Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:26 AM

Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 - Car Talk (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 (59874 Views)

Acura ZDX Or Benz GLK / 2019 BMW X5 Unveiled (Photos And Details) / Driver Calls 911 While Going 100mph After His BMW X5's Throttle Gets Stuck (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by GidisFinest: 11:47am On Dec 30, 2020
It is problematic if not maintained properly. whether old or brand new. How you maintain your car must be as instructed by BMW.

Unfortunately a lot of BMW guys like to use cheap parts/alternatives after buying the cars.
400billionman:

It is problematic when it's old.

So get brand new.
Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by misterniyi: 12:25pm On Dec 30, 2020
Spaxon:
Hello. I dunno if I can get help. I don't really know the specs of these cars. But I believe we got people with great experience here. My Dad's retired and wants to get one of these and we are actually inexperienced with cars outside Toyota.

Advice:

Stick to your Toyota if you are inexperienced

None of these cars are good choices as far as Nigeria is concerned.

Acura and Honda are not any different - Not nearly as reliable as Toyota. I can guarantee you. I regard them as expensive pieces of junk. Yeah theyve got great engines......but beyond the engine.....everything else is garbage

BMW - If you are not buying it brand new, dont even think about it.

Stick to Toyota and be safe. Moreso your Dad is retiring.

Get a Lexus or a Prado.......Best Bet

1 Like

Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by Niell(m): 12:36pm On Dec 30, 2020
Japanese cars have been known their reliability. If at all I were to choose, I'd buy the 2010-2013 mdx which the zdx is based on. The zdx looks good but too expensive for a car that can only comfortably seat two adults. The back seat is only comfortable for children and rebellious monsters who are just starting to experience puberty. I think they're called teenagers. I dont even know what to say about the trunk.

The crosstour from the rear end looks like a bloated cow. Its basically the accords energetic chubby sister in heels. Even though the second generation pilot looks like it was designed by a brick layer's apprentice, that's what I'd rather buy.

If I had the financial audacity I'd buy the X5.
If you're gonna be doing a lot of traveling, meaning your gonna be doing a lot of off-roading because this is Nigeria, you're probably better off with the GX. The go anywhere capability puts the mind at rest even though its overpriced and way too... common.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by brownviki: 12:52pm On Dec 30, 2020
As foe me, Acura sports cars are the best for now. Acura these days looks very little like the Acura of old, a onetime maker of premium, sporty cars backed by Honda's reputation for engineering excellence.
Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by ak22(m): 1:02pm On Dec 30, 2020
Spaxon:

U no snap pishure

I just zoom my honda comot there joor

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by samwillyco1(m): 1:18pm On Dec 30, 2020
Spaxon:

Those Lexu's cars except for 570 n all are just not durable to me

I don't understand you because Lexus cars are very durable, my friends own is a year and eight months now without any fault, the only thing that takes him to mechanic is to change oil

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by Stallione(m): 1:18pm On Dec 30, 2020
Spaxon:

Lol dad wasn't a civil servant
lol but u just said retired shaa.
Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by HisMajesty1(m): 1:27pm On Dec 30, 2020
Atlas9:

Up to around 2003, BMWs were durable. Beyond then, they started loading the vehicles with technology, making twin turbocharged engines, incorporating plastics into engines, and consequently the average BMW rarely gets to 80k miles before developing faults that are seriously expensive, sometimes impossible, to repair.

Mercedes and BMW have reputations of reliability, but the modern ones, not so much.
You are better off buying them new and enjoying the new experience. When the problem stage comes, cut your losses. ( Benz is slightly more reliable than BMW, by the.way - the engines and transmissions are pretty bulletproof, but other things will be problematic).
Ok, Fair enough!
Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by Dukeolumidemans(m): 2:52pm On Dec 30, 2020
Spaxon:

Thanks for this.
Really appreciate

Ur welcome dear.
Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by tyup(m): 4:44pm On Dec 30, 2020
Odinaka00:

No bro I think cars re more expensive in Nigeria than in SA. Imagine à 2005 model of Camry being sold at 2mill...2005 model? For 2mill? Lol but on a more serious question do people still drive 2005 cars in Naija?

Don't even go there, my last visit to East Sussex I saw lotta 2003,4,5,6 cars moving round the city and no one questioned nobody why they had to drive such year's model. the truth is People buy what they can afford to drive and it's at all not different over here. Even this SA you're talking bout there are cars way lesser than 2005 on their roads in Gauteng, upington and other cities except you got an opposing opinion

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by Spaxon(f): 5:26pm On Dec 30, 2020
He's been on Prado most of his service years
misterniyi:

Advice:

Stick to your Toyota if you are inexperienced

None of these cars are good choices as far as Nigeria is concerned.

