Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,937 members, 7,835,120 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:04 AM

Okonkwo Donates 50 Transformers To Constituency - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okonkwo Donates 50 Transformers To Constituency (838 Views)

Photos: David Mark Distributes 20 Transformers To Ogbadibo, Okpokwu LGAs / Ben Murray-Bruce Visits His Constituency (Photos) / Hon. Obinna Onwubuariri, The YOUNGEST LAWMAKER Tours His Constituency! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okonkwo Donates 50 Transformers To Constituency by aloyemeka1: 8:43pm On Mar 28, 2011
[size=14pt]
Okonkwo donates 50 transformers to constituency
[/size]
News Monday, March 28, 2011

AWKA -The Senator representing Anambra Central in the National Assembly, Senator Annie Okonkwo who is seeking re-election on the platform of the Accord Party, AP, has donated 50 new electricity transformers to his constituency.

The transformers which gulped close to N150 million are being distributed to communities by the Senator Annie Okonkwo Campaign Organization to boost and stabilize electricity supply and distribution to his constituents.

http://odili.net/news/source/2011/mar/28/301.html

Hon. C.C. Okeke, the Director-General of the Campaign Organization explained that the Senator's gesture underscores his vivid appreciation of his constituents desires being predominantly business and tradesmen.

He said that the intervention was timely as business concerns that are nose-diving on the account of epileptic power supply can now be revived.

In a brief remark during the handing over of one of the 500 KVA transformers to the people of Umuoji, Ebenebe and Eke Awka AMATA Market Union, Sen. Okonkwo expressed happiness over the enterprising ability of Ndigbo which he said has made them job creators instead of job seekers and urged them to sustain their industry even on the face of very trying times.
Re: Okonkwo Donates 50 Transformers To Constituency by aloyemeka1: 8:44pm On Mar 28, 2011
On the eve of election?. Greek gift for sure.
Re: Okonkwo Donates 50 Transformers To Constituency by Sparkle777(f): 9:12pm On Mar 28, 2011
aloy/emeka:

On the eve of election?. Greek gift for sure.
At all at all. Na im bad pass. If others would follow suite, we are talking of thousands of transformers, which would help. Abi?
Re: Okonkwo Donates 50 Transformers To Constituency by EzeUche(m): 9:17pm On Mar 28, 2011
People act like other countries do not do that. In the United States, it is called Pork Barrel spending. If he wants to give his constituents these gifts, then let him do it.

This is how you buy votes.
Re: Okonkwo Donates 50 Transformers To Constituency by EkoIle1: 10:37pm On Mar 28, 2011
EzeUche:

People act like other countries do not do that. In the United States, it is called Pork Barrel spending. If he wants to give his constituents these gifts, then let him do it.

This is not Pork Barrel spending. Pork Barrel is when you steer federally voted money to implement federal projects in your constituency.
Re: Okonkwo Donates 50 Transformers To Constituency by EzeUche(m): 10:39pm On Mar 28, 2011
Eko Ile:

This is not Pork Barrel spending. Pork Barrel is when you steer federally voted money to implement federal projects in your constituency.

Same thing in a way. He is still providing for his constituents. The man may not be steering federal projects to his people, like they do in the U.S. but he is focusing on "bread & butter issues." Like providing electricity for his constituents. This is a local project in a way though. . .
Re: Okonkwo Donates 50 Transformers To Constituency by fstranger3(m): 1:01am On Mar 29, 2011
^^^^

So we do agree that you just lied, as ususal. And, that, there is a clear difference between pork barrel spending, which is totally legal and rarely done on the eve of elections, and greek gifts, which are mostly unaccaounted for and in so many ways corrupt the system.
Re: Okonkwo Donates 50 Transformers To Constituency by Kobojunkie: 1:03am On Mar 29, 2011
EzeUche:

What the crud  shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked   This is pork barrel spending ROFLMAO!!

@OP, the guy won   dey gu o people topi!  -- na dem money im dey use buy the transformer come dey pretend say na im own money ooo!!! lol Where are his boys to come sing songs of praise -- telling us how their senator is a man of humility and all that nonsense paid goons do on nairaland.
Re: Okonkwo Donates 50 Transformers To Constituency by Nobody: 2:27am On Mar 29, 2011
More transformers to hug grin
Re: Okonkwo Donates 50 Transformers To Constituency by OYINBOGOJU(m): 4:35am On Mar 29, 2011
Stolen Money of the people by the people of the senate.

