Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,149 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:25 AM

Customs Northern Nigeria Muslims Must Abolish - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Customs Northern Nigeria Muslims Must Abolish (3432 Views)

If Obi Had Won Nigeria Muslims May Faced What Gaza Is Currently Facing - Omokri / Abolish Amotekun Now - Yoruba Appraisal Forum Urges Buhari / BBNaija: CLO Tells Buhari To Abolish Big Brother Naija Reality TV Show (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Customs Northern Nigeria Muslims Must Abolish by supercase1(m): 3:03pm On Jan 03, 2021
Crayfish09:

Like I said, the north have accepted its problems while the crime-infested southern region is still living in a fools' paradise. The average inyamuri or Yoruba southerner dies in foreign jails or by foreign bullets, the average child is always contemplating how to kill his parents for money or how to sacrifice his neighbor for rituals. Some of you even eat faeces

https://www.nairaland.com/6084466/yahoo-boy-caught-eating-human

Your criminal nature has reached as far as Thailand, where some cops have begun to ask questions about SOUTHERN Nigerians. Check the list of all Nigerians wanted by interpol or FBI. They are all southern criminals. If a full investigation of the income of all southern Nigerians were made, 99% of your criminal population will end up in jail, and that means your region is far worse than the north.

https://nigeriacircle.com/interrogation-video-of-a-nigerian-arrested-for-drugs-in-thailand-will-make-you-cry/

The Thai police officers says that THE IGBOS ARE A CURSE TO AFRICA

If our problems are as big as mount everest, your problems are as big as the universe because in the north, I only have to worry about distinguished criminals but in the south, even my child can end up killing me for money. It happens everyday. All over Africa, NIGERIANS ARE THE MOST HATED PEOPLE because of you money worshippers, anf that's why I don't feel sad when South Africans or even Asians make barbeque with you people. You are a cancer to humanity and the earlier you realize that, the better for you. And yes, southern Nigerians, especially inyamuris, shall continue to suffer in this nation and abroad until they learn to stop being cultists and ritualists.

In other news, Atheism is taking over the western world and Islam is the fastest rising religion in the world. In USA, Muhammad is one of the most used baby names. Let that sink in
Ethnic Bigot!!!!!just look at your blind analysis so in your mind every southerner is a drug pusher,u just talk like an unexposed bush man from the kalahari deserts of Namibia!!!!
Re: Customs Northern Nigeria Muslims Must Abolish by Crayfish09: 6:53pm On Jan 03, 2021
supercase1:

Ethnic Bigot!!!!!just look at your blind analysis so in your mind every southerner is a drug pusher,u just talk like an unexposed bush man from the kalahari deserts of Namibia!!!!

So in your mind, every corner of the north is a hell-hole when that is totally not the case. I am using your warped, idiotic logic on the south so that you can understand how myopic and extraordinarily stupid you are for making this thread.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Customs Northern Nigeria Muslims Must Abolish by Thegracefulness: 7:11pm On May 26, 2021
Ayaaz:

No matter how bad the north gets, it'll never see the kind of devastation that completely made your people bitter by nature i.e Ojukwu's biafra

Honestly, your people need to heal...you guys are all messed up

But tell me, Ayaaz. Do you think it is their fault that they are bitter? Have you ever sincerely thought about this issue devoid of emotional sentiments? As in, uprooting your Northern roots, and just thinking about the whole Nigerian situation as—say a foreigner, who doesn’t belong to any of the tribes.

Have you ever imagined why the Igbos, for instant, hate and do not trust the other Nigerians—especially the Northerners that orchestrated their slaughter some fifty-something years ago?

They can never forgive the Northern rulers for that one act. The distrust can never heal. The “bitterness” like you call it, can never easily wash off.

These people were branded, starved, slaughtered. But why exactly? And now I’ve been going through your posts a while—I deduced you’re learned, so reason this from an intellectual perspective. Forget the whole political and ethnic sentiments that we Nigerians like to share. Do you know why the Igbos were slaughtered? Nigeria overpowered them in the war. Used the influence of the ruling seat and blocked every form of foreign support. The war was never fair to the Igbos. Now I’m not going to cry more than the bereaved, but I believe the Igbos of Nigeria have every right to be bitter, and mistrusting of the rest of us Nigerians.

