Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,042 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:37 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 - Travel (390) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (1308342 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (387) (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) ... (886) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Lyndaa22: 4:43pm On May 29, 2021
shegzy80:
Have you submitted your application for a VISA with the CAS issued by the University of Hull and done a Biometric?

Not yet, I have other schools as options but Hull happens to be the cheapest so I haven’t made a decision yet, I’m still making my research on the school and city in terms of living cost and job opportunities for students.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Aminess1: 4:45pm On May 29, 2021
sesther:
Hello everyone, please can anybody help out with what pre CAS interview with Sheffield Hallam University like?

What date is yours ?
My pre CAs interview is on the 3rd of June
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Optimally: 4:48pm On May 29, 2021
Sammybliss23:

Please, explain o. Which one is closing balance and paid out fund and they must tally? How do we calculate/ get this one?. Secondly maintenance fee (outside London) has it been increased to 9207pounds?. I don't understand,
Paid out funds and closing balance is not something we should've been concern about if we believe in our banking system and their professionalism, paid out funds are the withdrawals made on the account either over the counter, ATM, cheque, transfer, etc, while closing balance is the difference between the sum of opening balance+cash inflow-paid out funds ((opening balance+cash inflow)-paid out funds), all things being equal, and the opening balance should also always be the sum of the closing balance+inflow-paid out funds, if any of these is up by a naira or down by a naira, that will suggest the POF is not genuine or has been tempered with, So in this case, when the individual paid out funds after been sum up were subtracted from the opening, what was arrived at was different from what was printed as the closing balance. Yes, the maintenance money for outside London now £1,023 monthly and £9,207 for nine months I stand to be corrected though. The matter has been cleared, na Bank make mistake of not including SMS alert as paid out funds

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by scobyy2007: 4:49pm On May 29, 2021
Hello @justwise I think this is the 25th Jan post that @Ezriela was talking about

slimdolyin:
Hi folks,

I was refused today.

The embassy sent my statement to my bank to confirm which they actually said it was okay but there was this 100 naira airtime I bought that jump on the statement so it wasn't showing well.

That Is the reason of my refusal.
So now I want to collect a letter from the bank confirming the transaction and also print a new copy of the statement.

They said I have the right to review but I want email UKVI first about this boarder line issue with the clear statement.

Please as anyone done this before and got a good reply from UKVI?

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by justwise(m): 4:50pm On May 29, 2021
Ezriela:
Even if I want to post ur last sentence won't let me. Search back to January 25 yourself and read it up.You have been of great help to this group but your choice of words sometimes. It is well

I made no apology for that last comment because your outburst is totally uncalled for.

Who is judging who here? The argument was mainly on the issue about bank disclosing bank balance to the embassy or not but you turned up to pick issues

AR does not take 5months, it takes 21 days or more but not 5months and counting
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by justwise(m): 4:53pm On May 29, 2021
scobyy2007:
Hello @justwise I think this is the 25th Jan post that @Ezriela was talking about

I don't think its, he was talking about 100 naira difference but the other one was just 4 naira
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by scobyy2007: 5:00pm On May 29, 2021
No now!!!!

The App is very clear on its usage: THE CURRENCY YOU HAVE Vs THE CURRENCY YOU WANT

So you have Naira and want GBP (Pounds Sterling)

donmanuel1:
Is this the right way to do the conversion?
@just wise @lagosismyhome @thehrguy and other gurus

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Ezriela: 5:02pm On May 29, 2021
I made my comment based on what Prisscindy said that he tampered with the statement. What outburst? Justwise I don't have the energy for your unnecessary argument. Okoronlafarms AR took 4months ,so I can't say how long it will take cos I am not VO neither do I work in UKVI. It isn't up to 5months justwise,redo ur calculation Jan 25- May 29. Shalom
justwise:

I made no apology for that last comment because your outburst is totally uncalled for.

Who is judging who here? The argument was mainly on the issue about bank disclosing bank balance to the embassy or not but you turned up to pick issues

AR does not take 5months, it takes 21 days or more but not 5months and counting

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Optimally: 5:03pm On May 29, 2021
Abeg, I want to practice with my statement to see if my little understanding of how the account should be balance is correct and I will crave everyone's indulgence to try and go through your statement before submitting it for application

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Optimally: 5:12pm On May 29, 2021
also, I want to support what someone here suggested, this is because I was studying my statement and I was able to support what the person said earlier, may be it doesn't matter o, but, being careful almost always pay, if you deposited your funds for 28 days count say Saturday May 29,2021, when you're printing your statement in June, I suggest you print from May 30,2021 to June 26,2021, the reason is because if you print to include May 29, your opening balance for that day will be what it was before you made your deposit, though they should be considering closing balance for that day o, but what if someone forgot to, so it's just a suggestion Note the above instance was for 28 days o

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by scobyy2007: 5:14pm On May 29, 2021
It's true #FACT

(Opening Balance - Total Debit) + Total Credit = Closing Balance

See the attached sample!!!!

