Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,583 members, 7,812,905 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:56 PM

The Misguided Hate On Nigerian Rich Kids - Opinion - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / The Misguided Hate On Nigerian Rich Kids - Opinion (42920 Views)

Dabota Lawson: "Razz Men Are Better Spenders Than Rich Kids" - Ex Beauty Queen / BBNaija: Why All The Hate On Tacha? / Rich Kids Of Miami (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Misguided Hate On Nigerian Rich Kids - Opinion by ParrotGirls360(f): 1:17pm On Dec 30, 2020
In Naija, most rich kids are hated on social space because an average Nigerian believes that everybody should suffer in this life before becoming rich. This theory has made many to just hate on rich kids just like that with unnecessary beefs here and there.

Pure examples are those hating on Davido because he did not grow up in the ghetto drinking dirty water before fame. Wrong theories rules this country's lifestyle.

1 Like

Re: The Misguided Hate On Nigerian Rich Kids - Opinion by jornwhite: 1:17pm On Dec 30, 2020
Romangalactic:

Kahakahakahakahagrin . U know diz poco gal completely cheesy
Thread iz toking abt OBO dem,she nw want 2add anoder group so she wee b insyd.

I mst follow syndromgrin

Without a boner, she is not so hard to figure out grin

5 Likes

Re: The Misguided Hate On Nigerian Rich Kids - Opinion by HitlerGaddafi: 1:18pm On Dec 30, 2020
pickatyouu:
No body send any person papa make him no make am.
I don't see any reason for hating on someone because his dad is rich.
That high level witch Craft .

Check my signature if you have a car and interested in installing a tracking device. It might interest you
Seriously I get irritated and annoyed when people hate rich kids for no reason. Nobody told your parents not to hustle hard or find their onions.

1 Like

Re: The Misguided Hate On Nigerian Rich Kids - Opinion by KingTom(m): 1:19pm On Dec 30, 2020
jornwhite:

You can't munchup everything, hate for the rich kids is not same as hate for happy people or made hustlers. oyato sii ra'won.
Maybe the thread is not about davido, buh its certainly about the ObOs only, when people start downsizing timaya, olamide, wizkid achievement to background then we can address it as a general thing. adding to the narrative was the only way to feel among grin miumiu
aunty linda is fvcking rich, is there any similarity between how people hate on her compared to dj cuppy. @freemasonry i am not surprise you agreed with her, buh it only shows you don't have an indepth knowledge about your own topic.

Omo sense will not kill you grin

5 Likes

Re: The Misguided Hate On Nigerian Rich Kids - Opinion by Fidelismaria: 1:19pm On Dec 30, 2020
You're right @op but this hate the rich thing is almost everywhere.

Even Americans hate if not all but some of their billionaires for being rich.

Although it's an epidemic here in Nigeria.

All thanks to bubuhari and his crew trying to make poverty a way of life.

1 Like

Re: The Misguided Hate On Nigerian Rich Kids - Opinion by Emeraldgreene(f): 1:20pm On Dec 30, 2020
[What a mature article.been waiting for someone sensible to post something I can relate with.Davido should be extremely careful now! Jealous Enemies are no more hiding,this means War...quoteor=Freemasonry post=97532064]I've come to understand that it's almost normal for the hoi polloi to hate privileged people. I don't really understand the psychology behind that but I know it's unhealthy and silly. Instead of misdirecting such misguided hate on people whose fathers made money why not hate your father who couldn't make it.

Take for instance, a few years ago Paddy Adenuga had published an inspiring article where he shared his struggles in business and how he succeeded, but in a bizarre twist of narrative the haters attacked him and alluded to the fact that his father's money did this and did that.

Shortly after, Dj Cuppy was also bullied online by people who believes she has no business being a dj, let alone a popular one at that. To them it's her affluent background that's doing the trick not her talent.

The same with Davido. No matter what he does, how many awards he wins, or cool tunes he drops, he'll never be good enough for these people who believe he didn't earn his place at the table.

