Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,744 members, 7,831,376 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:54 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 - Travel (45) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (1322870 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (886) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Greenville990: 7:58pm On Jan 08, 2021
pwettyhardey:

When your wife was filling her TB form online, what type of sponsor did she choose?

She did not fill any form for TB test. I did for a family of 3

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Samgalaxy: 8:01pm On Jan 08, 2021
Congratulations, my university friend!

Greenville990:

VISA ALERT!!!

UKVI Tier 4 Student Route Decision: 20/10/2020 (End SARS massacre)

Admission: 28/10/2020

TB Medicals: 11/12/2020

CAS Application: 11/12/2020

CAS Received: 23/12/2020 (really delayed)

Application: 28/12/2020

Biometrics (TLS Abuja): 31/12/2020
(Celebrated new year in a night bus from Abuja to Lagos)

Decision mail: 6/01/2021

Collection mail: 7/01/2021

DHL delivered: 8/01/2021

P:S. Family of 3. My wife retained her maiden name. Priority

to those expecting
just be patient

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by justinaa2012: 8:03pm On Jan 08, 2021
laawale:
VISA alert

Biometrics: 22/12/2020
Decision mail: 31/12/2020
Collection mail: 07/01/2021

All thanks to God, I was so scared because I forgot to upload my TB test certificate.

Who else is heading to Sheffield Hallam university. Let’s link up please
Pls did you pay for assisted service on the day you did biometric for TB test upload?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Samgalaxy: 8:08pm On Jan 08, 2021
about 400 USD
bluehorizo:
Pls what is the USD equivalent of the 220GBP priority payment? Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jan 08, 2021
SandraDee:
Noticed that you modified your quote...thanks. One more reference to the name remains oh...the second sentence. Please help edit too.

cheesy ok thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Motayoju: 8:19pm On Jan 08, 2021
About 300$

Samgalaxy:
about 400 USD
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by laawale(m): 8:28pm On Jan 08, 2021
justinaa2012:
Pls did you pay for assisted service on the day you did biometric for TB test upload?

It was self service, I didn’t upload it online and I was done with biometrics before I remembered that I had omitted it. I just sent them a mail where I attached the file.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Thanksss: 9:22pm On Jan 08, 2021
Rolla20:
Well-done every one for helpful information provided on this platform. I was denied CAS by my school for January intake after meeting all their condition of offer, including payment of 50 percent payment of school fees and providing TB certificate. Their reason was that I have high refusal record with the immigration. Please kindly advice on my next step of action and also how can I correct my TB certificate since the school address is already on it. For the school fees, they had already sent me a refund application form to fill which I had done already. Am really down thinking of next action. I really want to join January or February intake. I have all the requirements ready.
Apply for February intake or wait till May,I will advise you not to declare your refusal to schools but u most declare all refusal wen applying for visa

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Pegzzyg(f): 9:27pm On Jan 08, 2021
Sorry about this experience, some schools wahala is too much.... Please, would you mind sharing the name of the school so as to help another applicant with not having heartaches too
Rolla20:
Well-done every one for helpful information provided on this platform. I was denied CAS by my school for January intake after meeting all their condition of offer, including payment of 50 percent payment of school fees and providing TB certificate. Their reason was that I have high refusal record with the immigration. Please kindly advice on my next step of action and also how can I correct my TB certificate since the school address is already on it. For the school fees, they had already sent me a refund application form to fill which I had done already. Am really down thinking of next action. I really want to join January or February intake. I have all the requirements ready.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Ezriela: 10:02pm On Jan 08, 2021
So sorry about this experience,check university of Chester for may admission. Wat sch is this pls
Rolla20:
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Ezriela: 10:03pm On Jan 08, 2021
Are u sure the school doesn't share information with the UKVI ?
Thanksss:

Apply for February intake or wait till May,I will advise you not to declare your refusal to schools but u most declare all refusal wen applying for visa
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by aussielover: 10:07pm On Jan 08, 2021
I am looking for a two bedroom apartment in newcastle (anywhere close to the city Centre ) , anywhere good for a family , and the landlord should be willing to rent out the house to a student .
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Greenville990: 10:11pm On Jan 08, 2021
Samgalaxy:
Congratulations, my university friend!

Soon, I will congratulate you too. My Salford colleague

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by cuntento(m): 10:13pm On Jan 08, 2021
Hello

Is the NPC attestation of Birth acceptable at UKVI as proof of birth certificate
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Haupeey: 10:21pm On Jan 08, 2021
bluehorizo:
Can I pm you pls?

