Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,667 members, 7,820,346 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:23 PM

Lagos State Governorship Debate On Stv - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos State Governorship Debate On Stv (8240 Views)

Jimi Agbaje And Ambode At The Lagos State Governorship Debate (Photo) / Lagos Governorship Debate: Candidate Performace Ratings By Premium Times / Ondo State Governorship Debate - Final Round - Live On AIT! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos State Governorship Debate On Stv by Seun(m): 10:09pm On Mar 28, 2011
How was it?
Re: Lagos State Governorship Debate On Stv by obowu: 10:13pm On Mar 28, 2011
Those guys just ended up making Fashola a super star, it will be a miracle for anyone to beat Fashola in Lagos state this April election, they guy got a record to beat
Re: Lagos State Governorship Debate On Stv by sssob: 10:19pm On Mar 28, 2011
nonsense, arrangement interuption from idiots as panelist or wateva u call dem, the lil guy was to aggressive he will neva make it to the poll, so animated, it was scary
Re: Lagos State Governorship Debate On Stv by damola1: 10:22pm On Mar 28, 2011
it's very funny, I thought I should run, I know, I have got the capacity to deliver more than some of the contestants in there. None of them spoke about figures, how can you talk about management without figures, when fashola said, we have delivered consistently in the last 4 years over 70% efficiency in our budget implementation, one foolishly said he could have carried figures along if they were asked to,

And I like fashola, he just made them look like babies, saying, Dear Lagosians, I have delivered every promised I have made publicly in the last 4years,
Re: Lagos State Governorship Debate On Stv by damola1: 10:23pm On Mar 28, 2011
sssob:

nonsense, arrangement interuption from idiots as panelist or wateva u call dem, the lil guy was to aggressive he will neva make it to the poll, so animated, it was scary

Those panelist were pretty rude, especially that former NBA chairman, he's just interrupting them every second,
Re: Lagos State Governorship Debate On Stv by deor03(m): 10:26pm On Mar 28, 2011
Did Baba Randle show up ?
Re: Lagos State Governorship Debate On Stv by zankey(m): 10:28pm On Mar 28, 2011
The debate, panelists are not well coordinated, they are just breaking in into the candidates Answer, And in All Fashola Carry the day!
Re: Lagos State Governorship Debate On Stv by DoubleN(m): 10:29pm On Mar 28, 2011
A candidate said he would improve the economy by reducing the price of fish by 50% and Plant more Coconuts!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked . This guy must have smoked some expired chicken feed before coming for the debate.
Re: Lagos State Governorship Debate On Stv by zankey(m): 10:36pm On Mar 28, 2011
One of the candidate promise to build metro lines in One year, using Chinese Private Partnership, , another promise to encourage oka riders and Street/hold-up hawkers, PDP candidate promise to demolish all toll gates in the state(including the Air Port tollgate).
Re: Lagos State Governorship Debate On Stv by kaypumpin2(m): 10:37pm On Mar 28, 2011
Fashola is head and shoulder above these pretenders to his seat.Why i agree some of the panelists,especially Agbakoba were disruptive to the flow of the debate,the grating and annoying manners in these jokers conducted themselves did not help.So many promises with out in-depth knowlegde of the processes involved.I kinda understand Agbakoba's irascibility based on that.

deor03:

Did Baba Randle show up ?
No he didn't but the ANPP candidate made sure we didn't miss the JOKER.Why did some of these parties conspire to make Fashola's road back to the state house so simple.
Re: Lagos State Governorship Debate On Stv by texazzpete(m): 10:37pm On Mar 28, 2011
Olisa Agbakoba is just a slowpoke, sorry to say. His conduct was utterly shameful for a former NBA chairman.
Repeated interruptions, borderline inane questions, muttering audibly that some candidates 'are not serious'.
Re: Lagos State Governorship Debate On Stv by zankey(m): 10:41pm On Mar 28, 2011
texazzpete:

Olisa Agbakoba is just a not-so-smart person, sorry to say. His conduct was utterly shameful for a former NBA chairman.
Repeated interruptions, borderline inane questions, muttering audibly that some candidates are not serious.