Instead, they revere and respect those they think are from the streets even when these people are nothing short of mediocre. A case in point is the current frosty relationship between Davido and Burna boy, how did it all start? Both of them were chummy until Burna boy made a disparaging remark about Davido's father buying fame for him. This was not only in bad taste but smacks of obvious jealousy. That you struggled to climb up the ladder due to lack does not make you better, or mean that those who have the resources to advance their dreams or careers must suffer like you before their talents can be validated.

And if the eyewitness account in the media is anything to go by, then it’s obvious that this unfortunate incident was all Burna boys doing. He showed up at the club with 6 hired goons and went straight to the VIP section where Davido was sitting to confront him. Although this is yet to be verified but judging from Burna boy’s propensity for violence it is highly probable that is what happened.

It’s time people do away with this wrong notion that privileged kids don’t deserve what they have. No matter how hard they work there’s always someone who thinks that without their money they’d probably not make it that far, but nothing could be farther from the truth. These kids work just as hard as the poor kids, and there’s absolutely nothing wrong with using what you have to advance yourself. I mean you can’t hate on these kids just for being rich as if they’re the ones that stopped your father from making money. It’s wrong and it’s in bad taste.

Instead of hating divert that energy into making money so your kids won’t be just like you. Shout out to David. Keep keeping it a 100.[/quote]

1 Like

Re: The Misguided Hate On Nigerian Rich Kids - Opinion by wagazala: 1:20pm On Dec 30, 2020
pocohantas:

C’mon get da fck out of my mentions. Because I have been ignoring you and your rants, you think you can make it your life ambition to keep hopping on my posts with your terrible English and not-well-thought-out-rebuttals. I will munch up anything I want. Yes, Nigerians are terrible people. This includes you and that is why you are triggered because the table you are sitting on was shaken.

If you have any iota of understanding, you’ll see Timaya and Wizkid perfectly fit into the grass-grace story which Nigerians like. So they’re less targeted. It is right there in my post, but no, you don’t ever read. Once you see Poco’s post, you jump out to attack something you have no full understanding of.

I have said it before and I will say it again- whoever is fcking you better use protection. Your low IQ can easily pass for an STD and I fear for whoever contracts it.

kilodeee!!!
Re: The Misguided Hate On Nigerian Rich Kids - Opinion by AreaFada2: 1:21pm On Dec 30, 2020
pocohantas:
Not just rich people, but happy people or anyone that looks like he or she is not struggling.

This is not even about Davido, but a trend I have observed- online and offline.

In African clime, if possible, enjoy your success quietly. Of course that may not be possible for celebs.

When people talk of village people, I just laugh. Village people are those around you. Those who see how you are thriving, living within your means and not complaining. Those who estimate that you have more than what you actually do, perhaps because you are content and even generous as you can afford to be.

6 Likes

Re: The Misguided Hate On Nigerian Rich Kids - Opinion by Asadujames202(m): 1:21pm On Dec 30, 2020
The way this country is

The hate is justifiable

Na the so called rich men ran the country down

And their kids are enjoying the proceeds

8 Likes

Re: The Misguided Hate On Nigerian Rich Kids - Opinion by atheistandproud(m): 1:21pm On Dec 30, 2020
Duridadi:
grin... Make I chop fufu first ! I go come back.answer you cool

Kai see username.

Kana cin duri su sein.

Sai baba duri till you're shekaran sab'ain.
Re: The Misguided Hate On Nigerian Rich Kids - Opinion by Gmajor(m): 1:21pm On Dec 30, 2020
Freemasonry:
I've come to understand that it's almost normal for the hoi polloi to hate privileged people. I don't really understand the psychology behind that but I know it's unhealthy and silly. Instead of misdirecting such misguided hate on people whose fathers made money why not hate your father who couldn't make it.

