Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,976 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:59 AM

Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 - Car Talk (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 (59885 Views)

Acura ZDX Or Benz GLK / 2019 BMW X5 Unveiled (Photos And Details) / Driver Calls 911 While Going 100mph After His BMW X5's Throttle Gets Stuck (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by Spaxon(f): 1:12am On Dec 30, 2020
kennyflames:

yeap thats the main Honda's fault and na why i run from Honda

anytime you see a honda vehicle breakdown
na the Axle go be the fault
And it's so rampant. Hope Honda fixes that
Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by Spaxon(f): 1:13am On Dec 30, 2020
GhostWisperer:
na God go punish any blogger or op when put BMW and Honda in one sentence of comparison.
Well I don't have experience with any of these cars. Have you any?
Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by Spaxon(f): 1:13am On Dec 30, 2020
explosiveskull:

What he told you is the gospel truth.
Run from that zdx and bmw.
So you'd recommend the cross tour?
Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by Spaxon(f): 1:15am On Dec 30, 2020
Enyimbamercedes:

There is nothing wrong with the Crosstour! I drive a 2012 Crosstour with 92k Km on it and not a single issue! Regular oil change at 5000km using only recommended oils, transmission and differential fluid changes... never been to a workshop for any serious mechanical issue... so can you tell me why
Wow. This is a great experience. No axle issues of any kind?
Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by Spaxon(f): 1:15am On Dec 30, 2020
caprini1:
Still go for a Toyota ,the three cars are useless,they will fail you without any sign.
Dad's tired of em. It's not really my option
Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by Spaxon(f): 1:16am On Dec 30, 2020
400billionman:
Acura and Honda will give you peace of mind.

Go for BMW in mint condition.
Have you any experience with the BMW you'd love to share?
Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by Spaxon(f): 1:18am On Dec 30, 2020
caprini1:
Still go for a Toyota ,the three cars are useless,they will fail you without any sign....Tell your dad to go for an affordable 2016 Toyota Avalon...thats a private jet on wheels.
U mean this?
Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by Spaxon(f): 1:18am On Dec 30, 2020
caprini1:
Still go for a Toyota ,the three cars are useless,they will fail you without any sign....Tell your dad to go for an affordable 2016 Toyota Avalon...thats a private jet on wheels.
U mean this?

Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by Spaxon(f): 1:19am On Dec 30, 2020
samwillyco1:
Advice him to go for Lexus
Those Lexu's cars except for 570 n all are just not durable to me
Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by Spaxon(f): 1:20am On Dec 30, 2020
Plut01:

If you can come here to get opinion then you should be able to convince your Dad that BMW nah Chief of electric problem, that ZMD spare part is scarce and expensive and that the Cross Tour takes no 1 spot for axle problem.

Convince your Dad to look Lexus

I so much appreciate this
But yunno the Lexus besides the 570
And E series.
They don't really look durable to me
Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by Spaxon(f): 1:21am On Dec 30, 2020
44Bulldog:
Actually the BMW is the best among them but when ein wahala start....na u go run, not all mechanic can handle them too (they'll damage it the more). Since ur popsy na partially old man, I won't advice him to go for it

ZDX is good but kind of more expensive and slightly scarce body parts (depending on ur location)

Let him go for crosstour; easier to maintain compared to the remaining two, spare parts are readily available, most mechanic can handle them

To me... Lexus Rx350 would be better (luxury, handling, maintenance, ruggedity)

My 50cent undecided

Where are those "Benz or nothing crew".... I'm afraid they'll hijack this thread
lol they ain't gon hijack the thread.
Thanks tho
Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by Spaxon(f): 1:22am On Dec 30, 2020
HisMajesty1:
Of the three, the BMW is the most durable, but it's parts are expensive. BMW on a normal day should not be put in the category of those cars, they are inferior to it.
Even in Lagos here
Are the parts hard to find?
Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by Spaxon(f): 1:23am On Dec 30, 2020
meetgaya:

I have stayed with Honda Accord for nine years without any issues. what Honda Accord needs is good maintenance and honest mechanic
Besides normal changing of oil n all that. Any Serious challenges u faced?
Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by Spaxon(f): 1:24am On Dec 30, 2020
jaxxy:

Why not a highlander 2011??

Bt from ur listed options I will say crosstour or Zdx. The price ranges are also different. Zdx being more expensive well depending on the year we are comparing.

Is he bored of toyota suvs?
He's used them as official cars almost all his life.
Especially the Prado and Land cruiser.
I guess he needs a change
Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by Spaxon(f): 1:25am On Dec 30, 2020
DelTel:

The ZDX is beautiful but far expensive to purchase and maintenance cost high as well.
The Crosstour is equally beautiful but not as much as the ZDX.
The BMW is not as beautiful.

Meanwhile, I would advise a Toyota 4runner thou.

Thanks.
That 4runner is a heavy car. He doesn't like those
Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by Spaxon(f): 1:26am On Dec 30, 2020
leisuretym:

All those cars you listed up there are not rugged, they can not stand the test of time, I repeat they are only flashy cars..
It is better for you to get a Toyota highlander, even if its an old model , you will enjoy it for many years but those ones you listed up there will be giving you unresolved able problems in the next 2 or 3 years and no good resale value on them compare to any Toyota
He's not using the cars often . Only when he's in the country. Itl still be in good condition that way. He's used Toyota's all his life
Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by Spaxon(f): 1:27am On Dec 30, 2020
KaluwisxPRO:
ZDX Has been discontinued. Crosstour is his best bet as a former user. Cost wise, you will basically be caring for a regular Nigerian car. Parts are also readily available. You get everything from free space inside to a large trunk. Total service station will do just fine with your regular oil changes and wheel works. Never had any engine problems for over 2years usage.
Did you get a Brand New one or Tokumbo.?
No axle problems?
Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by Spaxon(f): 1:28am On Dec 30, 2020
ostechno:

My dad used to say "Honda man yawo" in Yoruba
In English it means Honda breaks down alot
That's absolutely right
Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by Spaxon(f): 1:31am On Dec 30, 2020
mrprolifik:
You can make a decision after reading this.
https://www.motorauthority.com/news/1045666_review-acura-zdx-and-honda-accord-crosstour
Thanks so much I read it all.
The cross tour should be better then
Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by Spaxon(f): 1:32am On Dec 30, 2020
nams77:
Well if what you are saying is true, then tell your pops man to cancel his list.
.those cars are not for men going into retirement...they are for young folks who can give the necessary attention
Tell him to get the following

lexus Es330, or lexus Es 350.
Plush, luxurious,powerful and reliable. The ES 330 gots a superb ground clearance and will work well with bad roads.

For SuV he should go for the highlander and forerunners.

I am a Benz man myself so I can also squeeze in the E350 sedan. Luxury on wheel
Wow that's great.
Thanks.
Will chop this in
Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by Spaxon(f): 1:33am On Dec 30, 2020
pretyval:
As a car dealer, I'd advice you get your Dad a Highlander.... But if you want to choose from these options you stated, please go with the BMW.... Contact me on 08137588770 let's talk more.
He's tired of Toyota .
Not like they aren't good. He's used them for so long
Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by Spaxon(f): 1:34am On Dec 30, 2020
Dukeolumidemans:
If ur dad has cash, he should go for BMW. It's in a class of its own and the parts last a long time just like Mercedes Benz, Volvo and Range Rover. It will never leave u stranded on the road, even if it's faulty.

ZDX and Cross Tour are both nice SUVs but the last of my mention is cheapest to maintain.

Once he buys the BMW, he might never change brand again...trust me.

Lastly he should stick to a good standard mechanic and he will enjoy that ride for years to come..
Thanks for this.
Really appreciate
Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by Spaxon(f): 1:35am On Dec 30, 2020
Depressed101:
have you considered Toyota rav 4
.very cool car
Pops ain't getting a Toyota no more.
Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by Spaxon(f): 1:35am On Dec 30, 2020
nettpen:
The crosstour is more economical. BMW & Accura are very expensive to maintain with very few auto repairers that are reliable. Go for the Crosstour.
I appreciate ur response
duality:
Any car that you can't drive from Lagos to sokoto and back without so much wear, is not a strong car.

All these over expensive cars are not strong.
Old man won't be travelling that far ni. It's just a Lagos something
Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by Spaxon(f): 1:37am On Dec 30, 2020
lapazi:

These cars are luxury cars, I’m surprised no one is talking abt the BMW. That’s a super car and the rest on your list don’t measure!

So if it’s value for money you want and the prestige that comes with it, go for the BMW.

ZDX is an Acura brand, the luxury arm of Honda. Just as Lexus is to Toyota. Definitely a wayyy better ride than the crosstour, but of course you can’t compare to a German machine!

Crosstour is a failed attempt by Honda to mimic the successful Toyota brand called Venza. A mid-range high performance vehicle that appears to look like an accord made out with a Pilot lol. Trust me the interior is same as that of accord 012 above. If you’ve driven such car before you’ll definitely hate this Crosstour. In short I doubt that it’s still in production. Accord parts fit it well that’s why pple will say it’s parts are cheap.

Summary: if you popcy hold side well o, get the BMW
If your popcy still hold him rep go for ZDX.
Ditch the crosstour idea.

As for those saying Honda dey pull leg, I have used honda from 86 model, halla, bulldog, baby boy, all the versions of accord from 03 to 14. Currently on 14. I have never for once had such experience. It’s just bad drivers with poor maintenance culture that experience such.
You're very experienced. I appreciate that. Thank you for ur input
Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by Spaxon(f): 1:38am On Dec 30, 2020
Exumal:

That's how I heard from a driver the absorbers cost #750k per one (I don't know if it's with importation dues) back then in 2015.
Thanks for that
Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by Spaxon(f): 1:38am On Dec 30, 2020
GidisFinest:
I agree, However, considering his Dad is old and looking for a Jeep, If he is not buying a brand new BMW, I will ask him to stick with the other 2.
BMWs can be annoying for people who are not finicky about the state of their cars.

He'll be getting a brand new of either of them. So a BMW is great right?
Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by Spaxon(f): 1:40am On Dec 30, 2020
yusufu16:

That ZDX is a very expensive car too maintain. My boss spent close to N3m to repair and change the dashboard and bumper after I minor accident.
And it's parts I learnt aren't available
Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by Spaxon(f): 1:40am On Dec 30, 2020
sacajawea:

Did they tell you that money is their Problem?
Lol it's good to have a car that won't make you use ur credit card every month for repairs yunno
Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by Spaxon(f): 1:42am On Dec 30, 2020
musa7m:
Stay away from anything Honda
Musa
You must be conversant with Honda as it's the official car of the North
Care to share?
Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by Spaxon(f): 1:44am On Dec 30, 2020
farady:

@OP, the above is the most sensible comment I've read. For a man going into retirement, non of the cars on his list fits.
He has time to give the vehicle attention. Besides it's just gon be at home while he's use it when he's in the country

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

The Peugeout 404 I Spotted At Maitama, Abuja / Lexus Rx 350 or Mercedes Benz GLK 350: Which Is Better? / Container Falls Off Ojuelegba Bridge, Lands On Danfo Bus [PHOTOS]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.