Optimally:
Paid out funds and closing balance is not something we should've been concern about if we believe in our banking system and their professionalism, paid out funds are the withdrawals made on the account either over the counter, ATM, cheque, transfer, etc, while closing balance is the difference between the opening balance and the paid out funds+inflow, all things being equal, the closing balance should always be the difference between the opening balance and the paid out funds+inflow, and the opening balance should also always be the sum of the paid out funds and the closing balance+inflow, if any of these is up by a naira or down by a naira, that will suggest the POF is not genuine or has been tempered with, So in this case, when the individual paid out funds after been sum up were subtracted from the opening, what was arrived at was different from what was printed as the closing balance. Yes, the maintenance money for outside London now £1,023 monthly and £9,207 for nine months I stand to be corrected though. The matter has been cleared, na Bank make mistake of not including SMS alert as paid out funds

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by justwise(m): 5:16pm On May 29, 2021
donmanuel1:

Yes that is right

Put the currency you need first/ the stronger currency first, that will give you the accurate exchange rate of the weaker currency.

That is how the embassy calculate it as well
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Optimally: 5:36pm On May 29, 2021
scobyy2007:
No now!!!!

The App is very clear on its usage: THE CURRENCY YOU HAVE Vs THE CURRENCY YOU WANT

Boss, the way me understand the thing is that the conversion should be from pounds to Naira, because, you know your maintenance money+tuition balance=£mmtb, so it's for you to input the £mmtb in pounds field and it will automatically generated what you need in Naira, this is the accurate way I know, it can't be Naira to pounds, because you don't even know what you need in naira and that's why you're on that page to input what you know you need in pounds so that they can generate for you what you need in naira. I stand to be corrected though.
N:B mm: Maintenance money
TB: Tuition balance in my above comment

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by LagosismyHome(f): 5:42pm On May 29, 2021
donmanuel1:

This been debated before and we see the embassy use both.... if you have enough money then calculate your pof based on the higher one....(which is not this one but the other way)..... That way you can't go wrong

If you don't have enough money then calculate it this way... this is actually the proper way to do conversion especially as school fees and tuition is in pounds so pounds is up and naira should be down

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by hustla(m): 5:52pm On May 29, 2021
Mindlog:

As if say u neva arrange your side, we all get our coded plans. cheesy

God epp son of man
Make everything sengemenge

grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by scobyy2007: 5:59pm On May 29, 2021
My brother my brother!!!

The main koko is to have buffer!!! make sure your fund is sufficient for the conversion from £ = N or N=£

I noticed one is higher than the other...for safety sake I will go with the higher one + buffer fund (protect against rate fluntuaction)

My suggestion though

Optimally:
Boss, the way me understand the thing is that the conversion should be from pounds to Naira, because, you know your maintenance money+tuition balance=£mmtb, so it's for you to input the £mmtb in pounds field and it will automatically generated what you need in Naira, this is the accurate way I know, it can't be Naira to pounds, because you don't even know what you need in naira and that's why you're on that page to input what you know you need in pounds so that they can generate for you what you need in naira. I stand to be corrected though.
N:B mm: Maintenance money
TB: Tuition balance in my above comment
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by scobyy2007: 6:00pm On May 29, 2021
Brilliant submission...SAFETY 1st

LagosismyHome:

This been debated before and we see the embassy use both.... if you have enough money then calculate your pof based on the higher one....(which is not this one but the other way)..... That way you can't go wrong

If you don't have enough money then calculate it this way... this is actually the proper way to do conversion especially as school fees and tuition is in pounds so pounds is up and naira should be down
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Prisscindy(f): 6:06pm On May 29, 2021
justwise:

You did not understand what you read from that refusal letter, How did they know that the figure was tampered with if they did not get the original document from the bank?

They did not calculation because they have two different bank statements , one original and the other one tampered with, so where did they get the original to compare with?

Can you see that there was no "original" statement compared with? It was calculated. Anyway, i rest my case
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by scobyy2007: 6:09pm On May 29, 2021
This is my concern!!! What you have is naira...what you want to prove is in GBP

when your statement is in Naira then you are converting from Naira to the equivalent value in GBP!!!

see the images below; did u notice that the same naira did not give the same value when I switched currency sides. so for the sake of safety I beg u go for Naira to GBP

I take God beg una...na small boi I be Ooooo but I understand the confusion of this issue on conversion.

According to Oanda (29 May 2021)

N11,000,000 = £18,711.8 (Safe to use this)
but
£18,711.8 = N10,892,100

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Kenny1111111: 6:16pm On May 29, 2021
trishvik1:
please help o , can Tb result be use 7 days to expire date to apply for a super priority visa? any experience abt ds biko...pls

Someone answer this question please.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Orofun1: 6:25pm On May 29, 2021
This is not how to calculate it, it's the other way round
scobyy2007:
No now!!!!

