Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,583 members, 7,812,905 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:57 PM

The Misguided Hate On Nigerian Rich Kids - Opinion - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / The Misguided Hate On Nigerian Rich Kids - Opinion (42922 Views)

Dabota Lawson: "Razz Men Are Better Spenders Than Rich Kids" - Ex Beauty Queen / BBNaija: Why All The Hate On Tacha? / Rich Kids Of Miami (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Misguided Hate On Nigerian Rich Kids - Opinion by Seankay323: 2:16pm On Dec 30, 2020
AlphaAlex:
If we all want to be truthful the so called rich kids with wealthy parents know their parents have a hand in Nigeria’s poor state one way or another, nothing happens by mistake if they hate them it’s cause nature is passing the resentment that should have gone to their parents to them. I

Another Thing No Rich person in this country of ours got rich without some form of Compromise prove me wrong I’ll wait.
so those their parents worked for those oil companies wey dey pay millions in salary are not rich?

1 Like

Re: The Misguided Hate On Nigerian Rich Kids - Opinion by GOVERNMENT2: 2:17pm On Dec 30, 2020
Omihanifa:

It's not everything on should show to the public sir undecided when last did you see a Wizkid buy a car and be videoing how they are transporting it to his house ?

I know he's into entertainment but he still needs to apply sense cuz this is Africa
HOW ABOUT HIS GUCCI WEARS ET AL MUST HE SHOW AUTOMOBILES BEFORE HE WILL BE RATED AS A CELEBRITY undecided HOW ABOUT DADDY FREEZE THAT ALWAYS SHOW US 1 MILLION NAIRA WRIST WATCHES
Re: The Misguided Hate On Nigerian Rich Kids - Opinion by Raalsalghul: 2:19pm On Dec 30, 2020
olisaEze:
Guyman, people are not pissed at rich kids, they’re frustrated at the system!

Take a walk around and see 1st class graduates hawking to survive or working at mundane jobs while 3rd class children of the rich are well on their way to heading lucrative agencies and parastatals through a quiet word from one of daddy’s lackeys.

Why do you think the easiest way to dent a politician's image in Nigeria today is through his/her certificate?

The anger is not against any of those names up there but against a system that exalts mediocrity and treats merit to social distancing.

Nigeria is not India, we will not allow these politicians and their cohorts bring the caste system up North down South!

Your comment is spot on!

2 Likes

Re: The Misguided Hate On Nigerian Rich Kids - Opinion by ednut1(m): 2:20pm On Dec 30, 2020
Sins of the fathers things. None of them made money cleanly
Re: The Misguided Hate On Nigerian Rich Kids - Opinion by Raalsalghul: 2:21pm On Dec 30, 2020
Jirehz:
It is not just Nigeria but the world today!
People hate to see you better than they are.
Their was talk about few years ago that Drake shouldn’t rap about the streets because he’s not really from the streets. But he’s been winning awards and bigger than most people who claim to come from the streets!

I even believe the Nigerian situation is better.
Most of the kids from wealthy families have one time or the other involved in governance and have stolen huge amounts of money.
Have you seen anyone call out Innoson’s children? Or kids whose fathers we all know their sources of income?

Davido- Adeleke family
Dj Cuppy- Otedola family
Etc
These families stole our money and built up all the wealth you are talking about from our collective wealth and subjected our people to poverty.

I’m not trying to make a case for HATE, but cut our people some slack abeg

You can call me a hater.
I just like to see things from another point of view!

You're not a hater.

1 Like

Re: The Misguided Hate On Nigerian Rich Kids - Opinion by Raalsalghul: 2:23pm On Dec 30, 2020
realokopi:

Just a little argument and you will be mentioning f*ck up and down!!! Stop giving people the impression that you're one sex-starved feminist who derives orgasm by opening mouth "waaaaaaaaaa" at any given opportunity.

This is funny!

2 Likes

Re: The Misguided Hate On Nigerian Rich Kids - Opinion by pocohantas(f): 2:25pm On Dec 30, 2020
HellVictorinho:

I am not jealous of anybody.
But nobody should downplay or/and undermine the relevance of luck.
In other words, it's impossible to show that you have a greater talent except by chance.
Everyone is born with the need of care or/and the quality of care that he or she gets during infancy to adolescence determines how likely it is for him or her to show a superior talent.

Your post alone shows you are a sensible person, but you need to visit Cuppy’s page and see your fellow Nigerians. I am not Davido’s fan, I am TeamBurna, but I sometimes marvel at how people undermine his work. Dude is hardworking, he could be childish at times- but it takes nothing off his craft.

