Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,628 members, 7,813,068 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:16 AM

Black Mamba: The Deadliest Snake In The World - Facts And Pictures - Science/Technology (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Black Mamba: The Deadliest Snake In The World - Facts And Pictures (78338 Views)

See The Green Mamba That Was Killed By My Wife Yesterday / The Tree That Bleeds Like Human (Facts And Pictures) / 13 Most Beautiful Snakes In The World (Facts And 4 Pictures Each) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Black Mamba: The Deadliest Snake In The World - Facts And Pictures by N3cR0mAZc3R(m): 6:16pm On Jan 02, 2021
BlackBaron:
Isn't the Australian Taipan the deadliest snake on the planet?

It's the most venomous but not the most dangerous.
Re: Black Mamba: The Deadliest Snake In The World - Facts And Pictures by Adakintroy: 6:17pm On Jan 02, 2021
BabaIbo:

That one consine* you.

Are you a learner?
Honey badger can take on a python.

And again, those ones can be taken down or preyed upon by bigger animals like lion, tiger, crocs etc, since venom is out of the discussion.

In other words, they are not at the top of a food chain in a forest consisting of all animals like your first reply portrayed.

You get the point now?

Abeg go one side. Honey badger..ke? take on 14 _ 18 foots python or anaconda. were will it get the staminal or musle density to take it down. We not talking 6feet cobra here. Some python have be shown to take downeven alligators and you bring up Badgers.

If honey badger is so magnificent how come only few have heard of them. Try mentioning snakes to the world. They are as up there in popularity as a lion or any other species of animals known to man.

I never said they were at the top of the food chain. I just said they hold there own decently in a very complex animal ecological strata if any thing. And that I praise and respect their unique adaptations.

They have been shown to survive remarkably in almost all condition even in the sea we have water snakes and desert reptilians. Surviving in the most rugged conditions know to man.

Again my hats off to them.

On a different stand, if you want to sound that way..I will have you know that a single lion will not stand a chance against a cape Buffalo one on one. So what's so king of the beast about them. Animal adaptations are remarkable and it's hard to measure them by any standard criterias. Just respect them that's all. I wasn't comparing.
Re: Black Mamba: The Deadliest Snake In The World - Facts And Pictures by explosiveskull(m): 6:18pm On Jan 02, 2021
N3cR0mAZc3R:

Ha ha... If I was asked that same question I will choose none bro. Both can and will certainly kill me if locked together in a cage. It doesn't matter if ones venom is more potent or fast acting than the other one.

I fear snakes but I also love and respect them.
A king cobra won't do anything to you once you don't make any sudden moves and remain calm unlike the mamba that is nervous and will definitely attack you despite how calm you are.
Re: Black Mamba: The Deadliest Snake In The World - Facts And Pictures by N3cR0mAZc3R(m): 6:19pm On Jan 02, 2021
hermesprogidy:

No snake will attack you within 5 feet unless it feels cornered or threatened, snakes generally tend to avoid people. This includes the so called black mamba. I don't need a video of a snake expert to help me deduce simple diction. If you are saying the definition of deadly also means how often a snake bites people, then the black mamba fails woefully in that category. The Eastern brown snake and saw scaled python, bites (and kills) more people than the black mamba. If we go back to the definition of deadly as to how quickly its venom can kill people, the black mamba comes a distant 5th.

Your indeed right that snakes don't generally attack people unless threatened but the black mamba is more of a nervous type of snake than the more venomous but relaxed taipan which is why I think it's more dangerous. It's panics easily too and therefore might strike even unprovoked.
Re: Black Mamba: The Deadliest Snake In The World - Facts And Pictures by N3cR0mAZc3R(m): 6:21pm On Jan 02, 2021
hermesprogidy:

You are right. I confused a spitting cobra with King Cobra. But I still maintain that a King Cobra is way more aggressive and deadlier than a black mamba.

Bro come-on your reaching here. The king cobra is the biggest and longest venomous snake but it's not as aggressive as the black mamba.

A google search away should give u the answer.

1 Like

Re: Black Mamba: The Deadliest Snake In The World - Facts And Pictures by iamclime(m): 6:22pm On Jan 02, 2021
yetmao:
Black mambae not the most poisonous but the deadliest.