Take for instance, a few years ago Paddy Adenuga had published an inspiring article where he shared his struggles in business and how he succeeded, but in a bizarre twist of narrative the haters attacked him and alluded to the fact that his father's money did this and did that.

Shortly after, Dj Cuppy was also bullied online by people who believes she has no business being a dj, let alone a popular one at that. To them it's her affluent background that's doing the trick not her talent.

The same with Davido. No matter what he does, how many awards he wins, or cool tunes he drops, he'll never be good enough for these people who believe he didn't earn his place at the table.

Instead, they revere and respect those they think are from the streets even when these people are nothing short of mediocre. A case in point is the current frosty relationship between Davido and Burna boy, how did it all start? Both of them were chummy until Burna boy made a disparaging remark about Davido's father buying fame for him. This was not only in bad taste but smacks of obvious jealousy. That you struggled to climb up the ladder due to lack does not make you better, or mean that those who have the resources to advance their dreams or careers must suffer like you before their talents can be validated.

And if the eyewitness account in the media is anything to go by, then it’s obvious that this unfortunate incident was all Burna boys doing. He showed up at the club with 6 hired goons and went straight to the VIP section where Davido was sitting to confront him. Although this is yet to be verified but judging from Burna boy’s propensity for violence it is highly probable that is what happened.

It’s time people do away with this wrong notion that privileged kids don’t deserve what they have. No matter how hard they work there’s always someone who thinks that without their money they’d probably not make it that far, but nothing could be farther from the truth. These kids work just as hard as the poor kids, and there’s absolutely nothing wrong with using what you have to advance yourself. I mean you can’t hate on these kids just for being rich as if they’re the ones that stopped your father from making money. It’s wrong and it’s in bad taste.

Instead of hating divert that energy into making money so your kids won’t be just like you. Shout out to David. Keep keeping it a 100.

Even though there are people who unjustly hate/envy rich kids, some of tthe examples you mentioned are not so on point.

For instance, you have some of them claiming that they achieved this and that and if they can do it, so can you.
This kind of statement shows an incredible lack of self awareness, considering that their background gave them a boost that most people don't have.

4 Likes

Re: The Misguided Hate On Nigerian Rich Kids - Opinion by Lamasta(m): 1:22pm On Dec 30, 2020
They are the vanity crew singers in Nairaland they never appreciate greatness or wealthy affluence...
Re: The Misguided Hate On Nigerian Rich Kids - Opinion by Kapilta(m): 1:23pm On Dec 30, 2020
If no be say L.A.X glory no too shine for the industry, him too for don hear am. Burna boy cup go soon full for Yorubaland. We dey count am give am. Make e kwantinue. If e easy to buy fame, i no knw why all d billionaires neva buy one give dema pikin all. Nonsense and damini ogulu.

1 Like

Re: The Misguided Hate On Nigerian Rich Kids - Opinion by Nobody: 1:24pm On Dec 30, 2020
The truth is that the poverty and hunger in Nigeria in the 5 years has never been seen before, except probably during the civil war.
And it is no lie that many of the parents of these so called "rich kids" celebrities helped to destroy this country. I see kiddawaya's picture in the illustration.. Well anyone with half a brain knows who Terry Waya was during pdp administration.
It's annoying and extremely painful for someone like kidd whose dad helped loot our common wealth to say "the only difference between you and me is hard work". Very painful.
And the ostentatious display of wealth? Nauseating.

18 Likes

Re: The Misguided Hate On Nigerian Rich Kids - Opinion by chinchonglee(m): 1:25pm On Dec 30, 2020
Freemasonry:

I couldn’t agree more pocohontas.
It’s just as you said, they don’t want to see anyone doing better than them.

