Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,612 members, 7,809,244 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:32 AM

COVID-19: Lagos Shuts Popular Queens Park Event Centre, Revokes License - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / COVID-19: Lagos Shuts Popular Queens Park Event Centre, Revokes License (26297 Views)

Coronavirus: Nigeria Shuts All International Airports To Foreign Flights / Major Blow For Foreign Airlines As FG Shuts Abuja, Lagos Airport In A Few Days / Gokada Temporarily Shuts Down After A 5min Trip By Its CEO Took More Than 15min (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

COVID-19: Lagos Shuts Popular Queens Park Event Centre, Revokes License by References1: 12:02am On Dec 28, 2020
The Lagos State Government through the Ministry of Tourism Arts and Culture has revoked the license of Queens Park Event Centre Oniru for contravening the COVID-19 protocols of the state.

The Commissioner for Tourism. Uzamat Akinbile Yussuf who confirmed the sealing, added that the step to withdraw the license was taken in the best interest of the State.

She, therefore, implored other event centres and venue owners to comply with the government’s laid down directives or risk losing their chances of doing business in Lagos.

Akinbile Yussuf reiterated that the fight against the virus can only be successful “if we all follow the laid down public health and safety protocols.”

The Director-General, Lagos State Safety Commission Mr Lanre Mojola, also said it became necessary to take such steps following an event that was held at the venue on December 26, 2020, that contravened all safety protocols laid down by the state.

The DG, also warned all other event centres and venue owners flouting safety protocols in the state to desist forthwith or risk sanction, stressing that “it is not business as usual. As such, they should either fall in line with the state’s protocols or risk losing their license to operate in the state.”

He further stated that the commission has begun a legal process against some recalcitrant business owners who removed the government seal and continued operations.

Mojola stressed that the state maintains zero tolerance towards those that do not abide by the regulations, maintaining that people must take responsibility.

He urged residents to co-operate with the government to effectively curtail the spread of the virus which is still ravaging the world and the state in particular.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2020/12/just-in-covid-19-lagos-shuts-popular-queens-park-event-centre-revokes-license/amp/
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Mukina2
Re: COVID-19: Lagos Shuts Popular Queens Park Event Centre, Revokes License by Nobody: 12:02am On Dec 28, 2020
It should serve as example to others
Simple instructions nigerians can't adhere

Nawa oooo

E be tins for dem

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Lagos Shuts Popular Queens Park Event Centre, Revokes License by doggedfighter(f): 12:13am On Dec 28, 2020
Business gone bad.

Some businesses are worst hit in this war.

And Covid is far from over sadly.

3 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Lagos Shuts Popular Queens Park Event Centre, Revokes License by Nobody: 12:15am On Dec 28, 2020
Re: COVID-19: Lagos Shuts Popular Queens Park Event Centre, Revokes License by Dominion202: 12:54am On Dec 28, 2020
Keep deceiving urself with Covid-19
Useless pple

49 Likes 4 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Lagos Shuts Popular Queens Park Event Centre, Revokes License by wwwihy: 12:55am On Dec 28, 2020
andrewmeddy8:

Why your daily report delay na

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Lagos Shuts Popular Queens Park Event Centre, Revokes License by gafman222: 12:55am On Dec 28, 2020
Dem go close event centres dem go tire because we must detty December grin

6 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Lagos Shuts Popular Queens Park Event Centre, Revokes License by jaxxy(m): 12:56am On Dec 28, 2020
Quick to act when it suits them is not good governance.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Lagos Shuts Popular Queens Park Event Centre, Revokes License by Hambivert: 12:56am On Dec 28, 2020
Although it may seem sparogatively expedient to take quick actions against COVID-19 offenders inorder to curb the spread of the virus, not minding if they are individuals or organisations
...the government also needs to understand that every Nigerian has economic needs. It could be in form of seeking fun to douse tensions, or providing a place for funseekers to seek their fun, thereby creating wealth that the economy presently needs badly.... The needs are endless!

With the zero to little effort the government is doing as regards job creation, revoking the licence is a far cry to their sing-song "We create an enabling business environment for people".

If during the COVID wave, you decide to revoke the licence of businesses that flout safety protocols leaving many jobless and straining the already weakened economy
...what would happen to the newly 'unemployed' and the economy POST-COVID?

