Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,450 members, 7,819,662 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:07 PM

Lagos State Governorship Debate On Stv - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos State Governorship Debate On Stv (8238 Views)

Jimi Agbaje And Ambode At The Lagos State Governorship Debate (Photo) / Lagos Governorship Debate: Candidate Performace Ratings By Premium Times / Ondo State Governorship Debate - Final Round - Live On AIT! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos State Governorship Debate On Stv by sirt1(m): 9:46am On Mar 29, 2011
Painful that I missed the debate. No doubt about it, Fashola all the way. But my question/concern is that hope Fashola will not mess up this second time like other Governors did? Don't forget Daniel did some sort of goodies during his first term and messed up big time during the second term. I pray God will guide FAshola not to disappoint.
Re: Lagos State Governorship Debate On Stv by steeviee(m): 9:57am On Mar 29, 2011
It is really sad that there hasn't been any clear and formidable opposition in the race which is not healthy for the populace. Fashola has become arrogant and often times permeate ignorance. He told someone yesterday that he will never become a governor. That is pride, pride comes before a fall. I have refused to glorify his decadence with my sacred excercise called vote.
Re: Lagos State Governorship Debate On Stv by lawma(m): 9:59am On Mar 29, 2011
voting is base on what individual thinks and what he can do, brf dominate the day is has already done 60% of what his opponent is promising, we all know that the incumbent governor is the only person that can tell how much a project will cost at the moment and there 1 silly person who calls himself a former MBA chairman was there asking at what cost everything he talks abt is cost (ibo man with money money). I hope that those point pointed out by brf opponent will be seen as a challenge for a better tomorrow if he is being voted again
Re: Lagos State Governorship Debate On Stv by justokey(m): 10:05am On Mar 29, 2011
master j:

I am typically disappointed with the opposition. Without a doubt, BRF has done very well but what reference point can we use? prior to his ascendancy, Lagos state was in a mess, so we were really hungry for some change. my hope was that some of this new guys (mere actors i dare say) would offer better options by proposing a wholistic approach to some of the very salient problems but all i heard was mundane bits about coconut and fish!!!!! (ninu gbogbo nkan to wa ni ile yi!!!) MY ONLY HOPE IS THAT BRF WOULD TAKE SOMETHING AWAY FROM ALL THE CRITICISMS IN HIS SECOND COMING AS GOV e.g OVER TAXATION, INSECURITY, LACK OF CREATIVE INGENUITY IN REVENUE GENERATION ETC.

My thinking exactly! In 2007 fashola outlined his key performance indicators and everyone that followed that campaign knows that he has achieved them. But am not happy that he is not setting himself clear measurable goals in this second term. His campaign has been centered on the good works he has achieved in the 1st term. My hope was that the opposition would box him in a corner and bring out the best in him. But they didnt. When you go against a sitting government, you spend time and resources in research and strategy. Campaign is not all about posters and jingles! We all want the best for Lagos and for now Fashola is the only option.
Re: Lagos State Governorship Debate On Stv by CeediPee(m): 10:07am On Mar 29, 2011
I think it was okay,
Re: Lagos State Governorship Debate On Stv by lekwas: 10:13am On Mar 29, 2011
Guys, that was debate to watch. I had no iota of doubt that Fashola would outshine the others given the quality of their deputy governor aspirants.

My best moment was when the woman SAN asked them the criteria on which they chose their deputies and also in the event that they are to be replaced for whatever constitutional reason if 'those women' were fit to be governors in their stead? I felt sorry for Fashola as it was clear that that was the Achilles hill of his second coming. Though it was clearly evident from the debate last week that those women were not just 'uninspiring' they were simply unintelligent. I wish he could actually do something in that area.

As for the others, dem no get anything to sell, buy or to offer.
Again I observed that BRF was very clear in making us understand that he was only accountable for the things that happened in the last 4 years without answering questions that will take him to preceding administration, that for me is worthy of note, we can judge him purely on merit.

As for Agbakoba, I will not blame his visible irritability at the responses from the other candidates, Lagos has progressed beyond what they had to offer, if they are representing states like, Kogi, Ebonyi, Taraba, Jigawa and the likes one can question his reactions, but coming from Lagos i am sorry if I was in that panel I would have walked out on them because their actions and responses were too pedestrian for the advanced level of the Lagos politics

All the same, I think I liked what I saw, that is what I will call a debate, (tackling your opponents from the points of his/her weakness) GEJ/PDP learn from this and don't shy away from debates.
Re: Lagos State Governorship Debate On Stv by Nkemika(f): 10:28am On Mar 29, 2011
all of dem are just not serious jare, action speaks more tongue
Re: Lagos State Governorship Debate On Stv by eleffizi: 10:33am On Mar 29, 2011
One thing I liked about the Lagos State Governorship was that all the aspirants came including Fashola. That singular act added value to the debate. That is why I will always respect Fashola and the other aspirants till tommorrow. They call came, spoke about their plans, their vision for Lagos State, and their greivances. NOBODY SHUNNED THE DEBATE WITH A LAME EXCUSE FOR BEING BUSY !
All of them were mature enough to understand that attending the debate was an integral part of the campaign they were all engaging in.

