Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,328 members, 7,819,122 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:37 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 - Travel (784) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (1312496 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (781) (782) (783) (784) (785) (786) (787) ... (886) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by fetomowo: 10:46am On Aug 07, 2021
1. Mix up. That bit is not correct. 20 hours per week spread over the time period is what I meant to write. Will correct it.

2. The US visit visa is what rescued a lot of students during Theresa May's era from rotting in Nigeria. This is especially so if you are old cos your options are narrower considering that age, time, family factors may play into your ability to relocate.

justwise:

1. How can one legally work 30hrs a week during term time?

2. Why is getting US visiting visa important at old age?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by fetomowo: 10:51am On Aug 07, 2021
Error regretted. 20 hours a week spread over the period.

You've taken the US bit out of context. The immediate context is relocation plan. I wasnt writing about work hours. Go through the piece again.

Bourne007:
Bolded is nothing but false

There's no such thing as 30 hours per week. Plus what does spread out your program even means. Universities have deadline for payment for each year and they don't have students to spread anything over a period of 2 years. Except u dey go university of Argos LOL. Usually a 2 year program comes with a placement/internship and if no placement in the 2nd year within the deadline, student will be asked to do project early. This also means the university will inform UKVI of the change.

Not sure how visiting US at a certain age has anything to do with any of this

5 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Tolvin: 11:20am On Aug 07, 2021
Amen!
It's not been easy but I am keeping hope and faith alive. Thank you
OpemipoEsther:

I like how calm you sound, I pray that God makes a way for you to get a favourable response with ease.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Bukolami22(f): 11:25am On Aug 07, 2021
Cc @justwise @fetomowo
tombnok:
Good day everyone thank you i have been following this thread since May, i tried applying for my wife in june but could not meet up with September admission, she has been offer an unconditional admission in teeside uni to study international management for jan 2022, i want the experienced people to help me with what stage is next,
a deposit if part of tution should be made? (non academic condition for admission)
POF should be ready? For 28days?
Now i just dont know what next step to take.

Also we are newly married and when she was applying she used My surname which is not the same as the name on her international passport.
But all change of name processes have been concluded pls i hope this doesn't matter at visa application point?

And i will be willing to be guided stage by stage till we get a visa

Thank you in advance
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by rayralph(m): 11:34am On Aug 07, 2021
Chocomilomilo:

Nobody argued that people have not collected, but I still stand on the fact that people that have not collected are more than people that have collected.

I'm talking about 26th of July priority biometrics.

create a poll or something for the above date let us stop this bickering

You’re the one bickering as you’re arguing from a different & blind standpoint.

The original poster that I replied said biometrics “after 26th”. I’m not denying the experience of people who did biometrics “on 26th”.

P.s. Learn to exchange views/arguments without throwing tantrums.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by justwise(m): 11:35am On Aug 07, 2021
fetomowo:
1. Mix up. That bit is not correct. 20 hours per week spread over the time period is what I meant to write. Will correct it.

2. The US visit visa is what rescued a lot of students during Theresa May's era from rotting in Nigeria. This is especially so if you are old cos your options are narrower considering that age, time, family factors may play into your ability to relocate.

You mean after spending millions coming to the UK to study and getting certificate then you move to US with visiting visa to live illegally?

Are you for real?

9 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by rayralph(m): 11:35am On Aug 07, 2021
Tolvin:
Amen!
It's not been easy but I am keeping hope and faith alive. Thank you

It will surely end in praises.

Keep your faith/hopes high

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by DoubleN(m): 11:40am On Aug 07, 2021
Morning Guys, based on experience which is better in terms of orderliness and time for visa collection between TLS Ikeja and TLS VI assuming one plans to do walk-in for both by 4am to 5am?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by rayralph(m): 11:40am On Aug 07, 2021
fetomowo:

Hope you know this is clearly against the USA immigration rules and regulations. Overstaying on a visit visa is wrong

Only appropriate visa route should be encouraged

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by deolu9(m): 11:40am On Aug 07, 2021
Pls the issue someone raised about some people not getting the post study work visas wat could be the cause? And how true is it sef
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by rayralph(m): 11:41am On Aug 07, 2021
DoubleN:
Morning Guys, based on experience which is better in terms of orderliness and time for visa collection between TLS Ikeja and TLS VI assuming one plans to do walk-in for both by 4am to 5am?

V.I
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by justwise(m): 11:41am On Aug 07, 2021
tombnok:
Good day everyone thank you i have been following this thread since May, i tried applying for my wife in june but could not meet up with September admission, she has been offer an unconditional admission in teeside uni to study international management for jan 2022, i want the experienced people to help me with what stage is next,
a deposit if part of tution should be made? (non academic condition for admission)

Also we are newly married and when she was applying she used My surname which is not the same as the name on her international passport.
But all change of name processes have been concluded pls i hope this doesn't matter at visa application point?

