Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,763 members, 7,955,911 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:29 PM

Why Is Being An Introvert Becoming An Extreme Sport In Nigeria - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Why Is Being An Introvert Becoming An Extreme Sport In Nigeria (3186 Views)

Is Being An Introvert A Turnoff To Nigerian Employers? / Can An Introvert Survive In Lagos? / The Most Extreme Offices In The World(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Being An Introvert Becoming An Extreme Sport In Nigeria by akunsk(m): 7:54am On Dec 29, 2020
Can someone answer me please

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is Being An Introvert Becoming An Extreme Sport In Nigeria by popsy2(m): 7:55am On Dec 29, 2020
Ok
Re: Why Is Being An Introvert Becoming An Extreme Sport In Nigeria by Ussycool: 8:01am On Dec 29, 2020
Well
Re: Why Is Being An Introvert Becoming An Extreme Sport In Nigeria by soundOsonic: 9:07am On Dec 29, 2020
I will answer you with this story.

You see being an introvert in a country such as Nigeria is truly as inconvenience as trying to move forward your underwears that finds its way in between your butt cheeks especially when you are in public.
Nigeria is a country whose slogan is "shine your eye" there is no room for luke warm state of Character or melancholic display. Everyone is as active as the houseflies in ikorodu, riding the current of the wind hapzardly rather than just moving in straight line to get to their destination.
In layman's term singing market women trying to market their merchandize, noisy bus attendant trying to call in more commuters, blaring horns heard from all four cardinals, strange voices emanating from loud speaker selling their herbals, shop owners trying to kidnap you by forcefully dragging you to their shops even though you are resisting softly, loud talkers in the restaurants, tale bearers in the office, and gossip flying of like Christmas jingles in an organization.
This is obviously the hyper active behavior shown by most Nigerians, and the introverted ones just have to forcefully blend into this madness, if not you will be consider as weak, inadequate.
As an introvert, I have partake in conversation I have no interest in for the sake of moving along, I have acted and feign facial concern for matters that shouldn't be my concerns. I have found myself in friendship that I just don't know how or when we became friends.
This is Nigeria, with a very noisy people, clingy people, people who don't just like minding their business, people who just want to feel along by all means. Fvck Nigeria

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Is Being An Introvert Becoming An Extreme Sport In Nigeria by Pochettino(f): 12:22pm On Dec 29, 2020
soundOsonic:

You see being an introvert in a country such as Nigeria is truly as inconvenience as trying to move forward your underwears that finds its way in between your butt cheeks especially when you are in public.
Nigeria is a country whose slogan is "shine your eye" there is no room for luke warm state of Character or melancholic display. Everyone is as active as the houseflies in ikorodu, riding the current of the wind hapzardly rather than just moving in a straight line to get your destination.
In layman's term singing market women trying to market their merchandize, noisy bus attendant trying to call in more commuters, blaring horns heard from all for cardinals, strange voices emanating from loud speaker selling their herbals, shop owners trying to kidnap you by forcefully dragging you to their shops even though you are resisting softly, loud talkers in the restaurants, tale bearers in the office, and gossip flying of like Christmas jingles in an organization.
This is obviously the hyper active behavior shown by most Nigerians, and the introverted ones just have to forcefully blend into this madness, if not you will be consider as weak, inadequate.
As an introvert, I have partaking in conversation I have no interest in for the sake of moving along, I have acted and feign facial concern for matters that shouldn't my concerns. I have found myself in friendship that I just don't know how or when we became friends.
This is Nigeria, with a very noisy people, clingy people, people who don't just like minding their business, people who just want to feel along by all means. Fvck Nigeria

Continue pretending to be who you are not just to satisfy others.
I am an introvert & will continue to remain one. If you don't like it, stay away from me. Afterall, you asked for my acquaintance, I never needed it. Rubbish.

