Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,775 members, 7,810,020 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:46 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 - Travel (474) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (1301970 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (471) (472) (473) (474) (475) (476) (477) ... (886) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by shadlyblinks: 2:45am On Jun 18, 2021
Rubiomo:
Good evening. I am currently on my CAS application for the university of Chester. I have filled the Genuine Intention to study form twice but they keep returning it saying that it's not properly filled. I don't know what they are expecting anymore In terms of this form. I would really appreciate any assistance I can get.

Pls when did you apply. I'm yet to receive a response from them since I applied on June 3rd
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Panacea278: 4:13am On Jun 18, 2021
Amylew:

Wow. 2 weeks?
Well it could be lesser than that.
Just have hope.
The UBA sef wey I use never debit. And there's public holiday Monday.
Good day, have UBA debited you yet? If yes when. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Kemifaj: 5:40am On Jun 18, 2021
Good morning house, please can I book biometric before visa application,do I need proof of funds to book biometric and when is the right time to book biometric.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by hustla(m): 6:27am On Jun 18, 2021
Kemifaj:
Good morning house, please can I book biometric before visa application,do I need proof of funds to book biometric and when is the right time to book biometric.

Very good question
Will make sense if it can be done ahead

EDIT:

Cant be done ahead
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Optimally: 6:31am On Jun 18, 2021
DeeOneBangin:

Sorry don’t mind me oooo, do you mean the bio-data page of your int’l passport?
hello, please go with your complete passport for your appointment, it will be taken from you and returned when they're done with it, also you need to take your checklist that you printed with you, there's a place you're suppose to sign, don't sing it yet, only tick the compulsory documents and reupload the checklist to then, it's part of the documents your submitting online, the two basic things you're to take to your appointment is your complete international passport and your checklist, but you can carry all your docs as back up in case they said there's something you failed to upload, I said complete international passport because you were talking about data page

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by hustla(m): 6:32am On Jun 18, 2021
Optimally:
Don't forget he/she will need to upload IOM certificate also, as a result, he can't book biometric date yet, because I heard he/she can only do that after upload and submission which will only happen after IHS and Visa fee has been paid

Guess not
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Optimally: 6:39am On Jun 18, 2021
Preshyi:
What if a person chooses assisted service, can you get a date for biometrics even without the Tb test and then
you can use the biometrics date as proof for them to facilitate your test?? I was at the IOM office yesterday and they said they only facilitate appointments for people that have deadlines to meet.
so sorry, there was error in part of my earlier comment, after paying IHS and Visa fee, you can actually book a date for appointment, it's when you've booked a date that you can now go ahead and upload your documents, so yes, whether assisted service or not, you can get a date for appointment and use it as a bargaining chip at IOM if it's possible.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by olori101: 6:52am On Jun 18, 2021
Please they asked for parents consent when filling the UK application for my kids. I will be applying with my wife and kids, do we still need to attach a consent letter from both of us and is it compulsory we all do bio-metric at same-time?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by olabode1e: 7:14am On Jun 18, 2021
Hi all, anyone here going to Liverpool Hope Univesity? currently waiting on CAS
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Orofun1: 7:20am On Jun 18, 2021
I filled mine once and I have gotten my CAS, maybe your answers were not detailed enough...for instance the question 3 you can talk about the location of the school, the quality of academics in the school, accreditation of the course, awards/ranking, low tuition, link with industries...etc
Rubiomo:

The first time they returned it, they said I should fill it more in-depth which I did and sent it back.

They responded with specific questions that I should answer again

Question 3: Why did you choose to study in the University of Chester?
Question 4: Why did you choose your course and how is it related to your previous study?
Question 9: What do you know about the University of Chester?
Question 10: What do you know about the city where your studies are conducted?

I have filled this form twice and they are still not satisfied. I wish I can get insight from someone who has filled this form successfully.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Orofun1: 7:21am On Jun 18, 2021
I think about 2 to 3 weeks
shadlyblinks:

Pls how long did it take before they got back to you. I applied since June 3rd.no response yet
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Amylew: 7:31am On Jun 18, 2021
Panacea278:

Good day, have UBA debited you yet? If yes when. Thanks

Yes oh. On Tuesday. Telex came Wednesday.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Hanoon: 8:08am On Jun 18, 2021
justwise:
Part 5 is here please continue posting your questions/inquires here,

See part here for references https://www.nairaland.com/5816163/uk-student-visa-tier-4

For more update info visit this website https://www.gov.uk/student-visa/money

Below material from mimilyrics gives you all the info you need

Happy Xmas! and all the very best to all prospective students!!!