Btw, thank you for your Christmas largesse to nairalanders a few days ago.
You Nigerians are dumb.
When someone brings his opinion on something, Nigerians are always quick to judge with their dull brains.
I was in a discussion where we were talking abt music and I said i dnt like davido's music cos his lyrics re wack, see how crowd objected my opinion saying "i only hate his songs cos his father is rich". Why will i hate someone's work jst because his father is rich
You pple shuld stop dis foolish mentality. Nobody hates who he/she hasnt seen before. They knw you through the services you provide to the masses and they are free to criticize it.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Misguided Hate On Nigerian Rich Kids - Opinion by Jaqenhghar: 1:26pm On Dec 30, 2020
pocohantas:
Not just rich people, but happy people or anyone that looks like he or she is not struggling.

This is not even about Davido, but a trend I have observed- online and offline.
so true. They say misery loves comoany

2 Likes

Re: The Misguided Hate On Nigerian Rich Kids - Opinion by honeybadgerX(m): 1:27pm On Dec 30, 2020
gfon:
I no get haters now am struggling,if oluwa pick my call and everywhere stew,haters go arise.Thunder fire dem in advance
oluwa will definately pick your calls , moving forward , hate will only come when you begin to make other people feel you have done what they can do , in other words avoid see finish and live a very very cryptic life....#Stayblessed��

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Misguided Hate On Nigerian Rich Kids - Opinion by Nobody: 1:27pm On Dec 30, 2020
What do you expect when you try to make others feel inferior

Are Aliko Dangote's children not humans?

Abuse! That's what any uncultured person gets tongue

3 Likes

Re: The Misguided Hate On Nigerian Rich Kids - Opinion by Nobody: 1:28pm On Dec 30, 2020
Freemasonry:
I've come to understand that it's almost normal for the hoi polloi to hate privileged people. I don't really understand the psychology behind that but I know it's unhealthy and silly. Instead of misdirecting such misguided hate on people whose fathers made money why not hate your father who couldn't make it.

Instead of hating divert that energy into making money so your kids won’t be just like you. Shout out to David. Keep keeping it a 100.
Hey rich kid, do you know the bolded is derogatory? Las Las, when we all die, the ground will not discriminate between the rich or poor.

9 Likes

Re: The Misguided Hate On Nigerian Rich Kids - Opinion by Deicide: 1:28pm On Dec 30, 2020
Freemasonry:

I couldn’t agree more pocohontas.
It’s just as you said, they don’t want to see anyone doing better than them.

Btw, thank you for your Christmas largesse to nairalanders a few days ago.
Poco me your best friend, and I no receive anything grin
Re: The Misguided Hate On Nigerian Rich Kids - Opinion by juniorstar(m): 1:28pm On Dec 30, 2020
its no longer news that having a rich father can buy you some rare privileges but in my view its nobodys business . make your own money so DAT u can keep balling with your children and those fortunate enough to know you.
I remember cash DAT year we follow am ball the small one wey we fit ball.

1 Like

Re: The Misguided Hate On Nigerian Rich Kids - Opinion by olisaEze(m): 1:29pm On Dec 30, 2020
Guyman, people are not pissed at rich kids, they’re frustrated at the system!

Take a walk around and see 1st class graduates hawking to survive or working at mundane jobs while 3rd class children of the rich are well on their way to heading lucrative agencies and parastatals through a quiet word from one of daddy’s lackeys.

Why do you think the easiest way to dent a politician's image in Nigeria today is through his/her certificate?

The anger is not against any of those names up there but against a system that exalts mediocrity and treats merit to social distancing.

Nigeria is not India, we will not allow these politicians and their cohorts bring the caste system up North down South!

10 Likes

Re: The Misguided Hate On Nigerian Rich Kids - Opinion by emmy512: 1:29pm On Dec 30, 2020
True.
But being humble would help reduce that

1 Like

Re: The Misguided Hate On Nigerian Rich Kids - Opinion by Kapilta(m): 1:29pm On Dec 30, 2020
folake4u:

Thank you oh for this observation!