13 Likes

Re: Why Is Being An Introvert Becoming An Extreme Sport In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:01pm On Dec 29, 2020
wahala for introverts - una go suffa for naija grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is Being An Introvert Becoming An Extreme Sport In Nigeria by Englishisamust: 1:35pm On Dec 29, 2020
LaEvilIMiss:

you better leave him na naija we dey I just dey turn extrovert small small, When I was Introvert I feel like commiting suicide because I can blend with such a lifestyle
Re: Why Is Being An Introvert Becoming An Extreme Sport In Nigeria by YoungBlackRico(m): 1:50pm On Dec 29, 2020
I don't force shyt.
Re: Why Is Being An Introvert Becoming An Extreme Sport In Nigeria by eleojo23: 2:15pm On Dec 29, 2020
I am introverted and I don't hide it, in fact, it is difficult to hide it grin

I don't try to be as extroverted as some people will want because I can literally feel 'virtue' leaving me whenever I try to do that. grin It leaves me drained.

If you think you are strong, meet me in my head (mind) let's do a thinking contest, you will lose! I may not talk much but my head is full; my thoughts go far and wide. That's why we (introverts) make good writers tongue grin

My work requires that I interact with people so it has made me good at one-on-one conversations. I spend my day talking to people everyday and I enjoy it because I help people solve problems.

Nigeria is a very 'loud' place and the idea of minding one's business is alien to many people here. They will try to make you feel awkward if you don't join in the noise and madness but don't let that bother you.

The key to enjoying your life is to embrace your personality and also learn a little flexibility - stay true to your nature but be flexible in scenarios that demand it. However, don't try to make a 180 degrees change to your nature just to impress anyone. You won't be able to sustain the act.

Lets all learn to meet each other half-way whether you are extroverted or introverted.

cc: Lalasticlala

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Being An Introvert Becoming An Extreme Sport In Nigeria by LikeAking: 3:13pm On Dec 29, 2020
Religion and private universities ran by men of God are behind the introvert calamity befalling Nigerians.

They lock millions of Nigerian youths in their hostels/school, deprive them of all avenues of socialization and any valid contribution to the Nigerian economy for years. Talents and destines are buried in P unis ran by negative thinking MOG's in Nigeria.

The grads of P uni dont even bond well with each other,etc.

Many P uni grads will die of depression.

Our parents are not introverts why must we be introverts/

Religious Private uni are destroying the future of millions of Nig youths because they train their grads with pastoral standards, forgetting these kids they are teaching wont be pastors.

Most pastors are introverts because it in line with their profession, it works for them, bu it wont work for other who are no pastors.

A pastor can stay in his house and still become a billionaire but me and you cant try that.

Religious men/religion are a big disaster in the Nig educational sector.

Flee from religious schools if you want to life a good life i the future.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Being An Introvert Becoming An Extreme Sport In Nigeria by LikeAking: 3:15pm On Dec 29, 2020
soundOsonic:

Nigeria is a country whose slogan is "shine your eye" there is no room for luke warm state of Character or melancholic display. Everyone is as active as the houseflies in ikorodu, riding the current of the wind hapzardly rather than just moving in a straight line to get your destination.
In layman's term singing market women trying to market their merchandize, noisy bus attendant trying to call in more commuters, blaring horns heard from all four cardinals, strange voices emanating from loud speaker selling their herbals, shop owners trying to kidnap you by forcefully dragging you to their shops even though you are resisting softly, loud talkers in the restaurants, tale bearers in the office, and gossip flying of like Christmas jingles in an organization.
As an introvert, I have partaking in conversation I have no interest in for the sake of moving along, I have acted and feign facial concern for matters that shouldn't my concerns. I have found myself in friendship that I just don't know how or when we became friends.