Thank you oo! I thot I was the only one that notice this, has he forgotten that he has a mic pin to his cloths,
Re: Lagos State Governorship Debate On Stv by symbianDON(m): 10:44pm On Mar 28, 2011
some of these contestants ought actually to be stand-up comedians grin
Re: Lagos State Governorship Debate On Stv by scopusng(m): 10:46pm On Mar 28, 2011
Only insane person will waste his or her vote for those brainless candidates beside Fashola
Re: Lagos State Governorship Debate On Stv by kokoA(m): 10:56pm On Mar 28, 2011
Thoes dudes (apart from BRF) reminds of agberos.
Re: Lagos State Governorship Debate On Stv by solihu(m): 10:57pm On Mar 28, 2011
I'd say Olisa Agbakoba's interruption was way too much even though he was trying point out obvious unsatisfactory answers some of the contestant are reeling out. For example: when I'am elected governor, i will do bla bla bla without stating how to and most especially funding the project!

If ya'll noticed the final statement by that short dude (NCP candidate) which he had to be stoped abrubtly by the timekeeper. The crowed had to swiftly boo the timekeeper for being biased. His point was in his dispensation towing vehicles are to be a form of social service to assist a vehicle owner to convey it to an appropriate place when its down without any cost attached. He said KAI etc has no relevance.

It a comedy of some sort to say the least.
Re: Lagos State Governorship Debate On Stv by vwvw(m): 11:03pm On Mar 28, 2011
no i disagree olisa asked the questions noone was willing to ask.leadership is too serious to be left in the hands of mediocres. com on uv got to have the stats correct.uv got to have ur vision well thought out.tokoya is talking of free education when anpp has never done it.the panelist has got a job to do.ask d daring questions so we do not ask the same questions tomorrow.if u ask me how many of d candidates drew the tangent between their goal and strategy maybe only brf.i think they only made d job easier for him.
Re: Lagos State Governorship Debate On Stv by bukkytroni: 11:12pm On Mar 28, 2011
night of a thousand laughsssss

I DEY LAUGH OO
Re: Lagos State Governorship Debate On Stv by Nobody: 11:20pm On Mar 28, 2011
Re: Lagos State Governorship Debate On Stv by dumodust(m): 11:21pm On Mar 28, 2011
olisa agbakoba was downright annoying, his utterances were shameful and the debate seemed to be skewed towards fashola as one of the candidates rightly noticed. did someone get a preview of the questions here? apart from dosunmu and fashola the other candidates were fun, pure comic relief grin
Re: Lagos State Governorship Debate On Stv by BluStreak(m): 11:28pm On Mar 28, 2011
BRF's opponents at the debate gave him some real good comic relief from the rigors of governing a very complicated state like Lagos. He was just smiling all tru and having a field day. I hope Tinubu will not kick him to the cubs after his stewardship in Lagos. That guy is a President material. Very articulate, humble and intellectually sound. BRF for president 2015.
Re: Lagos State Governorship Debate On Stv by onyx79(m): 11:30pm On Mar 28, 2011
i thought most of the candidates were unprepared.
Most of them were largely incoherent, Dosunmu was quite different  but unconvincing.
the APGA candidate was clearly a disaster.
the opposition in Lagos are not a match for Fashola.
This is a wrap for ACN.
Re: Lagos State Governorship Debate On Stv by wahidi: 11:48pm On Mar 28, 2011
olisa agbakoba was partial and bias among d panelist during d debate!!!!
Re: Lagos State Governorship Debate On Stv by ade2011: 11:51pm On Mar 28, 2011
i am suprised that those parading to lead don't even have the slightest idea of what they want to do and how they want to do it,although the current lagos government,has areas where they lack ,except for PDP candidate, the rest are comedians ,please check out this contract of lagos state government for 2009 and 2010, please check it out.
check this website and u will know that AC< PDP <CPC, are all the same

http://www.stb.lagosstate.gov.ng/stbcontract2009.htm

http://www.stb.lagosstate.gov.ng/stbcontract2010.htm
Re: Lagos State Governorship Debate On Stv by fizzygal: 11:54pm On Mar 28, 2011
obowu:

