Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,278 members, 7,822,368 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:35 AM

What's The Best Durable Car To Buy - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What's The Best Durable Car To Buy (2335 Views)

Which Durable Car Can I Buy For 1M For School Runs / Is Kia Sportage A Strong And Durable Car? / Lady Buys A New Car To Celebrate Her 24th Birthday (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's The Best Durable Car To Buy by Nobody: 12:11pm On Dec 30, 2020
Hi Everyone,

Please i need recommendations for a solid car. I am currently driving a 2018 Mitsubishi outlander which I've had for 2 years now. A friend of mine who's into auto dealership shipped it for me from the US. Said it had good fuel economy, double back sitter, blah, blah blah. The car is okay but doesn't have the features I want so I want to give the car to my mum & get a new car.

I like keyless cars or cars u can start with a remote; cars u can operate the boot with a key or button (my Mitshibushi doesn't have that). I like cars that lock automatically on matching the brake (my Mitshibushi doesn't have that feature too). Leather seat trips me (my Mitshibushi doesn't have leather seat). I love Cars with good sound system & GPS; back 360 degree camera; blindspot & close range sensor. I hate going to the Mechanic so I won't like to own a car that always have electrical, mechanical or leg problems. Since I got this Mitsubishi, I've only changed oil & 2 front tyres so far.

PS: B4 u start questioning my source of income;I must tell u that some of us women are doing well for ourselves & are real legit hustlers, joined with favor from God our creator. I have a govt job, do contracts & also own a successful business. I started a real estate company sometime in 2018 (don't ask me how) but this is our best year so far amiss COVID. I'd like a more presentable & durable car cos I drive around alot with prospective clients & families.

Pls don't refer me to range rover, Bently, Ferrari or G-wagon. I'm not a celebrity. I labour so hard for my money but also like good things.

Warning: Please no useless comments. If u have nothing to contribute, read & pass. This question is not for kids on NL.

3 Likes

Re: What's The Best Durable Car To Buy by Diegostan(m): 3:21pm On Dec 30, 2020
francawilson:
Hi Everyone,

Please i need recommendations for a solid car. I am currently driving a 2018 Mitsubishi outlander which I've had for 2 years now. A friend of mine who's into auto dealership shipped it for me from the US. Said it had good fuel economy, double back sitter, blah, blah blah. The car is okay but doesn't have the features I want so I want to give the car to my mum & get a new car.

I like keyless cars or cars u can start with a remote; cars u can operate the boot with a key or button (my Mitshibushi doesn't have that). I like cars that lock automatically on matching the brake (my Mitshibushi doesn't have that feature too). Leather seat trips me (my Mitshibushi doesn't have leather seat). I love Cars with good sound system & GPS; back 360 degree camera; blindspot & close range sensor. I hate going to the Mechanic so I won't like to own a car that always have electrical, mechanical or leg problems. Since I got this Mitsubishi, I've only changed oil & 2 front tyres so far.

PS: B4 u start questioning my source of income;I must tell u that some of us women are doing well for ourselves & are real legit hustlers, joined with favor from God our creator. I have a govt job, do contracts & also own a successful business. I started a real estate company sometime in 2018 (don't ask me how) but this is our best year so far amiss COVID. I'd like a more presentable & durable car cos I drive around alot with prospective clients & families.

Pls don't refer me to range rover, Bently, Ferrari or G-wagon. I'm not a celebrity. I labour so hard for my money but also like good things.

Warning: Please no useless comments. If u have nothing to contribute, read & pass. This question is not for kids on NL.

I can suggest quite a number of cars for you, chat me on WhatsApp am a car dealer
Re: What's The Best Durable Car To Buy by Peppermintflav: 3:29pm On Dec 30, 2020
francawilson:
Hi Everyone,

Any car you see people driving in large number is a nice reliable ride.
Personally corolla 2010 upwards is a nice choice.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Best Durable Car To Buy by seanfer(m): 4:42pm On Dec 30, 2020
OP look at 2015 Honda CRV
2015 Toyota highlander...
2012 upward Lexus RX 350
2012 Mercedes Benz ML350..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Best Durable Car To Buy by Kingdemu: 4:47pm On Dec 30, 2020
Diegostan:

I can suggest quite a number of cars for you, chat me on WhatsApp am a car dealer
She will not chat you up. If you can not say such simple info here, hold your peace.