Taipan is actually most poisonous snake but they're shy and not residential
Roger that. The inland taipan is the baddest dude in the snake world.
Re: Black Mamba: The Deadliest Snake In The World - Facts And Pictures by 900warriorz: 6:23pm On Jan 02, 2021
There are ranges of extremely deadly snakes..

Black Mamba tops the list coz of it's really aggressive nature. It's not a snake that'd turn back in a chase, rather, it'd chase you with the will to kill.

We have snakes like the Bushmaster, gaboon viper and puff adder.

Even cobra no see their backs. These are really dangerous snakes. That has extremely long fangs and can inject large quantity of potent neurotoxins on victims.
Re: Black Mamba: The Deadliest Snake In The World - Facts And Pictures by noulish: 6:23pm On Jan 02, 2021
God i hate snakes
Re: Black Mamba: The Deadliest Snake In The World - Facts And Pictures by N3cR0mAZc3R(m): 6:25pm On Jan 02, 2021
braveheart77:
A mongoose go kill this one in 2 minutes

True but there are snakes that can also kill mongoose. The mongoose is only partially immune to the toxics of the particular snake native to it's range.

For example a snake from the Americas such as the bushmaster or diamond back rattlesnake can kill a mongoose with it's venom because they don't live on the same continent and the mongoose won't have developed the immune system to that particular snake's venom.
Re: Black Mamba: The Deadliest Snake In The World - Facts And Pictures by hermesprogidy(m): 6:25pm On Jan 02, 2021
N3cR0mAZc3R:

Your indeed right that snakes don't generally attack people unless threatened but the black mamba is more of a nervous type of snake than the more venomous but relaxed taipan which is why I think it's more dangerous. It's panics easily too and therefore might strike even unprovoked.
But there are other snakes that act more nervous than the black mamba, bite and kill more people. Eg Saw Scaled Viper and Eastern Brown snake. You see why I have a problem with aggression as a basis for deadly?
Re: Black Mamba: The Deadliest Snake In The World - Facts And Pictures by Rushna27(f): 6:26pm On Jan 02, 2021
high phobia for dis creature sha
Re: Black Mamba: The Deadliest Snake In The World - Facts And Pictures by hermesprogidy(m): 6:29pm On Jan 02, 2021
N3cR0mAZc3R:

Bro come-on your reaching here. The king cobra is the biggest and longest venomous snake but it's not as aggressive as the black mamba.

A google search away should give u the answer.
My guy Google it. The King Cobra is more aggressive than the black mamba. The King Cobra even eats other snakes, including venomous ones. In relation to people, the King Cobra will attack just as a black mamba will attack if they feel threatened. Likewise, they will both japa from people if they can.
Re: Black Mamba: The Deadliest Snake In The World - Facts And Pictures by N3cR0mAZc3R(m): 6:29pm On Jan 02, 2021
Adakintroy:

Abeg go one side. Honey badger..ke. take on 14 _ 18 foots python or anaconda. were will it get the staminal or musle density to take it down. We not talking 6feet cobra here.

I never said they were at the top of the food chain. I just said they hold there own decently in a very complex animal ecological strata if any thing. And that I praise and respect their unique adaptations.

That have been shown to survive remarkable in almost all condition even in the sea we have water snakes and desert reptilians. Surviving in the harshest conditions know to man.

Again my hats to them. Go rest I no de talk about you.

They only take small African rock pythons about 12 feet long but still impressive. Any pythons past 12 feet is out of their range due to size.

Honey badgers and strong and powerful for their size but don't overrate honey badgers and downgrade rock pythons bro.

Re: Black Mamba: The Deadliest Snake In The World - Facts And Pictures by hermesprogidy(m): 6:32pm On Jan 02, 2021
explosiveskull:

A king cobra won't do anything to you once you don't make any sudden moves and remain calm unlike the mamba that is nervous and will definitely attack you despite how calm you are.
Don't worry, I will soon lock you in a cage with a King Cobra, let's see how still you will stay. grin
Re: Black Mamba: The Deadliest Snake In The World - Facts And Pictures by Adakintroy: 6:32pm On Jan 02, 2021
N3cR0mAZc3R:

They only take small African rock pythons about 12 feet long but still impressive. Any pythons past 12 feet is out of their range due to size.

Honey badgers and strong and powerful for their size but don't overrate honey badgers and downgrade rock pythons bro.

