Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,236 members, 7,836,131 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:18 PM

Railway Transformation In Nigeria (Photos, Video) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Railway Transformation In Nigeria (Photos, Video) (37426 Views)

Karu Waterfall Abuja: Is This The Most Beautiful Waterfall In Nigeria? (Photos) / Dubai Tram: Why Don't We Have This Mode Of Public Transport In Nigeria? (Photos) / Roads In Dubai Vs Roads In Nigeria (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Railway Transformation In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by Slurity(m): 8:15pm On Jan 02, 2021
Oharina:
Rubbish, always developing the sharia north with the money coming from old eastern region and marginalising them at same time.
The Old eastern region are there own problem, Buhari has done for Eastern part of this country than any past government despite the fact that you are wrong to say money coming from eastern part. The state's generating money most for this country are in the south south and they all get extra 13% of the money generated that other states that don't produce crude oil don't get. So tell us how eastern is been marginalised?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Railway Transformation In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by Golan007: 8:16pm On Jan 02, 2021
Nato008:

wow.....are u for real now?
so when u travel out and see 24/7 power supply or see good roads..or where the govt knows what to do to make lives of The citizens beta..u appreciate the issues we have here?

Yes.

We didnt invent electricity (1882) they did.

We didnt invent paved roads or trains(circa 1904), they did.

We neither had Buhari nor Azikiwe in charge when all this happened.

What does this mean? We as a people, are not inventive and only consumers.

As a people we are still quite primitive and far behind in critical thinking and seeking solutions.

What you've been doing since 1999, if you are old enough or 2015 is what you have brought into 2021 yet you believe something would change.

Continue.
Re: Railway Transformation In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by CaptainFM1: 8:17pm On Jan 02, 2021
When are they going to bring Electric train, MagLev or Hyperloop 500years from now?

Why is it so difficult to just take the latest technology
Re: Railway Transformation In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by Miracle1991: 8:17pm On Jan 02, 2021
sulaak:

Invest in human capital first...education and healthcare.
Then invest in productive industries such as agriculture, refineries, and steel plants finally invest in rails.

Without the human capital who will maintain and use the railways....the unemployable youths that are now working as kidnappers, prostitutes, hoodlums, and militants.
when another person come let him do that. Had it been PDP focused on either human or infrastructure by now buhari would have focused on another thing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Railway Transformation In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by Tekrify(m): 8:20pm On Jan 02, 2021
You are not making a single sense at all...
Apart from this ...do u know so many projects that are being built with loans...the 2nd Niger bridge isn't 100 percent from government...why where the loans taken from banks and other investors not limited..what about Lagos Ibadan express road....
FG never borrowed money for warri itakpe rail line so how come it was completed and commissioned last year... many roads are being built by funds derived from sukuk bonds...u think if they were supposed to be looted it won't be done...it has little to do with the source of the loan...after all the Money is handled by the ministry of finance ( according to amaechi)
Your not making sense at all
COMPAQ:

The only reason why this money was not stolen is because it was aloan from China. And not the type of loan where they disburse cash, but the type of loan where the value is agreed and then the Chinese contractor does the work to specified standard.

That is the reason why the work was done quickly, so that China can start counting the loan very quickly. If it had been handled directly by the Ministry via contracting, it would never have seen the light of day.

Point I'm making is that it has less to do with Buhari or even Amsechi management skills and just the nature of the loan.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Railway Transformation In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by Golan007: 8:20pm On Jan 02, 2021
CaptainFM1:
When are they going to bring Electric train, MagLev or Hyperloop 500years from now?

Why is it so difficult to just take the latest technology

Which state in the USA has implemented hyperloop for mass transit?
Re: Railway Transformation In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by Tekrify(m): 8:23pm On Jan 02, 2021
3 actually...
Warri itakpe..
Buhari handled 2 economically viable raillines..
Idiot Jonathan built Kaduna to Abuja that has little economical contribution..
There is no such thing as Kaduna to Ibadan..
Blaim OBASANJO...this plans where introduce during his time...and he didn't lay a single block
Jaqenhghar:
Just 2 railway lines
Lagos -Ibadan
Kaduna -Ibadan
And you are jubilating. SMH
Its easy to fool Niggerians

1 Like

Re: Railway Transformation In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by Tekrify(m): 8:24pm On Jan 02, 2021
3 actually...
Warri itakpe..
Buhari handled 2 economically viable raillines..
Idiot Jonathan built Kaduna to Abuja that has little economical contribution..
There is no such thing as Kaduna to Ibadan..
Blaim OBASANJO..this plans where introduce during his time...and he didn't lay a single block
Jaqenhghar:
Just 2 railway lines
Lagos -Ibadan
Kaduna -Ibadan

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Railway Transformation In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by Tekrify(m): 8:26pm On Jan 02, 2021
What we need next is power...
Nothing has changed since 1914..even if it only Lagos I wanna power 247...I have given atleast 10 % of Nigerians 24\7 power..den expand to other states...