CC: Nurey, Kingreign, kindly assist OP

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Best Durable Car To Buy by nurey(m): 6:54pm On Dec 30, 2020
francawilson:
Hi Everyone,

I have handled a GX460, it has almost all the features you have except remote control start or push to start button.

I have never driven or seen a car that locks automatically when break is depressed but my sister's 06 Corolla locks all doors when you switch gear to drive and opens all door when you switch gear to P.

If the GX is too big you can try a Lexus RX your budget would determine the year.

3 Likes

Re: What's The Best Durable Car To Buy by fergieboy: 8:26pm On Dec 31, 2020
Lamborghini urus 300m

4 Likes

Re: What's The Best Durable Car To Buy by 4crownfortress(m): 11:52pm On Jan 02, 2021
francawilson:
Hi Everyone,

Your budget will determine. How much are you willing to spend?
Re: What's The Best Durable Car To Buy by TransAtlanticEx(m): 12:17am On Jan 03, 2021
francawilson:
Hi Everyone,

Probably one of Pocohantas protege(sending women to cartalk for man hunt grin) that is here to try her luck too,albeit wrongly and arrogantly.
Firstly,no one will ask for your source of income as that Mitsubishi you drive isn't really that spectacular ,kind of a regular car for mid income people(And cartalk is littered with mid income people).
You rate the men and women here so lowly to want to question your supposed "Source of wealth" over a Mitsubishi Outlander? undecided
And also ,we both know(you and I) that you've got no money for no damn car you want(the type you described),else you'd be in a Merc dealership by now asking the right questions to a fine salesman in a 3 piece suit sipping champagne while you write a cheque,after test driving of course(that's what people who want luxury in a car and can afford it do).
Let me guess,
You are single(else lots of these questions would have been directed to whoever you are with,
Advanced(late 30s)
Desperately looking for attention,that's why all the talk of how well you are doing came up when no one asked,
And is on an aggressive marketing spree on which guy(struggling guy of course) you can hook by any means to dump the remnants of a diminishing youth unto,
Abi?
If I'm wrong,I'd apologise,I promise.
And no,I am not interested in you or whatever a single woman in her late 30s that drive a Mitaubishi and thinks it's a big deal has to offer,its already a turn off,couple with the whole age thing.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What's The Best Durable Car To Buy by sultaan(m): 3:59am On Jan 03, 2021
RX350, Ford Edge, Nissan Murano, Acura MDX, ML350, Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited

Unfortunately any car that has remote start and GPS is full of electronics

Nissan and Ford will be the cheapest of the bunch because they are not Luxury brands Infiniti, Lincoln

Nigeria is a unique country where the Mitsubishi will be a better trouble free option to keep using.

Pick a car you like and look at the competition in that class for options
Re: What's The Best Durable Car To Buy by dicksonadams(m): 4:37am On Jan 03, 2021
Try Lexus RX350

1 Like

Re: What's The Best Durable Car To Buy by mejai(m): 5:03am On Jan 03, 2021
TransAtlanticEx:
Probably one of Pocohantas protege(sending women to cartalk for man hunt grin) that is here to try her luck too,albeit wrongly and arrogantly.
Firstly,no one will ask for your source of income as that Mitsubishi you drive isn't really that spectacular ,kind of a regular car for mid income people(And cartalk is littered with mid income people).
You rate the men and women here so lowly to want to question your supposed "Source of wealth" over a Mitsubishi Outlander? undecided
And also ,we both know(you and I) that you've got no money for no damn car you want(the type you described),else you'd be in a Merc dealership by now asking the right questions to a fine salesman in a 3 piece suit sipping champagne while you write a cheque,after test driving of course(that's what people who want luxury in a car and can afford it do).
Let me guess,
You are single(else lots of these questions would have been directed to whoever you are with,
Advanced(late 30s)
Desperately looking for attention,that's why all the talk of how well you are doing came up when no one asked,
And is on an aggressive marketing spree on which guy(struggling guy of course) you can hook by any means to dump the remnants of a diminishing youth unto,
Abi?
And no,I am not interested in you or whatever a single woman in her late 30s that drive a Mitaubishi and thinks it's a big deal has to offer,its already a turn off,couple with the whole age thing.
I donate 1 crate of Toyota Corolla 2007 model to you grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Best Durable Car To Buy by Afromentalist: 6:20am On Jan 03, 2021
TransAtlanticEx:
Let me guess,
Advanced(late 30s)
Abi?
Best answer

4 Likes

Re: What's The Best Durable Car To Buy by kingreign(m): 6:42am On Jan 03, 2021
francawilson:
Hi Everyone,

Mercedes GLE
Rx350L
Acura MDX
Honda CRV
Toyota Rav4

These are all good and nice and rugged.

