Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,612 members, 7,813,004 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:30 AM

Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 - Car Talk (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 (59819 Views)

Acura ZDX Or Benz GLK / 2019 BMW X5 Unveiled (Photos And Details) / Driver Calls 911 While Going 100mph After His BMW X5's Throttle Gets Stuck (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by Exponental(m): 2:12am On Dec 30, 2020
Cross tour is a NO for me. I don't know about others but seeing 2 accidental Crosstours when it just started coming into the country got me pissed off. He should think Benz or Volvo if he wants an uncommon luxury.
Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by Spaxon(f): 2:13am On Dec 30, 2020
unmask:
if your dad is retired let him enjoy the latter part of his life. Get a BMW. I use one and I can tell you that he won't have a better driving experience. And yes I have driven the others. As long as he keeps to the maintenance regime, the BMW is what he should get
Thanks I do appreciate...
Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by Spaxon(f): 2:14am On Dec 30, 2020
You're a good man.
femarse:
so the OP was here for advice on 3 different cars
the OP mention that the only experience the pop man got is on Toyota
so it's clear the pop man in his heold age want to taste something flashy and different from a Toyota

what did Toyota fans did ?

they all advice OP pop man to go back and buy Toyota ...as in the OP pop man must drive Toyota till death do him and life apart

why is stupidity not far from Toyota fans ? with the way they all condemn Honda
you will think you can't see Toyota in mechanic workshop.....but go take a look , they constitutes 75% of cars in mechanic workshop, don't argue , just go to any workshop, snap it comprehensively in one shoot , let's do the car comparison there
Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by Spaxon(f): 2:15am On Dec 30, 2020
ak22:

Don't mind them . I saw one Benz today that pull leg
U no snap pishure
Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by Spaxon(f): 2:15am On Dec 30, 2020
Saig:
for maintenance purpose, you may go for Honda but Honda is for women. As a man I can't just carry my money to buy Honda...too womanish
Depends on the Honda o
Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by Spaxon(f): 2:16am On Dec 30, 2020
miketayo:
All cars are feminine, y not highlander or any honda SUV
BMW ain't feminine o
Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by Spaxon(f): 2:17am On Dec 30, 2020
NkanAkpanika:
Go for ZDX and correctly driving that bitch.. Its parts are available and it's shares every thing with Honda pilot
Shebi you're in Uyo. Afo asi Deb mmor spare parts
Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by Spaxon(f): 2:19am On Dec 30, 2020
friendl:
You better just quietly buy the cross tour ,....
Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by Spaxon(f): 2:20am On Dec 30, 2020
Tango123:

Sorry bro. I never said u are fraudulent. Not at all. If anything in what i said suggests that, i am sorry

I was only sayimg that sellers woild advertise what they have. That is not to say that what they are advertising is bad or fraudulent. Not at all

As u said, the op no be children. Op should make ur his or her mind

well said
Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by Spaxon(f): 2:21am On Dec 30, 2020
eagleonearth:
ZDX is a no no. Maintenance is something else as the spare parts are extremely costly. X5 is just another German machine. I can't really give an accurate detail about fuel consumption and all but it's sure not a favourite. Crosstour is the best choice among the three as fuel consumption and maintenance is pocket friendly. Also when placed side by side, it's the cheapest.

Summary is your Dad deserves more than spending his sweat on what will quickly drain his pocket and take his time in terms of maintenance. If you're in Lagos I can get you a clean tokunbo crosstour.
Yes we're in Lagos
Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by Spaxon(f): 2:21am On Dec 30, 2020
Umueme:
BMW X5. Strongest car I've ever used. Withstood a very terrible accident and couldn't be used again. Its parts are cheap (compared to X6 and X7). Buy foreign used and not Nigerian used for best experience. ciao
That's great . Thanks i appreciate

1 Like

Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by Spaxon(f): 2:23am On Dec 30, 2020
[quote author=darigho post=97540049][/quote]

Talk more on this car pls
Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by Spaxon(f): 2:23am On Dec 30, 2020
Guest911:

Tell your dad to get a 4runner 2010. He will enjoy his retirement stress-free.
[img]https://www.toyota-4runner.org/attachments/5th-gen-t4rs/90958d1371012018-best-looking-black-wheels-2010-4runner-image-jpg[/img]
He's done with Toyota's
Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by Spaxon(f): 2:24am On Dec 30, 2020
adanny01:

I am more disappointed at your comment than all the Honda critique's before you.

It is only a woman who was a virgin on her wedding day that will insist her husband has the biggest prick.