Thank you in advance

Take a deep breath and take this thing one step after another, all the info you need is in first page of this thread.

To lead you on a bit...yes you may have to pay deposit to the school IF they asked for one before issuing CAS.

Regarding name change....you don't have to worry about that as your marriage certificate will take care of that, when her passport is due for renewer she can make the necessary correction.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by DeeOneBangin: 11:43am On Aug 07, 2021
deolu9:
Pls the issue someone raised about some people not getting the post study work visas wat could be the cause? And how true is it sef

So far it’s been speculations..... no evidence has been posted proving that.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Vecharry(m): 11:47am On Aug 07, 2021
We go dey alright. Make ona dey calm down, one step at a time, do what is right and required of you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by fetomowo: 11:50am On Aug 07, 2021
1. You should go to a bank and pay your deposit. If you have the entire tuition you can pay it so you get a discount of 500 GBP.

2. In my opinion, as regards name change, you can go ahead, so far you have all your supporting documents. But, note that it MAY confuse some ECO's though, to have a passport different from CAS record. Your application MAY not be straight forward.

Alternatively, write to the University, that you want your wives admission letter to reflect the name on her passport, if that's the name on her certificates. Then they should indicate her title as Mx. - a title that can be used by a woman married or unmarried, instead of Mrs. Even though you have different names. It won't affect you during the application. I think it is better this way.

3. You can start your PoF in September or make it end then. Visa application for January will start in October.

You can always ask your questions here, people we guide you. You are free to DM me, bro.

tombnok:

Thank you in advance
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by joideviv(m): 11:53am On Aug 07, 2021
cvdoctor:
Hello All,
I have an admission from UWE bristol for Jan 2022 intake.
Anyone willing to recommend the great and fast way to pay the deposit tuition at a good exchange rate.

When did you apply please

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by ariyike23(f): 11:55am On Aug 07, 2021
Must we upload our student transcript during our visa application?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by cdieli(m): 12:05pm On Aug 07, 2021
Thanks It's all clear now
justwise:

Oh well...i see a lot of people here using ''build'' account to get a visa and return the money when the visa is out or even before visa is out...then travel to the UK hoping to work and study to survive...if you do that then you are likely to work more than 20hrs a week during term time, which means your PSW application is in danger.

And you are also likely to fail one or two courses because you invested a lot of time trying to work to survive with little or no time to study.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Sysco600: 12:07pm On Aug 07, 2021
I got appointment for biometrics in Abj

And my date is too far around ending of August

How is the Walk-in like in Abuja

I will appreciate your responses house
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by joideviv(m): 12:09pm On Aug 07, 2021
inphoenix:

Your mum can indeed sponsor you with funds in her own account. All you need to show is your birth certificate with her name and your marriage certificate to show your name change.

Wahala, my birth certificate doesn't carry either of my parents name as it is gotten from the NPC, can it be binding?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by fetomowo: 12:15pm On Aug 07, 2021
You don't have to. You can always return back home if you find it difficult to move to your preferred destination or remain in the uk. That's why I listed several options as much as I can for anyone willing to relocate. A 200 word piece is by no means an encyclopedia. Do your research.

You may need a USA visa for many reasons aside living illegally in the US to raise funds for your next move. You may need it to help you be able to secure visas from Nigeria, travel history, transit, or travel to some countries etc.

USA visa sha dey important for your pally. In my opinion, its basic. If you dey mama chale country, it is easier to get than in Naija o.

justwise:
[/b]

You mean after spending millions coming to the UK to study and getting certificate then you move to US with visiting visa to live illegally?

Are you for real?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by canadaishome: 12:17pm On Aug 07, 2021
temmydayur:

Lol bros calm down. We plenty wey choose yes. The question was obviously not straightforward. However, I don’t think that would pose a threat to your decision. My friend that picked yes as mine has gotten a decision. So calm down and lick sweet.

Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Eroms4life17(m): 12:21pm On Aug 07, 2021
May God help our leaders to develop this country so we don't have to travel. We can stay here and earn dollars. Check my signature to know how?

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by missuzoma: 12:22pm On Aug 07, 2021
deolu9:

I don't believe the post you're referring to, shebi the work visa thing is supposed to start with people arriving in September, 2021?
How come some people have already requested for it and were denied the visa for working longer hours than permitted?
Anyway, it's best to keep to all rules.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Tolvin: 12:24pm On Aug 07, 2021
Thank you
rayralph:

It will surely end in praises.

Keep your faith/hopes high
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Dumebi213: 12:24pm On Aug 07, 2021
missuzoma:

I don't believe the post you're referring to, shebi the work visa thing is supposed to start with people arriving in September, 2021?
How come some people have already requested for it and were denied the visa for working longer hours than permitted?
Anyway, it's best to keep to all rules.