Pls, how much is IHS for 2years course?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by giselle237: 8:13am On Jun 18, 2021
olori101:
Please they asked for parents consent when filling the UK application for my kids. I will be applying with my wife and kids, do we still need to attach a consent letter from both of us and is it compulsory we all do bio-metric at same-time?
but the form clearly says consent letter is compulsory... why are you still asking?
U need to submit a consent letter signed by both parents with full names and otherwise.. the content of the letter is stated when u are filling d form for the child. just do as u are asked.
For biometric- it is not compulsory u all do urs at same time.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by TheGuyFromHR: 8:23am On Jun 18, 2021
olori101:

The consent letter has to be signed by you both.
Not compulsory you all do biometrics at the same time.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by folaranmi1009: 8:42am On Jun 18, 2021
Will do that asap... thank you
K4daniel:

Tell the CSU to please call the head office to know how far with your form A. Tell her It's been ages that you've applied lol. Two weeks now, Other banks don't delay as this.( In a polite manner)
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Debbymuna: 8:59am On Jun 18, 2021
hello house, @justwise and @mimilyrics please i need help and confirmation on proof of funds. My brother is the one providing it but we cannot use his account because he's not my guardian but my mom is not a business woman she's always been a stay at home mom so please how do we prove that she has that money or how the money got to her, can we say my brother is providing it? and can i use my account even if my work and savings cannot sufficiently prove that i can afford it....please any advice will be greatly appreciated.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by AirBay: 9:03am On Jun 18, 2021
Debbymuna:
hello house, @justwise and @mimilyrics please i need help and confirmation on proof of funds. My brother is the one providing it but we cannot use his account because he's not my guardian but my mom is not a business woman she's always been a stay at home mom so please how do we prove that she has that money or how the money got to her, can we say my brother is providing it? and can i use my account even if my work and savings cannot sufficiently prove that i can afford it....please any advice will be greatly appreciated.

UK does not require the source. You just need to lodge the money in your bank or mum's bank for 28days

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Debbymuna: 9:09am On Jun 18, 2021
AirBay:

UK does not require the source. You just need to lodge the money in your bank or mum's bank for 28days

ok thank you so much

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Ta(m): 9:25am On Jun 18, 2021
aabiemi:
Anyone going to UWE Bristol in September that has paid tuition deposit pls link up can't seem to figure the account details out. Plssss help

The instructions provided to you by another person on this platform is spot on. You should have received a message on your UWE welcome page, something like: "Tuition fee deposit - remember to pay it". They'll direct you to flywire which is their recommended payment platform (https://payment.flywire.com/pay/payment). You'd fill in your student number and other information and choose "International bank transfer" as your payment option. Flywire would generate an authorization letter (PDF) that has your transaction reference, bank details and instructions.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by scobyy2007: 10:05am On Jun 18, 2021
ask Stanbic to send you the telex copy.

Brimmie:

Lmao grin Afi Agbako Bank.

I think you should give them more time. It’s going to 2weeks now since Stanbic debited me, Bournemouth is yet to receive my £3k deposit.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by justwise(m): 10:06am On Jun 18, 2021
Rubiomo:

The first time they returned it, they said I should fill it more in-depth which I did and sent it back.

They responded with specific questions that I should answer again

Question 3: Why did you choose to study in the University of Chester?
Question 4: Why did you choose your course and how is it related to your previous study?
Question 9: What do you know about the University of Chester?
Question 10: What do you know about the city where your studies are conducted?

I have filled this form twice and they are still not satisfied. I wish I can get insight from someone who has filled this form successfully.

This is common when your answers are generic and not detailed enough.

What were your answer to those questions? Then i may be able to help with a bit more details
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Ojasope1: 10:07am On Jun 18, 2021
Visa Alert! Visa Alert!! Visa Alert!!!

Application date: 28 May
Biometric: 1 June
Collection email: 17 June
Collection date: 18 June
Visa valid: 1 month prior course start date
Type: Standard
Main Applicant- spouse
University: SHU

Dependant submitting soon.
Ojasope at last, thanks to everyone. All the best.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by stefanimay: 10:10am On Jun 18, 2021
Good day all, pls I need an urgent reply
My sister has gotten her CAS and wants to apply for her visa however the funds for her dependants has not matured..
Now, is it advisable to apply for herself and state she is not going with her dependants for now?
And then apply for her dependants later in July when their funds has matured.

Will this pose any problem atall? Yor urgent response would be appreciated.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Rubiomo: 10:21am On Jun 18, 2021
justwise:

This is common when your answers are generic and not detailed enough.

What were your answer to those questions? Then i may be able to help with a bit more details

Answer to Question 3........why did you choose the University of Chester?

University of Chester is my top choice of University to study for a masters degree in Public Health because the Public Health Skills and Career framework (UK) was taken into consideration while formulation the course modules. This all of the important public health competency areas are integrated into the course as offered by the University. The course content offers a very practical and realistic approach to learning.

Also because of the strong international program, studying at the University of Chester will also avail me the opportunity to meet people from different cultures and backgrounds, which will further broaden my perspective, make me more culturally-aware and enable me practice delivering my duties along with a diverse team of individuals. This would likely be the case in the future as I wish to make a global impact.

The University of Chester is located in Chester which is such a beautiful city with an extremely rich culture, history and even architecture. Being a campus city, I look forward to the closely knit, communal living lifestyle and the serene environment in Chester

Answer to question 4......why did you pick public health and how is it related to your previous study?

