Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,761 members, 7,817,102 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:38 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 - Travel (475) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (1309261 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (472) (473) (474) (475) (476) (477) (478) ... (886) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Hanoon: 10:46am On Jun 18, 2021
Ojasope1:
Visa Alert! Visa Alert!! Visa Alert!!!

Application date: 28 May
Biometric: 1 June
Collection email: 17 June
Collection date: 18 June
Visa valid: 1 month prior course start date
Type: Standard
Main Applicant- spouse
University: SHU

Dependant submitting soon.
Ojasope at last, thanks to everyone. All the best.
Congrats! Was there an interview pls?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Rubiomo: 10:51am On Jun 18, 2021
justwise:

One of the reasons why they are hard on you about this question is because you did not visit their website to read more about the university.

All the universities put out a lot of positive vibes about their institution on their website, they pretty much market each course trying to convince prospective students

Thank you so much for this insight. I'm on it right away.

Please assist with the other questions.

An example is this link from their website https://www1.chester.ac.uk/international/why-chester

https://www1.chester.ac.uk/why-chester

They gave you 10 points/reasons why their school is the best place for international students.

All you need to do now is to pick each point and put your own twist to it.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Bisolar: 10:51am On Jun 18, 2021
Biko, people of God, Is it my imagination or has pounds really reduced from 580 to 571 on oanda?

I thought I was seeing double when I clicked am. I had to recheck the date twice.
Biko this thing should not jump up the way it is jumping down. Make it just dey go down down down and remain there.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by hustla(m): 10:52am On Jun 18, 2021
Bisolar:
Biko, people of God, Is it my imagination or has pounds really reduced from 580 to 571 on oanda?

I thought I was seeing double when I clicked am. I had to recheck the date twice.
Biko this thing should not jump up the way it is jumping down. Make it just dey go down down down and remain there.

LOL it has reduced

Noticed it too

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Rubiomo: 10:53am On Jun 18, 2021
shadlyblinks:

Pls when did you apply. I'm yet to receive a response from them since I applied on June 3rd

I applied around the 28th of May and they've responded twice already.

If my forms were properly filled, I'm sure I would have received my CAS by now
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Hanoon: 10:53am On Jun 18, 2021
Ojasope1:

Main Applicant- spouse

justwise:

One of the reasons why they are hard on you about this question is because you did not visit their website to read more about the university.

All the universities put out a lot of positive vibes about their institution on their website, they pretty much market each course trying to convince prospective students

An example is this link from their website https://www1.chester.ac.uk/international/why-chester

https://www1.chester.ac.uk/why-chester

They gave you 10 points/reasons why their school is the best place for international students.

All you need to do now is to pick each point and put your own twist to it.
Pls, my course is 2years course, will I pay for one year IHS/surcharge or 2years?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Deering1008: 10:57am On Jun 18, 2021
Congratulations to you.. From my observation I think most standard visa takes 13 working days.. Though the waiting is killing, it helps save some few extra dollars
Ojasope1:

Main Applicant- spouse

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Optimally: 11:05am On Jun 18, 2021
Destiny20five:
Thank you very much for your detailed response. Pls i got lost a bit, I have printed my checklist and I didn't upload it as part of my documents. You said something about ticking it and reuploading it to them. I thought I would give my passport and the check list to them on that day or am I supposed to upload the checklist myself before the biometrics?

check the checklist you printed, there's a place you're to tick for compulsory documents as what you're giving to support your application, I think they can be found on page 2 and page 4, tick them, scan it and upload under other category, though I don't think it's compulsory, but my school rep says I will have to do it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by ukapplicant: 11:09am On Jun 18, 2021
Oh OK thank you. Congratulations once again
Ojasope1:

No interview except the one done by the School for issuance of CAS.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Optimally: 11:22am On Jun 18, 2021
Ojasope1:

Main Applicant- spouse

congratulations and all the very best in this new chapter of your life

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Angelswt(f): 11:31am On Jun 18, 2021
Congratulations!

Ojasope1:

Main Applicant- spouse

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Nmagna(m): 11:44am On Jun 18, 2021
Ok cool
yormieK:
Electrical and electronics engineering
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Brimmie(m): 11:46am On Jun 18, 2021
Ojasope1:

Main Applicant- spouse

It’s your name for me! cheesy
Congratulations! Ojasope!

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Orofun1: 11:48am On Jun 18, 2021
Congratulations
Ojasope1:

Main Applicant- spouse

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Ojasope1: 11:52am On Jun 18, 2021
Brimmie:

It’s your name for me! cheesy
Congratulations! Ojasope!

