Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,051 members, 7,821,620 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:53 PM

The Holy Spirit Is Jesus! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Holy Spirit Is Jesus! (1089 Views)

The Holy Spirit Is Omnipotent, Omnipresent And Omniscient / The Holy Spirit Is Still At Work / Is Jesus God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Holy Spirit Is Jesus! by bingbagbo(m): 4:12am On Jan 02, 2021
Acts 20:28

Therefore take heed to yourselves and to all the flock, among which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to shepherd the church of God which He purchased with His own blood.

The Holy Spirit (God Almighty) Bought the Church with His Own Blood. Halleluyah.

A gentleman asked the other time on this platform that , what is the name.of the Holy Spirit? I loved the question.

In Matthew 28:19, Jesus directed His disciples to baptise in THE NAME (Singular) of The Father and of The Son and of The Holy Spirit. Go through the scriptures especially the Book of Acts (Acts 2:38, Acts 19:5, Colossians 3:17, Acts 10:48) ; you will know that the disciples baptised in the Name of Jesus. The Name of The Father, and Of The Son and of The Holy Spirit is Jesus!

The Father, Son and Holy Spirit are no names but TITLES; just like one person could be The Farmer, Father and Husband. May the Lord grant you understanding.
Re: The Holy Spirit Is Jesus! by HelpYourself(m): 4:33am On Jan 02, 2021
[s]
bingbagbo:

Therefore take heed to yourselves and to all the flock, among which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to shepherd the church of God which He purchased with His own blood.

The Holy Spirit (God Almighty) Bought the Church with His Own Blood. Halleluyah.

A gentleman asked the other time on this platform that , what is the name.of the Holy Spirit? I loved the question.

In Matthew 28:19, Jesus directed His disciples to baptise in THE NAME (Singular) of The Father and of The Son and of The Holy Spirit. Go through the scriptures especially the Book of Acts (Acts 2:38, Acts 19:5, Colossians 3:17, Acts 10:48) ; you will know that the disciples baptised in the Name of Jesus. The Name of The Father, and Of The Son and of The Holy Spirit is Jesus!

The Father, Son and Holy Spirit are no names but TITLES; just like one person could be The Farmer, Father and Husband. May the Lord grant you understanding.
[/s]

The holy spirit and Jesus are not the same don't mislead people sir

Spend less time trying preach and more time living a godly life that will inspire others to live a good life too

That's what it.means to be truly christ like

1 Like

Re: The Holy Spirit Is Jesus! by bingbagbo(m): 4:44am On Jan 02, 2021
GofuckYourself:
[s][/s]

Spend less time trying preach and more time living a godly life that will inspire others to live a good life too

Lol

May God have mercy on you
Re: The Holy Spirit Is Jesus! by HelpYourself(m): 5:39am On Jan 02, 2021
bingbagbo:

Lol

May God have mercy on you

grin

Oh how nice of you

We all need his mercy

Fix your life my friend

Live a truly good life

Stop the con

1 Like

Re: The Holy Spirit Is Jesus! by Galatians: 6:24am On Jan 02, 2021
Okay, so who is the Comforter?

1 Like

Re: The Holy Spirit Is Jesus! by bingbagbo(m): 8:27am On Jan 02, 2021
Galatians:

Good Question

May the Lord grant you understanding

John 14:6
[6] Jesus said to him, “ I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

NB: Jesus is the TRUTH

John 14:17
the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you.

NB: Do you see the Holy Spirit is the Spirit of Truth? Jesus stated in verse 6 that He is Truth. The Holy Spirit is Jesus . Now the Lord is the Spirit and where the Spirit of God is, there is Liberty.

When Jesus was telling His disciples about the Holy Spirit, He told them they (disciples) knew Him (The Holy Spirit) for He (The Holy Spirit) dwelled with them. Lol, and you guys can't still see?

1 Like

Re: The Holy Spirit Is Jesus! by bingbagbo(m): 8:33am On Jan 02, 2021
GofuckYourself:

grin

Oh how nice of you

We all need his mercy

Fix your life my friend

Live a truly good life

Stop the con

2 Corinthians 3:15-17

[15] But even to this day, when Moses is read, a veil lies on their heart.

[16] Nevertheless when one turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away.

[17] Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is , there is liberty.