For what shall it profit a man, if he saves his whole hood but loose his manhood?

Suspending and not revoking the licence would have been the wisest decision here...but as usual, Nigeria yet again suffers from bad advisers!

16 Likes 5 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Lagos Shuts Popular Queens Park Event Centre, Revokes License by scribble: 12:57am On Dec 28, 2020
This is draconian

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Lagos Shuts Popular Queens Park Event Centre, Revokes License by shiki(m): 12:57am On Dec 28, 2020
shocked Everything in my area is normal
I believe those task force are working only in Lekki, Ikeja and Apapa
OR
Maybe Ajah no be Lagos

12 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Lagos Shuts Popular Queens Park Event Centre, Revokes License by ryloy: 12:57am On Dec 28, 2020
gafman222:
Dem go close event centres dem go tire because we must detty December grin
January is here

3 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Lagos Shuts Popular Queens Park Event Centre, Revokes License by WrittyWritter(f): 1:02am On Dec 28, 2020
Wahala 4 event center wey popular or dey 4 popular place..d ones in my side..na parte after parte 24/7 since last week

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Lagos Shuts Popular Queens Park Event Centre, Revokes License by Bashirkareem31: 1:03am On Dec 28, 2020
[quote author=wwwihy post=97484120][/quote]The english composition na wa.
Re: COVID-19: Lagos Shuts Popular Queens Park Event Centre, Revokes License by Elsueno: 1:04am On Dec 28, 2020
Developed countries are going on lockdown because thousands of thier citizens are dying of covid and they are giving cash and palliatives to those on lockdown.

While Nigeria is going on lockdown to loot loot, cook up covid numbers and spend billions of naira feeding and taking care of imaginary infectees. This is while insecurity, poverty and hunger kills multiple times the number way covid they infect weekly.

I just can't understand this country, I mean, I love money, but I can never destroy my country nor my fellow citizens to gain it. I mean, do you feel comfortable having a mansion in D midst of shanties, looking fat and pot bellied in midst of hungry people. Driving latest cars on deplorable roads?.
What is wrong with the black man?

55 Likes 7 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Lagos Shuts Popular Queens Park Event Centre, Revokes License by sammyj: 1:16am On Dec 28, 2020
shocked shocked shocked
Re: COVID-19: Lagos Shuts Popular Queens Park Event Centre, Revokes License by globalresource: 1:16am On Dec 28, 2020
Elsueno:
Developed countries are going on lockdown because thousands of thier citizens are dying of covid and they are giving cash and palliatives to those on lockdown.

While Nigeria is going on lockdown to loot loot, cook up covid numbers and spend billions of naira feeding and taking care of imaginary infectees. This is while insecurity, poverty and hunger kills multiple times the number way covid they infect weekly.

I just can't understand this country, I mean, I love money, but I can never destroy my country nor my fellow citizens to gain it. I mean, do you feel comfortable having a mansion in D midst of shanties, looking fat and pot bellied in midst of hungry people. Driving latest cars on deplorable roads?.
What is wrong with the black man?

Black man evolves from Ape grin

Joke apart. Black man reasoning should be studied. Even the devil dey learn from black man

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Lagos Shuts Popular Queens Park Event Centre, Revokes License by azzima(m): 1:25am On Dec 28, 2020
Dominion202:
Keep deceiving urself with Covid-19
Useless pple
ILLITERATES Everywhere!!!!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Lagos Shuts Popular Queens Park Event Centre, Revokes License by Vision4God: 1:31am On Dec 28, 2020
God will c us through. But please we all need to obey rules and regulations.

It's a whole lot of adjustment but it will come and pass
Re: COVID-19: Lagos Shuts Popular Queens Park Event Centre, Revokes License by collum(m): 1:31am On Dec 28, 2020
I love the medicine given to them, just same kind gadujar gave then emir sunusi
Re: COVID-19: Lagos Shuts Popular Queens Park Event Centre, Revokes License by Goco(m): 1:37am On Dec 28, 2020
It is well. This second wave ehn...make God saves us..
I'm glad our Plant Stem Cells tackles Covid
Thank God for Phytoscience Stem Cell That tackles every issue in the body.

