Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,915 members, 7,835,056 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:43 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 - Travel (414) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (1325318 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (411) (412) (413) (414) (415) (416) (417) ... (886) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Mindlog: 5:53am On Jun 04, 2021
deewhone19:
Please house... Can one use a joint account for POF cos the account i have my proof of fund is a joint account with my sister.

You can't, have it transferred to your personal account.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Olayibo1: 5:57am On Jun 04, 2021
Futureukstudent:
also think about when you are caught if you work more than the required hour. I will advise you stick to the 20hours students are allowed to work
Pls..in University of Hull, is it compulsory someone must pay the tuition deposit fee before applying for Visa or u can wait for the visa to be approve?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by donmanuel1: 6:15am On Jun 04, 2021
Yes
jargo192:
Hello,

Please was your application date the day you filled the form online and paid 24th may? The day you did your biometric at TLS was 27th may? Just wanted to confirm
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by hustla(m): 6:47am On Jun 04, 2021
DeevaB:

Best bet is to try and get 1st year's fees before you leave
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by faroukalabi: 6:47am On Jun 04, 2021
Good morning, please is there anyone that has been issued CAS by the university of Greenwich.

My spouse paid the initial deposit almost 3 days ago and mailed the evidence of payment but no response yet.

Please is there anyone here trying them too?

@justwise
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by favourdamsel: 7:02am On Jun 04, 2021
Good day . Please for this POF. About how much is needed to show as POF for masters in UK to get visa approval
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Dj2019: 7:13am On Jun 04, 2021
Please kindly give answer to this question

quote author=Dj2019 post=102349143]Hello gurus in the house, is it advisable to go for Full- time course but offered via online/ distance learning. I am particular about Visa application.@Justwise and others[/quote]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by prettytorlar(f): 7:16am On Jun 04, 2021
I'm particularly waiting for SHU's unconditional offer even tho I already have unconditional offers from other schools. I already booked TB test for this month (June) and I've not started counting my POF since I'm not sure yet which of the schls I'll go for.

A family I'll be staying with in Birmingham wants me to apply to UB because it's closer to the house which I just did yesterday. I don't know how long it will take to get response from them.

My question is, should I just go for the TB test as already planned with the family's house address in Birmingham, even tho I've not made a decision on which school i'll go for? Or must I have decided on a school before going for the test?

@justwise and other gurus, pls I need response�
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by scobyy2007: 7:20am On Jun 04, 2021
PoF = Maintenance fund + Tuition Fee Balance

Assuming

Your Tuition fee = £14,000

Your maintenance fund = £9,207 (school outside London)

You deposited £3,000 to get CAS and Unconditional Offer

Your POF will be (£14000 - £3000) + £9207 = £20,207

In Naira = approximately = N12,528,340

@£1 = N620 ( assumption)

favourdamsel:
Good day . Please for this POF. About how much is needed to show as POF for masters in UK to get visa approval

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by scobyy2007: 7:25am On Jun 04, 2021
According to a previous response by my oga at the top @justwise he advised that you get the Unconditional Offer before TB test since it has an expiry date.

I would advise that you start counting the 28 days pof as soon as possible if truly you are looking to join this September 2021.

prettytorlar:
I'm particularly waiting for SHU's unconditional offer even tho I already have unconditional offers from other schools. I already booked TB test for this month (June) and I've not started counting my POF since I'm not sure yet which of the schls I'll go for.

A family I'll be staying with in Birmingham wants me to apply to UB because it's closer to the house which I just did yesterday. I don't know how long it will take to get response from them.

My question is, should I just go for the TB test as already planned with the family's house address in Birmingham, even tho I've not made a decision on which school i'll go for? Or must I have decided on a school before going for the test?

@justwise and other gurus, pls I need response�
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Kenny1111111: 7:35am On Jun 04, 2021
jamesobedbaisel:

Did you wait for the 28 days before submitting it to teesside?

No, I didn’t have to. The funds has been in my account since last year. I got my CAS two weeks ago.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by jamesobedbaisel: 7:36am On Jun 04, 2021
boommer:

Im also trying to do the mandatory question, please how can i go about it?

Haven’t done mine. I will attend to it over the weekend
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Uziiii54: 7:42am On Jun 04, 2021
I currently got a conditional offer in Coventry university. I have been trying to pay my first tuition fee instalment but the stupid Nigerian banks are frustrating me, what do I do?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Uziiii54: 8:01am On Jun 04, 2021
Ocoraj:

Am exactly at the same point with Coventry. They keep saying my bank statement is been assessed. They actually take time though, from what i heard from those who have gotten their CAS
I am having serious issues paying my first tuition fee instalment, how did you pay?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by BigDickhead1: 8:07am On Jun 04, 2021
Therealchi:
Hello guys, a few questions please...
For those who have applied and gotten their admission for University of West England, Bristol...Asides the £3000 for CAS, how much is required for the first installment of school fees?

I have a BSc in Economics and I’ve also always been good with managing projects. So would you guys advice an MBA or MSc Project Management.

Someone once told me doing a masters in project management isn’t really regarded so high, then a friend who’s long been living in the UK told me to not bother with MBA that I may not use it to secure the job I’m thinking I would, especially if I don’t have the kind of work experience they need in the UK... so guys if you don’t mind please share your opinion with me.

Also please are there schools with lesser fees I can check for Sept intake of MSc Project Management and MBA...I know I’m late on this, but please help me.

Thanks in advance.

