Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,031 members, 7,818,046 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:54 AM

Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 - Car Talk (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 (59892 Views)

Acura ZDX Or Benz GLK / 2019 BMW X5 Unveiled (Photos And Details) / Driver Calls 911 While Going 100mph After His BMW X5's Throttle Gets Stuck (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by Spaxon(f): 1:44am On Dec 30, 2020
symbianDON:
stop this! Toyotas don't breakdown or what? no doubt, toyota makes good cars but that doesn't mean other manufacturers are thrash. FYI honda engines are more resilient than toyota engines so also their suspension. besides, the BMW X5 will stands far and above most Toyotas.
Yeah that's true. He needs a change from Toyota products
Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by Spaxon(f): 1:45am On Dec 30, 2020
RisenPhoenix1:
Forget about cheap. Retirement deserves comfort. Let your dad retire with the BMW. It is also the most durable if you have a qualified mechanic and service promptly. The others are for college students.
Lol @collegestudents

Do you know of any good mechanic for tht X5?
Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by Spaxon(f): 1:46am On Dec 30, 2020
matahor:
[color=#000099][/color]
I would advice you go for the BMW x5, preferably diesel. It doesn't break down only if not maintenance issues or you crash it. As a matter of fact that vehicle communicates to the driver in some type way if you understand. Damn that leather the back lights at night. I say no more
You either love the BMW or you're a huge fan

1 Like

Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by Spaxon(f): 1:47am On Dec 30, 2020
Tango123:

That was old model Hondas

U are referring to ball joint issues. It doesnt happen with recent Hondas
Wow thanks. I'm inexperienced with Honda cars
Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by Spaxon(f): 1:47am On Dec 30, 2020
slex:
Remove crosstour from that list.

Your dad should be senior citizen age.

BMW

OR ZDX.

He will. Enjoy those 2.
Have you na experience with any pls. Share ni biko
Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by Spaxon(f): 1:48am On Dec 30, 2020
Tango123:

Jesus... do u drive at all?

This comment is so wrong. I have owned and driven at least 3 Hondas. I still own one now
Share ur experience with me pls
Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by HisMajesty1(m): 1:49am On Dec 30, 2020
Spaxon:

Even in Lagos here
Are the parts hard to find?
Not hard per se, more like expensive for an average Nigerian to afford... With the look of things however, doesn't seem like that would be a problem to you.
Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by Spaxon(f): 1:51am On Dec 30, 2020
onyechez:

So that you will kidnap him. Lol
cheesy
Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by Spaxon(f): 1:51am On Dec 30, 2020
Jennycoolz:
Las Las your dad will still go for the one his money can buy
We reviewed all three of em. He just lacks experience with any of em
Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by PAQ(m): 1:52am On Dec 30, 2020
If your dad is on a budget, let him go for 2012- 2013 Crosstour, i believe the car got a refreshed bumper, engine and interior. It shares thesame reliability as a Honda Accord because they are similar. Its also good on gas.

If money is not an issue, then ZDX it is! Everything here is way luxurious, from comfort to ride quality but sadly it comes with high cost of maintenance. Its a much better car

As for the Beamer..... If ZDX was double of everything the Crosstour has to offer, it will be triple that!
Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by Spaxon(f): 1:52am On Dec 30, 2020
freenature:

With someone like your dad in Consideration, I believe that BMW x5 is best for him, its bold and speaks manly.
And also loves the Credit Card toocheesy
Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by Spaxon(f): 1:53am On Dec 30, 2020
Mikeparlo12:
Acura usually have transmission issue. Crosstaur is an amazing car... BMW and other German cars are usually expensive to maintain. Especially if the components are electrical. Best advice.. Do the Crosstaur
Thanks a million
Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by Spaxon(f): 1:53am On Dec 30, 2020
necktah:
And all you talking about Honda's axle n tires i been using a Honda fr the past 10 years n nothing like that has happened, go and learn how to maintain a car, no be only on n drive... service it more often
Pls are the Crosstour parts easy to find
Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by Spaxon(f): 1:54am On Dec 30, 2020
ChristineC:
without mincing words, tell him to reconsider his options.
DON'T BUY ANY OF THESE VEHICLES if he's resident in Nigeria... for his own sanity.

otherwise
1. BMW x5
2. ZDX
3. the big ass Honda Accord
Well. He'll seldom use them. Only when he's in for yelutide
Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by princemillla(m): 1:55am On Dec 30, 2020
Spaxon:

I heard And I've seen Honda card break down on roads with tires out.
Think they've got pivot issues or something

Not with cross tour that what I drive
Most stable Honda Mehn
Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by Spaxon(f): 1:55am On Dec 30, 2020
zudozz:
I believe u are insulting the BMW X5 with this comparison!
No sire.
My apologies