Been an introvert is bad lock in Nigeria, except you are a pastor.
Re: Why Is Being An Introvert Becoming An Extreme Sport In Nigeria by wonder233: 3:20pm On Dec 29, 2020
You said it all. Being an introvert is near impossible in this country simply because the people around you won't mind their business and let you be. Nigerians are the most intrusive people on earth and its very disgusting. I am an unrepentant non conformist, I guard my physical and psychological personal space fiercely. Nigerians can go to hell, I don't care
soundOsonic:

6 Likes

Re: Why Is Being An Introvert Becoming An Extreme Sport In Nigeria by Weneda(m): 3:37pm On Dec 29, 2020
LaEvilIMiss:
I was once like that but those things changed when my grandfather who happens to be the head of the family died while my dad when i was 13. I took over immediately and i started having a little shift of personality. Just like what the pre socratic philosopher would say " Change is constant" I rest my case!
Re: Why Is Being An Introvert Becoming An Extreme Sport In Nigeria by WoeBetide666: 4:04pm On Dec 29, 2020
It's not so much in the North West and North East. In those places people only socialize when necessary. It has to do with cultural norms sha
Re: Why Is Being An Introvert Becoming An Extreme Sport In Nigeria by WoundedLamb: 4:14pm On Dec 29, 2020
Lol... everyone likes to feel somewhat different and unique.
Re: Why Is Being An Introvert Becoming An Extreme Sport In Nigeria by SkengRay: 4:17pm On Dec 29, 2020
LikeAking:
Religion and private universities ran by men of God are behind the introvert calamity befalling Nigerians.

They lock millions of Nigerian youths in their hostels/school, deprive them of all avenues of socialization and any valid contribution to the Nigerian economy for years. Talents and destines are buried in P unis ran by negative thinking MOG's in Nigeria.

Religious Private uni are destroying the future of millions of Nig youths because they train their grads with pastoral standards, forgetting these kids they are teaching wont be pastors.

Most pastors are introverts because it in line with their profession, it works for them, bu it wont work for other who are no pastors.

A pastor can stay in his house and still become a billionaire but me and you cant try that.

Nice Write up Bro. Exactly what I'm Going through in a Private Uni. I'd advise introverts like me to Boycott going to One.
Omo Bro I suffer wey I Suffer ehn
Re: Why Is Being An Introvert Becoming An Extreme Sport In Nigeria by jericco1(m): 5:06pm On Dec 29, 2020
Used to be extremely introverted but Omo I don dey try step out small small
Re: Why Is Being An Introvert Becoming An Extreme Sport In Nigeria by LikeAking: 5:10pm On Dec 29, 2020
SkengRay:

Nice Write up Bro. Exactly what I'm Going through in a Private Uni. I'd advise introverts like me to Boycott going to One.
Omo Bro I suffer wey I Suffer ehn

You are 100% correct

They are bringing u up with pastors standards, not with standards that will help your future.

Socialization skills for me is way, way beta than any education.

My advice.

Talk to ur parents or sponsors about your plight.

Raise you own cap n move to a real uni.

Uni education is not about having a certificate.

Most parents think so.

The Religious P unis are robbing youth of their bright future on purpose.

Religious P uni students are locked up in their schools, while fed/state uni guys are hustling, making connects, dev their talents, learning how to socialize,etc.

At the end the Fed/State uni guys will capture all the opportunities in the land, then leave the crumbs for the P uni guys in cages. This is a reality

The older Nig generation know nothing about education.

Pastors and religious men also know nothing about education.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Being An Introvert Becoming An Extreme Sport In Nigeria by Alexyswiss(m): 5:21pm On Dec 29, 2020
soundOsonic:

Bro consider a career in writing. I mean it.
Re: Why Is Being An Introvert Becoming An Extreme Sport In Nigeria by Karleb(m): 5:33pm On Dec 29, 2020
Pochettino:

Continue pretending to be who you are not just to satisfy others.
I am an introvert & will continue to remain one. If you don't like it, stay away from me. Afterall, you asked for my acquaintance, I never needed it. Rubbish.