Thank God you observe its only withing certain size range. Badgers and woverings are some of the most rugged impressive animals out there too. They punch way above their weight. Still respect for them all.
Re: Black Mamba: The Deadliest Snake In The World - Facts And Pictures by N3cR0mAZc3R(m): 6:33pm On Jan 02, 2021
explosiveskull:

You are kinda right. I have seen snake charmers handle king cobras and even taipans carelessly and still they don't get bitten. I have never seen one handled a black mamba as carelessly. They're always cautious around the snake.

1 Like

Re: Black Mamba: The Deadliest Snake In The World - Facts And Pictures by N3cR0mAZc3R(m): 6:38pm On Jan 02, 2021
hermesprogidy:

But there are other snakes that act more nervous than the black mamba, bite and kill more people. Eg Saw Scaled Viper and Eastern Brown snake. You see why I have a problem with aggression as a basis for deadly?

There are but it's just that the black mamba panics more consistently and it also has the length to aid it strikes. Most snakes are sloppy strikers but the black mamba is very accurate.

Imo i rate the most dangerous snakes as follows;
1. Black mamba
2. Coastal taipan
3. Inland taipan
4. King cobra
5. Gaboon viper/Bushmaster

Honourable mention: the krait and eastern brown snake.

1 Like

Re: Black Mamba: The Deadliest Snake In The World - Facts And Pictures by BabaIbo: 6:45pm On Jan 02, 2021
Adakintroy:

Abeg go one side. Honey badger..ke? take on 14 _ 18 foots python or anaconda. were will it get the staminal or musle density to take it down. We not talking 6feet cobra here. Some python have be shown to take downeven alligators and you bring up Badgers.

If honey badger is so magnificent how come only few have heard of them. Try mentioning snakes to the world. They are as up there in popularity as a lion or any other species of animals known to man.

They have been shown to survive remarkably in almost all condition even in the sea we have water snakes and desert reptilians. Surviving in the most rugged conditions know to man.

Again my hats off to them.

On a different stand, if you want to sound that way..I will have you know that a single lion will not stand a chance against a cape Buffalo one on one. So what's so king of the beast about them. Animal adaptations are remarkable and it's hard to measure them by any standard criterias. Just respect them that's all. I wasn't comparing.

That story of a python taking down an alligator is just once in a while kind of story unlike the other way out.

Again, a matured male lion can take down a cape buffalo or wilder beast one on one.

Better don't compare them...

They all have their unique features cheesy
Re: Black Mamba: The Deadliest Snake In The World - Facts And Pictures by BabaIbo: 6:45pm On Jan 02, 2021
Grandmeister:

Because the protein in their venom can’t bind with that of those animals, which gives them immunity.

OK, thanks for the info
Re: Black Mamba: The Deadliest Snake In The World - Facts And Pictures by N3cR0mAZc3R(m): 6:45pm On Jan 02, 2021
Adakintroy:

Thank God you observe its only withing certain size range. Badgers and woverings are some of the most rugged impressive animals out there too. They punch way above their weight. Still respect for them all.

Yeah. The mustelids family are one of the most strongest animals p4p (pound for pound).

Even lions and leopards sometimes failed to kill them.
Re: Black Mamba: The Deadliest Snake In The World - Facts And Pictures by Kakamorufu(m): 6:48pm On Jan 02, 2021
this snake dey hear am from mongoose and badger all the time. �
Re: Black Mamba: The Deadliest Snake In The World - Facts And Pictures by Adakintroy: 6:51pm On Jan 02, 2021
BabaIbo:

That story of a python taking down an alligator is just once in a while kind of story unlike the other way out.

Again, a matured male lion can take down a cape buffalo or wilder beast one on one.

Better don't compare them...

They all have their unique features cheesy

That's a lie. Lions are moslty pack hunters. It will take up to three of four mature lioness. Maybe two male lion to take down a fully grown male buffalo.

Those things are built like tanks..unless you just being baise in your accesment.
Re: Black Mamba: The Deadliest Snake In The World - Facts And Pictures by N3cR0mAZc3R(m): 6:55pm On Jan 02, 2021
Adakintroy:

That's a lie. Lions are moslty pack hunters. It will take up to three of four mature lioness. Maybe two male lion to take down a fully grown male buffalo.

Those things are built like tanks..unless you just being baise in your accesment.

Lone lions can take them tho. I guess it just depends on the circumstances.