1 Like

Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by Spaxon(f): 1:56am On Dec 30, 2020
mdchikezie:

who has time to waste with you
so your brain could not decode the ALMOST i wrote there
Relax the tension grin
Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by Spaxon(f): 1:57am On Dec 30, 2020
Pharaoh4rin:
X5 BMW. You can spend a year or two without visiting a mechanic. People fear BMW from distance but the car is premium interns of durability.
very true
Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by Spaxon(f): 1:57am On Dec 30, 2020
osazsky:
Pls nobody is taking of price range i am getting one for my wife by april..does anyone know d cost of crosstour.average price
6m to 10m
muymacho:

Listen to this wise man, e get why...
But if you must choose from the the list then BMW x5 it is. Repair may be expensive but they are far in between.
You're a wise man too
Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by Spaxon(f): 1:59am On Dec 30, 2020
yashika:

You guys are very funny. I don’t know why people run away from very durable and luxury car and still affordable when it comes to fuel consumption and general maintenance. I have been using BMW X5 For more than 6 years, I have a sedan too, I don’t think I will use any other vehicle except a BMMER. Once you drive a BMMER you will never go back, to Japanese instead another German machine.
Share ur experience with me
Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by Spaxon(f): 2:00am On Dec 30, 2020
Unified07:
I'm surprise no one is talking about BMWX5 that car is reliable
Yunno its not a conventional car I guess
Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by Spaxon(f): 2:01am On Dec 30, 2020
Womanizer:

If your dad is really retired then he should be concerned with getting a car that is relatively cheap to maintain undecided
I think it's about his luxury.
Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by Spaxon(f): 2:02am On Dec 30, 2020
Wettoid123:
Honda cosstour is a write off in short I hate it more when I saw one yesterday the tire just pulled from the joint suddenly it was on motion all Honda cars have that problem,,acura zdx is a write off too is the senior brother of Honda the parts are expensive even if them tell u the price of its gearbox you go hail, pls just go for that BMW my staff use the same series it is more durable than the rest cars.
Would you please ask you staff for a. Quick review
Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by Spaxon(f): 2:03am On Dec 30, 2020
Roynuell:
They are all good cars.
What you should consider is the maintenance cost for each of them. The X5 is more expensive to maintain but it is also the most durable car on the list. ZDX is also a nice car but no second hand value and its cousin the cross tour is just below par...cos u are comparing it with the ZDX & X5.

But I will advice u go for a highlander. Easy to maintain, slightly cheaper parts and very very reliable.

One more thing, what model year are u looking at for any of them. Cos an old X5 is mos def a no no.
a new one would suffice
Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by Spaxon(f): 2:06am On Dec 30, 2020
InvertedHammer:

/
What's the difference between ZDX and Crosstour? They have the same parent company.
It is like comparing Lexus vs Toyota. If I were to advise him, I'd suggest Lexus/Toyota.

A retiree shouldn't touch BMW X5 especially the 4.8L or 4.4L engines. He shouldn't waste his retirement funds on expensive car repairs.

/
I don't think he'll be using retirement funds for maintenance
Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by Spaxon(f): 2:06am On Dec 30, 2020
nams77:

Thanks bro. The old man wan give himself bp and unnecessary attention, that is, if op is saying the truth.
I think I've been on NL for quite some years now.
Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by Spaxon(f): 2:07am On Dec 30, 2020
zivility:
If he really wants the BMW he should go for the rwd only model with the non turbo charged engine! That's how he can enjoy the bmw. Also the issue with BMW is over heating due to plastic parts breaking in the cooling system. Google YouTube for BMW maitainance advice
Thanks a million
Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by Spaxon(f): 2:08am On Dec 30, 2020
I really appreciate ur input. Thanks a million
grandee4u:
These 3 SUV are amazing but if I'm to recommend, I'll advise you go for the Honda Crosstour. This is because

*It's the most fuel efficient car amongst all three of em

*It's body and engine parts/components are easy to find, less expensive and it's an easy car to maintain, amongst other reasons.

Nevertheless, if you're someone that just needs a car undermining it maintenance cost or any other related cost...you actually need the bmw X5. The X5 isn't a fuel efficient car but it's a high performance car and high performance in a car is accompanied with a tougher/stiffer suspension, multiple driving modes, a possible RWD 4WD or AWD systems, superb traction control, four wheel braking system and also increased safety features.
Note: BMW parts with it's engine main and peripheral components aren't too scarce though but it isn't like the Honda parts that can be found in almost all spareparts market, showroom or store. So the choice is yours between high fuel efficiency, low maintenance cost Vs low fuel efficiency(because the X5 is an all wheel drive car AWD), high performance engine and extra safety.
Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by Spaxon(f): 2:09am On Dec 30, 2020
Bullman:

I will never be broke in my life
Amen to your prayers and God Bless your Hustle

1 Like

Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by Spaxon(f): 2:09am On Dec 30, 2020
tyup:

1.5m max
RX 350………?
Fear God na
Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by Spaxon(f): 2:10am On Dec 30, 2020
Tillatalk:
This post is not for me let me move on
How much is ur problem.... Talk to me

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

The Peugeout 404 I Spotted At Maitama, Abuja / Lexus Rx 350 or Mercedes Benz GLK 350: Which Is Better? / Container Falls Off Ojuelegba Bridge, Lands On Danfo Bus [PHOTOS]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.