Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,095 members, 7,825,456 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:08 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 - Travel (348) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (1316833 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) (351) ... (886) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by aabiemi: 6:16am On May 18, 2021
cynthiac2:

Please what course did you get. I have been waiting for them. I applied for Adult Nursing.
Msc Finance....that took just a day.Guess sciences are more competitive.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by cynthiac2: 6:20am On May 18, 2021
mzDIY:
Hello house!

I got an interview invite from University of East Anglia for Adult Nursing (pre-registration) on June 22nd, 2021 (I'm a graduate of Linguistics). Is there anyone else who got the same invite? Or anyone who's done such interview before at a UK school? Please reach out so we can prep together (or share likely questions with me).

Thank you.

I was also invited. Same date as yours . I sent you mail, but you haven't responded.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by jaybel(m): 6:30am On May 18, 2021
Coleridge:
If anyone is coming to Scotland, particularly Glasgow, I'm happy to answer any questions about schooling in Scotland and the like. I benefitted immensely from the travel section of Nairaland and feel the need to give back one way or the other. (Shoutout to Justwise and the rest of the team).

Cheers.
Hi Coleridge, I am. I have tons of questions lol. I will be going to the University of Strathclyde. Please tell me all there is to know, thanks!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by morinto: 7:03am On May 18, 2021
hustla:

Hope you have London money grin
Have decided to go to derby because the sch is cheaper and life in the city is cheap but I heard the place is dull but not worry because is just a year

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by morinto: 7:04am On May 18, 2021
Mayowa1331:
How long did it take to get your admission from Coventry?
It took like a month or more than a month. Have forgotten but try derby university free bus around the city for student

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Coleridge: 7:27am On May 18, 2021
jaybel:
Hi Coleridge, I am. I have tons of questions lol. I will be going to the University of Strathclyde. Please tell me all there is to know, thanks!

Excellent choice. Strathclyde is ranked next to the University of Glasgow. It's situated in the heart of the city. Their library is well-stocked, and they've got great facilities. Keep an eye on their finance and funding page, as you may be lucky to get pockets of funding, mostly hardship. Finally, since the university is in Glasgow, you can expect to have part time jobs. I hope this helps.

Goodluck.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by hardeythunji: 7:32am On May 18, 2021
Coleridge:
If anyone is coming to Scotland, particularly Glasgow, I'm happy to answer any questions about schooling in Scotland and the like. I benefitted immensely from the travel section of Nairaland and feel the need to give back one way or the other. (Shoutout to Justwise and the rest of the team).

Cheers.
Kindly help out. I am coming to Scotland precisely at Edinburgh Napier Uni. Kindly help out on what to know ahead
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Coleridge: 7:37am On May 18, 2021
raibrahim:
[Pleas what is your advise on schooling in Edinburgh Nappier University. Are students jobs available there.or=Coleridge post=101797142]If anyone is coming to Scotland, particularly Glasgow, I'm happy to answer any questions about schooling in Scotland and the like. I benefitted immensely from the travel section of Nairaland and feel the need to give back one way or the other. (Shoutout to Justwise and the rest of the team).

Cheers.

Edinburgh Napier University is located in Edinburgh. The latter is the capital of Scotland. It's got a good reputation for being an admixture of historic and new buildings. I like to see the place as a dreamy city, like something out of a fairytale. So you're likely to have a nice time there.

As per jobs, I should reckon that there are jobs in Edinburgh. I've had to go to Edinburgh on part time rounds, so yeah there are likely opportunities there, although you may need to factor in the impact of covid. In any case, you could always make the commute to Glasgow for jobs. Travel between both cities is roughly 40 minutes by train. So it's doable.

If you're looking to work in the security industry, you may want to get your police report in Nigeria before coming over. This would enable you do the SIA training and then consequently apply for a SIA badge.

I hope this helps. Happy hunting.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Coleridge: 7:38am On May 18, 2021
hardeythunji:

Kindly help out. I am coming to Scotland precisely at Edinburgh Napier Uni. Kindly help out on what to know ahead

I just made a reply on a similar question above. You may want to check it out. Cheers, and best wishes.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Gr8bliss: 7:52am On May 18, 2021
Hello house.

Please does anyone have issue trying to book a TB (Tuberculosis) test on their site. I have been trying since a week ago and I’m still unable to book an appointment. My school start date is this month and I really need to get the test done soon. Or does anyone have an appointment this month that want to give out.
Biko help a brother.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by AirBay: 8:06am On May 18, 2021
rollykotex:

I really appreciate your response, thank you so much. I want to further ask that will i be able to apply for the PhD only in the UK or anywhere in the world? Thank you
Anywhere. The only difference I have seen is Most UK schools accepts a Pass grade for PhD study while most USA/Canadian universities requires Merit
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by talkme(m): 8:10am On May 18, 2021
aabiemi:
Good evening everyone, just got a conditional offer for Northumbria university. They are asking for IELTS...is that because I used my NECO result and not WAEC. ...pls help @justwise @all

Yes! You will write there own English Exam

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by jaybel(m): 8:14am On May 18, 2021
Hi guys, due to circumstances beyond my control. I was only able to book a date for the TB test for July 19th. Now for the POF, the only luxury I have from my sponsors is to keep the funds in my account for only 31days. Also, I intend to apply for the visa on the 23rd of July. Taken the above into account, when should the 28days of keeping funds in the account start in order to meet this deadline. I will appreciate your feedback. Thank you

Cc Coleridge and others
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by jaybel(m): 8:15am On May 18, 2021
Coleridge:

Excellent choice. Strathclyde is ranked next to the University of Glasgow. It's situated in the heart of the city. Their library is well-stocked, and they've got great facilities. Keep an eye on their finance and funding page, as you may be lucky to get pockets of funding, mostly hardship. Finally, since the university is in Glasgow, you can expect to have part time jobs. I hope this helps.

