement for CAS and visa application as long as it falls within the 31 days rule. The day you submit online doesn’t have to reflect in the bank statement. What matters is that, the day you printout, the caseworker will starting counting backwards up to 28days. Shikena!!!

The day you submit online is what will be used as the exchange rate on oanda.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by AirBay: 8:30am On May 16, 2021
GodnGold:
Please I have even gone ahead to download the MigApp still the same issue.

Please, kindly let me know when you're able to book an appointment. Thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Choplyf(m): 8:37am On May 16, 2021
ricdavies:

When did you apply?
I just applied on Wednesday for Msc Engineering management and I really hope I get an offer before months end.

I applied since 29th of march bro for Msc Big data analytics. Keep your hope up high.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Swiftylistic: 9:17am On May 16, 2021
LagosismyHome:

LagosismyHome please can you share your digits i will like to reach out to you concerning my issues with my POF.
Here's a hint. My POF is gon be 28 days by friday, nut on chwcking oanda converter this morning i realized the conversion rate has now increased and i will be needing more fund, if i top my account now does it mean i will start counting 28 days all over again or i can continue the counting.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by GodnGold: 9:27am On May 16, 2021
AirBay:

Please, kindly let me know when you're able to book an appointment. Thank you.
ok
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by shegzy80: 9:46am On May 16, 2021
@LagosismyHome, please share your digit with me as well. I will like to understand this issue of POF better as well and will share it on the platform thereafter....... there are some words that might not easily be express by typing but while conversing, someone can easily express himself/herself properly and deduce inference from the conversation.

Swiftylistic:

LagosismyHome please can you share your digits i will like to reach out to you concerning my issues with my POF.
Here's a hint. My POF is gon be 28 days by friday, nut on chwcking oanda converter this morning i realized the conversion rate has now increased and i will be needing more fund, if i top my account now does it mean i will start counting 28 days all over again or i can continue the counting.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by AirBay: 9:54am On May 16, 2021
Swiftylistic:

If you top up your bank account to make up your balance, you need to start counting the 28days again.

I would suggest that you pay additional fees to your school.

If you need to add 250k to your POF as a result of the new exchange rate, pay this amount to your school. This way your POF is still intact and you don't need to start counting 28days again.

This happend to me in 2018, though I had received my CAS, I still went ahead to pay additional fees and included the receipt in my application, Also I printed a copy of the email I received from my school stating my Fees has been received and it will be updated.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) ... (886)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.