The money is constituency fund each senator got from federal govt. annually to develop their constituency.

The Ignorant citizens thought the Rogue is kind enough to use his personal cash to favor them.

My Point

He gave them what rightfully belong to them.
Re: Okonkwo Donates 50 Transformers To Constituency by Chyz2: 4:37am On Mar 29, 2011
I wouldn't call it a gift, but i would call it an investment for election.
Re: Okonkwo Donates 50 Transformers To Constituency by oluwabamis(m): 10:19am On Mar 29, 2011
he will collect those trnsformers back, if he doesnt win. mark my words. he knows the contest is going to be very hot, so he try to bribe the voters.
Re: Okonkwo Donates 50 Transformers To Constituency by naso2(m): 10:28am On Mar 29, 2011
OYINBOGOJU:

Stolen Money of the people by the people of the senate.

The money is constituency fund each senator got from federal govt. annually to develop their constituency.

The Ignorant citizens thought the Rogue is kind enough to use his personal cash to favor them.

My Point

He gave them what rightfully belong to them.

Dont say what you dont know. Ani is reputed to have engaged his personal wealth in massive community development efforts even before he went into politics.
Re: Okonkwo Donates 50 Transformers To Constituency by OYINBOGOJU(m): 12:51pm On Mar 29, 2011
na_so:

Dont say what you dont know. Ani is reputed to have engaged his personal wealth in massive community development efforts even before he went into politics.

Ohh bro, If you don`t know me please don`t tell me i am saying what i don`t know.

Each Senators got 250Million Naira annually as constituency funds.

The money is actually meant to develop their constituent.

He has being a senator for 4 years which total the amount to the tune of 1billion naira.

Now tell me why he didn`t remember to buy the transformers for the past 3 years

Maybe he just realize the people need the transformer.

As you have said he is a respectable business man

My question

Why he didn`t buy those transformer before he was elected 4 years ago ,when government money never enter his pocket.

What are the benefits the people of his area got from him in the past 3 years?

Now it is election he bought them transformer with their money.

Re: Okonkwo Donates 50 Transformers To Constituency by Fogman(m): 1:16pm On Mar 29, 2011
Medicine after death! Where was sen Okonkwo before now? If not for the caliber of his oponents, there wont be any donation.
Re: Okonkwo Donates 50 Transformers To Constituency by OYINBOGOJU(m): 10:53pm On Mar 29, 2011
Fogman:

Medicine after death! Where was sen Okonkwo before now? If not for the caliber of his oponents, there wont be any donation.

Thanks jor Fogman ,you understand better.

Authority Stealing.
Re: Okonkwo Donates 50 Transformers To Constituency by aloyemeka1: 1:15am On Mar 30, 2011
OYINBOGOJU:

Ohh bro, If you don`t know me please don`t tell me i am saying what i don`t know.

Each Senators got 250Million Naira annually  as constituency funds.

The money is actually meant to develop their constituent.

He has being a senator for 4 years which total the amount to the tune of 1billion naira.

Now tell me why he didn`t remember to buy the transformers for the past 3 years

Maybe he just realize the people need the transformer.

As you have said he is a respectable business man

My question

Why he didn`t buy those transformer before he was elected 4 years ago ,when government money never enter his pocket.

What are the benefits the people of his area got from him in the past 3 years?

Now it is election he bought them transformer with their money.

What kind of country is Nigeria?. Do they pay the annual N250M into their accounts?
Re: Okonkwo Donates 50 Transformers To Constituency by OYINBOGOJU(m): 5:04am On Mar 30, 2011
aloy/emeka:

What kind of country is Nigeria?. Do they pay the annual N250M into their accounts?

Bro that is the way it is,

That is why Politician give it whatever it takes

Until you get involved bro, there so many things you and i still don`t know.

but what i know is , House of Senate is like a Business Empire where everybody there negotiate what goes inside his/her pocket.

WHICH KIND LAW DEM DEY PASS SELF?
Re: Okonkwo Donates 50 Transformers To Constituency by Nobody: 5:23am On Mar 30, 2011
Why didn't he hug the transformers as a gesture of goodwill?

(1) (Reply)

Political N-report (a Must See For Every Nigerian) / Would You Advice Gej To Resign? / Vi, Ikoyi, Gra Ikeja And Apapa Excluded From The Lagos Tenancy Law!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.