Acura and Honda are not any different - Not nearly as reliable as Toyota. I can guarantee you. I regard them as expensive pieces of junk. Yeah theyve got great engines......but beyond the engine.....everything else is garbage

BMW - If you are not buying it brand new, dont even think about it.

Stick to Toyota and be safe. Moreso your Dad is retiring.

Get a Lexus or a Prado.......Best Bet
Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by Spaxon(f): 5:28pm On Dec 30, 2020
Stallione:
lol but u just said retired shaa.
People retire from companies too. Even politics grin
Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by Odinaka00(m): 5:43pm On Dec 30, 2020
tyup:

Don't even go there, my last visit to East Sussex I saw lotta 2003,4,5,6 cars moving round the city and no one questioned nobody why they had to drive such year's model. the truth is People buy what they can afford to drive and it's at all not different over here. Even this SA you're talking bout there are cars way lesser than 2005 on their roads in Gauteng, upington and other cities except you got an opposing opinion

It’s possible there re 2005 model cars here in Gauteng but I’m yet to see them on the road unless in townships even in townships you still see some locals who live in one room but still drive new cars but the thing is that they pay monthly installement.

For example Toyota Corolla 2018 model is 300 rands brand new and 300k rand In Nigeria is about3.5mill
Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by meetgaya: 8:27pm On Dec 30, 2020
Tango123:

I dont know what there is to share really. One thing about me isnthat i buy cars that are very sound, with low mileage. I insist on less than 70k kilometres

I maintain my cars very well. So i really have never had any issues with my well maintained Hondas

I insist on only original parts when changing anything. Thanks to God i can afford it. For me, fake parts is false economy. It will break again, and u spend more. Luckily, i have a good mechanic that always buys original parts for me (of course, he always adds 2k on price of each item. But i dknt care because he uses his time to go buy parts).

Original honda parts are easily available

Love ur car and listen to it all the time. If u hear any strange noise, attend to it

So as i said, i really dont know what to share as i hve never had any problem with my Hondas. Its been all plain sailing, but i maintained them well.

you have said it all
Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by kennyflames(m): 8:35pm On Dec 30, 2020
onyechez:

You people should stop telling lies please.
Don't maintain your car, keep wailing.
avoid me
Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by Nobody: 9:11pm On Dec 30, 2020
kennyflames:

avoid me
You're nothing, you should not engage the public forum in the first place. Better you avoid it to have a peace of mind.
Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by misterniyi: 11:40pm On Dec 30, 2020
Spaxon:
He's been on Prado most of his service years

Then get a Lexus.

He doesn't need the headache....Trust me.

If he is bored with the Prado.......And he doesn't want a lexus......

Then he can take a risk with a G-Wagon......only that he would need to have someone with a very good pair of eyes and good knowledge. Mind you, DO NOT venture near any other benz. G-Wagon is the only Benz I can vouch for. The others......they are as bad as the BMW. Those Germans........I dont know what they smoke these days

A G-Wagon in very good condition is a far safer choice that a Honda or worst of all a BMW........As far as I am in Nigeria, if they dash me BMW.....na sell I dey sell am straight.

Buuuut........I would say stick with your Prado jejely
Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by misterniyi: 11:50pm On Dec 30, 2020
Tango123:

I dont know what there is to share really. One thing about me isnthat i buy cars that are very sound, with low mileage. I insist on less than 70k kilometres

I maintain my cars very well. So i really have never had any issues with my well maintained Hondas

I insist on only original parts when changing anything. Thanks to God i can afford it. For me, fake parts is false economy. It will break again, and u spend more. Luckily, i have a good mechanic that always buys original parts for me (of course, he always adds 2k on price of each item. But i dknt care because he uses his time to go buy parts).

Original honda parts are easily available

Love ur car and listen to it all the time. If u hear any strange noise, attend to it

So as i said, i really dont know what to share as i hve never had any problem with my Hondas. Its been all plain sailing, but i maintained them well.

Not very many Nigerians are as pain staking as the both of us. I can use whatever car that pleases me.

Its easy to say this, but the truth is some cars can handle abuse better than others. Which is why some cars are safer choices. Some will break if they are not handled properly.

For instance, one major problem Honda users have is wrong oil usage. You will be surprised that most people have no clue that oil comes in various grades and viscosities. That is the number one killer of Hondas in Nigeria.

I know 2 guys. They change their oils every 3 months. Insist on buying OEM parts even if they have to import it. Yet they consistently use the wrong grade of oil everytime. Ome see argument now. And then the cars start breaking.