Thanks cheesy
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by sesther(m): 11:53am On Jun 18, 2021
Congratulations, kindly share your experience with the interviewer as I await to do mine next weekend. Thanks

Ojasope1:

No interview except the one done by the School for issuance of CAS.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Ojasope1: 11:54am On Jun 18, 2021
Deering1008:
Congratulations to you.. From my observation I think most standard visa takes 13 working days.. Though the waiting is killing, it helps save some few extra dollars

Yeah most likely, some even got earlier. Mehn, the waiting was killing. Glory be to God at the end.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by kayLion(m): 11:56am On Jun 18, 2021
AAO7:

I hope you’ve at least booked your biometrics.
It’s fine.
Just go ahead and book your biometrics and also upload your documents before going for biometrics. Biometric dates are scarce.
Try going to IOM to get an earlier booking

Good morning,

Please at what point does one book for Biometrics? If one does a priority visa application, will it make the applicant get a slot for biometrics?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Orofun1: 11:58am On Jun 18, 2021
Good morning ladies and gentlemen, I applied online for my daughter's international passport and after payment, on the acknowledgement page instead of the date for biometric enrollment I was asked to contact the passport's office, has anybody experienced the same thing
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Ojasope1: 11:58am On Jun 18, 2021
sesther:
Congratulations, kindly share your experience with the interviewer as I await to do mine next weekend. Thanks

Basically get to know your course details, why you choose SHU and the course, about the city, also your tuition in £, how much you have paid as deposit and the balance, travel history,etc.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by AAO7(f): 11:59am On Jun 18, 2021
Preshyi:
Does the scarce biometrics date also apply to priority visa? How many days apart can one get for biometrics after submitting the application?

I paid for priority, I submitted 3rd of June & got 8th June (the weekend was in between)!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by AAO7(f): 12:02pm On Jun 18, 2021
kayLion:

Good morning,

Please at what point does one book for Biometrics? If one does a priority visa application, will it make the applicant get a slot for biometrics?

After submitting your visa application online, you’ll see the prompt for “provide documents & biometrics “
When you click on this, you’ll be redirected to the TLS Website where you’ll have the option of paying for TLS services like courier, sms & UKVI services like priority, etc.

After you select all the services, you’ll then select a date and then make your payment.

I hope this helps

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by sesther(m): 12:04pm On Jun 18, 2021
Hello , gurus in the house. What does placement by university mean?

What rate is expected to use when saving money for POF? Black market or cbn rates?

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by AAO7(f): 12:04pm On Jun 18, 2021
Hanoon:

Pls, my course is 2years course, will I pay for one year IHS/surcharge or 2years?

2 years. I was charged $1734.26

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by sesther(m): 12:06pm On Jun 18, 2021
Okay. Thanks.
Oro gbogbo wa lo ma jasope

Ojasope1:

Basically get to know your course details, why you choose SHU and the course, about the city, also your tuition in £, how much you have paid as deposit and the balance, travel history,etc.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by AAO7(f): 12:08pm On Jun 18, 2021
Olumike09:
Please I need an urgent reply, I want to apply for UK student visa and I used my Dad as my sponsor. Can I have the funds in my personal account since my income can not justify the fund or it is a must I use my Dads' since I am stating that he is my sponsor?
Thanks.

You can either use your account or your dads but just ensure your required funds have been held for 28 days at least.
I used my dad as my sponsor & his account. You’ll need a letter from him stating he’s sponsoring you & of course your birth certificate to show proof of relationship.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by AAO7(f): 12:10pm On Jun 18, 2021
Ojasope1:

Main Applicant- spouse

Congratulations! It ended in praises!!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by AAO7(f): 12:12pm On Jun 18, 2021
sesther:
Hello , gurus in the house. What does placement by university mean?

What rate is expected to use when saving money for POF? Black market or cbn rates?

Thanks

Placement is also known as internship (to the best of my knowledge).

The O&A rates are used by the VO while checking the application but due to the exchange rate fluctuations, I advice you save at 650 naira to a pound. Gives some room for the rise & fall.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Olumike09: 12:27pm On Jun 18, 2021
Thank you for the reply, my question is that can I use my statement of account while I fill my Dad as my sponsor?
AAO7:

You can either use your account or your dads but just ensure your required funds have been held for 28 days at least.
I used my dad as my sponsor & his account. You’ll need a letter from him stating he’s sponsoring you & of course your birth certificate to show proof of relationship.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by AAO7(f): 12:33pm On Jun 18, 2021
Olumike09:
Thank you for the reply, my question is that can I use my statement of account while I fill my Dad as my sponsor?

I’m not sure there will be a need for that but the gurus are in a better position to answer. Isn’t it just more straightforward to use your dads?; except of course there’s a special reason.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Samadhii(m): 12:37pm On Jun 18, 2021
pwettyhardey:

My sister and her husband went to their office to book last 2 weeks (manual booking). And they were able to get today, they went for their TB test today with their kid.
Please, which center is this?
Did they pay on the test date or booking date?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by kayLion(m): 12:37pm On Jun 18, 2021
AAO7:

After submitting your visa application online, you’ll see the prompt for “provide documents & biometrics “
When you click on this, you’ll be redirected to the TLS Website where you’ll have the option of paying for TLS services like courier, sms & UKVI services like priority, etc.

After you select all the services, you’ll then select a date and then make your payment.

I hope this helps

Thank you for your response. From different messages on this thread, I am inferring that the biometric slots are kind of scarce, so I want to know if paying for a priority visa makes you get a slot or slots are independent of priority or normal visa application.

Thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (472) (473) (474) (475) (476) (477) (478) ... (886)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.