Goodluck.
Thanks for this. I'd like to connect please. I sent you a mail
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Coleridge: 8:20am On May 18, 2021
jaybel:
Hi guys, due to circumstances beyond my control. I was only able to book a date for the TB test for July 19th. Now for the POF, the only luxury I have from my sponsors is to keep the funds in my account for only 31days. Also, I intend to apply for the visa on the 23rd of July. Taken the above into account, when should the 28days of keeping funds in the account start in order to meet this deadline. I will appreciate your feedback. Thank you

Cc Coleridge and others

I'm not too sure how the rules apply these days, since I've been away for sometime. So I will leave the rest of the great guys on here to answer your question. Sorry about that.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Ezriela: 8:35am On May 18, 2021
Northumbria doesn't accept NECO maybe u shd send them letter of English proficiency
aabiemi:
Good evening everyone, just got a conditional offer for Northumbria university. They are asking for IELTS...is that because I used my NECO result and not WAEC. ...pls help @justwise @all
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Ezriela: 8:36am On May 18, 2021
23rd of June
jaybel:

Cc Coleridge and others
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Queenofderby: 8:39am On May 18, 2021
Gr8bliss:
Hello house.

Please does anyone have issue trying to book a TB (Tuberculosis) test on their site. I have been trying since a week ago and I’m still unable to book an appointment. My school start date is this month and I really need to get the test done soon. Or does anyone have an appointment this month that want to give out.
Biko help a brother.
Try to use a UC browser on your phone.. Also refresh it n continue to check . There might b some slots for 8.30,9.30...etc... I was in ur shoes last week.. But I was able to book for this month when I did this..

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Gr8bliss: 8:55am On May 18, 2021
Try to use a UC browser on your phone.. Also refresh it n continue to check . There might b some slots for 8.30,9.30...etc... I was in ur shoes last week.. But I was able to book for this month when I did this..

Thank you so much
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Gr8bliss: 8:57am On May 18, 2021
Queenofderby:
thank you

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Gegede(m): 8:58am On May 18, 2021
kayguy2:
Hello Sheffield Hallam University applicant..

Has anyone gotten offer lately?
I already did the pre-CAs interview

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by rollykotex: 9:03am On May 18, 2021
AirBay:

Anywhere. The only difference I have seen is Most UK schools accepts a Pass grade for PhD study while most USA/Canadian universities requires Merit
Thanks for your time, I'm grateful
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by tajmal: 9:09am On May 18, 2021
Hi Coleridge,
I intend to study at GCU for January 2022. What is your take on the school and their reputation as well as student jobs in Glasgow? Thanks
Coleridge:

Edinburgh Napier University is located in Edinburgh. The latter is the capital of Scotland. It's got a good reputation for being an admixture of historic and new buildings. I like to see the place as a dreamy city, like something out of a fairytale. So you're likely to have a nice time there.

As per jobs, I should reckon that there are jobs in Edinburgh. I've had to go to Edinburgh on part time rounds, so yeah there are likely opportunities there, although you may need to factor in the impact of covid. In any case, you could always make the commute to Glasgow for jobs. Travel between both cities is roughly 40 minutes by train. So it's doable.

If you're looking to work in the security industry, you may want to get your police report in Nigeria before coming over. This would enable you do the SIA training and then consequently apply for a SIA badge.

I hope this helps. Happy hunting.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by hustla(m): 9:10am On May 18, 2021
morinto:

Have decided to go to derby because the sch is cheaper and life in the city is cheap but I heard the place is dull but not worry because is just a year

Better to dull than make fees give person upper cut

grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by yormieK(m): 9:16am On May 18, 2021
Good one @Coleridge, can you give a quick run down about Glasgow caledonian uni interms of Jobs and accommodation. Is there a Nigerian neighbourhood in glasgow similar to peckham and the like in London. Heard its not a great city compared to most in England
Coleridge:

Cheers.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by HSpecial: 9:20am On May 18, 2021
Please my tb test is scheduled for tomorrow. Please what and what should I take along? About the medical record how do I go about this?
Also on the proof of payment being hard copy. Does it mean I have to pay by hand in the bank, I can’t make mobile app transfer?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Mietegirl: 9:22am On May 18, 2021
Good-day everyone

Have finally been able to book a date for TB test on the 22nd of june ...please when making payments should i include my reference number ? And where should i put it (IOM Abuja )
Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by HSpecial: 9:26am On May 18, 2021
Gegede:
I already did the pre-CAs interview
Yes. Same here
Can we connect ?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by aabiemi: 9:27am On May 18, 2021
Ezriela:
Northumbria doesn't accept NECO maybe u shd send them letter of English proficiency

Thanks for your response. Will pursue the letter of English proficiency ASAP.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Gr8bliss: 9:28am On May 18, 2021
HSpecial:
Please my tb test is scheduled for tomorrow. Please what and what should I take along? About the medical record how do I go about this?
Also on the proof of payment being hard copy. Does it mean I have to pay by hand in the bank, I can’t make mobile app transfer?

Just passport and payment receipt.. yea you will have to visit the bank.

(1) (2) (3) ... (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) (351) ... (886)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.