Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,393 members, 7,850,397 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 08:30 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 - Travel (754) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (1343927 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (751) (752) (753) (754) (755) (756) (757) ... (886) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Austinadex(m): 1:03pm On Aug 04, 2021
IHS fee for one year is £705 but if you are applying for 2yrs or 3yrs, it is calculated at a reduced fee..... So the 3yrs can equate £1645 as per the calculator

Yemzzyy:
Hi everyone please how much is ihs fee?

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Olaola01: 1:04pm On Aug 04, 2021
[quote author=johnsonsegxy post=104418517]

Ok bro. Nice one... What rate per dollar?

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by yispa: 1:08pm On Aug 04, 2021
It's £470 per year. If you are applying for a year course, your BRP will actually last for more than a year (I think a year and four months or so). What this means is that the IHS fee to pay will be 1year+6months, which will be 470+235=£705. For a one year program you will pay £705. For 3 years program you will pay £470+£470+£470+£235=£1645

Yemzzyy:
Hi everyone please how much is ihs fee?

7 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by eyedd: 1:09pm On Aug 04, 2021
lajumberg:
When was your biometrics date?

28th
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by abeolas: 1:18pm On Aug 04, 2021
Waleypaparazzi:

I will advise you use the VI centre but you have to get to the VI centre early enough( like 5:30am- 6am) and try to make sure you fall between number 1-10 on the list for that day. With that you are good to go. Usually they do start walk in with the persons left on the previous day list so it’s when they are done with the previous day before they start with the present day list. If you need further questions i’m here to help out

Thank you very much..I’ll try and get there as early as possible. Doesn’t that mean I’ll be able to do it same day should I get there on time?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by kayalade123: 1:22pm On Aug 04, 2021
GeneralFeezy:
Teesside boys and girls. How market? See wetin dey for e-vision page
Does this mean we'll be getting CAS by 10th August?

Saw it too this morning. Na God go help us ooo
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Yemzzyy: 1:22pm On Aug 04, 2021
yispa:
It's £470 per year. If you are applying for a year course, your BRP will actually last for more than a year (I think a year and four months or so). What this means is that the IHS fee to pay will be 1year+6months, which will be 470+235=£705. For a one year program you will pay £705. For 3 years program you will pay £470+£470+£470+£235=£1645

Thank you, this guy @johnsonsegxy was trying to confuse me

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by segunotiti(m): 1:26pm On Aug 04, 2021
I have same issues also. Payment declined too.

Olaola01:
Heloo guys am new here. I really commend u for d great work u are doin.. Pls I need ur advise my agent said he can't pay for my visa nd IHS fess since Monday. Dat d network is bad. He is sayin they are doin upgrade. He showed me d proof d payment is not successful. I already paid him for my visa fees and IHS. Pls anyone having difficulty in paying also.i am for September intake... Pls help ur brother ooo
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by badlands: 1:32pm On Aug 04, 2021
pls this police clearance thing, apart from lagos, where else can 1 do it?. portharcourt or abuja?. how long does it take to be ready?
any tips on the matter?

2ndly, can 1 apply for visa without CAS?...ie he has started the CAS, but it is yet to be available
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by madamg: 1:34pm On Aug 04, 2021
This pls

madamg:

Pls guys,

I have masters in finance here in Nigeria and I want to go for masters in UK. Is it advisable? Must I declare that I have master degree or I should conceal it?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Vecharry(m): 1:34pm On Aug 04, 2021
Waleypaparazzi:

I will advise you use the VI centre but you have to get to the VI centre early enough( like 5:30am- 6am) and try to make sure you fall between number 1-10 on the list for that day. With that you are good to go. Usually they do start walk in with the persons left on the previous day list so it’s when they are done with the previous day before they start with the present day list. If you need further questions i’m here to help out

what information is required to be written down for those that want to do walk in
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Vecharry(m): 1:35pm On Aug 04, 2021
badlands:
pls this police clearance thing, apart from lagos, where else can 1 do it?. portharcourt or abuja?. how long does it take to be ready?
any tips on the matter?

any tips on this? can i do this at any police station
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by pinkasso: 1:39pm On Aug 04, 2021
@yispa and all gurus in the house.... please my dependant (spouse) will apply soon ...my visa duration is for 16months....so by implication I will be paying £705?.... because I used the calculator on the UKVI website I was getting £940..
yispa:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by pinkasso: 1:42pm On Aug 04, 2021
You dey vex ooh ....make your school release your CAS nah??...I don't think you can move pass stage one without the CAS no....
badlands:
any tips on the matter?

2ndly, can 1 apply for visa without CAS?...ie he has started the CAS, but it is yet to be available

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by yispa: 1:45pm On Aug 04, 2021
Are you doing PHD or Master's? I doubt your visa duration is for 16months. Your vignette duration is for 90 days for Masters, this I know. For your dependant I think you need to input your own course start and end date at the visa validity period. I am not sure, please wait for others to make input.

pinkasso:
@yispa and all gurus in the house.... please my dependant (spouse) will apply soon ...my visa duration is for 16months....so by implication I will be paying £705?.... because I used the calculator on the UKVI website I was getting £940..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by JamiuKabir: 1:45pm On Aug 04, 2021
pinkasso:

16 months - £940

Correct!

Otherwise, £705 for normal MSc duration.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by yispa: 1:47pm On Aug 04, 2021
CAS is a prerequisite for your student visa application. Without the CAS number you can't successfully complete your student visa application. You MUST have your CAS before you complete your application form.

badlands:
any tips on the matter?