Those guys just ended up making Fashola a super star, it will be a miracle for anyone to beat Fashola in Lagos state this April election, they guy got a record to beat

Correct!!!!!!!
Re: Lagos State Governorship Debate On Stv by puremind(m): 12:04am On Mar 29, 2011
clearly BRF carried the day but from d look on his face,it seems his excellency is troubled,i don talk my own oooooooo shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Lagos State Governorship Debate On Stv by opalu: 12:05am On Mar 29, 2011
Olisa Ogbakoba made himself look so silly.
Is it easy to be a Governorship candidate in Lagos? The least Candidate in an unknown party there spent not less than N500 million already. If it is easy let him go and run for Reps in his tiny state in the east.

he was just harrassing everyone of the candidates anyhow.
How does he expect the candidates to cram the Lagos state budget?

'The incubent spent 5 hours reading the budget to the house at alausa. So how can we put all those things in our heads?' Asked one of them
Re: Lagos State Governorship Debate On Stv by opalu: 12:14am On Mar 29, 2011
Fashola had the details more because he is the incubent.

I like the Dosunmu guy if not for the fact that he is was sacked for fraudulent practices from NIMASA
http://allafrica.com/stories/200907081054.html shocked shocked
Re: Lagos State Governorship Debate On Stv by damola1: 12:37am On Mar 29, 2011
puremind:

clearly BRF carried the day but from d look on his face,it seems his excellency is troubled,i don talk my own oooooooo shocked shocked shocked shocked

I sense he's troubled because he actually believes in democracy, unlike previous times when tinubu was allowed to use his thugery to get the polls done, I think he wants to start doing it the right way, he actually invested hugely in campaigning and is hoping lagosians will put him back and more importantly, he's afraid for the fraud that could be committed by the other parties, I might be wrong though,
Re: Lagos State Governorship Debate On Stv by jmaine: 12:52am On Mar 29, 2011
dumodust:

olisa agbakoba was downright annoying,  his utterances were shameful and the debate seemed to be skewed towards fashola as one of the candidates rightly noticed. did someone get a preview of the questions here? apart from dosunmu and fashola the other candidates were fun, pure comic relief grin

The respect and bias they accorded Fashola was to glaring especially the shameful acts of Olisa Abgakoba, one of the candidates even had to ask whether they were not compromised . Guess it's because Gov Fashola is a SAN, reason for their adjudged prejudice .

but Dang! Fashola has the road map of Lagos on his palm. at a point i mistook him for a scientist/engineer rather than a lawyer . he is indeed learned . .

Verdict :- comical fellow aspirants apart from Dosumu who had a fair outing today and the annoying and spiteful Olisa Agbakoba  angry  who should have done better, the panelist were biased  towards Fashola   sad .
Re: Lagos State Governorship Debate On Stv by Nobody: 1:06am On Mar 29, 2011
Re: Lagos State Governorship Debate On Stv by dbells: 1:37am On Mar 29, 2011
verdict :- comical fellow aspirants apart from Dosumu who had a fair outing today and the annoying and spiteful Olisa Agbakoba Angry who should have done better, the panelist were biased towards Fashola Sad .

Well,it's difficult not to've bin biased towards gov.fashola. The panelists have resided in lagos for decades and have witnessed the transformation currently bin supervised by fashola irrespective of the blurred perspectives the other candidates choose to adopt.These people(the panelists),like you and I,have blood running through their vains! habi we wan make lagos become another ogun state or akwa-ibom state?( these r pdp states renowned for their intolerance of opposition or criticism). Lagosians, you'll never know what you have until you loose it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Chatham House Prize: Jega, John Kerry Others Nominated / UNGA: Buhari Departs Abuja For New York / People With Disabilities Storm APC Secretariat, Drum Support For Yahaya Bello

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.