Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,011 members, 7,817,981 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:32 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (1309847 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (886) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by mimilyrics: 8:56pm On Dec 28, 2020
1. Yes, you can but for your sister, you will need your parents' death certificates, her birth certificate (with your parents listed as hers and as a link to the death certificates), your birth certificate (to show that you've got same parents), a court document showing that you have parental responsibility for your sister and evidence that you've been the sole person taking care of her ie. Tuition fee payments, letter from her school/doctor stating her residential address is same as yours and that you're the parent figure on file for her.
If you can adopt her, you wouldn't need the above but it's a lengthy and stressful process in Nigeria.
You will need your son's birth certificate in addition to the consent letter from his father. You'll also need proof of funds for both of them up to a maximum of 9 months and their passports.

2. I think it's possible since you've got some experience in the health sector. You'll need to have a certain number of hours in the field depending on what course you're looking at but some will require you to have done some science-related courses. Check the website of schools that match your criteria for their entry requirements.

3. Yes, you're allowed but if you're looking at meeting the long residence requirements which is usually 10 years, there's a limit to the time that you can spend outside the UK.
If you get a T2 sponsorship at the end of your course (which effectively puts you on the 5-year route), the time spent in/out of the UK while on the student visa doesn't matter.

4. Depends on the intake you're looking at. Some apply as long as a year before the course to up to a month before to give you time for your visa processing.
Menab:
Good evening everyone. Thanks to everyone making this platform great.. I want to apply for masters in the UK around September or November next year that is if there are schools that have November intake. I am a single mum to a 7 yrs old boy and I also have a sister of 15yrs staying with me for 3 years now (our parents are late). My son's father and I are in good terms hence if consent letter is needed he can be provide it my questions are,

1. Can I bring my son and sister as dependant kids with me to the UK? If yes, what documents do I need to provide. I am asking because I want to start preparing for everything on time.

2. I have a Bsc in Mass communication but trained as an auxiliary nurse. Is it possible to do Msc in health related course? I understand in the USA and Canada, there is what is called accelerated nursing but I don't know about the UK. I am trying to switch because I now run a Surrogacy agency and doing a health related course will be helpful for my business.

3, am I allowed to travel out of the UK during my Msc program? Like during breaks? I am asking because of my business

4, when is the best time to start the admission process.. please note that I don't intend to apply for Visa till at most a month to resumption because of POF issue.

Your inputs will be greatly appreciated.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by mimilyrics: 9:03pm On Dec 28, 2020
Do you have joint bills or bank accounts? Do you have a tenancy agreement/payments in your joint names? Evidence of living at the same address is also required ie. Same address on your driver's licence, voter's card, bank statements, correspondence from your doctor etc. These should ideally cover the last 2 years, if possible.

The above documents in addition to other documents that can prove that you have a genuine and subsisting relationship in addition to a cover letter explaining the background of and circumstances surrounding your relationship to enable the ECO make a favorable decision.

Note that getting a visa via this route is at the discretion of the ECO and is dependent on how well you are able to prove that your relationship is genuine and not as a means to bypass the immigration rules
Towotowo:
Good day everyone

Pls i would love to know if my fiance and apply for a dependent visa as we have been staying together for more than 2 years. I would love to know if its possible and the documents that will be required for the application

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Kemkem93: 9:03pm On Dec 28, 2020
Pls and pls somebody should tell us how to get priority paid?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by slimdolyin(m): 10:15pm On Dec 28, 2020
Visa fee: £348
Priority: £220
You can pay priority through your local ATM card

Kemkem93:
Pls and pls somebody should tell us how to get priority paid?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Salishabib: 10:45pm On Dec 28, 2020
I need a candid advice please.

I got a partial scholarship of £5000 & £500 monthly stipend for the length of study.. and my tuition is £18000. All I have is just enough to cover additional £1000 what advice I do.

Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Haywhy3233: 11:20pm On Dec 28, 2020
hello house, anyone to advice how to seek an affordable two bedroom flat or a double bed apartment for couples and two kids in Bournemouth ?

2. secondly, do i need to pay for priority for each member of the family?

3. what should I fill in the column where i will be staying while in the uk on the application form?

4. what proof of accommodation can i show at the point of entry in case am unable to make a reservation before traveling.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by awumen: 11:26pm On Dec 28, 2020
slimdolyin:
Visa fee: £348
Priority: £220
You can pay priority through your local ATM card

Please confirm,that priority can be paid with local ATM?
At tls office,right?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by sonofakin: 1:29am On Dec 29, 2020
Please someone should help with an answer
sonofakin:
Good day guys. A friend booked an appointment, paid user fee, and priority service fee on TLS website but did not get an appointment confirmation email. Only got a receipt. What to do abeg?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by hotboss: 4:52am On Dec 29, 2020
Haywhy3233:
hello house, anyone to advice how to seek an affordable two bedroom flat or a double bed apartment for couples and two kids in Bournemouth ?

3. what should I fill in the column where i will be staying while in the uk on the application form?

4. what proof of accommodation can i show at the point of entry in case am unable to make a reservation before traveling.

Pls how long did it take to get CAS from Bournemouth uni.. I'm about to pay deposit but skeptics ig they won't be snake yo give CAS b4 20th when I will be ready to apply.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Chreze(m): 5:20am On Dec 29, 2020
@mimilyrics

You really do a lot and I think you deserve a thank you for what you do on here. It’s really selfless. God bless and continue to give you the strength to keep the good work.