That is why I value the debate so much!

Kudos to all the participants!
Re: Lagos State Governorship Debate On Stv by allboyz(m): 10:33am On Mar 29, 2011
three tins learnt. . . .

Fashola has good command of English and hence he used it to beat his opponent effectively. . .

The panels were lame!! - STV is a Disgrace for bringing such people even the lady among them kept asking silly questions and dont know who she shud direct her questions to. . .the Former NBA man was rude!!!!!

Only the PDP candidate can challenge BRF. . .he was calm, compose and intelligent. . .

Clearly, BRF would be re-elected coz that is what STV management wants looking at the set-up and plans. . . .

the question is, does our vote really count?
Re: Lagos State Governorship Debate On Stv by Nkemika(f): 10:38am On Mar 29, 2011
smiley
Re: Lagos State Governorship Debate On Stv by demola9: 10:43am On Mar 29, 2011
dosunmu for governor and let remove the toll gate and stop tinubu from killing lagos
Re: Lagos State Governorship Debate On Stv by fukings: 10:48am On Mar 29, 2011
^^^ mayb next year, definitely not now. BRF is undisputable in 2011
Re: Lagos State Governorship Debate On Stv by allboyz(m): 10:50am On Mar 29, 2011
fukings:

^^^ mayb next year, definitely not now. BRF is undisputable in 2011

4 yrs time u meant. . . wink
Re: Lagos State Governorship Debate On Stv by Nobody: 10:52am On Mar 29, 2011
Re: Lagos State Governorship Debate On Stv by DAY12(m): 11:07am On Mar 29, 2011
BRF is just an exceptional, other candidate applications are doomed.

Meanwhile Nobody is perfect, Lets joins hands and pray for OUR DEAR GOV.

Cheers.
Re: Lagos State Governorship Debate On Stv by ideylaff: 11:08am On Mar 29, 2011
I'd say Olisa Agbakoba's interruption was way too much even though  he was trying point out obvious unsatisfactory answers  some of the contestant are reeling out. For example: when I'am elected governor, i will do bla bla bla without stating how to and most especially funding the project!

If ya'll noticed the final statement by that short dude (NCP candidate) which he had to be stoped abrubtly by the timekeeper. The crowed had to swiftly boo the timekeeper for being biased. His point was in his dispensation towing vehicles are to be a form of social service to assist a vehicle owner to convey it to an appropriate place when its down without any cost attached. He said KAI etc has no relevance.

It a comedy of some sort to say the least.

Id probably say it s the lawyer in him that over took his emotive action on the day

He his just like a Mini Gani Fawehinmi, R.I.P. , u need to see them both in court,

Gani will speak on at the top of his voice, till the oppositions lawyer has no voice,

it normally ; takes the Presiding judge to have some courage and balls to say, Order in my Court

Olisa is like that too as well as Femi Falana and Mike Ozekhome, even Festus Keyamo,  smiley

Once you don't have finesse to your outward actions, at an early age, you cannot buy it any more even if you attend, Oxford, Harvard or Cambridge University grin

Lets excuse Olisa,
Re: Lagos State Governorship Debate On Stv by chopper(m): 11:14am On Mar 29, 2011
Fashola is threeeeeee much!!!!
Re: Lagos State Governorship Debate On Stv by ideylaff: 11:45am On Mar 29, 2011
Fashola is threeeeeee much!!!!

Yep, unless B$D£ "no shame" G£ORG£ wants to pull some silly stunts, just to impress The People \Destroying/Peoples Party cheesy
Re: Lagos State Governorship Debate On Stv by kemisuga(f): 12:04pm On Mar 29, 2011
PEOPLE DECEIVING PEOPLE (PDP) tongue

BRF - All the Way********************* cheesy
Re: Lagos State Governorship Debate On Stv by Tunsbobo(m): 12:11pm On Mar 29, 2011
fashola 4 governor 2011, fashola 4 president 2015!
Re: Lagos State Governorship Debate On Stv by metrixauto: 12:18pm On Mar 29, 2011
honestly the panelist were biased toward Fashola,but nevertheless the guy carrys the day,that most anying person is the lady among them called Funke Adekoya,she made a very stupid comment about running mattes of the other contestant,which i did not expect from such calibre of the so called SAN status,she could not have made such idiotic statement about such people knowinfully well they emmerge tru a democtratic means ,she shold be cautioned because thats her just personal opinion
Re: Lagos State Governorship Debate On Stv by habayommy: 12:29pm On Mar 29, 2011
Fashola had the details more because he is the incumbent.