Biko nwannem, can I copy and share this post on my WhatsApp?
Now i don catch you omo nna.
Re: The Misguided Hate On Nigerian Rich Kids - Opinion by gfon(m): 1:32pm On Dec 30, 2020
honeybadgerX:
oluwa will definately pick your calls , moving forward , hate will only come when you begin to make other people feel you have done what they can do , in other words avoid see finish and live a very very cryptic life....#Stayblessed��
true talk boss,wish you better days ahead
Re: The Misguided Hate On Nigerian Rich Kids - Opinion by BobbyZrealist(m): 1:33pm On Dec 30, 2020
That is what happens when ,you always jump in peoples faces bragging and salivating after you buy a new thing,or even talking about unnecessary things.
Everyone deserves a good life and luxuries, but while you at it don't irritate people with your character.

3 Likes

Re: The Misguided Hate On Nigerian Rich Kids - Opinion by MrHighSea: 1:33pm On Dec 30, 2020
Thug Life
Re: The Misguided Hate On Nigerian Rich Kids - Opinion by Arielle: 1:33pm On Dec 30, 2020
Freemasonry:

Very welĺ saìd
Re: The Misguided Hate On Nigerian Rich Kids - Opinion by Jirehz(m): 1:36pm On Dec 30, 2020
It is not just Nigeria but the world today!
People hate to see you better than they are.
Their was talk about few years ago that Drake shouldn’t rap about the streets because he’s not really from the streets. But he’s been winning awards and bigger than most people who claim to come from the streets!

I even believe the Nigerian situation is better.
Most of the kids from wealthy families have one time or the other involved in governance and have stolen huge amounts of money.
Have you seen anyone call out Innoson’s children? Or kids whose fathers we all know their sources of income?

Davido- Adeleke family
Dj Cuppy- Otedola family
Etc
These families stole our money and built up all the wealth you are talking about from our collective wealth and subjected our people to poverty.

I’m not trying to make a case for HATE, but cut our people some slack abeg

You can call me a hater.
I just like to see things from another point of view!

10 Likes

Re: The Misguided Hate On Nigerian Rich Kids - Opinion by Agbegbaorogboye: 1:36pm On Dec 30, 2020
HitlerGaddafi:
Nigerians generally have hatred for rich kids. No be them say make your papa no hustle or find his onions to make life better for you. I remember back then in boarding school, there was one rich dude in my class his dad was a top naval officer , (oil bunkering deals , bribery all). Everyone hated him because of his background but as usual of rich kids, Dem no dey stingy at all. They are free and cheerful with giving. As a sharp boy , I made friends with him , helped him arranged his cloths, wash , sweep , we read together and I never regretted it coz that boy spoil me no be small. Even during holidays he always invited me to his house chai see life. Their dog lasan na milk e dey drink every morning. Toys everywhere I could only dream of and I will look up to God, no be human being be this. Na chicken and juice I dey always use clean mouth every morning. Ordinary to chop beans, they will grate chicken inside, add all sorts of orisirisi, sweet corn, corn beef , con top am with one big turkey and freshly baked bread. After food we retire to play games and watch TV all day, play sports . chai oboy life sweet o. Money is good , very good.. Bola dey America now.
So because of food, you were washing clothes and sweeping for your mate. And you're proud to say it

4 Likes

Re: The Misguided Hate On Nigerian Rich Kids - Opinion by Emeraldgreene(f): 1:36pm On Dec 30, 2020
It's the black man nature with pure evil black heart.It was a fellow black who killed Tupac,it was fellow black ancestors who betrayed,captured and sold their own blood into slavery.This pull him down mentality they seem to have.

Davido be extremely careful, Enemies are no more hiding,they have confronted u openly.As a smart guy, prepare for the worst!

You struggle in life to become a success and then suddenly enemies from no where start evil attacks with black magic and witchcraft, maybe a gift of stroke, paralysis, poison or accident. BLACK EVIL WICKED HEART.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

A Listening Ear Can Be A Running Mouth — Tiwa Savage (Photos) / Judy Austin Celebrates Her 31st Birthday (Photo) / Funke Adesiyan Flaunts Waist Beads, Fans React

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.