Of course...sure you can
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Haupeey: 10:22pm On Jan 08, 2021
kcmontez:
Congratulations Hope

See you soon!

Yes oo...Thanks alot for your support. Your reassurance really calmed me down during the wait �
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Bourne007(m): 10:23pm On Jan 08, 2021
Due to Data Protection Act, they can't share such information to any third party unless you give consent.

Ezriela:
Are u sure the school doesn't share information with the UKVI ?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Thanksss: 10:32pm On Jan 08, 2021
sherilycious:
Please is it that they are not attending to standard visa for now. all I am seeing here recently is priority. Did biometrics Dec11th I am yet to get decision mail.
I tire oo, guess they want everyone to do priority which is not possible,that why they are leaving standard application purposely, all will end in praise last last

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by luckygirl02(f): 10:42pm On Jan 08, 2021
sherilycious:
Please is it that they are not attending to standard visa for now. all I am seeing here recently is priority. Did biometrics Dec11th I am yet to get decision mail.

Standard application for a family of 3. We did biometrics on Dec 14 and 15 and we all got decision mails yesterday Jan 7. Hopefully you get your decision mail by Monday.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Ezriela: 10:44pm On Jan 08, 2021
Thanks
Bourne007:
Due to Data Protection Act, they can't share such information to any third party unless you give consent.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Thanksss: 11:05pm On Jan 08, 2021
luckygirl02:

Family of 3, we did biometrics on Dec 14 and 15 and we all got decision mails yesterday Jan 7. Hopefully you get your decision mail by Monday.
Standard or priority??
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by mimilyrics: 11:37pm On Jan 08, 2021
It should be since it's legally acceptable as a form of birth evidence in Nigeria but you should include a cover letter to explain the attestation of birth since you don't have an actual birth certificate to submit. This will ensure that the ECO doesn't discount it in case s/he isn't familiar with the use of birth attestation certificates in Nigeria.
cuntento:
Hello

Is the NPC attestation of Birth acceptable at UKVI as proof of birth certificate

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by NomzyJust(m): 11:42pm On Jan 08, 2021
SandraDee:
@NomzyJust ... my paga person...well done!!

Sandyyy. You have a part to play too. I Followed your lead.
Thank you very much.

I am in the UK now btw

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by fabzizy93(m): 11:42pm On Jan 08, 2021
Visa Alert
Standard
Visa application: 1st Dec.
Biometrics: 8th December
Decision mail: 4th January
Collection mail: 8th January
Collected 8th January.
Visa Granted!!
���� thanks to everyone.

11 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by mattfeuter(m): 11:53pm On Jan 08, 2021
aussielover:
Just in case they call straight what are likely interview questions?

Here you go wink

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by omopapa: 11:55pm On Jan 08, 2021
Depends on ur situation. If u have experience in Nigeria then u apply via the international route. Otherwise, do the IBMS assessment, the outcome will determine how much modules u need to do which will then explain whether a masters will cover for it or just top modules will be enough.

The 5 weeks training will need you to be in the UK for it so it’s better for people already in

Zoe1234:
Hello @omopapa, I came across the advice you gave to biological science graduates concerning seeking for IBMS assessment, undergoing 5 weeks of training, and directly applying for jobs (rather than going for a master's in Biomedical Sciences). Does this process require 2 years of working experience in a diagnostic lab in Nigeria?
Also, since the top-up modules might be online, how do I get into the UK for the 5 weeks of training since I might not be eligible for 2 years of post-study work permit. I am a bit confused. Please help me understand it. Thanks for your assistance so far

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by mattfeuter(m): 12:00am On Jan 09, 2021
Miide2:
VISA ALERT!!!
application -3rd of december
biometrics- 7th of december (Priority)
decision mail - 11th of December
collection mail- 6th January 2021

After 3 canadian refusals All i can say is Thank you Jesus

to those expecting
just be patient

Congrats brethren cheesy

Told you not to bother with escalation calls.

The queen awaits you grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by femsmile(m): 1:23am On Jan 09, 2021
Pls I will appreciate if anyone can snap or write out their consent letter from wife to husband and from parents to child.... wife is the applicant, husband and 2kids are the dependant.... Cheers
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Harveyt299: 5:29am On Jan 09, 2021
Where can someone get winter cloth in lagos

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by R0LL0N(m): 6:47am On Jan 09, 2021
harkintem:

I did mine today (walk in) around 8:41Am. You just have to be there before 12:00 noon if you don’t have an appointment time
Thanks for the info

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (886)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15

Viewing this topic: adeniranfam(f) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.