Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,770 members, 7,809,962 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:57 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 - Travel (847) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (1301946 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (844) (845) (846) (847) (848) (849) (850) ... (886) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by ifeoluwadamilol: 5:09am On Aug 16, 2021
Good morning and happy new week, may this week be filled with good news and wonderful testimonies in Jesus name.

Please I would like to ask a few questions.
I will be going to IOM office to book for TB test today, do I need to book online first and please what time is it advisable for me to get to IOM office in Lagos?

Also, can I pay visa fee and IHS with a pounds account?

Thank you.

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by fabulous2019: 5:41am On Aug 16, 2021
Good morning house, please from what time can one start getting police report because my POF is still counting, does it expires
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by latinah(f): 5:53am On Aug 16, 2021
ifeoluwadamilol:
Good morning and happy new week, may this week be filled with good news and wonderful testimonies in Jesus name.

Please I would like to ask a few questions.
I will be going to IOM office to book for TB test today, do I need to book online first and please what time is it advisable for me to get to IOM office in Lagos?

Also, can I pay visa fee and IHS with a pounds account?

Thank you.

You can book online but the date that will be provide will be long,so it better you go there and do manual booking by showing them maybe when you resuming to your school for a faster date

Yes it can be paid with pounds account ,with your pounds atm

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by latinah(f): 5:54am On Aug 16, 2021
fabulous2019:
Good morning house, please from what time can one start getting police report because my POF is still counting, does it expires

I read here it expires in 3month
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Melahou(m): 6:40am On Aug 16, 2021
riogrannde:
Need advice guys!!

Did my biometrics on the 23rd of July and got a non straightforward email on the 28th
Sent numerous paid emails and called 3 times but was told a decision hasn't been made on my application
Noticed a slight inconsistency on my application. My transcript was addressed to my agents office and not the school, although the school issued me cas with same transcript. My TB test also has the main address of my school, and not my actual study centre

Kindly advice me guys.. please ��. I'm exhausted, afraid, anxious and depressed. It's been over 3 weeks, PRIORITY SERVICE.

The address is not an issue. Same thing with my transcript and my TB and I was issue a visa. Just prepare for an interview.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Melahou(m): 6:54am On Aug 16, 2021
engrofodile:
Please, is it compulsory to get an accommodation before visa application and how can one pay for accommodation from here in Nigeria. Thanks.

It's not compulsory, you can pay with your visa or Mastercard

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Melahou(m): 6:59am On Aug 16, 2021
fabulous2019:

Police clearance report take max 4days to get .
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by segunotiti(m): 7:05am On Aug 16, 2021
Was it a dollar barter card?

emmyvet:
Trying to pay for the Priority Fee using a Barter card but I keep on getting "Your payment was unsuccessful. Please try again or use a different card / payment method"

Please does it mean I can not pay for the priority fee with barter card? I observed the fee is showing in £ unlike the visa fee paid on the UK gov website that was showing in USD.

Please can someone advise on how to go about this?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by emmyvet(m): 7:15am On Aug 16, 2021
binarycodes:
You need to use a Dollar master card to pay. Barter won't work. if u have anyone the amount of dollar open a dom account, request for a dom card. i think GTB can do this in a day or 2 then use that card to pay

Thank you for your response.

segunotiti:
Was it a dollar barter card?

Yes, it worked for IHS and standard visa fee but not for the priority payment.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Gbomzie: 7:16am On Aug 16, 2021
I think Sheffield is great but it's expensive. So, if you're looking at fees and cost of living, Hull is the way to go.

ListerCompaq:
Hello house ,

Please how lucrative is Msc Logistics and Supply chain Mgt?
I’m terms of cost of living, rent and getting student Jobs, which of the following cities is better.
Sheffield, Birmingham,Bradford and Hull.
Got admission for the same course in the 4 diff schools
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by morinto: 7:26am On Aug 16, 2021
Please house any cheap flight moving to London or Birmingham?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Dumebi213: 7:36am On Aug 16, 2021
eyedd:
Greetings, does anyone have a comprehensive checklist for a student travelling to the UK? of course apart from my travelling documents and certificates.

I'm looking for a checklist to work with in terms of things to bring along. I'm just overwhelmed and help here would be highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Check your schools' websites, most schools usually have an arrival travel guide for international students. But if you looking for a Nigerian perspective, I'll suggest going to the living in UK thread, you'll be more likely to get an answer there.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Preshyi: 7:39am On Aug 16, 2021
You will be amazed at what you will find on google and YouTube. Make the internet your friend cos whatever you will be told here is based on the individuals needs.
eyedd:
Greetings, does anyone have a comprehensive checklist for a student travelling to the UK? of course apart from my travelling documents and certificates.

I'm looking for a checklist to work with in terms of things to bring along. I'm just overwhelmed and help here would be highly appreciated.

Thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Preshyi: 7:41am On Aug 16, 2021
4days? I got mine within an hour at Alagbon.
Melahou:

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by naijatisumi: 7:44am On Aug 16, 2021
justwise:

Concentrate on sorting out the financial expect of the visa application, if the money is not ready now then let her apply alone and travel while you and kids join her when you are ready.

Your wife has to list you and kids in her application and also mention that you people will be applying at a later date.

There is nothing you can do now about previous visa misrepresentation but you have to come out clean and declare it.