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Okrikarepublik: 1:48pm On Aug 04, 2021
Police clearance can be done in Lagos (Alagbon), Abuja (Louis Edet House Force HQ).
Takes few minutes to be ready.

You can start visa application w/out CAS but can't conclude without it.

badlands:
any tips on the matter?

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by konye(m): 1:48pm On Aug 04, 2021
26th gang, priority, I just got my collection mail for pick up.On my way

6 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Verifiedlu: 1:50pm On Aug 04, 2021
obi4eze:

Please which bank did you and is it true that CBN has mandated all banks to make payment within 24 hours?

UBA
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Okrikarepublik: 1:51pm On Aug 04, 2021
Doesn't make any difference.
Justify the reason you are doing another Masters.
I have a friend who is currently doing same, she got the visa.
You have to be convincing as to why another Masters and not PhD.
Please declare every detail.

madamg:

Pls guys,

I have masters in finance here in Nigeria and I want to go for masters in UK. Is it advisable? Must I declare that I have master degree or I should conceal it?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by pinkasso: 2:02pm On Aug 04, 2021
Which bank please...some banks have been having serious network issues....
segunotiti:
I have same issues also. Payment declined too.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by madamg: 2:03pm On Aug 04, 2021
Thanks.

Pls can I apply for study visa alongside with my wife and 2 kids or I must get my visa first before applying for them?

Okrikarepublik:
Doesn't make any difference.
Justify the reason you are doing another Masters.
I have a friend who is currently doing same, she got the visa.
You have to be convincing as to why another Masters and not PhD.
Please declare every detail.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by thaprofit88: 2:05pm On Aug 04, 2021
Goodday everyone. Please I need information. I am about buying my ticket for Aberdeen but I am just being told by a friend that it must be a return ticket so that I don’t give them the impression that am not coming back. My family is 3no and that will be soooooo expensive for me at this time. For those of you that bought already please can you confirm this?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Owlette: 2:07pm On Aug 04, 2021
Congratulations!!! Mine is still at DMC

konye:
26th gang, priority, I just got my collection mail for pick up.On my way
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Babababy(m): 2:15pm On Aug 04, 2021
thaprofit88:
Goodday everyone. Please I need information. I am about buying my ticket for Aberdeen but I am just being told by a friend that it must be a return ticket so that I don’t give them the impression that am not coming back. My family is 3no and that will be soooooo expensive for me at this time. For those of you that bought already please can you confirm this?

For context, you cant get PTA for your travel if you buy a one way ticket.You and your partner can access 8000 pounds at CBN rate, that being said you also have justification to buy one way if you choose to, you program allows you work for two years after study and technically you cant get any return ticket for that duration(3 years). ponder on your options

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Babababy(m): 2:16pm On Aug 04, 2021
madamg:
Thanks.

Pls can I apply for study visa alongside with my wife and 2 kids or I must get my visa first before applying for them?

If the funds are available , please do apply for everyone at once. Thats exactly what home office loves to see
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by ccurrie: 2:21pm On Aug 04, 2021
OpemipoEsther:

I think the visa vignette overrides this, my visa validity is 3 weeks before my resumption. So, maybe as long as the visa is valid, you can travel. But please confirm first from maybe UKVI, send a paid email maybe

Hmmm..except the rule has changed or they've become lenient sha...UKBA (UK Border Agency) used to be really strict about this. I advised someone against arriving before a month to start date earlier on this thread. Remember UKVI and UKBA are [b]now** [/b]the same...For example people with valid visit visas have been turned back for not giving adequate responses at the border. Don't risk deportation.
P.S.I have schooled in the UK before.

Someone who did this recently can advise.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by ccurrie: 2:26pm On Aug 04, 2021
Olaola01:
Heloo guys am new here. I really commend u for d great work u are doin.. Pls I need ur advise my agent said he can't pay for my visa nd IHS fess since Monday. Dat d network is bad. He is sayin they are doin upgrade. He showed me d proof d payment is not successful. I already paid him for my visa fees and IHS. Pls anyone having difficulty in paying also.i am for September intake... Pls help ur brother ooo

It was stated on their site that there will be an upgrade/ maintenance from 20.00hrs Tuesday (yesterday) until today or tomorrow (can't recall now) and that applicants will be unable to apply during that period. So i rushed to do mine on Tuesday morning.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by pinkasso: 2:32pm On Aug 04, 2021
My course is an MSc course ...the normal duration is 12 moths but the total visa period including the vignette of 3 months...( i.e Sept 2021 to Jan 2023)...is 16 months...
yispa:
Are you doing PHD or Master's? I doubt your visa duration is for 16months. Your vignette duration is for 90 days for Masters, this I know. For your dependant I think you need to input your own course start and end date at the visa validity period. I am not sure, please wait for others to make input.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by pinkasso: 2:33pm On Aug 04, 2021
My course is an MSc course ...the normal duration is 12 moths but the total visa period including the vignette of 3 months...( i.e Sept 2021 to Jan 2023)...is 16 months..
JamiuKabir:

16 months - £940

Correct!

Otherwise, £705 for normal MSc duration.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by OpemipoEsther(f): 2:44pm On Aug 04, 2021
Gtessy:

You will need to request for your card to be activated for web/online card payment. May be it was not activated at the point of issuance.

It was, I had used the card severally for online transactions. It has a limit, I was trying to pay $3460. And the daily limit for the card is $1500

(1) (2) (3) ... (751) (752) (753) (754) (755) (756) (757) ... (886)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.