i quite agree with u
Re: Lagos State Governorship Debate On Stv by kingjoe(m): 12:52pm On Mar 29, 2011
olisa agbakoba was biased,others gave fashola so much respect i did'nt like. the debate exposed the problems in the present adminisration. multiple taxation, unjustifiable toll gates, over use of consultants, constant disagreement of acn with the federal govt ,when acn cant solve all the problems alo ne.need to explore more avenues 4 income generation without exploiting lagosians. the need to treat citizens with respect. need to create job friendly environment .the need for uninterupted power supply.thesearejust the ones i remember.
Re: Lagos State Governorship Debate On Stv by vwvw(m): 12:54pm On Mar 29, 2011
cool
,she could not have made such idiotic statement about such people knowinfully well they emmerge tru a democtratic means ,she shold be cautioned because thats her just personal opinion
I'm sorry there was nothing idiotic about her summation. the deputy governorship debate paled by a mile in comparison to their
male counterparts. the deputy governorship debate was a gathering of marketwomen leaders
who spoke like english was their 4th language. Entrusting governorship into any of their
hands would be surely casting pearls before swine
Re: Lagos State Governorship Debate On Stv by lolasammy: 12:56pm On Mar 29, 2011
I commend the organizer of that debate, it was indeed an eye opener.

I am in total agreement with you that apart from Fashola & Dosumu, the other where just there for child's play.
some how Dosumu seems to have the idea on how to run governance but the gap is just to wide as Fashola is not only experience but he is also very Intelligent.

My advice for governor Fashola is when elect into office for 2nd term; which we all know he will be, he should put into considerations all those points which his opponent
where using to speak against his administration.

I also agree with the judges about the deputy governor debate, they where not impressive at all, I could remember one of them saying [b]some of our graduate don’t know the appropriate time to use the word "his or was" and this same person did the same mistake time without number.[/b]The only advantage Fashola's running mate has is that she has been working under the incumbent Governor, so she has the working experience.

Indeed, Fashola is more than just Governor, He is the kind of leader we need in Nigerian.
I wish him and his team a successful tenure ahead.
Re: Lagos State Governorship Debate On Stv by Diligence: 1:11pm On Mar 29, 2011
I don't blame the panelists - there is 1. Need Improvement, 2. Meets Expectations, 3. Exceeds Expectation and 4. Significantly exceeds expectations.

They expected so much from potential governor of Lagos State, but they were utterly disappointed, nay frustrated with sheer stupidity of some of the candidates.

Honestly, only Fashola meets expectations, others; they don't even need improvement; they are a square peg in a round hole! It's that bad - I even feel so devastated wt their response to questions!
Re: Lagos State Governorship Debate On Stv by daytu2(f): 1:14pm On Mar 29, 2011
grin grin grin wat else do u expect from d debate na,BRF is too intelligent for all dos jokers who thinks ruling a whole city is a game.They ve only justified BRF for second term
Re: Lagos State Governorship Debate On Stv by TawaTemi1(f): 1:15pm On Mar 29, 2011
ideylaff:

Id probably say it s the lawyer in him that over took his emotive action on the day

He his just like a Mini Gani Fawehinmi, R.I.P. , u need to see them both in court,

Gani will speak on at the top of his voice, till the oppositions lawyer has no voice,

it normally ; takes the Presiding judge to have some courage and balls to say,  Order in my Court

Olisa is like that too as well as Femi Falana and Mike Ozekhome, even Festus Keyamo,   smiley

Once you don't have finesse to your outward actions, at an early age, you cannot buy it any more even if you attend, Oxford, Harvard or Cambridge University grin

Lets excuse Olisa,

A candidate said he would improve the economy by reducing the price of fish by 50% and Plant more Coconuts!! Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked . This guy must have smoked some expired chicken feed before coming for the debate.

I cant help but laugh at the two comments above.

I didnt watch the debate but after going through the comments on this thread, I do know that Fashola is a man to beat at the coming poll.
Re: Lagos State Governorship Debate On Stv by ektbear: 1:19pm On Mar 29, 2011
Youtube link?
Re: Lagos State Governorship Debate On Stv by habayommy: 1:26pm On Mar 29, 2011
[quote][/quote]^^^ mayb next year, definitely not now. BRF is undisputable in 2011

next year grin
Re: Lagos State Governorship Debate On Stv by madoba: 2:25pm On Mar 29, 2011
I thoroughly enjoyed the debate, it was entertaining, hilarious and informative. BRF definitely outshined the other candidates he was (like someone said) articulate, composed and brilliant.

I believe BRF has a sincere passion and interest in making things happen (good things) in this state. He has my vote come April 16th.
Re: Lagos State Governorship Debate On Stv by lekwas: 2:44pm On Mar 29, 2011
@ metrixauto, I don't think you watched the deputy governors debate, if you did you will not agree any less with the SAN that those women were most uninspiring. For me I would have been thoroughly disappointed if no one of them raised the question of whether the deputies were fit for the position of Governor.

That said, the lesson is for our women to polish up their acts, it is not enough to demand for 35% affirmative action when the women who get picked to fill those positions are nothing but charlatans and mere rubber stamp at best to mislead Nigerians into thinking that there is gender balance in government. For a medical doctor to be chosen by her party simply on the grounds of being a medical doctor shows the importance placed on the position they are vying for.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

INEC's Conditions For Opposition Parties’ Merger / Pictures Of Fasholas Son Covered In " Heat Rashes" / Local Boats Being Manufacture In Onitsha Anambra State-photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.