The Lord Jesus is the Holy Spirit; but with a veiled heart you wouldn't know. Mercy!

1 Like

Re: The Holy Spirit Is Jesus! by HelpYourself(m): 8:36am On Jan 02, 2021
[s]
bingbagbo:

2 Corinthians 3:15-17

[15] But even to this day, when Moses is read, a veil lies on their heart.

[16] Nevertheless when one turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away.

[17] Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is , there is liberty.

The Lord Jesus is the Holy Spirit; but with a veiled heart you wouldn't know. Mercy!
[/s]

No he is not
Spiritual con man

grin
Re: The Holy Spirit Is Jesus! by bingbagbo(m): 8:48am On Jan 02, 2021
GofuckYourself:
[s][/s]

No he is not
Spiritual con man

grin

May the Lord grant you understanding bro, I love you cheesy
Re: The Holy Spirit Is Jesus! by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:01am On Jan 02, 2021
Jesus said so many things using idioms, illustrations and symbols. Most people just read his words but forgot he promised to send teachers out who will continue teaching his baptised disciples! Matthew 28:20

It's only those who are able to IDENTIFY Jesus' group that can understand what the Holy Spirit stands for and benefit from it's WORKS!

There is no person coming after Jesus to comfort the Christians, Jesus was referring to the ACTIVE FORCE of God that will help his followers think in the right direction when they read God's word, of course this will lead to good results {James 2:18-26} but in the gathering of those who feels they don't need Jesus' arrangement of chosen few to teach them, they will continue to argue and argue and argue among themselves yet no positive result will suffice! Luke 11:23 smiley

Galatians:

Re: The Holy Spirit Is Jesus! by HelpYourself(m): 9:02am On Jan 02, 2021
bingbagbo:

May the Lord grant you understanding bro, I love you cheesy

I love you indeed

We should have lunch some time.

I want to talk more with you

2 Likes

Re: The Holy Spirit Is Jesus! by AntiChristian: 9:03am On Jan 02, 2021
grin

It seems most Christians don't even recognize their God.

Jesus is God.
Father is God.
Spirit is God.
All three are one God.
Jesus is son of Man.
Sin against son or father can be forgiven but that of the spirit is unforgivable yet the three are one!

Jesus said "My father is greater than i".

When Jesus was about to die, he said "My Lord, My Lord... Was he calling on himself?

Likewise, when Jesus was about to be baptized by John, a voice came from heaven " This is my beloved son in whom I'm well pleased? Jesus talking to himself again.

Jesus said "I of my own can do nothing".

Jesus was asked of the hour which he doesn't know and claimed only the father knows, not the son nor even the spirit or any one else. But these three Gods remain one. Well some Christians like Ps. Oyakhilome, etc know the hour today.

Around Mathew 20:20, Jesus affirmed that only the father can put people to sit beside him in heaven. He doesn't have such power.

The Bible is filled with many negations to your assertions.

1 Like

Re: The Holy Spirit Is Jesus! by Galatians: 10:11am On Jan 02, 2021
bingbagbo:

Good Question

May the Lord grant you understanding

John 14:6
[6] Jesus said to him, “ I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

NB: Jesus is the TRUTH

John 14:17
the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you.

NB: Do you see the Holy Spirit is the Spirit of Truth? Jesus stated in verse 6 that He is Truth. The Holy Spirit is Jesus . Now the Lord is the Spirit and where the Spirit of God is, there is Liberty.

When Jesus was telling His disciples about the Holy Spirit, He told them they (disciples) knew Him (The Holy Spirit) for He (The Holy Spirit) dwelled with them. Lol, and you guys can't still see?

The Comforter is the Holy Spirit whom Jesus promised to send to His disciples.

Jesus is the Son of God.
Re: The Holy Spirit Is Jesus! by bingbagbo(m): 11:17am On Jan 02, 2021
GofuckYourself:

I love you indeed

We should have lunch some time.

I want to talk more with you

Anytime my brother

1 Like

Re: The Holy Spirit Is Jesus! by Jman24(m): 11:33am On Jan 02, 2021
GofuckYourself:
[s][/s]

You see how at times I begin to question man made religion. Someone spelt out something black and white and you say the ain't the same?. Is it that I didn't learn my English language well in school or what?