Did he have leverage? Yes he did. It is his luck and I won’t spend my energy trolling him over it. Na mental problem be that.

Donspicey:

Even if ur husband bought Chicken for you they will still complain like say dem go folo u chop am....
Nothing u fit do to please world people......
You get money,Problem........
You no get,Problem.........
You do give away problem.......
You dey ur dey Problem.......
I fear who no fear world people.......

Don’t even try to please them, e fit lead to untimely death. cheesy

jaxxy:

Pls don’t blame them. Nigerians are highly oppressed people. A Nigerian who grew up in Nigeria can survive anywhere in the world. He has been oppressed almost from the womb it is a devastating thing. Then if they are unlucky and have to join the rat race that’s struggle and oppression (Times)X2, if as a man his gf acts funny that’s struggle and oppression X3.

The jealous, envy and hate are not conscious or intentional. It’s more of a crude adaptation to survival.

Lol. You are right, but don’t add witchcraft to your poverty na. Be happy for others abeg.
Re: The Misguided Hate On Nigerian Rich Kids - Opinion by djon78(m): 2:27pm On Dec 30, 2020
Mitsurugi:
We live in dangerous times and there is a modesty that is most prudent. While I was at the university the daughter of a serving governor ate in the same wooden shack buka with us despite deluxe eateries around. I can tell you she was the most respected person we knew in the faculty, well loved. (We also knew her DSS guard who also attended classes with her, she obviously read him orders never to harass peops). She donated towards parties and picnics. The girl humble die. Rich kids don't help themselves with the need to brashly show off. Yes, the money is yours but why paint a bullseye on yourself for other frustrated peops to execute target practice. We live in dangerous times! undecided

Exactly
Most times this rich kids are just arrogant

Although Davido OBO is somewhat different
But many rich kids most especially those we know the history of there father's wealth by hanging around government in power are target practice

But those rich kids we know there parents worked for there money through legitimate hustles are respected

2 Likes

Re: The Misguided Hate On Nigerian Rich Kids - Opinion by livinbygrace: 2:27pm On Dec 30, 2020
Because most of them,the source of their parent money is not clean.
Re: The Misguided Hate On Nigerian Rich Kids - Opinion by lkillbrokehoes: 2:28pm On Dec 30, 2020
Jennycoolz:
[s]No hates no insults , but OP I have a simple question which needs a simple answer

Q: what can davido buy for himself that burnaboy can't also buy for himself now what jealousy are you talking about sir ?[/s]
Trash as usual
Re: The Misguided Hate On Nigerian Rich Kids - Opinion by Angelfrost(m): 2:28pm On Dec 30, 2020
The issue is beyond wealth (monetary wealth)...

People in this class or group are largely the miserable and low self esteem individuals... Cos there are non wealthy people who are happy, and wish rich people nothing but goodwill.

These same people will likely still be bitter even if they happened upon wealth or increase... Bitterness is a disease; a terrible character flaw entrenched in ignorance.

Ignorance in the sense that being bitter at people who have no direct or even indirect hand in impoverishing or making them miserable is beyond stupidity!!!

I can understand hating on children or descendants of corrupt and greedy politicians (won't bother with examples), but people should be smart enough to differentiate between the legit rich and crooked ones; and also realize that rich kids (even from corrupt parents) shouldn't be made to carry their parents' crosses.

In all, it is largely the worsening state of the nation's economy... Things are getting worse. People who were financially comfortable have now become poor. It is quite a lot to ask that they don't hate on the few wealthy among them.
Re: The Misguided Hate On Nigerian Rich Kids - Opinion by Gabe427: 2:35pm On Dec 30, 2020
pocohantas:

I have said it before and I will say it again- whoever is fcking you better use protection. Your low IQ can easily pass for an STD and I fear for whoever contracts it.

I literally shouted Jesus getting to this part
hanty be chilling ooo ah!!!
Re: The Misguided Hate On Nigerian Rich Kids - Opinion by Agbegbaorogboye: 2:39pm On Dec 30, 2020
HitlerGaddafi:

No it was better I didn't wash my mates cloths and rather starve to death instead .