A male lion can but a lioness will be hard-pressed.

Re: Black Mamba: The Deadliest Snake In The World - Facts And Pictures by wunaESQ(m): 6:58pm On Jan 02, 2021
KOBE BRYANT BLACK MAMBA
Re: Black Mamba: The Deadliest Snake In The World - Facts And Pictures by wunaESQ(m): 6:58pm On Jan 02, 2021
KOBE BRYANT BLACK MAMBA
Re: Black Mamba: The Deadliest Snake In The World - Facts And Pictures by yungevvy(m): 7:10pm On Jan 02, 2021
�� Lala never dissapoints.
Re: Black Mamba: The Deadliest Snake In The World - Facts And Pictures by Adakintroy: 7:14pm On Jan 02, 2021
N3cR0mAZc3R:

Lone lions can take them tho. I guess it just depends on the circumstances.

A male lion can but a lioness will be hard-pressed.

Oga stop showing that kind of picture it's insutive Pictures don't tell the whole story..like you said it depends on circumstances.

That bull look underfed. Malnourished, may suffer broken limb or something.

Am talking fully prime male buffalo vs.
Fully prime male lion..there won't even be a fight. the lion won't consider it with those horns hanging. Lion hate injuries. They not stupid. I think many reason lions are revered by observing scienctist is in part due to their natural intelligence. They are not in any way pure brutes as many speculate.

They have this abilities to cutely acess their prey. Bad accesment may spell the end of their hunting careers.they carefully pick Fight mostly they sure the odds are in their favour.

A single Lion is strong. But not strong enough to wrestle a buffalo to the ground. Those things stay on their feet for as long as God know what's. Not like wildebeest that go to ground easy.

1 Like

Re: Black Mamba: The Deadliest Snake In The World - Facts And Pictures by N3cR0mAZc3R(m): 7:19pm On Jan 02, 2021
Adakintroy:

Oga stop showing that kind of picture it's insutive Pictures don't tell the whole story..like you said it depends on circumstances.

That bull look underfed. Malnourished, may suffer broken limb or something.

Am talking fully prime male buffalo vs.
Fully prime male lion..there won't even be a fight. the lion won't consider it with those horns hanging. Lion hate injuries. That will spell the end of their hunting careers..they carefully pick Fight mostly they sure the odds are in their favour.

A single Lion is strong. But not strong enough to wrestle a buffalo to the ground. Those things stay on their feet for as long as God know what's. Not like wildebeest that go to ground easy.

Haha... I have more than one accounts with me but I just don't want to spam the thread with lions taking cape buffalo cause that's not the topic.

Single lions prey on them it's just that most lions lives in prides but lone lions can prey on adult bull capes.
Re: Black Mamba: The Deadliest Snake In The World - Facts And Pictures by Adakintroy: 7:24pm On Jan 02, 2021
N3cR0mAZc3R:

Haha... I have more than one accounts with me but I just don't want to spam the thread with lions taking cape buffalo cause that's not the topic.

Single lions prey on them it's just that most lions lives in prides but lone lions can prey on adult bull capes.

That's not true. picture cool. Footage better.

Show me footages.
Re: Black Mamba: The Deadliest Snake In The World - Facts And Pictures by Zeeknow3245(m): 7:28pm On Jan 02, 2021
The Eastern brown will kill black mamba since it is immune to the deadliest venom likewise King Cobra
Re: Black Mamba: The Deadliest Snake In The World - Facts And Pictures by KnightofMoscow: 7:32pm On Jan 02, 2021
Once saw it in UI zoo
Re: Black Mamba: The Deadliest Snake In The World - Facts And Pictures by N3cR0mAZc3R(m): 7:36pm On Jan 02, 2021
Adakintroy:

That's not true. picture cool. Footage better.

Show me footages.

You do know people can't always be in the right place at the right time right? And moreover most lions are always in prides so it's reasonable to think they will always work together to take any animal down but a lone lion can also do it.

But nonetheless. I got some for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-yhrTnblPE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAg7lAESdK4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBLf9yv7mPg

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Crocodiles In A Zoo In Abeokuta: Fake Or Real? (Photos) / See What A Man In Aba Made Using "I Pass My Neighbour Generator / Dolphins Migrating Through Dolphin Estate, Lagos Caught On Camera By Fishermen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.