Have invested so much with the POF of 26M for more than a month. We will travel together , I just want to be sure she can apply alone without the marriage certificate. Thanks for the proper clarification. I really appreciate

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Preshyi: 7:46am On Aug 16, 2021
Well, I think that getting a gtb dollar card is more complicated than this. They said its 5 working days and I am even yet to get a pickup message since last week monday abi only my own took that long?
binarycodes:
You need to use a Dollar master card to pay. Barter won't work. if u have anyone the amount of dollar open a dom account, request for a dom card. i think GTB can do this in a day or 2 then use that card to pay

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by scobyy2007: 7:54am On Aug 16, 2021
Yes...Barter doesn't work for TLS priority payment. You can withdraw the balance and buy dollar aboki...I can help u pay it. Let me know if u are interested.

emmyvet:

Thank you for your response.

Yes, it worked for IHS and standard visa fee but not for the priority payment.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Maygirl953: 7:59am On Aug 16, 2021
Good morning all, nobody answered my question, not fair at all.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by ifeoluwadamilol: 8:14am On Aug 16, 2021
Thank you so much for the useful information.
I am booking for my dependants (the minor passport that I’ve been waiting for is just ready), already have my own visa. So, please how do I convince them at IOM office that I need a closer date? I wish to go there today.

Thanks.

latinah:

You can book online but the date that will be provide will be long,so it better you go there and do manual booking by showing them maybe when you resuming to your school for a faster date

Yes it can be paid with pounds account ,with your pounds atm
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by latinah(f): 8:19am On Aug 16, 2021
Maygirl953:
Good morning all, nobody answered my question, not fair at all.

What your question
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Maygirl953: 8:37am On Aug 16, 2021
Thank you so much Latinah. What loan companies are recognized by the UK embassy? For instance, companies like prodigy finance. I'm looking for any company I can get loan from for my studies and also use the loan as POF. I want to go for masters in computing.

Secondly, if I don't want to continue in the masters program and decide to go for another program entirely no matter the level, will I have to come back to Nigeria and start a fresh visa application or I can stay over there in the UK and make my changes?
latinah:

What your question
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by newpisces: 8:39am On Aug 16, 2021
GeneralFeezy:
It shall arrive sson by God's grace

Amen o. The delay is affecting many plans.
Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by humblemoi: 8:42am On Aug 16, 2021
Chrishertz8:

I am in Nigeria,
No I don't monitor the credit score, but was told I can't access the loan cos I am owing a financial institution,
October 2019
Trying to access specta loan from Sterling

Thank you

If the bad facility and loan you're trying to get is with a Nigerian bank, then it is best to sort out the bad loan as records will continue to hinder you given how BVN is now used all across the banks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by mrchemist(m): 8:47am On Aug 16, 2021
Good Morning all,
Please I need urgent reply during my application for CAS I used 48days Statement of Account. I have done my online Application on Thursday 12th August 2021 and my biometeric is on 17th. Tuesday. My question is Can I reprint another 29days statement today Monday 16th for uploading tomorrow . Thanks

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by OrionDigits24: 8:51am On Aug 16, 2021
Please is the Police Report compulsory for the application, because I am still waiting for my pof maturity?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by TobyTreasure: 8:53am On Aug 16, 2021
Maygirl953:
Thank you so much Latinah. What loan companies are recognized by the UK embassy? For instance, companies like prodigy finance. I'm looking for any company I can get loan from for my studies and also use the loan as POF. I want to go for masters in computing.

Secondly, if I don't want to continue in the masters program and decide to go for another program entirely no matter the level, will I have to come back to Nigeria and start a fresh visa application or I can stay over there in the UK and make my changes?

i don't think you can get any useful reply here. Most people here didn't use any loan.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Maxxyfruit: 8:56am On Aug 16, 2021
Does everyone applying for UK student visa need police report or is it peculiar to some people?
Melahou:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Godiloveu(f): 9:00am On Aug 16, 2021
Hi. I just want to clarify does it mean one can obtain visa for spouse and kid to the uk for a year master program?
ijeshaprincess:

I think you are making an easy thing complex, unless the funds are not available yet for the children to apply. If the funds are available it may be advisable to apply for the dependants(spouse & Kids) at the same time.
Acclimatizing for a month then returning for the kids is wasting precious resources. The link sent above makes taking a child without your partner seem easy but its a bit difficult and time wasting at the point of entry.
But if the fund is not available, then you can apply alone but have an answer for why you are leaving your kids with their grandparents etc.
And there are many reasons to do so depending on the ages of the children:
1. Since you are only leaving for a year or thereabout, you don't want to disrupt their education as the system is slightly different

2. If there's any below age 3, the cost of daycare is high and the child is used to her/his grandma.

3. You don't want to expose them to the unnecessary culture shock for just a year programme grin
And add the clause that if at anytime the children are missing the parents, you will definitely come and pick them to be with you!

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Greatadams: 9:11am On Aug 16, 2021
Goodmorning house ..how much do I need to be in the Acct b4 going for visa interview am really confused about the rate ... please help
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Maxxyfruit: 9:11am On Aug 16, 2021
Pls I need help filling my dependants application form.
1. On the declaration page, Do I need to choose that I am a parent applying for an applicant under 18.
2. The question about maintenance fee and where it is, should I put the same account where all our funds are for each dependant?

3. Please if possible a parent who has gone through this dependants application stage should respond here or send me a mail to makkybabe@yahoo.co.uk.

I need help please answer me parents on the page.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by hustla(m): 9:19am On Aug 16, 2021
Maxxyfruit:
Does everyone applying for UK student visa need police report or is it peculiar to some people?

Think its for courses like Nursing / Social work

(1) (2) (3) ... (844) (845) (846) (847) (848) (849) (850) ... (886)

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.