You're part of what the OP is talking about. Nigerians have a fvcked up mentality and na Yoruba people dey carry such mentality pass.
You mean the op is asking us to kowtow and lick ass so we can eat crumbs and be friends with the rich?
That's baloney
Re: The Misguided Hate On Nigerian Rich Kids - Opinion by Nobody: 2:39pm On Dec 30, 2020
Raalsalghul:

You're not a hater.
But that doesn't mean Drake should talk about the streets.
Also,there are people from the streets(like Lil Wayne)with better lyrics.
Re: The Misguided Hate On Nigerian Rich Kids - Opinion by SAMBARRY: 2:41pm On Dec 30, 2020
AlphaAlex:
If we all want to be truthful the so called rich kids with wealthy parents know their parents have a hand in Nigeria’s poor state one way or another, nothing happens by mistake if they hate them it’s cause nature is passing the resentment that should have gone to their parents to them.

Another Thing No Rich person in this country of ours got rich without some form of Compromise prove me wrong I’ll wait.
I will prove you wrong

In the 80s and 90s when honesty and hard-work paid, people worked hard and built their wealth over the years and used that same wealth to expand their horizon for example senior officials, in the banking sector,pastor's, senior naval officers and professors EARNED. Their money without compromise or stealing/defrauding anybody.its in the late 90s and early 2000s when things went south that people started having this warped mentality that the only way to make it in life is through stealing, cheating and defrauding people and they'll even justify it with "ti aye enikan kobabaje,telomi oleda" translation-if you don't destroy someone's life, your own cannot be better

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The Misguided Hate On Nigerian Rich Kids - Opinion by Angelfrost(m): 2:42pm On Dec 30, 2020
XXXXTENTACION:
Hatred will not kill some people aswear.

since their fathers are not rich they decide to hate people whose fathers are rich and wealthy. angry

why not hustle and workhard for yourself instead of hating on people who are ten times better than you.

Hatred is bad... I agree with a lot of your points.

However, your last statement is kinda shallow (no disrespect sir).

Hustling and working hard is great, but not everyone will get rich through that whether legit or unlawful. Matter of fact, only few, tiny few, will become wealthy by "hustling"!!! Fact!

Besides, not every wealthy person hustled or worked hard as you might think... If there was truly a blueprint to becoming insanely wealthy, then why are there not more billionaires?!! Why are Nigerians so poor with all the hustling and hard work?!! How many people world over work as hard as an average Nigerian?!!...

What's my point here?!! Simple... The way forward is to teach people, especially young people, contentment and fulfilment. That is the way forward out of hate against those they perceive to be "better", not asking them to go work harder, as if they are lazy or unfortunate...

Finally, we need to stop measuring success using money as a sole yardstick. It is stupid and backward. It is also why there was a need for Op to create this thread in the first place. Cheers!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Misguided Hate On Nigerian Rich Kids - Opinion by Karlifate: 2:43pm On Dec 30, 2020
Freemansonry, you make sense.

1 Like

Re: The Misguided Hate On Nigerian Rich Kids - Opinion by idu1(m): 2:45pm On Dec 30, 2020
pocohantas:
Not just rich people, but happy people or anyone that looks like he or she is not struggling.

This is not about Davido, but a trend I have observed- online and offline.

Yea. You are right. The hatred is an african thing. I'm from one of the states in the north central. There is this family in my community. They used to be poor and miserable. From the story our grandfather used to tell us. Me i grew up to meet them in wealth and power. could you believe village people still dey insult them about how their fathers use to be poor despite the fact that their stories has changed?
Re: The Misguided Hate On Nigerian Rich Kids - Opinion by chinchonglee(m): 2:45pm On Dec 30, 2020
pocohantas:

C’mon get da fck out of my mentions. Because I have been ignoring you and your rants, you think you can make it your life ambition to keep hopping on my posts with your terrible English and not-well-thought-out-rebuttals. I will munch up anything I want. Yes, Nigerians are terrible people. This includes you and that is why you are triggered, because the table you are sitting on was shaken.

If you have any iota of understanding, you’ll see Timaya and Wizkid perfectly fit into the grass-grace story which Nigerians like. So they’re less targeted. It is right there in my post, but no, you don’t ever read- you can’t even read. Once you see Poco’s post, you jump out to attack something you have no full understanding of.

I have said it before and I will say it again- whoever is fcking you better use protection. Your low IQ can easily pass for an STD and I fear for whoever contracts it.
U re a dumb human being.
U brain is empty, ntn can come out of it

1 Like

Re: The Misguided Hate On Nigerian Rich Kids - Opinion by imagrg(m): 2:56pm On Dec 30, 2020
The rich rob the weak to amass more than what they deserve.

They take pride in making the poor envy them.

They treat the poor with scorn.

They take more than their share from the national cake.

They rob the poor of their right to better life.

They make their children marry from among the rich so that wealth will continue to remain in their circle.

They separate their children from those from poor homes by putting them in expensive private institutions.