So, it all boils down to usage and maintainance like you said. But as I said, some cars can take it better than others
Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by Flintstone06(m): 12:05am On Dec 31, 2020
ednut1:
my boy how are you. Send me your account number. Make i find you quick 2k

0029486446 access bank. Thank you xaddy
Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by Stallione(m): 12:56am On Dec 31, 2020
Spaxon:

People retire from companies too. Even politics grin
I dey look u with one eye closed shaa grin
Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by meetgaya: 1:43am On Dec 31, 2020
misterniyi:

Not very many Nigerians are as pain staking as the both of us. I can use whatever car that pleases me.

Its easy to say this, but the truth is some cars can handle abuse better than others. Which is why some cars are safer choices. Some will break if they are not handled properly.

For instance, one major problem Honda users have is wrong oil usage. You will be surprised that most people have no clue that oil comes in various grades and viscosities. That is the number one killer of Hondas in Nigeria.

I know 2 guys. They change their oils every 3 months. Insist on buying OEM parts even if they have to import it. Yet they consistently use the wrong grade of oil everytime. Ome see argument now. And then the cars start breaking.

So, it all boils down to usage and maintainance like you said. But as I said, some cars can take it better than others

every 3 months serving a car!!! Choi � even if it is woman that is driving that must have killed it. 3 months is to long to service a car. every month the best and 2 most at most
Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by misterniyi: 5:12am On Dec 31, 2020
meetgaya:

every 3 months serving a car!!! Choi � even if it is woman that is driving that must have killed it. 3 months is to long to service a car. every month the best and 2 most at most

Let me guess

You use Mobil 1 20w50
Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by Princelyon247(m): 6:10am On Dec 31, 2020
Zdx or nothing
Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by uchman(m): 8:05pm On Jan 02, 2021
mbhs139:

This depends on where you live.

In Canada, the difference is nothing compared.

Are we in Canada?
Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by Spaxon(f): 4:51am On Jan 03, 2021
uchman:

Are we in Canada?
grin
Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by Hondajosh: 12:16pm On Jan 03, 2021
Spaxon:

grin

I recommend the 2010-2015 model Honda Crosstour. It's reliable, luxurious, good fuel economy, affordable And available replacement parts.

If you eventually go for the 2010/2012 model I can upgrade it to the 2013/2015 model if you want the newer, fancy and sporty look of the 2015.

Cheers.
Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by muymacho: 4:17pm On Jan 03, 2021
Odinaka00:

It’s possible there re 2005 model cars here in Gauteng but I’m yet to see them on the road unless in townships even in townships you still see some locals who live in one room but still drive new cars but the thing is that they pay monthly installement.

For example Toyota Corolla 2018 model is 300 rands brand new and 300k rand In Nigeria is about3.5mill

300k Rand? undecided
So if I was to buy one over there, what is the possible cost for shipping?
Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by Odinaka00(m): 5:03pm On Jan 03, 2021
muymacho:

300k Rand? undecided
So if I was to buy one over there, what is the possible cost for shipping?

That I don’t know cuz I don’t ship cars to Nigeria, I and some other Nigerians were discussing the other time how cars re sold expensive in Nigeria, you ll see a used Toyota Camry 2005 going for 1.8mill naira that’s insane
Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by erico2k2(m): 10:38pm On Jan 03, 2021
Hondajosh:

I recommend the 2010-2015 model Honda Crosstour. It's reliable, luxurious, good fuel economy, affordable And available replacement parts.

If you eventually go for the 2010/2012 model I can upgrade it to the 2013/2015 model if you want the newer, fancy and sporty look of the 2015.

Cheers.
whats the Engine capacity for the 2010 cross?
Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by musa7m(m): 6:00pm On Jan 09, 2021
Spaxon:
Musa
You must be conversant with Honda as it's the official car of the North
Care to share?
meaning what ? If it's a joke ....stop am ... before e turn to another thing .... From trying to advise you ..e don dey turn into insult
Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by Spaxon(f): 6:51pm On Jan 09, 2021
musa7m:
meaning what ? If it's a joke ....stop am ... before e turn to another thing .... From trying to advise you ..e don dey turn into insult
I'm Sorry

1 Like

Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by meetgaya: 11:27pm On Jan 09, 2021
I hope by now you have taken your decision? when you finally bought your preferred car, kindly come and testify here by washing it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Godspower Michael, UNIUYO Student Creates A 'Speed Motorbike' (Photos) / The Peugeout 404 I Spotted At Maitama, Abuja / Lexus Rx 350 or Mercedes Benz GLK 350: Which Is Better?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.