People Graduating in 2021 are eligible.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Pascalinho4real: 12:24pm On Aug 07, 2021
fetomowo:
This needs to be stressed out more than once. If you don't have money for living expenses. Please go to a university that you can afford.

It may help if your are coming with family - a spouse that can hustle full-time.

Spread out your program for two years by doing a two year masters. In that case you can legally work 20 hours per week spread over the time period. Then you can also have two summer breaks if you have a January start (this maybe a better time if you really need the work to support your finance). Once for September start. Summer breaks usually span 3-4 months anytime between April-September depending on your school.

During summer breaks as well as between your course end date and graduation date you can work as much as your body will allow you.

Again, don't go to cities that are costly. You will struggle to pay bills. You will have no savings and most probably you won't be able to complete your tuition payment. (An advice - don't start sending money to Nigeria, save your money in the UK, keep a low profile. It's not yet time to start doing Father Christmas.)

Post Study Work Visa is not guaranteed. You can be eligible and still not get it. So you must have other plans. While you are in the UK, take the opportunity to get US visit visa (this is very important for old people - those in their 30s and above), you can look at Canada and Australia for skilled immigration, if you are pretty young (early twenties) or you are young (late twenties and early thirties) and have a family.

Those of you that like to abuse opportunities thinking no one is watching you. Better believe it the UK have your records o. Una go collect contract phone Una nor go pay. You dey owe council tax after your finish school. May be your case don dey with magistrate sef. If you are interested in PSW na to behave yourself properly o. Nor chook hand for wetin some other Naija people dey do o. Your own route is PSW, do only what will not affect your chances. You and person wey dey file for Refugee status nor be the same thing.

Another option is to do another Masters, if you've saved up. Or continue on a PhD. This need not be in the UK. If you have the money consider continental Europe, Republic of Ireland, Germany, Austria, Netherlands etc.

By all means, make sure you are not returning to Nigeria the way you left. Well that is if jakpa is your ultimate goal. Have plan A, B, C, and D. If life happens to A, you switch to B. Start planning now!

I hope I have spoken well.

This is the best article I have ever read on this page so far …. This guy just spoke my mind

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Preshyi: 12:29pm On Aug 07, 2021
You should only upload documents stated on your CAS. So if your transcript is included then Yes.
ariyike23:
Must we upload our student transcript during our visa application?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by bamiDee1(m): 12:30pm On Aug 07, 2021
Good morning All,

Please I need advice and help on choosing a path here based on certain conditions!

I have about 5 years industrial experience in Electrical, Instrumentation and control with some good knowledge in project management.
Now, I had an admission to study Instrumentation and Control at Glasgow Caledonian Uni but I don't mind applying to another university.

I am looking at pursuing international project management but I'm not so sure of the job prospects for that in the UK. I need to do a course that's in high demand, and or very relevant in that country. I've seen project management, machine learning and a few programs online but it's better to seek advice from people who have stayed in the UK . To add, I am very versatile and can do well in STEM fields. I also have Level 5 Advanced National Diploma in Electrical and Electronics Engineering with City and Guilds, UK. Acquired this in an affiliated institution here in Nigeria. Perhaps I can use that to secure a reasonably good job during my 1 year postgraduate studies.

I need your honest advice and support please.

Thanks in anticipation.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by temmydayur(m): 12:31pm On Aug 07, 2021
Chocomilomilo:

Let me guess....26th of July

Lol.. It was 27th oo..

Seen something similar?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by temmydayur(m): 12:33pm On Aug 07, 2021
rayralph:

This is no longer the case, stop generalizing

Over 3 people who did biometrics on/before July 29th have received collection mail

Bro. If you calm down to read the statement again. You go understand that it wasn't a generalized statement.

Because 3 people got out of over 20 samples that have done is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. ok?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Pascalinho4real: 12:33pm On Aug 07, 2021
Bourne007:
Bolded is nothing but false

There's no such thing as 30 hours per week. Plus what does spread out your program even means. Universities have deadline for payment for each year and they don't have students to spread anything over a period of 2 years. Except u dey go university of Argos LOL. Usually a 2 year program comes with a placement/internship and if no placement in the 2nd year within the deadline, student will be asked to do project early. This also means the university will inform UKVI of the change.

Not sure how visiting US at a certain age has anything to do with any of this

Visiting the US have a lot of Advantage for someone with more responsibility, he is right in his statement, America is land of opportunity and you can stay illegal in America without been detected untill you get permanent residency to return home , but UK is a police country you can’t be mobile while you are out of status , most people here turned to UK because America is difficult to get the VISA but UK visa on your passport is just like a route and an enzyme to speed up the process and success of US visa , my advice here is make UK as your transit country while you are studying… America and Canada is much better to earn a living and send money home

12 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (781) (782) (783) (784) (785) (786) (787) ... (886)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.