Then why wouldn't children from poor backgrounds chide spoilt b r a t s from rich homes for their extravagant and boisterous lifestyle which they inherited from their parents?

Look, until the gap between the rich and the poor is narrowed down, this inequalities would continue to breed hatred for the rich.

The rich are obliged to give back to the society they sapped to get wealthy.

2 Likes

Re: The Misguided Hate On Nigerian Rich Kids - Opinion by ZaOzaRoom(m): 2:58pm On Dec 30, 2020
I love Davido's music but I think most Nigerians feel the rich people of today made their money stealing from the country's treasury which resulted to today's suffering.
I once read somewhere that Kiddwaya's father was IBB's boy.
So, they could think Davido, cuppy etc fathers stole from the country's treasury hence the hate.
Re: The Misguided Hate On Nigerian Rich Kids - Opinion by SavageBoy: 2:58pm On Dec 30, 2020
pocohantas:

C’mon get da fck out of my mentions. Because I have been ignoring you and your rants, you think you can make it your life ambition to keep hopping on my posts with your terrible English and not-well-thought-out-rebuttals. I will munch up anything I want. Yes, Nigerians are terrible people. This includes you and that is why you are triggered, because the table you are sitting on was shaken.

If you have any iota of understanding, you’ll see Timaya and Wizkid perfectly fit into the grass-grace story which Nigerians like. So they’re less targeted. It is right there in my post, but no, you don’t ever read- you can’t even read. Once you see Poco’s post, you jump out to attack something you have no full understanding of.

Aunty take it easy nau shocked
Re: The Misguided Hate On Nigerian Rich Kids - Opinion by Nobody: 2:59pm On Dec 30, 2020
I think its not the issue of being a rich mans kid or a poor mans kid.
My dear friends its a human thing.
This situation happens everywhere, i repeat, everywhere, just that the percentage vary.
Even in europe, and the likes of the top developed countries.
Infact over there, these things takes other forms, like racism, etc.
Infact over there, its the rich that hate the poor!, the rich loves their own and have a little turn off for whatever comes from the grass.
So this issue is a human thing, its a nature thing, its a mechanism that nature use to maintain a balance on earth, not to allow everybody be on the same side, so that the human race will not hijack the total control of affairs from the supreme being.
Although we can reduce it to a reasonable level, buh not totally.
So when these things happens, i smile, cos i see nature telling us humans that we need to learn more and improve on ourselves, especially our thinking faculty.
When we learn from these things, and put rules on ground that will check mate these things, we can overcome it, check the anti racism law in europe too.
You will see that despite the strong rule on ground against racism and purnishment they ve been given to anyone caught, these act still comes out.
But over the years, it will be completely wipe out.
So we too here, should do something abouh the hate of a thing, and yes,
when the government was trying to pass the hate speech law, we all said no!
You can see, its in our DNA,
buh i believe when strong law is in place to checkmate it, and p urnishment for whoever is caught in the act, then it will reduce drastically, and we will begin to see ourselves as one, irrespective of your fathers wealth, success, religion, beliefs and so on.
Thats my point of view tho
Re: The Misguided Hate On Nigerian Rich Kids - Opinion by tunapawizzy: 3:02pm On Dec 30, 2020
Omihanifa:
The hate and jealousy is simply because of the high poverty rate in the country grin coupled with the fact that most of these rich kids parent are part of the people that destroyed the country.

They are part of the people that contributed to the rot in the system

So Nigerians are automatically transferring that hate to their children.

How do you expect people not to hate somebody like kiddwaya that was busy bragging on bbnaija that he spent 3.1 million naira to charter a private jet that took him to Lagos for the show.

In a country where people are dying of hunger and there's extreme poverty undecided you sef think am.

And for somebody like Davido, his own hatred is even self inflicted ( I feel he talks and displays to much information on social media)

Only a Davido will buy a car and be videoing how they are offloading the car inside his compound and still tell you that he paid 120million for it.

In other for these hatred to reduce some of these Rick kids should learn how to be conservative, it not everything they should be saying on social media. this is Nigeria where hunger and poverty is endemic and a lot of people live for the day

It is a personal choice to choose to be conservative or otherwise...someone brags about his privilege and the next thing is for you to start hating....oga u go hate tire.
Re: The Misguided Hate On Nigerian Rich Kids - Opinion by Princewill1(m): 3:02pm On Dec 30, 2020
Omihanifa:
The hate and jealousy is simply because of the high poverty rate in the country grin coupled with the fact that most of these rich kids parent are part of the people that destroyed the country.