Our latest Testimony on is Sickle Cell Change to AA. Click the link below to understand.

https://www.nairaland.com/6330207/sickle-cell-sc-childs-genotype
Re: COVID-19: Lagos Shuts Popular Queens Park Event Centre, Revokes License by ATEAMS: 1:46am On Dec 28, 2020
Do anyhow c anyhow
Re: COVID-19: Lagos Shuts Popular Queens Park Event Centre, Revokes License by Lamasta(m): 1:56am On Dec 28, 2020
Obey the covid-19 protocols to avoid issues with the government
Re: COVID-19: Lagos Shuts Popular Queens Park Event Centre, Revokes License by Mulisana: 1:59am On Dec 28, 2020
CDC researchers analyzed the genetic code of virus samples collected from three dozen infected New Yorkers in early March and found that most of the early cases of these coronaviruses can be traced back to Europe. This also confirms what many researchers have said: by implementing mitigation measures such as travel bans, suspensions and suspension orders, New York City is spreading widely in the community.
Re: COVID-19: Lagos Shuts Popular Queens Park Event Centre, Revokes License by Enudapan: 2:56am On Dec 28, 2020
Nah eh! No qualms
This is so unsophisticated

I pray this codvid 19 ends with this year

1 Like 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Lagos Shuts Popular Queens Park Event Centre, Revokes License by Daboomb: 3:00am On Dec 28, 2020
Hambivert:
Although it may seem sparogatively expedient to take quick actions against COVID-19 offenders inorder to curb the spread of the virus, not minding if they are individuals or organisations
...the government also needs to understand that every Nigerian has economic needs. It could be in form of seeking fun to douse tensions, or providing a place for funseekers to seek their fun, thereby creating wealth that the economy presently needs badly.... The needs are endless!

With the zero to little effort the government is doing as regards job creation, revoking the licence is a far cry to their sing-song "We create an enabling business environment for people".

If during the COVID wave, you decide to revoke the licence of businesses that flout safety protocols leaving many jobless and straining the already weakened economy
...what would happen to the newly 'unemployed' and the economy POST-COVID?

For what shall it profit a man, if he saves his whole hood but loose his manhood?

Suspending and not revoking the licence would have been the wisest decision here...but as usual, Nigeria yet again suffers from bad advisers!

You have a point, about creating more unemployment by shutting down the business but there is another angle to it:
If Business owners jeopardises the safety of all Nigerians, for selfish, pecuniary interest, by opening for business despite repeated APPEALS to not open, as doing so will increase the spread of Covid-19, then such business have themselves to blame, if shut down.

At times, the only way our people understand, is the HARD WAY.
Imagine those people who attended the event, spreading Covid-19 among themselves and them taking it to their different homes?
Before you know it, it is not just that Business that will be shut down, the whole economy will be shut down and pay dearly for it, not to mention the possible loss of lives.
Our people are just too used to flagrant abuse of laid down rules. Let this one be a lesson to others. Once they know it is just 'suspension' they will be more than willing ti take a calculated risk of not being caught. The punishment should not be worth the risk of doing so or being caught.
Deterrence! Deterrence!! Deterrence!!!

Though, l must mention that the Govt itself, Politicians in particular, also DONT OBEY these rules when they want to do Politics or entertain themselves when marrying-off their children, including the Governor of Lagos as well because he was in Edo and Ekiti States, flouting Covid-19 rules, during the Edo and Ekiti elections

1 Like 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Lagos Shuts Popular Queens Park Event Centre, Revokes License by ipobarethieves: 3:29am On Dec 28, 2020
angry
Re: COVID-19: Lagos Shuts Popular Queens Park Event Centre, Revokes License by Kingjay007: 3:49am On Dec 28, 2020
Sad.. they've finally gotten a scapegoat!
Re: COVID-19: Lagos Shuts Popular Queens Park Event Centre, Revokes License by MANNABBQGRILLS: 3:50am On Dec 28, 2020
The fight against the virus can only be successful “if we all follow the laid down public health and safety protocols.”

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Deported From India Cries Out For Help As His Family Is Stranded In India / Update On Third Mainland Bridge Repairs (Week 8) / Driver Loses Control And Kills A Child In Anambra (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.