It should be 50% of your balance, they also have six months plan

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by prettytorlar(f): 8:12am On Jun 04, 2021
Boss thank you.
I have unconditional offers at 2 unis already and I can go for any even without the SHU or UB responding fast.
I'm particular about going for the TB test which I already booked while waiting for other outcomes. I know TB test expires in 6months too.
Can I do the test with the address I intend to stay at and start my 28days POF afterwards?

scobyy2007:
According to a previous response by my oga at the top @justwise he advised that you get the Unconditional Offer before TB test since it has an expiry date.

I would advise that you start counting the 28 days pof as soon as possible if truly you are looking to join this September 2021.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by favourdamsel: 8:24am On Jun 04, 2021
scobyy2007:
PoF = Maintenance fund + Tuition Fee Balance

Assuming

Your Tuition fee = £14,000

Your maintenance fund = £9,207 (school outside London)

You deposited £3,000 to get CAS and Unconditional Offer

Your POF will be (£14000 - £3000) + £9207 = £20,207

In Naira = approximately = N12,528,340

@£1 = N620 ( assumption)

Wow. Thanks. Was a novice. Thanks for putting me through. Let me start working towards the pof

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Ojasope1: 8:45am On Jun 04, 2021
prettytorlar:
Boss thank you.
I have unconditional offers at 2 unis already and I can go for any even without the SHU or UB responding fast.
I'm particular about going for the TB test which I already booked while waiting for other outcomes. I know TB test expires in 6months too.
Can I do the test with the address I intend to stay at and start my 28days POF afterwards?

You can go for your TB test now and put any of the two school address you have gotten unconditional offer, if at the end, SHU responded and you choose them or you decide to go to Birmingham, you can walk into IOM to change your address and do a reprint of the TB certificate.

The reprint is 11k I guess if you wouldn't mind.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by prettytorlar(f): 8:51am On Jun 04, 2021
Ok.

Which means the address I'll put is that of the school I have chosen, not where I will be staying. Is that correct?

Ojasope1:

You can go for your TB test now and put any of the two school address you have gotten unconditional offer, if at the end, SHU responded and you choose them or you decide to go to Birmingham, you can walk into IOM to change your address and do a reprint of the TB certificate.

The reprint is 11k I guess if you wouldn't mind.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by AAO7(f): 8:58am On Jun 04, 2021
Uziiii54:
I currently got a conditional offer in Coventry university. I have been trying to pay my first tuition fee instalment but the stupid Nigerian banks are frustrating me, what do I do?

Hello! I’m also going to Coventry (but London campus) I paid using Form A.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by AAO7(f): 9:00am On Jun 04, 2021
Olayibo1:

Pls..in University of Hull, is it compulsory someone must pay the tuition deposit fee before applying for Visa or u can wait for the visa to be approve?

I like to believe that for all UK universities, some form of deposit is required to register intent, secure a spot and obtain your CAS (no matter how small the money is). Without your CAS you can’t apply for a visa.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by scobyy2007: 9:07am On Jun 04, 2021
Yes please.

prettytorlar:
Boss thank you.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Uziiii54: 9:08am On Jun 04, 2021
AAO7:

Hello! I’m also going to Coventry (but London campus) I paid using Form A.
I tried paying last week via form A, I submitted my docs international passport, statement of result and offer letter, Coventry invoice and Nysc certificate. Bro for the past one week the transaction didn’t go through the bank said they need my school stamp on my statement of result, I asked them that how is that supposed to be an issue
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by obi4eze(m): 9:14am On Jun 04, 2021
mzkolawole:

Yes they do as long as your English Language Is not less than c6. However some courses require c5 especially those with placement.

Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by canadaishome: 9:20am On Jun 04, 2021
How long does it take Sheffield Hallam University to issue CAS after paying the deposit?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by boommer: 9:22am On Jun 04, 2021
Hello good morning all. im trying to do teesside mandatory questionnaire but counldnt find the link in my application portal. Please can anybody assist me with the link?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Therealchi(f): 9:42am On Jun 04, 2021
@Yetunde62 so great…please check your email.

Yetunde62:
@thereachi
Good morning everyone
I am also going to the university of west England for masters this September.
We can talk better
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by justwise(m): 9:47am On Jun 04, 2021
Deering1008:
@justwise @gurus in the house, if peradventure you’re ask ‘why the study gap’ during interview how can one best answer the question?

Explain what you did during that period
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by justwise(m): 9:49am On Jun 04, 2021
Dj2019:
Hello gurus in the house, is it advisable to go for Full- time course but offered via online/ distance learning. I am particular about Visa application.@Justwise and others

How much is the tuition fee?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by justwise(m): 9:53am On Jun 04, 2021
faroukalabi:
Good morning, please is there anyone that has been issued CAS by the university of Greenwich.

My spouse paid the initial deposit almost 3 days ago and mailed the evidence of payment but no response yet.

Please is there anyone here trying them too?

@justwise

Still too early to start worrying
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by BigDickhead1: 9:54am On Jun 04, 2021
hapiaka:
I credited someone in the UK who in turn paid with a UK card but the charge was €34 extra for the $ to. € conversion charged by her bank at 1.414

How did u make the crediting? And exchange rate?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Poanan: 10:06am On Jun 04, 2021
Gracely7th:

We're here

Applying for myself and cousin as well. Please how did you go about your transcript?

(1) (2) (3) ... (411) (412) (413) (414) (415) (416) (417) ... (886)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.