Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,898 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:40 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 - Travel (783) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (1312333 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (780) (781) (782) (783) (784) (785) (786) ... (886) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by rayralph(m): 9:13am On Aug 07, 2021
temmydayur:

Well. From recent trend, people that did biometrics after 25th are having a very difficult time getting a decision and some are even getting an “application not straightforward” mail. So just relax, drink Chivita juice well while we await decision.

This is no longer the case, stop generalizing

Over 3 people who did biometrics on/before July 29th have received collection mail

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by justwise(m): 9:15am On Aug 07, 2021
Proppie:
��
Bro, this definitely wasn't called for...
I've not seen anybody do more for Nigerians than that guy is doing, and you're here talking about Ego?...

Others who thought he was wrong said so without being rude... Try to dey censor your words chairman...

Your first contribution I'm ever taking note of here is to cause problem with the one person that created the thread in which you want to cause the problem... Funny humans everywhere...

His full time job here and other threads is to attack me, he only post to support one person and to insult me at every given opportunity.

I will sort him out

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by DoubleN(m): 9:17am On Aug 07, 2021
DoubleN:
Morning Guy, based on experience which is better in terms of orderliness and time for visa collection between TLS Ikeja and TLS VI assuming one plans to do walk-in for both by 4am to 5am?

Anyone can answer from experience please. Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by fetomowo: 9:20am On Aug 07, 2021
This needs to be stressed out more than once. If you don't have money for living expenses. Please go to a university that you can afford.

It may help if your are coming with family - a spouse that can hustle full-time.

Spread out your program for two years by doing a two year masters. In that case you can legally work 20 hours per week spread over the time period. Then you can also have two summer breaks if you have a January start (this maybe a better time if you really need the work to support your finance). Once for September start. Summer breaks usually span 3-4 months anytime between April-September depending on your school.

During summer breaks as well as between your course end date and graduation date you can work as much as your body will allow you.

Again, don't go to cities that are costly. You will struggle to pay bills. You will have no savings and most probably you won't be able to complete your tuition payment. (An advice - don't start sending money to Nigeria, save your money in the UK, keep a low profile. It's not yet time to start doing Father Christmas.)

Post Study Work Visa is not guaranteed. You can be eligible and still not get it. So you must have other plans. While you are in the UK, take the opportunity to get US visit visa (this is very important for old people - those in their 30s and above), you can look at Canada and Australia for skilled immigration, if you are pretty young (early twenties) or you are young (late twenties and early thirties) and have a family.

Those of you that like to abuse opportunities thinking no one is watching you. Better believe it the UK have your records o. Una go collect contract phone Una nor go pay. You dey owe council tax after your finish school. May be your case don dey with magistrate sef. If you are interested in PSW na to behave yourself properly o. Nor chook hand for wetin some other Naija people dey do o. Your own route is PSW, do only what will not affect your chances. You and person wey dey file for Refugee status nor be the same thing.

Another option is to do another Masters, if you've saved up. Or continue on a PhD. This need not be in the UK. If you have the money consider continental Europe, Republic of Ireland, Germany, Austria, Netherlands etc.

By all means, make sure you are not returning to Nigeria the way you left. Well that is if jakpa is your ultimate goal. Have plan A, B, C, and D. If life happens to A, you switch to B. Start planning now!

I hope I have spoken well.

justwise:

Oh well...i see a lot of people here using ''build'' account to get a visa and return the money when the visa is out or even before visa is out...then travel to the UK hoping to work and study to survive...if you do that then you are likely to work more than 20hrs a week during term time, which means your PSW application is in danger.

And you are also likely to fail one or two courses because you invested a lot of time trying to work to survive with little or no time to study.

43 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by justwise(m): 9:33am On Aug 07, 2021
fetomowo:
This needs to be stressed out more than once. If you don't have money for living expenses. Please go to a university that you can afford.

It may help if your are coming with family - a spouse that can hustle full-time.

Spread out your program for two years by doing a two year masters. In that case you can legally work 30 hours a week. Then you can also have two summer breaks if you have a September start. Once for January start. Summer breaks usually span 3-4 months anytime between April-September depending on your school.

During summer breaks as well as between your course end date and graduation date you can work as much as your body will allow you.

Again, don't go to cities that are costly. You will struggle to pay bills. You will have no savings and most probably you won't be able to complete your tuition payment. (An advice - don't start sending money to Nigeria, save your money in the UK, keep a low profile. It's not yet time to start doing Father Christmas.)