Look at what is happening nowadays even. Nobody gives them political power in the big scheme of things. Nobody—and I mean the rest of Nigerians as a whole, how many people in the Federal Sector are Igbos? Talk about job appointments and opportunities. It is strictly restricted from the Igbos. And you know this. I know you know exactly what I’m talking about.

You said you live in Lagos, would you as an honest man, say you’ve not seen Landlords restrict Igbos from renting their apartments? All that because of what? Stereotypical rhetorics that has never helped anybody in the long run.

Do you ever think of it? Do you abhor this unfairness? Ever wish things would be different, or do you—like some other of the Northerners I’ve come across here on this forum, enjoy the hegemony of the Northern elites over the rest of Nigeria?

The Igbos would always be bitter. They feel cheated. Also their leaders are not helping their people. If they come together I’m afraid things would be worse than they actually are right now in this country. Now listen, the reason there’s been no breakaway or secession in this country, is because the Igbos are not united in their quest for it.

And you know why they’re not united? It’s a simple trait. Greed. Because of years of toiling and hardship for them (You’d agree it is really difficult for the average Nigerian to make a breakthrough in this country—talk more of the highly suspected Igbos). And now the very few that have made headway (the politicians), they’re not trying to let go of their grip on these resources. It’s human nature. This greed I’m taking about.

You know that when this country eventually breaks up—if it does, it’s going to be a strategical mess for the both sides. Talk about finances. Talk about restructuring of public institutions. How do they rebuild the currencies. What worth would they attach to them especially in foreign relations. It’s a whole lot of things, I mean. So the majority of these men do not want to let go of this power they have. To the detriment of their kinsmen. I say to the detriment because really, it is to their detriment. I see the Igbos doing better if they’re alone, in a country, managed and mismanaged by themselves.

Trust me, the Igbos are bitter to the bones—rightfully so, and I don’t blame any of them, for one bit.

From the utterances of the leaders of this country, and their undertones, everybody “hates” Easterners. All the katzenjammer, and this people have said; “Okay, we want to be by ourselves,” But ask yourself, Ayaaz, why can’t we let them go?

Good luck to you. I like your thought-process. You seem like a really brilliant man, and I’m not disappointed I took this much time to reply to your messages.
Re: Customs Northern Nigeria Muslims Must Abolish by Nobody: 9:14pm On May 26, 2021
Thegracefulness:

But tell me, Ayaaz. Do you think it is their fault that they are bitter? Have you ever sincerely thought about this issue devoid of emotional sentiments? As in, uprooting your Northern roots, and just thinking about the whole Nigerian situation as—say a foreigner, who doesn’t belong to any of the tribes.

Have you ever imagined why the Igbos, for instant, hate and do not trust the other Nigerians—especially the Northerners that orchestrated their slaughter some fifty-something years ago?

They can never forgive the Northern rulers for that one act. The distrust can never heal. The “bitterness” like you call it, can never easily wash off.

These people were branded, starved, slaughtered. But why exactly? And now I’ve been going through your posts a while—I deduced you’re learned, so reason this from an intellectual perspective. Forget the whole political and ethnic sentiments that we Nigerians like to share. Do you know why the Igbos were slaughtered? Nigeria overpowered them in the war. Used the influence of the ruling seat and blocked every form of foreign support. The war was never fair to the Igbos. Now I’m not going to cry more than the bereaved, but I believe the Igbos of Nigeria have every right to be bitter, and mistrusting of the rest of us Nigerians.

Look at what is happening nowadays even. Nobody gives them political power in the big scheme of things. Nobody—and I mean the rest of Nigerians as a whole, how many people in the Federal Sector are Igbos? Talk about job appointments and opportunities. It is strictly restricted from the Igbos. And you know this. I know you know exactly what I’m talking about.

You said you live in Lagos, would you as an honest man, say you’ve not seen Landlords restrict Igbos from renting their apartments? All that because of what? Stereotypical rhetorics that has never helped anybody in the long run.

Do you ever think of it? Do you abhor this unfairness? Ever wish things would be different, or do you—like some other of the Northerners I’ve come across here on this forum, enjoy the hegemony of the Northern elites over the rest of Nigeria?

The Igbos would always be bitter. They feel cheated. Also their leaders are not helping their people. If they come together I’m afraid things would be worse than they actually are right now in this country. Now listen, the reason there’s been no breakaway or secession in this country, is because the Igbos are not united in their quest for it.