They are part of the people that contributed to the rot in the system

So Nigerians are automatically transferring that hate to their children.

How do you expect people not to hate somebody like kiddwaya that was busy bragging on bbnaija that he spent 3.1 million naira to charter a private jet that took him to Lagos for the show.

In a country where people are dying of hunger and there's extreme poverty undecided you sef think am.

And for somebody like Davido, his own hatred is even self inflicted ( I feel he talks and displays to much information on social media)

Only a Davido will buy a car and be videoing how they are offloading the car inside his compound and still tell you that he paid 120million for it.

In other for these hatred to reduce some of these Rick kids should learn how to be conservative, it not everything they should be saying on social media. this is Nigeria where hunger and poverty is endemic and a lot of people live for the day

So social media show offs of rich kids is frown at. But when a poor kid does the same is accepted by the society?

I'm not a rich kid but I hate any society filled with envy and jealousy. Progress will be difficult to attain in such society. I want collective good of every body.

1 Like

Re: The Misguided Hate On Nigerian Rich Kids - Opinion by SavageBoy: 3:05pm On Dec 30, 2020
jornwhite:

There are other ways to exit ur mention without us getting in bed, a fvck out would av bin cool if only you were as tempting as the offer.
As much as you feel you can munch up anything remember people like us wil always be out to set the record straight, nigerians are terrible people buh no be we kill jesus.
Now you know there are lesser targets and the vibes are different .. show gratitude.
Don't worry about my babe, in 2yrs she has been promoted twice, that is what i pour in her and as for you there is no reason to fear ... remember you do me ED not even 25L of vaigra can cure grin ur turgid ass is safe

Wack!!!
You for just kukuma keep calmundecided
Re: The Misguided Hate On Nigerian Rich Kids - Opinion by ronaldbecky(m): 3:08pm On Dec 30, 2020
chinchonglee:

You Nigerians are dumb.
When someone brings his opinion on something, Nigerians are always quick to judge with their dull brains.
I was in a discussion where we were talking abt music and I said i dnt like davido's music cos his lyrics re wack, see how crowd objected my opinion saying "i only hate his songs cos his father is rich". Why will i hate someone's work jst because his father is rich
You pple shuld stop dis foolish mentality. Nobody hates who he/she hasnt seen before. They knw you through the services you provide to the masses and they are free to criticize it.
u are an idiot,saying his music wack...them for break ur head....bcus I no like ur music no me say na wack....see ur mouth like wack,enter studio go sing nah if e easy....mumu...am not a fan of davido
Re: The Misguided Hate On Nigerian Rich Kids - Opinion by ronaldbecky(m): 3:11pm On Dec 30, 2020
Jirehz:
It is not just Nigeria but the world today!
People hate to see you better than they are.
Their was talk about few years ago that Drake shouldn’t rap about the streets because he’s not really from the streets. But he’s been winning awards and bigger than most people who claim to come from the streets!

I even believe the Nigerian situation is better.
Most of the kids from wealthy families have one time or the other involved in governance and have stolen huge amounts of money.
Have you seen anyone call out Innoson’s children? Or kids whose fathers we all know their sources of income?

Davido- Adeleke family
Dj Cuppy- Otedola family
Etc
These families stole our money and built up all the wealth you are talking about from our collective wealth and subjected our people to poverty.

I’m not trying to make a case for HATE, but cut our people some slack abeg

You can call me a hater.
I just like to see things from another point of view!
if them thief,Make ur papa go thief e own nah,so u go enjoy am...indi ara
Re: The Misguided Hate On Nigerian Rich Kids - Opinion by HelpYourself(m): 3:11pm On Dec 30, 2020
pocohantas:

It is way too obvious not to be observed by any SENSIBLE human. Feel free nne. kiss

Maybe it is the hot weather or something, because I just do not understand at all. cheesy

Please don’t mention... smiley

Well said woman
Re: The Misguided Hate On Nigerian Rich Kids - Opinion by chinchonglee(m): 3:14pm On Dec 30, 2020
ronaldbecky:
u are an idiot,saying his music wack...them for break ur head....bcus I no like ur music no me say na wack....see ur mouth like wack,enter studio go sing nah if e easy....mumu...am not a fan of davido
You are probably were an aspiring musician who failed miserably thus started thinking music was hard.

I am doing well in my own career. Everybody must not do music.

Failure.
Dumb mofo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Yvonne Nelson Called Prostitute By Ghanaian Politician, See Her Response / Who Is Sexier? Mercy Johnson Or Martha Ankomah / Bbnaija 2018 Housemates With The Largest Instagram Followers (see Full List)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.