Post Study Work Visa is not guaranteed. You can be eligible and still not get it. So you must have other plans. While you are in the UK, take the opportunity to get US visit visa (this is very important for old people - those in their 30s and above), you can look at Canada and Australia for skilled immigration, if you are pretty young (early twenties) or you are young (late twenties and early thirties) and have a family.

Those of you that like to abuse opportunities thinking no one is watching you. Better believe it the UK have your records o. Una go collect contract phone Una nor go pay. You dey owe council tax after your finish school. May be your case don dey with magistrate sef. If you are interested in PSW na to behave yourself properly o. Nor chook hand for wetin some other Naija people dey do o. Your own route is PSW, do only what will not affect your chances. You and person wey dey file for Refugee status nor be the same thing.

Another option is to do another Masters, if you've saved up. Or continue on a PhD. This need not be in the UK. If you have the money consider continental Europe, Republic of Ireland, Germany, Austria, Netherlands etc.

By all means, make sure you are not returning to Nigeria the way you left. Well that is if jakpa is your ultimate goal. Have plan A, B, C, and D. If life happens to A, you switch to B. Start planning now!

1. How can one legally work 30hrs a week during term time?

2. Why is getting US visiting visa important at old age?

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Pacypatty(f): 9:34am On Aug 07, 2021
justwise:

She needs to prepare by reading materials relating to the course she applied for, Let her go through the course content and understand them to be able to answer questions. Basically if you applied for a course you should be able to answer question relating to that course, why do you apply for that course? What is your understanding of that course? Why do you decide to study that course in that particular university?etc

Thanks sir
And pls can she use her phone for the interview because it's virtual?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by justwise(m): 9:35am On Aug 07, 2021
Pacypatty:

Thanks sir
And pls can she use her phone for the interview because it's virtual?

She can if she has a good connection
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Pacypatty(f): 9:38am On Aug 07, 2021
justwise:

She can if she has a good connection

Thank you sir
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Chocomilomilo: 9:44am On Aug 07, 2021
temmydayur:

Well. The content stated as shown below:

*“Your Application status is awaiting a decision.

We strongly recommend that you do not buy a non-refundable, non-flexible ticket to the UK, until your visa application has been approved and you have received your documents”*

Meanwhile this is over 2 weeks on priority.

Let me guess....26th of July
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Bourne007(m): 9:49am On Aug 07, 2021
The first pix is related to CAS while the 2nd is related to a previous application for a UK visa.

justwise:

Yes its about your CAS, apart from bank statement and TB test result, all other documents are listed in the CAS

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Chocomilomilo: 9:56am On Aug 07, 2021
rayralph:

This is no longer the case, stop generalizing

Over 3 people who did biometrics on/before July 29th have received collection mail

That is the case. I know 7 people that did on the 26th of July (Lagos and Abj) that their application is still at DMC. Some got the non straightforward mail, some didn't.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Brimmie(m): 9:58am On Aug 07, 2021
justwise:

Please stop confusing people here

The question isn’t about CAS tho.

The answer should have been “No”. It’s about previous study in the UK.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Brimmie(m): 10:00am On Aug 07, 2021
Chocomilomilo:

That is the case. I know 7 people that did on the 26th of July (Lagos and Abj) that their application is still at DMC. Some got the non straightforward mail, some didn't.

You can’t be so sure. 7 people out of 100? You’re generalizing.

Anyway, I hope it end in praise for them.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Oliviaxx(f): 10:04am On Aug 07, 2021
cdieli:
This should be taken seriously because family, money and time is being invested here. So we should know what we are getting into.
I
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Chocomilomilo: 10:06am On Aug 07, 2021
Brimmie:

You can’t be so sure. 7 people out of 100? You’re generalizing.

Anyway, I hope it end in praise for them.

Where did you get the 100 figure?

We could take a census from people on this platform to know who and who have gotten from those that did on the 26th. That should give us an Idea.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Optimally: 10:07am On Aug 07, 2021
Yungy1990:
Evening house
Asap yes or no??
[b]The answer to this question is NO [/b]if you've never applied to the UK for Schooling before and also NO if you applied before but did not submit any form of result that shows your proficiency in English which might be IELTS, WAEC, NECO and it's likes.
And when you answer NO, A question is coming at the front that will still tell them if you require proof that your English is good in writing, speaking and reading, which most times will be seen as your sponsor saying in your cas that your English language ability was assessed by them and that you're a gifted student.

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by MissOwaa: 10:08am On Aug 07, 2021
Please what is the aim of this arguement?
Let’s act like adults here please.
Not everything in your mind needs to Aired out.
Chocomilomilo:

We could take a census for people on this platform to know who and who have gotten from those that did on the 26th. That should give us an Idea.