1 Like

Re: What's The Best Durable Car To Buy by priestcharm(m): 9:24am On Jan 03, 2021
Ford Edge is your bet. You can try from 013 upward
Re: What's The Best Durable Car To Buy by TouchOfSpice(m): 4:20pm On Jan 03, 2021
Hmmmm!!! You got me speechless.

Compliment of the season sir.

TransAtlanticEx:
Let me guess,
Advanced(late 30s)
Abi?
Re: What's The Best Durable Car To Buy by IkpuMmadu: 5:32pm On Jan 03, 2021
francawilson:
Hi Everyone,

Get a benz GLK .... Its feminine or BMW x3 ..... From 2015 upward
Re: What's The Best Durable Car To Buy by IkpuMmadu: 5:33pm On Jan 03, 2021
kingreign:

Mercedes GLE
Rx350L
Acura MDX
Honda CRV
Toyota Rav4

These are all good and nice and rugged.

Nice one.... But RAV 4 doesn't have the features
Re: What's The Best Durable Car To Buy by kingreign(m): 5:54pm On Jan 03, 2021
IkpuMmadu:

Nice one.... But RAV 4 doesn't have the features
They do. Trust me.

1 Like

Re: What's The Best Durable Car To Buy by IkpuMmadu: 6:16pm On Jan 03, 2021
kingreign:

They do. Trust me.
ok
Re: What's The Best Durable Car To Buy by Kettlecorn: 6:29pm On Jan 03, 2021
francawilson:
Hi Everyone,

Everything you mentioned that you want can easily be added to your current vehicle aftermarket. Ask your car dealer friend in the US to send you the aftermarket kits. They are all simple kits that are available as add ons. If your primary concern is reliability and durability, which you claim to experience from your current vehicle, why not just add these options to it and be done? The devil you know is better than the one you don't.
Re: What's The Best Durable Car To Buy by Cupidkc(m): 8:09pm On Jan 03, 2021
kingreign:

They do. Trust me.

Please what's your take on Rav4 2013 or 2014 or 2015?
Re: What's The Best Durable Car To Buy by kingreign(m): 10:45pm On Jan 03, 2021
Cupidkc:

Please what's your take on Rav4 2013 or 2014 or 2015?

I dislike and abhor it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's The Best Durable Car To Buy by naijadrivablog: 1:17am On Jan 04, 2021
Demeanors wehdone
Re: What's The Best Durable Car To Buy by Nobody: 6:16am On Jul 20, 2021
TransAtlanticEx:
Let me guess,
Advanced(late 30s)
Abi?
Well spoken. I guess u’re a seer. I’m sorry I turned u off by whatever I mentioned. I rest my case.
Re: What's The Best Durable Car To Buy by sultaan(m): 6:55am On Jul 20, 2021

Well spoken. I guess u’re a seer. I’m sorry I turned u off by whatever I mentioned. I rest my case.

Why apologize to someone who had nothing to offer in terms of advice needed.

TransAtlantic, please don't share a rude opinion he could have kept to yourself.

If you have nothing good to say about someone you don't know, who never harmed you in anyway keep quiet and stick to question at hand.

You can't go around spewing evil and expect the world to be a better place. You are either part of the solution , or the problem with our people.

OP I hope the exchange rate and the current realities in the country has opened your eyes to the possibilities of things to come.
The Mitsubishi will look reasonable now when you consider its reliability and the fact that it is not a thief magnet.

The list of cars I gave up there is still a good list, if you will like a detailed breakdown of what will work for you we can continue with this discussion here. It is easy to give you a model you will fall in love with but dealing with its maintenance is the issue here.

(1) (Reply)

2015 Mercedes Benz C300 Vs 2015 Toyota Avalon Vs 2015 Lexus Es350 / A Story On Poor Safety Records Of Some American Cars / World's Smallest & Most Affordable Private Jet!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.