Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,873 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:53 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 - Travel (749) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (1314112 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (746) (747) (748) (749) (750) (751) (752) ... (886) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Risazii: 11:27pm On Aug 03, 2021
I need your help guys

Risazii:
Good evening all. Gurus in the house please I need your input in this my matter. I already started my course last year but currently in Naija to take my kids and partner. Their POF will be ready by the end of this week but their iom appointment is on the 19th, I plan to submit their applications before the test in order to secure a close date for biometrics. Is their is any rule against this?

Thanks in anticipation of your responses
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by TosinKate(f): 11:31pm On Aug 03, 2021
Most schools want the proof of fund to be in the student's or parents' account. At least the money for the student alone.

However, for the Visa application, all the funds can be in the spouse's account.

DoubleN:
Hello House,

Must the POF be in the Principal Applicants account? Can't the POF be in the accompanying spouse's account?

The School we are processing is saying that the POF must be either in the Applications account or Parents account before CAS can be issued even though they are aware that the applicant is married and marriage certificate, change of name etc. have been shared with them.

Even with his guidance is stated there https://www.gov.uk/guidance/financial-evidence-for-student-and-child-student-route-applicants

Partner account can be used if in UK or accompanying.

Am I missing something here
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Justyno301: 11:31pm On Aug 03, 2021
pinkasso:
It may have been held for 28days but the balance in the 20th of May which wasn't given apart from the expected balance on that date the actual balance on that date may have been below the required balance...I also saw this attached refusal here on Nairaland....
This is enough proof that ukvi checks balance if and when they want to

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by hapiaka: 11:41pm On Aug 03, 2021
I am interested my e mail is
Akintunde. Olutayo@yahoo.com
Sadioyesuf:

To anyone going to Bradford university!!!
I got a house around school area. I need two males students to join me. 10minutes walking distance to school.

Am not asking you to pay any money. You WL pay when you get to Bradford and you see the house. Only two students male. Regardless of faith or tribe. Just honest and decent persons.

I have paid already. The price is very cheap and the accommodation is very nice.

Once again am not asking for any money until u get to the house at Bradford.

Is only two rooms remain in 3 bedroom flat.

If you are interested emails me I WL give u my contact number.

No preferential treatments. Serious minded person need to join me in the house.

Once again am not asking anyone to pay Kobo until you arrive at the house in Bradford.
(Modify)

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Zoey1: 11:44pm On Aug 03, 2021
Only your school can answer that
Some school give CAS without demanding POF, some ask to see it before 28days, some tell you they won't issue until its 28days.
decong:
please, must the money in statement of account be 28days before using it for CAS application or once the money in the account covers the tuition, the statement of account can be use to get the CAS independent of 28days or not please I need people's response. thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Zoey1: 11:47pm On Aug 03, 2021
Yes
Sijuademi:
Good evening good people,

Pls I have a question most the money stays in account after 28 days count
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Zoey1: 11:48pm On Aug 03, 2021
Forever.
Unless you continue to call. Back to back.
adeptonlin:
How long does it take for one to get CAS from University of Hertfordshire?
I submitted my questionaire on 20th July.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Padraic: 11:49pm On Aug 03, 2021
ariyike23:

Got my CAS from Essex last week , exactly 20 working days after I submitted my Pre CAS questionnaire . Though they are a bit slow kos I have people who have also not gotten

Thanks for your response

E slow die ooooo chaiii
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Zoey1: 11:50pm On Aug 03, 2021
Every dime needed must be complete before you count Day 1.
If it goes below at anytime ...you repeat the count.
So you probably just started if the money just got completed.

During your application , your IHS would be calculated for you.
The years you are staying + 6months.
That's what you are paying.
Any card that can do large transactions would fly.
johnsonsegxy:
Good evening o..!

Please i want to ask some questions and i want inputs from any experience students or anyone here.

My account for POF has been running from July 8th (like i have been getting credits to the account from July cool because the account was dormant for one month before (All June, no transactions running on it though 10m was in it) but i resumed crediting the account from July 8th with like 80k every 4 days because i want it to complete 11m for my total expenses and school fee after paying my deposits.

Now it would mature to 28 days by Tomorrow August 4th i.e July 8th to August 4th (Total number of credits for the 28 days is 16 times, debit is 15 times which is bank charges and one time 5k withdrawal

My question is; will these methods of POF affect me cos i heard where people say the money must be deposited there once and left to mature for 28days or i am good to go?