5 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by kayalade123: 10:10am On Aug 07, 2021
Oracleforce:

Thank God...still waiting for my own...

When did you submit?

Hopefully u should get it by Monday. Submitted pof on 16th July bank verified on 19th July. But my sister kept calling them everyday sha. Don’t know if that helped
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Bourne007(m): 10:10am On Aug 07, 2021
Bolded is nothing but false

There's no such thing as 30 hours per week. Plus what does spread out your program even means. Universities have deadline for payment for each year and they don't have students to spread anything over a period of 2 years. Except u dey go university of Argos LOL. Usually a 2 year program comes with a placement/internship and if no placement in the 2nd year within the deadline, student will be asked to do project early. This also means the university will inform UKVI of the change.

Not sure how visiting US at a certain age has anything to do with any of this

fetomowo:

Spread out your program for two years by doing a two year masters. In that case you can legally work 30 hours a week. Then you can also have two summer breaks if you have a September start. Once for January start. Summer breaks usually span 3-4 months anytime between April-September depending on your school.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Chocomilomilo: 10:11am On Aug 07, 2021
MissOwaa:
Please what is the aim of this arguement?
Let’s act like adults here please.
Not everything in your mind needs to Aired out.

No vex ma. I just hated the fact that the person was trying to invalidate the other person's concern.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by rayralph(m): 10:17am On Aug 07, 2021
Chocomilomilo:

You’re generalizing. You need to be specific. Don’t mislead people.

Lots of 28th, 29th biometrics have gotten collection email.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Chocomilomilo: 10:27am On Aug 07, 2021
rayralph:

You’re generalizing. You need to be specific. Don’t mislead people.

Lots of 28th, 29th biometrics have gotten collection email.

Nobody argued that people have not collected, but I still stand on the fact that people that have not collected are more than people that have collected.

I'm talking about 26th of July priority biometrics.

create a poll or something for the above date let us stop this bickering
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Brimmie(m): 10:30am On Aug 07, 2021
Chocomilomilo:

That is the case. I know 7 people that did on the 26th of July (Lagos and Abj) that their application is still at DMC.

They attend to more than 100 people in a day in Lagos and Abuja combined. Putting it at 100 is just on average.. not exact figure. You should know better.

I just hated the fact that the person was trying to invalidate the other person's concern.
Where are you getting this energy from? No one is trying to argue or invalidate your concern. Saying it’s “the case” is pretty much based on emotion with no fact.

Cheers!

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Chocomilomilo: 10:35am On Aug 07, 2021
Brimmie:

They attend to more than 100 people in a day in Lagos and Abuja combined. Putting it at 100 is just on average.. not exact figure. You should know better.

Where are you getting this energy from? No one is trying to argue or invalidate your concern. Saying it’s “the case” is pretty much based on emotion with no fact.

Cheers!

Okay
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by femisamuel908: 10:36am On Aug 07, 2021
What of those that have answered YES
What is the implication?

Optimally:

[b]The answer to this question is NO [/b]if you've never applied to the UK for Schooling before and also NO if you applied before but did not submit any form of result that shows your proficiency in English which might be IELTS, WAEC, NECO and it's likes.
And when you answer NO, A question is coming at the front that will still tell them if you require proof that your English is good in writing, speaking and reading, which most times will be seen as your sponsor saying in your cas that your English language ability was assessed by them and that you're a gifted student.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by kingpokko(m): 10:39am On Aug 07, 2021
Please who can help me with my question please anybody
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Dumebi213: 10:41am On Aug 07, 2021
temmydayur:

Well. From recent trend, people that did biometrics after 25th are having a very difficult time getting a decision and some are even getting an “application not straightforward” mail. So just relax, drink Chivita juice well while we await decision.

Stop spreading news like this, different cases are treated on their own merit, I know someone who did biometric last week Friday (30th) and has received collection mail, there have also been testimonies from others too.

It's worthy to note that this is rush hour, it's possible for applications to delay, I did my own this week and I just gave myself 7-8 working day despite paying for priority to avoid having high bp

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by KIDfurniture(m): 10:41am On Aug 07, 2021
Plz I want to try the masters package to uk. How do I go about it? Visit visa is just to hard to get.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Brimmie(m): 10:41am On Aug 07, 2021
kingpokko:
Please who can help me with my question please anybody

A whole King like you? We are at your service my lord.
**Just Kidding**

Feel free to ask any question bro.

(1) (2) (3) ... (780) (781) (782) (783) (784) (785) (786) ... (886)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.