First, the 'He' was used to address the holy Spirit meaning he is personified.
Second, he shed his blood( the only person that shed his blood on the cross for mankind according to christians is Jesus unless you are saying otherwise
Third, if you say the holy Spirit and Jesus ain't the same then it finally confirms my fear that all these stories were created by men

1 Like

Re: The Holy Spirit Is Jesus! by HelpYourself(m): 11:37am On Jan 02, 2021
Jman24:

You see how at times I begin to question man made religion. Someone spelt out something black and white and you say the ain't the same?. Is it that I didn't learn my English language well in school or what?

Second, he shed his blood( the only person that shed his blood on the cross for mankind according to christians is Jesus unless you are saying otherwise
Third, if you say the holy Spirit and Jesus ain't the same then it finally confirms my fear that all these stories were created by men

Hahahaha

My man they are not the same

Have a great day
Re: The Holy Spirit Is Jesus! by Jman24(m): 11:39am On Jan 02, 2021
GofuckYourself:

Hahahaha

Have a great day

Hahahaha .. you know where I'm going.
White man don use black man head tire
Re: The Holy Spirit Is Jesus! by Ihedinobi3: 12:44pm On Jan 02, 2021
bingbagbo:

Hi.

I'm quoting your post for reference purposes, so please feel free to ignore my comment. It is not really meant to address you although it will address what you have said. You may respond if you please, but I may not carry on the conversation, since this is a fundamental break in our (yours and mine) common claim to faith in Christ and we have proven in the past that our views cannot be reconciled.

16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever— 17 the Spirit of truth.
John 14:16-17a (NIV)

The above passage is self-explanatory. Obviously, the Lord Jesus is not the Father or the Spirit. These are different Persons from Him Who share the same divine essence with Him. They are all God, but they are separate Persons from One Another. The whole Bible bears this out. The following passage is further proof.

17 The reason my Father loves me is that I lay down my life —only to take it up again. 18 No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. This command I received from my Father.”
John 10:17-18 (NIV)

It is not impossible to twist the Scriptures to teach all manner of lies. This is one reason that James warns us not to aspire to be teachers. Not everyone has the gift of teaching. And even among those who do, the training and testing that are necessary to come into full-fledged ministry often prevent some of us from ever becoming pastor-teachers. So, the fact that someone can post Bible passages and insist that they mean this or that is not conclusive proof that they know what they are talking about.

...our beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given to him, has written to you, 16 as also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which untaught and unstable people twist to their own destruction, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures.
2 Peter 3:15b-16 (NKJV)
Re: The Holy Spirit Is Jesus! by bingbagbo(m): 12:47pm On Jan 02, 2021
Jman24:

@Bolded: Bless you bro

1 Like

Re: The Holy Spirit Is Jesus! by bingbagbo(m): 1:14pm On Jan 02, 2021
Ihedinobi3:

Hi.

I'm quoting your post for reference purposes, so please feel free to ignore my comment. It is not really meant to address you although it will address what you have said. You may respond if you please, but I may not carry on the conversation, since this is a fundamental break in our (yours and mine) common claim to faith in Christ and we have proven in the past that our views cannot be reconciled.

16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever— 17 the Spirit of truth.
John 14:16-17a (NIV)

The above passage is self-explanatory. Obviously, the Lord Jesus is not the Father or the Spirit. These are different Persons from Him Who share the same divine essence with Him. They are all God, but they are separate Persons from One Another. The whole Bible bears this out. The following passage is further proof.

17 The reason my Father loves me is that I lay down my life —only to take it up again. 18 No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. This command I received from my Father.”
John 10:17-18 (NIV)

It is not impossible to twist the Scriptures to teach all manner of lies. This is one reason that James warns us not to aspire to be teachers. Not everyone has the gift of teaching. And even among those who do, the training and testing that are necessary to come into full-fledged ministry often prevent some of us from ever becoming pastor-teachers. So, the fact that someone can post Bible passages and insist that they mean this or that is not conclusive proof that they know what they are talking about.

...our beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given to him, has written to you, 16 as also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which untaught and unstable people twist to their own destruction, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures.
2 Peter 3:15b-16 (NKJV)

2 Corinthians 3:17
Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is , there is liberty.

Is the above in your Bible?