Second question is; my course is 3 years with placement tho the placement is ( study abroad or IT work). Am i to pay 3 years IHS or 4 years IHS?

And what is the best method to pay these charges since our bank card can't handle more than $100. I am talking about $3k-$4k here (Visa, IHS)

Thanks my good people.

One love.

CC: @justwise
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Dumebi213: 12:05am On Aug 04, 2021
yormieK:
Hello @justwise @dumebi @melahou @bourne007 @all an urgent one please
I filled my University as my accomodation address on my application form but fill another post code address for my BRP collection. Is this ok at all? A double check on my form now, I think i should have filled my uni post code but didn't occur to me before submission. I hope this won't affect my decision? Do I cancel and get refund at a later time( don't know if there's anything like that) and submit another form?

No need to cancel, as long as you can find the post office where you filled it's fine, Personally I also filled something similar (I used the school's postcode and searched for the nearest collection address) the reason most people are advised to use the school directly is that it's easier to collect it there considering the situation of the pandemic.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Dumebi213: 12:07am On Aug 04, 2021
decong:
please, must the money in statement of account be 28days before using it for CAS application or once the money in the account covers the tuition, the statement of account can be use to get the CAS independent of 28days or not please I need people's response. thanks

Schools request for POF to make sure that you fulfill the financial requirements stated by UKVI, so yes, it has to be 28 days before you send to your university.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by jayifeanyi1234: 12:25am On Aug 04, 2021
Good evening All,

Am totally new o...though have read some pages.
I have my offer letter already.
PLEASE, what are the steps? Am traveling with spouse and three kids.

Secondly, can an investment be used as POF?
This 28days is just too much for me because of time.

PLS your response will be highly appreciated... thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by jayifeanyi1234: 12:36am On Aug 04, 2021
Try Stanbic IBTC Bank.

quote author=Ufodeking post=104399377]Good evening house, please which bank can I pay my tuition fee, that I will get telex within some days?[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by johnsonsegxy: 12:45am On Aug 04, 2021
Zoey1:
Every dime needed must be complete before you count Day 1.
If it goes below at anytime ...you repeat the count.
So you probably just started if the money just got completed.

During your application , your IHS would be calculated for you.
The years you are staying + 6months.
That's what you are paying.
Any card that can do large transactions would fly.

No sir! My remain balance is £9207 maintenance + £6450 remaining tuition fee = £15657 that's the total i needed and by oanda.. That is 9.3m even whilst using 600/£. So i got 10m in the account around June..

I just start topping it up around july 8th to August 4 to make it 11m to avoid stories that touch.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by decong: 1:25am On Aug 04, 2021
Zoey1:

Only your school can answer that
Some school give CAS without demanding POF, some ask to see it before 28days, some tell you they won't issue until its 28days.

thanks so much, so do you suggest I send to them and if they need it to be 28days, they will respond?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by decong: 1:28am On Aug 04, 2021
Dumebi213:

Schools request for POF to make sure that you fulfill the financial requirements stated by UKVI, so yes, it has to be 28 days before you send to your university.

oh. okay. thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Kolajayy01: 1:43am On Aug 04, 2021
Ayooze:
no i am going to ulster university Birmingham campus
Just tell them you understand ulster doesn’t maintain accommodations for students. But you intend to use the accommodation team to secure a closer accommodation to the school like 5 to 10min walk
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by major911(m): 1:44am On Aug 04, 2021
GM all… so I am at the point of paying my deposit and I have aug8 deadline for the payment, please which bank is the fastest or is there any other that apart from using formA
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by solalal36(m): 1:46am On Aug 04, 2021
Hello, please how do I get to the IOM center in Abuja from Zuba or Gwagwalada? I do understand how to use google map but I need to know the kind of transport to board at least from Area 1..

NB: I'm not familiar with Abuja
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Kolajayy01: 1:51am On Aug 04, 2021
major911:
GM all… so I am at the point of paying my deposit and I have aug8 deadline for the payment, please which bank is the fastest or is there any other that apart from using formA
Go and use titan trust bank! 24 hours! It’s at VI
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Amylew: 2:04am On Aug 04, 2021
major911:

UBA is good.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Amylew: 2:07am On Aug 04, 2021
jayifeanyi1234:
Good evening All,

Am totally new o...though have read some pages.
I have my offer letter already.
PLEASE, what are the steps? Am traveling with spouse and three kids.