And you know why they’re not united? It’s a simple trait. Greed. Because of years of toiling and hardship for them (You’d agree it is really difficult for the average Nigerian to make a breakthrough in this country—talk more of the highly suspected Igbos). And now the very few that have made headway (the politicians), they’re not trying to let go of their grip on these resources. It’s human nature. This greed I’m taking about.

You know that when this country eventually breaks up—if it does, it’s going to be a strategical mess for the both sides. Talk about finances. Talk about restructuring of public institutions. How do they rebuild the currencies. What worth would they attach to them especially in foreign relations. It’s a whole lot of things, I mean. So the majority of these men do not want to let go of this power they have. To the detriment of their kinsmen. I say to the detriment because really, it is to their detriment. I see the Igbos doing better if they’re alone, in a country, managed and mismanaged by themselves.

Trust me, the Igbos are bitter to the bones—rightfully so, and I don’t blame any of them, for one bit.

From the utterances of the leaders of this country, and their undertones, everybody “hates” Easterners. All the katzenjammer, and this people have said; “Okay, we want to be by ourselves,” But ask yourself, Ayaaz, why can’t we let them go?

Good luck to you. I like your thought-process. You seem like a really brilliant man, and I’m not disappointed I took this much time to reply to your messages.

I appreciate your assessment of my contributions on this forum

With that said, i really have no problem with the Igbos or their agitations, i just believe they need to articulate their case better and present it wholistically, rather than their current way of going gung-ho on everyone

You'll agree with me that in their quest for 'freedom', they've literally come for everyone, even those who would naturally be sympathetic to their cause, thereby isolating themselves e.g they've alienated Yorubas, Niger Deltans, North central people, not to talk of other Northerners, who to them are the enemy

I generally don't comment on biafra threads, even in real life, because i believe that it's personal to them and isn't my issue

I'm not interested in challenging any of the points you've raised, i just believe they need fo do a better job....datz all

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Customs Northern Nigeria Muslims Must Abolish by Gireiboy(m): 10:23pm On May 26, 2021
Thegracefulness:

What is happening to the Igbo's is simply a price the pay or will continue to pay in perpetuity of course! for killing our revered Sardauna and Tafawa Balewa. If you're someone that truly knows the Fulani's, then you should know also that "forgiving and forgetting" is not our thing.
Re: Customs Northern Nigeria Muslims Must Abolish by Thegracefulness: 7:03am On May 27, 2021
Gireiboy:

What is happening to the Igbo's is simply a price the pay or will continue to pay in perpetuity of course! for killing our revered Sardauna and Tafawa Balewa. If you're someone that truly knows the Fulani's, then you should know also that "forgiving and forgetting" is not our thing.

Gireiboy, now read my words attentively, as if you’ve never read about the coup before.

The “Igbos” killed your revered leaders. Do you understand that they were also “our” revered leaders? When I mean our, I mean the rest of us Nigerians, who are not also Northerners or Easterners. The Northern elites divided this country after the first coup. Just listen to me. We were always “Nigerians” first. After the successful almagamation, the Southerners, and mostly the Easterners trooped in to the North for residential and business purposes. Do you know why? It is because the Easterners (just like everybody would), naturally like a people who are comforting and welcoming. I’ve lived in the North, I can categorically tell you that the Northerners are one of the most hospitable people in this world. It is indisputable.

Gireiboy, do you know how a “coup” works? You have to kill the “leaders” in order to be successful. And unfairly enough, the leaders of that time—just like it’s happening now, what tribe were they from? They were Hausas. But don’t stop at this. Do you think they were no Igbo or Yoruba rulers killed during that 1966 coup?

The very few who were lucky to be appointed —just as it is now also, talk about Festus Okotie-Eboh? What about Samuel Akintola? What about Lt. Col Arthur Unegbe? Ralph Shodeinde? I could go on and on mentioning, but nothing could change your mind if you have already made it up.

And do you know what happened after that coup? Some of the Northern elites, the bad leaders amongst them who have never truly actually wanted the success of this country, those ones who were comfortably stealing the resources for themselves and their families—just like now too, deceived and cajoled the rest of the North into believing the coup was against the North. Meanwhile the coup was just a coup. That is what happens in the military, when a certain regime becomes corrupt and failing, like the Abubakar Tafawa Balewa’s regime was doing. Ministers were living exorbitantly flamboyant lifestyles, Civilians were looting from public treasuries—again, just like it is happening now too.