1 Like

Re: The Holy Spirit Is Jesus! by Tisini: 1:54pm On Jan 02, 2021
GofuckYourself:

Hahahaha

Have a great day
can you please open a topic to talk about Jesus and the misconception about him
Re: The Holy Spirit Is Jesus! by Ihedinobi3: 2:33pm On Jan 02, 2021
bingbagbo:

2 Corinthians 3:17
Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is , there is liberty.

Is the above in your Bible?

This passage above is actually one of the most explicit passages that teach that, contrary to the claims of the Jehovah's Witnesses sect, for example, the Holy Spirit is both a Person and is also God. The Greek word used here is kyrios which was also the New Testament term for the Hebrew YHWH in the Old Testament in addition to other things.

As we know, YHWH was vocalized adonai which is the word most commonly translated both "lord" and "master" in the Old Testament in English versions of the Bible. So the use of kyrios here makes clear that the Holy Spirit is just as much God as Jesus and the Father both are.

An important point to keep in mind here is that Scriptures do not break each other. They all agree. So rejecting the witness of a part of the Bible ostensibly in favor of another one or to subordinate one to the other is a good way to end up in serious error.

This passage here only teaches that the Holy Spirit is also God by using the same title for God that the Father gave to Moses for His Identification to the Hebrews. It does not teach that the Holy Spirit is the same Person as Jesus Christ, especially not when other Scriptures clearly teach that He is not.
Re: The Holy Spirit Is Jesus! by bingbagbo(m): 2:37pm On Jan 02, 2021
Ihedinobi3:

This passage above is actually one of the most explicit passages that teach that, contrary to the claims of the Jehovah's Witnesses sect, for example, the Holy Spirit is both a Person and is also God. The Greek word used here is kyrios which was also the New Testament term for the Hebrew YHWH in the Old Testament in addition to other things.

As we know, YHWH was vocalized adonai which is the word most commonly translated both "lord" and "master" in the Old Testament in English versions of the Bible. So the use of kyrios here makes clear that the Holy Spirit is just as much God as Jesus and the Father both are.

An important point to keep in mind here is that Scriptures do not break each other. They all agree. So rejecting the witness of a part of the Bible ostensibly in favor of another one or to subordinate one to the other is a good way to end up in serious error.

This passage here only teaches that the Holy Spirit is also God by using the same title for God that the Father gave to Moses for His Identification to the Hebrews. It does not teach that the Holy Spirit is the same Person as Jesus Christ, especially not when other Scriptures clearly teach that He is not.

John 14:8-9

[8]Philip said to Him, “Lord, show us the Father, and it is sufficient for us.”

[9]Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you so long, and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say, ‘Show us the Father’?

You can't accept this truth because The Spirit is not in you. You must be born again, bro

1 Like

Re: The Holy Spirit Is Jesus! by Ihedinobi3: 2:51pm On Jan 02, 2021
bingbagbo:

[9]Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you so long, and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say, ‘Show us the Father’?

You can't accept this truth because The Spirit is not in you. You must be born again, bro

And, of course, since Jesus is God just like the Father is God, dealing with One is dealing with the Other. Seeing Jesus is seeing the Father. No one will get anything different from the Father than they would have got from Jesus. This still does not mean that the two are one person. It only means that they are the same kind of person.

As I said, don't worry about me. I am happy to teach what I have learned and let those who have ears hear. To be born again at this point would make it being born a third time. It sounds like apostasy to me. So I have no plan to accommodate it in my life. That is why I urged you not to bother to change my mind. My answers are not for you, because I don't believe you are looking for any answers. So please ignore me and continue to believe and teach what you like. The reward for that is between you and the Lord.
Re: The Holy Spirit Is Jesus! by HelpYourself(m): 3:05pm On Jan 02, 2021
Tisini:
can you please open a topic to talk about Jesus and the misconception about him

Okay that's a fine idea

I will do that
Re: The Holy Spirit Is Jesus! by Tisini: 3:34pm On Jan 02, 2021
GofuckYourself:

Okay that's a fine idea

I will do that
looking forward,
Re: The Holy Spirit Is Jesus! by bingbagbo(m): 4:02pm On Jan 02, 2021
Ihedinobi3:

And, of course, since Jesus is God just like the Father is God, dealing with One is dealing with the Other. Seeing Jesus is seeing the Father. No one will get anything different from the Father than they would have got from Jesus. This still does not mean that the two are one person. It only means that they are the same kind of person.