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by scobyy2007: 6:27pm On May 29, 2021
From my own point of view, I don't see this going down well. Pls avoid using it if u can and get another TB test done asap!!!

this UKVI can just say stuff like this;

According to section XX paragraph SS I have refused to issue a visa because the submitted TB Certificate does not meet the minimum expiration date as required for travel document at the point of entry. bla bla bla!!!

trishvik1:
please help o , can Tb result be use 7 days to expire date to apply for a super priority visa? any experience abt ds biko...pls

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by scobyy2007: 6:31pm On May 29, 2021
Your choice sir!!!

Orofun1:
This is not how to calculate it, it's the other way round

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Dietminute: 6:37pm On May 29, 2021
Please whats actually d right thing to do or d right way to go about this pof
Ezriela:
Humans make mistakes, machines make mistakes only God doesn't. This happened in January but maybe u didn't read abt it or u are new here. The bank did not capture 4naira of SMS alert,the branch has apologised for their action. So to people that turned themselves to jury over it and u too that brought Jan 25 matter up on may 29. Well done but this is not necessary

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by justwise(m): 6:40pm On May 29, 2021
Prisscindy:

Can you see that there was no "original" statement compared with? It was calculated. Anyway, i rest my case

You still don't get it, the post Scobyy2007 uploaded is not the same as the one we are talking about,

Again if there is no original bank statement how did the embassy compare differences in final balance?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by trishvik1: 6:43pm On May 29, 2021
thanks
scobyy2007:
From my own point of view, I don't see this going down well. Pls avoid using it if u can and get another TB test done asap!!!

this UKVI can just say stuff like this;

According to section XX paragraph SS I have refused to issue a visa because the submitted TB Certificate does not meet the minimum expiration date as required for travel document at the point of entry. bla bla bla!!!

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by amanze54: 6:44pm On May 29, 2021
I have made my choice of school. Leeds Beckett University. Will be paying the 5,000 deposit next week.
Please is there any extra thing I need to know about the city Leeds or the school. As man na self sponsor. So student job is importankpa for house rent n upkeep.
Though I have been googling it all through but need others input.

6 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by justwise(m): 6:48pm On May 29, 2021
scobyy2007:
This is my concern!!! What you have is naira...what you want to prove is in GBP

when your statement is in Naira then you are converting from Naira to the equivalent value in GBP!!!

see the images below; did u notice that the same naira did not give the same value when I switched currency sides. so for the sake of safety I beg u go for Naira to GBP

I take God beg una...na small boi I be Ooooo but I understand the confusion of this issue on conversion.

According to Oanda (29 May 2021)

N11,000,000 = £18,711.8 (Safe to use this)
but
£18,711.8 = N10,892,100

You don't do that with student visa issue, its the other way around, the same way the embassy use that website.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Haywhy3233: 7:23pm On May 29, 2021
Good day house, in respect of this question

"Does anyone rely on you for financial support?
Include both those traveling with you and those who are not."

what do i tick as I am the main applicant and I will be traveling with my spouse.. should I thick Yes or No?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Simplicity0555: 7:32pm On May 29, 2021
Ezriela:
Humans make mistakes, machines make mistakes only God doesn't. This happened in January but maybe u didn't read abt it or u are new here. The bank did not capture 4naira of SMS alert,the branch has apologised for their action. So to people that turned themselves to jury over it and u too that brought Jan 25 matter up on may 29. Well done but this is not necessary

Nobody is chasing clout with anything, issues like this come up so we all can learn from it.

The fact that you knew about it in Jan 25 doesn’t mean that someone tomorrow can’t come across it for the first time.

So people rubbing minds now means they have turned themselves to jury? I will laugh over this one.

Let me stop here.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Thedeewhy22: 7:50pm On May 29, 2021
Good evening people,

Thanks you all for the information I have gotten from this platform but am still confuse about the bank statement and all.

My school is asking for 28days bank statement…which I have the complete money in my account as at on the 13th of this month(pls when am I to print the bank statement for the school.

Secondly, when am I to print another bank statement for the application of visa?

Thanx
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by angelss813(f): 8:09pm On May 29, 2021
I have made my choice of school. Leeds Beckett University. Will be paying the 5,000 deposit next week.
Please is there any extra thing I need to know about the city Leeds or the school. As man na self sponsor. So student job is importankpa for house rent n upkeep.
Though I have been googling it all through but need others input.

Leeds city is good, with part time jobs posting to your email from the University.
Also Sheffield Hallam is not far from Leeds Beckett you can work there and back to Leeds by train, you will enjoy schooling there.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (387) (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) ... (886)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.