Those particular Northern elders did not want to let go of their loot. Now listen to me, the counter coup was not for you or I’s benefit. It was for their own pockets. The loots they had gathered. It would always be for their benefits. When they tell you EndSars is against the North, it is for their benefits, so you do not allow the rest of Nigerians stop their lootings. When they tell you anybody criticising the President is against the North, it is for their benefits, so you don’t allow anybody stop their looting.

Unfortunately, to their detriments, the Northerners have always been a meek and obedient people. They pay so much homage and respect to their institutions and elders. That is why they got carried away and turned against the rest of Nigerians—also killing innocent Igbo civilians cohabiting peacefully amongst them in the villages in Kano, Kaduna and the rest. But why did we leave politics and involve the innocent civilians? Why the brutal killings and bloodshed of the same Igbos that found comfort in the arms of Northerners for years prior to that coup? That was the beginning of the trouble. The beginning of the suspicion the Igbos had for the rest of us Nigerians. They believed if the very same North they could trust to be meek, could turn out to orchestrate such a massacre of this calibre, then they’d rather be by themselves.

Now I’m not exempting the blame from the Igbos also. Majority of them on this forum are just vomiting rhetorics from their greedy leaders who are also benefiting from the anarchy in the country. Majority of them are not thinking for themselves. Why are we listening to these men even? What are we benefiting?? Everything that has happened, happened because of “Politics” and we’re letting this same politics ruin us again. Listening to elders and leaders who don’t truly care about if we’re surviving but only to secure the wealth they’ve looted.

Gireiboy, I hope you think about these things I’ve said with a clear mind. Nigeria could be better. But first of all, we need to remove this mindset of Us v. Them. And think for ourselves, without paying mind to individuals that are being influenced by politicians, and also paying mind to our politicians.
Re: Customs Northern Nigeria Muslims Must Abolish by vanunu: 7:08am On May 27, 2021
donbachi:
If the awareness that is in other regions.should get to the north.most of their men wont even marry 2 wives.talkless of 4..education in the north,is nothing to write about.in every 10 abokis,only 2 can speak pidgin english.and not fluently..its pathetic.

Allow them , it is not your business , you no Wan dem to enjoy woman.
Re: Customs Northern Nigeria Muslims Must Abolish by orisa37: 7:47am On May 27, 2021
BOKO. HARAM

BOKO MEANS BIBLE AND OTHER BOOKS PROJECTING WESTERN CIVILIZATION. THEIR LIVES MUST BE ARABIC OF SAUDI ARABIAN AND NORTH AFRICAN ORIENTATION.

HARAM MEANS MACBAN'S PLOT.
Re: Customs Northern Nigeria Muslims Must Abolish by orisa37: 7:50am On May 27, 2021
AsiwajuNdigbo:
Northern Nigeria or Arewa, which one?

MACBAN.
Re: Customs Northern Nigeria Muslims Must Abolish by Goddyj(m): 8:13am On May 27, 2021
I think drug abuse is the biggest problem the north faces. An average northen youth consumes one form of hard drug or another on daily basis.
Re: Customs Northern Nigeria Muslims Must Abolish by Aufbauh(m): 9:01am On May 27, 2021
Thegracefulness:

Gireiboy, now read my words attentively, as if you’ve never read about the coup before.

The “Igbos” killed your revered leaders. Do you understand that they were also “our” revered leaders? When I mean our, I mean the rest of us Nigerians, who are not also Northerners or Easterners. The Northern elites divided this country after the first coup. Just listen to me. We were always “Nigerians” first. After the successful almagamation, the Southerners, and mostly the Easterners trooped in to the North for residential and business purposes. Do you know why? It is because the Easterners (just like everybody would), naturally like a people who are comforting and welcoming. I’ve lived in the North, I can categorically tell you that the Northerners are one of the most hospitable people in this world. It is indisputable.

Gireiboy, do you know how a “coup” works? You have to kill the “leaders” in order to be successful. And unfairly enough, the leaders of that time—just like it’s happening now, what tribe were they from? They were Hausas. But don’t stop at this. Do you think they were no Igbo or Yoruba rulers killed during that 1966 coup?

The very few who were lucky to be appointed —just as it is now also, talk about Festus Okotie-Eboh? What about Samuel Akintola? What about Lt. Col Arthur Unegbe? Ralph Shodeinde? I could go on and on mentioning, but nothing could change your mind if you have already made it up.