Why your blood dey boil?
Re: Why Is Being An Introvert Becoming An Extreme Sport In Nigeria by tommy589(m): 5:53pm On Dec 29, 2020
I prefer my own company

If not that we need one another to build a family and the need to also work to make small money for the essentials of life, I like to be alone and free from all mundane social interactions

1 Like

Re: Why Is Being An Introvert Becoming An Extreme Sport In Nigeria by Vexedkid(m): 7:21pm On Dec 29, 2020
Walahi e no easy, people use the small opportunity they have to tell you that you're proud.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Being An Introvert Becoming An Extreme Sport In Nigeria by theFilmtric: 8:05pm On Dec 29, 2020
LikeAking:

must everything be religious?
Introverts are not made by anything
Its not something you learn

theFilmtricsay

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Being An Introvert Becoming An Extreme Sport In Nigeria by TimeTraveler369: 9:31pm On Dec 29, 2020
soundOsonic:

Nigeria is a country whose slogan is "shine your eye" there is no room for luke warm state of Character or melancholic display. Everyone is as active as the houseflies in ikorodu, riding the current of the wind hapzardly rather than just moving in straight line to get to their destination.
As an introvert, I have partake in conversation I have no interest in for the sake of moving along, I have acted and feign facial concern for matters that shouldn't be my concerns. I have found myself in friendship that I just don't know how or when we became friends.

Does this make sense?

May be you care what people think of you. I am only extrovert online. Offline, if we are not doing business together, dont ever come close, cos I aint talk to no one. No one is worth talking to. I prefer to read books and watch videos. Bleep humans.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Being An Introvert Becoming An Extreme Sport In Nigeria by ukaface(f): 9:34pm On Dec 29, 2020
I am an introvert.
Nigeria is already giving me stress, I can't come and give myself stress again ontop my personality. It has to be balanced biko.
Re: Why Is Being An Introvert Becoming An Extreme Sport In Nigeria by OwoukoUrua(m): 9:40pm On Dec 29, 2020
No be small thing o
Re: Why Is Being An Introvert Becoming An Extreme Sport In Nigeria by LikeAking: 9:51pm On Dec 29, 2020
theFilmtric:

must everything be religious?
Introverts are not made by anything
Its not something you learn

theFilmtricsay

kIDS CAN BE CONDITIONED TO BE INTROVERTS.

hAVE U SEEN SOME DEEPER LIFE KIDS?

Nigerians are not introverts by nature.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Being An Introvert Becoming An Extreme Sport In Nigeria by theFilmtric: 9:57pm On Dec 29, 2020
LikeAking:

kIDS CAN BE CONDITIONED TO BE INTROVERTS.
hAVE U SEEN SOME DEEPER LIFE KIDS?
Nigerians are not introverts by nature.
stop deceiving yourself abeg There are Extroverts and Introverts everywhere About the deeper life stuff What's your definition of Introverts?
theFilmtricsay

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Being An Introvert Becoming An Extreme Sport In Nigeria by theFilmtric: 10:00pm On Dec 29, 2020
TimeTraveler369:

Does this make sense?

May be you care what people think of you. I am only extrovert online. Offline, if we are not doing business together, dont ever come close, cos I aint talk to no one. No one is worth talking to. I prefer to read books and watch videos. Bleep humans.
me too
I'm only extroverted online
We have the same kinda behaviour
But Nigeria frustrates alot

theFilmtricsay
Re: Why Is Being An Introvert Becoming An Extreme Sport In Nigeria by ElRapido: 12:04am On Dec 30, 2020
Most people don't even know what introvert means.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Being An Introvert Becoming An Extreme Sport In Nigeria by Eniola62(m): 2:08am On Dec 30, 2020
soundOsonic:

Guy grin
Re: Why Is Being An Introvert Becoming An Extreme Sport In Nigeria by 1Sharon(f): 2:26am On Dec 30, 2020
Introverted ppl aren't weak and docile as yall think..

go ahead and offend them..

(1) (2) (Reply)

Urgent Bank Vacancy, Act Fast / Business Development Manager For Oil & Gas Firm Needed / Pls Who Else Got Invitation Fronm Tociano Nigeria Limited

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.