15 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by slimdolyin(m): 6:43am On Dec 29, 2020
No online
awumen:

Please confirm,that priority can be paid with local ATM?
At tls office,right?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by TheGuyFromHR: 7:08am On Dec 29, 2020
Haywhy3233:

1. Try these online agency sites: Zoopla, Rightmove, onthemarket, etc. Note that its not easy to get accommodation in the UK from Nigeria especially if you lack previous history, references, guarantor, etc. - where necessary you should be prepared to pay anything from 3 - 6 months rent upfront to facilitate things.
2. Yes.
3. You don't have to secure accommodation before completing the application form.
4. On a student's visa, you don't need proof of accommodation at POE.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by dulahi770: 7:13am On Dec 29, 2020
I pray we all get the good news we’ve all been waiting for this week.

11 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by R0LL0N(m): 7:31am On Dec 29, 2020
dulahi770:
Amen
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by macbernard: 7:36am On Dec 29, 2020
Amen in Jesus name !!
dulahi770:
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Muol11: 7:50am On Dec 29, 2020
Good morning all, must I perform a transaction on the 28th or 29th day before printing out my bank statement for CAS/visa?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by fabzizy93(m): 8:02am On Dec 29, 2020
Muol11:
Good morning all, must I perform a transaction on the 28th or 29th day before printing out my bank statement for CAS/visa?

Not necessary at all.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Samoludayo: 8:06am On Dec 29, 2020
Please people of God some1 should answer my question:

Can I just go straight to TLS Ikeja to use flexi service @42,000 for biometric? I saw on their website that payment is at the venue.

Please quick answer, I dont live in Lagos and dont want to waste hotel fee and cost of fueling car. I am set to travel to Lagos this morning.

Please answer me. God bless you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Muol11: 8:11am On Dec 29, 2020
ok, so this alone is good enough showing the opening and closing balance on these dates?
fabzizy93:

Not necessary at all.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by iCode2: 8:21am On Dec 29, 2020
Samoludayo:
Please people of God some1 should answer my question:

Can I just go straight to TLS Ikeja to use flexi service @42,000 for biometric? I saw on their website that payment is at the venue.

Please quick answer, I dont live in Lagos and dont want to waste hotel fee and cost of fueling car. I am set to travel to Lagos this morning.

Please answer me. God bless you.
I think that's how it's done. It's called walk in service. Though I learnt flexi at ikeja is tough. You could get there as early as 5am and be number 50+. Tls Victoria Island is the best place for flexi.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Samiattt: 8:21am On Dec 29, 2020
Has anyone who did biometrics upper week (priority) gotten collection mail yet? The wait is tiring
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Miide2: 8:30am On Dec 29, 2020
Samiattt:
Has anyone who did biometrics upper week (priority) gotten collection mail yet? The wait is tiring

when was your biometrics
what date exactly
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Samoludayo: 8:32am On Dec 29, 2020
Thanks God bless. Can I go straight to VI even though my initial normal appointment is Ikeja??

iCode2:
I think that's how it's done. It's called walk in service. Though I learnt flexi at ikeja is tough. You could get there as early as 5am and be number 50+. Tls Victoria Island is the best place for flexi.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by fabzizy93(m): 8:38am On Dec 29, 2020
Muol11:
ok, so this alone is good enough showing the opening and closing balance on these dates?
Yes. 28days.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by TheGuyFromHR: 8:38am On Dec 29, 2020
Samoludayo:
Thanks God bless. Can I go straight to VI even though my initial normal appointment is Ikeja??

No.
Once you've chosen Ikeja, you have to use Ikeja.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by fabzizy93(m): 8:38am On Dec 29, 2020
Any December 8th Standard Biometrics that has received decision mail?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by hotboss: 8:49am On Dec 29, 2020
Pls I need advise.

The earliest time I can apply for Visa is 18th of january which is my TB test date.

And my program start date is 25th january.
I'm scared to make deposit now bcz I don't want my money to get stuck.

Pls I need advise I beg.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by fabzizy93(m): 8:52am On Dec 29, 2020
hotboss:
Pls I need advise.

The earliest time I can apply for Visa is 18th of january which is my TB test date.

And my program start date is 25th january.
I'm scared to make deposit now bcz I don't want my money to get stuck.

Pls I need advise I beg.

If I was in your shoes I’ll go to IOM and try to gate crash and get it done same day. Then will use super priority.

5 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Islamiat01: 8:56am On Dec 29, 2020
fabzizy93:
I’m 8th Dec. I never see anything o
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Dramaqueen12345(f): 8:57am On Dec 29, 2020
Good morning house. Please whats the meaning of MUP Charge for choosing TLS victoria island? And how much is it? Please help
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by bsadebowale: 9:04am On Dec 29, 2020
I had my biometric on 7th, am still expecting the good news too

fabzizy93:
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Samopex05: 9:10am On Dec 29, 2020
Bourne007:
I just checked. He used to live in the UK during his MSc days so he used a former address. All communication was done by email though and Request took 2 weeks to process.

Maybe someone you know in the UK can help process it for you

Thanks for the assistance. My mom and sis live in the uk (British citizens). I will ask either of them to take it up for me.

I have been looking for a way to get those exact dates gan gan so I can put in accurate details when filling my visa application form against May 2021 intake.

Thanks once again, I appreciate.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (886)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.