And do you know what happened after that coup? Some of the Northern elites, the bad leaders amongst them who have never truly actually wanted the success of this country, those ones who were comfortably stealing the resources for themselves and their families—just like now too, deceived and cajoled the rest of the North into believing the coup was against the North. Meanwhile the coup was just a coup.

I've followed your responses to those Northern guys who have make their point. However it'll be near impossible to believe that you don't have an Igbo blood going by your one sided defense and premeditated disposition.

From a neutral perspective I feel the unfortunate massacre and counter coup was ocassioned or aggravated primarily by the taunting of the dead (those northern leaders killed in the coup) by the igbos across board.
You don't killed people's revered leaders and still mock them by taunting the dead. That's an aggravation!
Same thing the Ipob is still doing and majority of them are egging when the so call UGM strike police formation.
Let's also not be too smart to think that the coup that led to the killings of Northern and Western leaders mostly was a mere coincidence.

Having said this, I thought the Igbos are majorly Christians and forgiveness is one of the Lord's creed. So bearing the grievances of over 50 years of their ancestors on their innocent offsprings is an aberration and misplaced.

Agreed that the Igbos have not be fairly treated afterwards, but i feel they contributed majorly to their present ordeal and fate.Their dispositios, actions and engagement over the years and still ongoing have not and will not help their course. That's why anti-Igbo sentiment is shared by most tribes in Nigeria and even abroad.
Re: Customs Northern Nigeria Muslims Must Abolish by Thegracefulness: 9:28am On May 27, 2021
Aufbauh:

I've followed your responses to those Northern guys who have make their point. However it'll be near impossible to believe that you don't have an Igbo blood going by your one sided defense and premeditated disposition.

From a neutral perspective I feel the unfortunate massacre and counter coup was ocassioned or aggravated primarily by the taunting of the dead (those northern leaders killed in the coup) by the igbos across board.
You don't killed people's revered leaders and still mock them by taunting the dead. That's an aggravation!
Same thing the Ipob is still doing and majority of them are egging when the so call UGM strike police formation.
Let's also not be too smart to think that the coup that led to the killings of Northern and Western leaders mostly was a mere coincidence.

Having said this, I thought the Igbos are majorly Christians and forgiveness is one of the Lord's creed. So bearing the grievances of over 50 years of their ancestors on their innocent offsprings is an aberration and misplaced.

Agreed that the Igbos have not be fairly treated afterwards, but i feel they contributed majorly to their present ordeal and fate.Their dispositios, actions and engagement over the years and still ongoing have not and will not help their course. That's why anti-Igbo sentiment is shared by most tribes in Nigeria and even abroad.

Aufbauh, you are wrong when you insinuate that because of my utterances here, I must have Igbo ties. Contrary to what you may want to believe, I am not an Igbo man. I am from a tribe in the Southern Part of the country. However, years of mindless and anti-sympathetic analysis of the dearth of intertribal relationships in the country, has brought me to understand some of the things I interpolated here. I may also have an advanced degree relating to Political Sciences.

Now, to your commentary, how can you say the Igbos—because they claim to be Christians, should “forgive and forget” and then in the very next breath, admit that surely, since after the war they’ve not been treated fairly.

If you carefully read my response, you’d see that I did not wholly exonerate the Igbos from blames I threw.

Nigeria is intentionally not being fair to the Igbos. Could it be fear? Or distrust? Or a guilty conscience? I don’t know.

Also, how can you say the counter coup was occasioned “primarily” by the taunting of dead Northerners by the Igbos? I’d advise that you go and read “Why We Struck” by Adewale Ademoyega.

Well, at this juncture, I’d choose not to reply on this thread anymore. For the sake of not flaring tempers, because this seems to be such a controversial topic that years of brainwashing, blame-gaming and guilt tripping has eroded the actual facts of the incident. I wish you goodluck.
Re: Customs Northern Nigeria Muslims Must Abolish by Gireiboy(m): 4:33pm On May 27, 2021
Aufbauh:

Thank you very much! these is what we call an unbiased comment.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Breaking News!! Umahi To Quit APC Barely 2months After Porting From PDP. / Yoruba, Igbo Betrayed S/South, N-Delta Won't Support Kanu & Igboho —Senator Owie / Ukrainian Man 'on Stroll In Forest' Finds And Claims £15million Russian Tank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.