Her crime is ignorance.
You must be a titled chief
Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by Spaxon(f): 2:24am On Dec 30, 2020
Stallione:
are u sure ur dad is not one of those thieves we dey look for in civil service.A retired civil servant Vs acura,Bmw and crostour,hmmm!!!
Lol dad wasn't a civil servant
Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by Spaxon(f): 2:25am On Dec 30, 2020
4lorunsho:

I love your profile picture, do you worship at Living Faith
Thank you
Yes I do

1 Like

Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by Spaxon(f): 2:26am On Dec 30, 2020
erico2k2:

dunno why anyone will co.pare honda and BMW father of autos lol
Me I don't have experience na cheesy
Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by Spaxon(f): 2:27am On Dec 30, 2020
Thanks. He's not getting a Toyota again.
Bmw maybe
Wealthoptulent:

For him to retire well, save his pension and be safe from mech chops at old age i write off the 3 cars. Am a bmw chronic user, used 3 toyota n still ran back to BMW, why i understand it well so used to its issues but for an old man who wants old age peace bmw is off it, he doesnt neeed speed or its balance n ruggedly fitness now.

For zdx expenses fr maintenance on high side, good n quality auto electrical expert needed around, its a car u scan before working on it.

Cross tour is jus uncalled for for him, its hands [pivot issues, rack] also the engine is expensive to replace.

Instead of the anychoice of the 3 he can get a camry & corolla 2005 at same time or lexus es350 and corolla at same time. The corolla support is to maintain any big luxury car he get along with the corolla. The Corolla for runnning round except you have that in compound before now. Thank me later��
Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by Ordinarybob: 2:40am On Dec 30, 2020
Nna carry BMWX5 that car is super cool
Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by eagleonearth(m): 2:42am On Dec 30, 2020
Spaxon:

Yes we're in Lagos
check my signature, let's set it rolling. I'm only assuming your Dad has a strong will to pick a car only within the three mentioned.
Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by lordswill03: 3:08am On Dec 30, 2020
Ever thought of Venza and RX350 2012 model? Both are cheaper when it comes to maintenance than any those other three above

1 Like

Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by AFONJACOW(m): 5:26am On Dec 30, 2020
Tell him to get Lamborghini or Ferrari, he must be one of these yam eaters in civil service,
Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by AFONJACOW(m): 5:27am On Dec 30, 2020
Tell him to get Lamborghini or Ferrari, he must be one of these yam eaters in civil service
Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by InvertedHammer: 5:31am On Dec 30, 2020
Spaxon:

I don't think he'll be using retirement funds for maintenance
/
Apparently you can't read between the lines.

/
Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by lonelydora: 5:34am On Dec 30, 2020
Spaxon:

Thanks for the info. Do u have an experience with the ZDX

On the aforementioned cars, your dad as a retiree should go for the Honda Crosstour. Run away from ZDX even though it's similar to Crosstour.

If your dad is well to do as a retiree, he should go for the X5 which is better than all of them.

By the way, did you consider some Lexus products?
Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by Tillatalk: 6:17am On Dec 30, 2020
Spaxon:

How much is ur problem.... Talk to me
if you can teach me how to catch fish all my problems are solved dear
Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by Nobody: 6:26am On Dec 30, 2020
Spaxon:

Lol @collegestudents

Do you know of any good mechanic for tht X5?

It depends on your location. The authorized dealer would probably have a list of recommended mechanics. You could start from there.
Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by nams77: 6:59am On Dec 30, 2020
Spaxon:

Wow that's great.
Thanks.
Will chop this in
Pls do. For his peace of mind. grin A man needs peace above every other thing at this stage.

If you need more info on those rides, I will be willing to share and there are other very competent experts here too that can help you with the purchase. I can mention two I trust.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by Nobody: 7:12am On Dec 30, 2020
HisMajesty1:

You are probably the first human on earth to ever say this. Only extremely few cars on earth are as durable as BMW's. Little wonder, my dad's 3 series of over 20 years is still intact till this day... What about speed and performance? Beamer got it... I don't know your BMW experience, but Beamer is King!!!

Up to around 2003, BMWs were durable. Beyond then, they started loading the vehicles with technology, making twin turbocharged engines, incorporating plastics into engines, and consequently the average BMW rarely gets to 80k miles before developing faults that are seriously expensive, sometimes impossible, to repair.

Mercedes and BMW have reputations of reliability, but the modern ones, not so much.
You are better off buying them new and enjoying the new experience. When the problem stage comes, cut your losses. ( Benz is slightly more reliable than BMW, by the.way - the engines and transmissions are pretty bulletproof, but other things will be problematic).

2 Likes

Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by Jennycoolz(f): 7:15am On Dec 30, 2020
Spaxon:

We reviewed all three of em. He just lacks experience with any of em

For me I'll go for BMW anytime anyday
Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by kingreign(m): 7:17am On Dec 30, 2020
Spaxon:

Wow that's great.
Thanks.
Will chop this in

For peace of mind of that elderly man, get him something simple, functional and reliable.

A Lexus RX350 covers these basics and still goes on to be plush and comfortable.

2 Likes

Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by kingreign(m): 7:18am On Dec 30, 2020
Spaxon:

Shebi you're in Uyo. Afo asi Deb mmor spare parts
Uyo spare parts or mechanic village no be am. They don't have parts for newer vehicles.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Lexus Rx 350 or Mercedes Benz GLK 350: Which Is Better? / Godspower Michael, UNIUYO Student Creates A 'Speed Motorbike' (Photos) / The Peugeout 404 I Spotted At Maitama, Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.