Secondly, can an investment be used as POF?
This 28days is just too much for me because of time.

PLS your response will be highly appreciated... thank you.

The next step is pof and Tb test. And gathering your documents.

Just be patient. If you put the money in today,by early September, the 28 days will be done and you can apply using priority. Just ensure you do the Tb tests before it elapses and do walk in if you don't get close date.

Don't rush and use investment certificate because you are in a hurry.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by aragbaboy: 2:32am On Aug 04, 2021
Amylew:

The next step is pof and Tb test. And gathering your documents.

Just be patient. If you put the money in today,by early September, the 28 days will be done and you can apply using priority. Just ensure you do the Tb tests before it elapses and do walk in if you don't get close date.

Don't rush and use investment certificate because you are in a hurry.

Will investment certificate not be acceptable? Because it's listed as one of the means of showing your proof of fund. See link https://www.gov.uk/guidance/financial-evidence-for-student-and-child-student-route-applicants#what-evidence-is-not-accepted
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Melahou(m): 3:08am On Aug 04, 2021
ocpaschal:
Pls what are the required documents that I must bring to book a Tuberculosis (TB) test at IOM?

After booking for an appointment you go with your payment receipt and international passport...

Please when do you intend to do the manual booking.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Melahou(m): 3:10am On Aug 04, 2021
hardeholar1:
Please guru in the house can anyone help me with a statement of purpose format I am planning of applying to UK university very soon
Please this is my email address
Bimsyabidex9@gmail.com

What course ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Melahou(m): 3:14am On Aug 04, 2021
Risazii:
Good evening all. Gurus in the house please I need your input in this my matter. I already started my course last year but currently in Naija to take my kids and partner. Their POF will be ready by the end of this week but their iom appointment is on the 19th, I plan to submit their applications before the test in order to secure a close date for biometrics. Is their is any rule against this?

Thanks in anticipation of your responses

You are in order...you can go ahead and submit their applications but make sure you upload before biometrics.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by latinah(f): 4:07am On Aug 04, 2021
Ufodeking:
Good evening house, please which bank can I pay my tuition fee, that I will get telex within some days?

Uba and titan bank
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Cokesboy: 4:45am On Aug 04, 2021
solalal36:
Hello, please how do I get to the IOM center in Abuja from Zuba or Gwagwalada? I do understand how to use google map but I need to know the kind of transport to board at least from Area 1..

NB: I'm not familiar with Abuja

Find your way to Berger under bridge, then look for taxi going to where they refer to as ''Village", when u enter tell the driver you are going to ''UN'' cause that's what they call it here, the UN is IOM. Good luck.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by fountain67: 4:48am On Aug 04, 2021
There's no January intake for Hull.
Fybe:
Yes I am still waiting for Hull, I don't even mind going for January Intake if they will be able to defer the Admission.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by fountain67: 4:49am On Aug 04, 2021
ariyike23:

Got my CAS from Essex last week , exactly 20 working days after I submitted my Pre CAS questionnaire . Though they are a bit slow kos I have people who have also not gotten
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Sysco600: 5:37am On Aug 04, 2021
Dumebi213:

1. If you are selected for an Interview, Yes it is compulsory, but so far only a few people have had to do interviews. (This is for UKVI, I have no idea about university interviews as my school did not require it)

2. Rule states you should have held the required amount for 28 days, according to what has been reiterated here several (If you read page 1 and then start from page 600 downwards), it's not about transaction history it's about holding that required amount and making sure it doesn't fall below it during the 28 days period.

That being said, try to read page 1 of this thread and then start from any other page you feel is necessary, most of your questions will most likely have been answered on one of the pages.

(1)Please must it be kept for 28days, I printed The Ecobank statement of Account for 1Month and the required amount is there and it haven’t gone below the required amount for 1Month
And this is His saving Account
I hope that’s ok

(2)what am saying is that it doesn’t have transaction history, cos my sponsor who’s my dad, uses the account for savings/fixed

And he has another Account for his business which has transaction history

Submitting the 2 statement of Account is it ok
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by bunmiann: 5:44am On Aug 04, 2021
Ammeddy1:

If I can ask you the same....how long did it take you to get the CAS coz I just made my payment last week Wednesday

It took two weeks before cas was inside.
Though the said the had an issue then that was why it took that long.

(1) (2) (3) ... (746) (747) (748) (749) (750) (751) (752) ... (886)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.