As I said, don't worry about me. I am happy to teach what I have learned and let those who have ears hear. To be born again at this point would make it being born a third time. It sounds like apostasy to me. So I have no plan to accommodate it in my life. That is why I urged you not to bother to change my mind. My answers are not for you, because I don't believe you are looking for any answers. So please ignore me and continue to believe and teach what you like. The reward for that is between you and the Lord.

1 Like

Re: The Holy Spirit Is Jesus! by Ihedinobi3: 4:37pm On Jan 02, 2021
bingbagbo:

What more is there to say? Should the Lord Jesus have said something different to demonstrate that He and the Father were of one kind? Maybe the Scriptures could have put it some other way, but we do have other Scriptures to make sure that we don't fall into the madness of the lie that the Father and Jesus are the same person. So this Scripture stands exactly as written: the Lord Jesus, the Father, and the Holy Spirit are all the same kind of Person. However things turn out with One is how they will turn out with the Other.

I have nothing more to say. As I said, please believe and teach what you like.
Re: The Holy Spirit Is Jesus! by Jman24(m): 4:52pm On Jan 02, 2021
Ihedinobi3:

My brother. You are also confirming my fears that Jesus is just like other Messengers of God. Because most of them behaved alike in their prophecies, teaches and miracle works). Meaning that You(Jesus) can't be God if you are "a kind of him" according to you insinuations.

So hope you can accept this reality you have just submitted? Else I don't know how we will see clear English language and twist it.

Seems 'God is spirit' looks more authentic and widely acceptable. The whole confusion if you notice is in the other factor Jesus ( meaning, something must be wrong somewhere)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Holy Spirit Is Jesus! by bingbagbo(m): 5:02pm On Jan 02, 2021
Ihedinobi3:

What more is there to say? Should the Lord Jesus have said something different to demonstrate that He and the Father were of one kind? Maybe the Scriptures could have put it some other way, but we do have other Scriptures to make sure that we don't fall into tly as written: the Lord Jesus, the Father, and the Holy Spirit are all the same kind of Person. However things turn out with One is how they will turn out with the Other.

I have nothing more to say. As I said, please believe and teach what you like.

Acts 9:4-5

[4]Then he fell to the ground, and heard a voice saying to him, “Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting Me?”

[5]And he said, “Who are You, Lord?” Then the Lord said, “I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting. It is hard for you to kick against the goads.”

You must be born again
Re: The Holy Spirit Is Jesus! by Ihedinobi3: 5:48pm On Jan 02, 2021
Jman24:

My brother. You are also confirming my fears that Jesus is just like other Messengers of God. Because most of them behaved alike in their prophecies, teaches and miracle works). Meaning that You(Jesus) can't be God if you are "a kind of him" according to you insinuations.

So hope you can accept this reality you have just submitted? Else I don't know how we will see clear English language and twist it.

Seems 'God is spirit' looks more authentic and widely acceptable. The whole confusion if you notice is in the other factor Jesus ( meaning, something must be wrong somewhere)

Hi there.

I'm afraid I don't understand. Where did I say that Jesus was "a kind of God"?

God is Spirit, of course. I'm not sure what confusion there is in that. What that means is just that God is not made of any material that this creation is made of. The "substance" of God is Spirit. This is true of all Persons of God -- of the Father, of Jesus, and of the Holy Spirit. They are all Spirit. The difference with Jesus is that He also acquired a created nature so He is both Spirit and human unlike the other Two.
Re: The Holy Spirit Is Jesus! by Ihedinobi3: 5:50pm On Jan 02, 2021
bingbagbo:

Acts 9:4-5

[4]Then he fell to the ground, and heard a voice saying to him, “Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting Me?”

[5]And he said, “Who are You, Lord?” Then the Lord said, “I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting. It is hard for you to kick against the goads.”

You must be born again

I'm not sure what bearing that that has on anything here. Should we expect something else from that passage? I think not.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Testimony I Heard In Church Yesterday / But The Mustard Seed Is Not The Smallest Of All Seeds... / Is Doctrine Important In Your Faith?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.