I have always wanted to devote my skills and knowledge to the service of the people around me. I have done that for as long as I can remember, in different capacities. However, a Masters degree in Public Health will equip me with additional skills and expertise necessary to widen my reach and increase my impact in the field of Public Health. I believe that attaining this degree is the necessary next step that will help me reach my goal of contributing to the improvement of health practices and standards of healthcare delivered in my community, country and the world at large.

Public Health is a direct extension and advancement of some of the modules I took during my Bachelor's degree in Biochemistry.
Modules like Epidemiology and Statistics as well as Communicable diseases in public health are a continuation and upgrade of courses like basic microbiology, statistical methods and even principles of management which I took in my bachelor's degree.

I also believe that my Bachelors degree in Biochemistry is not only directly related to the field of Public Health, but my acquired skills and knowledge will be essential in helping me successfully complete a Masters degree in Public Health, as well as going on to be a competent Public Health worker.

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by ukapplicant: 10:22am On Jun 18, 2021
Congratulations . please can you share some of your visa credibility interview questions?
Ojasope1:
Visa Alert! Visa Alert!! Visa Alert!!!

Application date: 28 May
Biometric: 1 June
Collection email: 17 June
Collection date: 18 June
Visa valid: 1 month prior course start date
Type: Standard
Main Applicant- spouse
University: SHU

Dependant submitting soon.
Ojasope at last, thanks to everyone. All the best.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Destiny20five: 10:22am On Jun 18, 2021
Thank you very much for your detailed response. Pls i got lost a bit, I have printed my checklist and I didn't upload it as part of my documents. You said something about ticking it and reuploading it to them. I thought I would give my passport and the check list to them on that day or am I supposed to upload the checklist myself before the biometrics?

Optimally:
hello, please go with your complete passport for your appointment, it will be taken from you and returned when they're done with it, also you need to take your checklist that you printed with you, there's a place you're suppose to sign, don't sing it yet, only tick the compulsory documents and reupload the checklist to then, it's part of the documents your submitting online, the two basic things you're to take to your appointment is your complete international passport and your checklist, but you can carry all your docs as back up in case they said there's something you failed to upload, I said complete international passport because you were talking about data page
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Olumike09: 10:28am On Jun 18, 2021
Please I need an urgent reply, I want to apply for UK student visa and I used my Dad as my sponsor. Can I have the funds in my personal account since my income can not justify the fund or it is a must I use my Dads' since I am stating that he is my sponsor?
Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by justwise(m): 10:34am On Jun 18, 2021
Rubiomo:

Answer:
University of Chester is my top choice of University to study for a masters degree in Public Health because the Public Health Skills and Career framework (UK) was taken into consideration while formulation the course modules. This all of the important public health competency areas are integrated into the course as offered by the University. The course content offers a very practical and realistic approach to learning.

Also because of the strong international program, studying at the University of Chester will also avail me the opportunity to meet people from different cultures and backgrounds, which will further broaden my perspective, make me more culturally-aware and enable me practice delivering my duties along with a diverse team of individuals. This would likely be the case in the future as I wish to make a global impact.

The University of Chester is located in Chester which is such a beautiful city with an extremely rich culture, history and even architecture. Being a campus city, I look forward to the closely knit, communal living lifestyle and the serene environment in Chester.

This was my answer to question 3; why university of Chester?

One of the reasons why they are hard on you about this question is because you did not visit their website to read more about the university.

All the universities put out a lot of positive vibes about their institution on their website, they pretty much market each course trying to convince prospective students

An example is this link from their website https://www1.chester.ac.uk/international/why-chester

https://www1.chester.ac.uk/why-chester

They gave you 10 points/reasons why their school is the best place for international students.

All you need to do now is to pick each point and put your own twist to it.

8 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by scobyy2007: 10:35am On Jun 18, 2021
Melahou:

Please can you help me with the dollar equivalent and the break down for the value of
£4,212 that you got.

Thank you.
Approximately $5,900

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by K4daniel: 10:35am On Jun 18, 2021
Kemifaj:
Good morning house, please can I book biometric before visa application, do I need proof of funds to book biometric and when is the right time to book biometric.

You cannot make a successful visa application or biometric until your proof of fund has been in your bank for 28 days, you will not be offered a biometric appointment until after you've applied for the visa.

You cannot apply for the visa without your pof 28 days confirmed. If you apply for the visa before your money has been ready for 28 days your visa will be refused and you will not be offered a biometric appointment at all. Let's wait for one thing at a time, TB, pof, all have its time. Remember home office has a rule the visa officer or caseworker is following. Let's be guided so we don't waste money. (My opinion) Ire ooo.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Ojasope1: 10:41am On Jun 18, 2021
ukapplicant:
Congratulations . please can you share some of your visa credibility interview questions?

No interview except the one done by the School for issuance of CAS.

(1) (2) (3) ... (471) (472) (473) (474) (475) (476) (477) ... (886)

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.