We have seen a few good work on a few important federal road, railline, airport... government should give us hope for power
film3four:
Railway transformation has hit Nigeria. For the first time in almost 60yrs, Nigeria railway is getting a massive makeover. This is a new Nigeria.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTf0VjfqVtk

1 Like

Re: Railway Transformation In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by CaptainFM1: 8:37pm On Jan 02, 2021
Golan007:

Which state in the USA has implemented hyperloop for mass transit?

Great Nations take front sit in technology development. Shame to our current leaders....they are always late in everything. Need I remind you that when Awolowo brought Television to Western Nigeria, France as a country has no TV station. That was how proactive we were before!

We

Why did you pick USA? The system has been tested as the 6th form of transportation. We mustn't be the last to try any new technology. Forward thinking cities like Dubai and Maharashtra has approved the development of Hyperloop for their cities. Development takes a while and the earlier we start the better.

Even Trams are not available anywhere in the country? This is 2021, we really need to have a serious thought about the administration of this country.

Is Electricity a rocket science? We just lack the political will in this country. That's All. That's our major problem.
Re: Railway Transformation In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jan 02, 2021
I Travel down to South East, they are left behind in all this railway track system even in the south south are they not part of Nigeria?
Re: Railway Transformation In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jan 02, 2021
Golan007:

Yes.

We didnt invent electricity (1882) they did.

We didnt invent paved roads or trains(circa 1904), they did.

We neither had Buhari nor Azikiwe in charge when all this happened.

What does this mean, we as a people, are not inventive and only consumers.

As a people we are still quite primitive and far behind in critical thinking and seeking solutions.

What you've been doing since 1999, if you are old enough or 2015 is what you have brought into 2021 yet you believe something would change.

Continue.

They'll say you are illiterate for this comment, delusional thinking peeps

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Railway Transformation In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by Golan007: 8:41pm On Jan 02, 2021
[s]
CaptainFM1:

Great Nations take front sit in technology development. Shame to our current leaders....they are always late in everything. Need I remind you that when Awolowo brought Television to Western Nigeria, France as a country has no TV station. That was how proactive we were before!

We

Why did you pick USA? The system has been tested as the 6th form of transportation. We mustn't be the last to try any new technology. Forward thinking cities like Dubai and Maharashtra has approved the development of Hyperloop for their cities. Development takes a while and the earlier we start the better.

Even Trams are not available anywhere in the country? This is 2021, we really need to have a serious thought about the administration of this country.

Is Electricity a rocket science? We just lack the political will in this country. That's All. That's our major problem.
[/s]

All theory no practice.

You actually think it makes economic sense for Nigeria to Invest in Hyperloop technology as poverty stricken as the country might be.

Some of you just make people take you as unserious.
Re: Railway Transformation In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by CaptainFM1: 8:53pm On Jan 02, 2021
Golan007:
[s][/s]

All theory no practice.

You actually think it makes economic sense for Nigeria to Invest in Hyperloop technology as poverty stricken as the country might be.

Some of you just make people take you as unserious.

Your left thinking brain just focus on Hyperloop? Will electricity not make economic sense for a country like Nigeria?

Is Electricity not the bedrock of every development and indeed the economy? Do you know why we are caught pants down? Simply because you haven't reasoned that if we have stable electricity, the economy will gradually take shape and Hyperlooop will not be as "hyper" project as you think.

When we have leaders that have political will, building a modern city and economy is not an issue.

You read everything I wrote, but you were blind to read the part I mentioned Electricity. Even the rail they brought is still locomotive. In 2021.....Locomotive. Please think straight. I've been to over 150 countries in all the continents of the world. I've not seen a country sloping downward as Nigeria.
Re: Railway Transformation In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jan 02, 2021
jajeri3216:

Can our people build train's?

Remember it took Chinese to build this, contrary to what people say that Nigeria is cursed, it's not, it's the people inside that are psychologically damaged.

You want high tech, learn to build yourselves it'll be cheaper.

I am not a politician. I am a university graduate with a love for knowledge who has had widespread experience and who always wondered why we don't push for excellence in Nigeria. I worked in a bank where my branch manager would ignore the schedule of maintenance for the brand new generator, only to start cutting corners in a panic after the machine would refuse to start on a working day.
I have worked as personal assistant to a billionaire and noticed that even my oga doesn't have expectations of excellent service from everyone - you just come to work and run errands, or hang around. The money he made in the past is not attainable, just be around. I noticed they didn't have any regard for your initiative.
How do the Jeff Bezos and Bill gates of pur generation spring up?
I have seen the ruins of a world class foundry and metal work industry in Ibadan. Almost everything can be fabricated in Ibadan, and skilled people abound. But it's not being sponsored.
The Ajaokuta complex has about 4 or 5 stages of transformation before you can build anything metal there. Forget the blast furnace, focus on metal fabrication, and our metallurgical and materials engineers will emerge from the shadows. The positive fallout from Ajaokuta, Aladja and Katsina steel rolling mills would be the catalyst for real, ground up development, financial empowerment and infrastructure upgrade.
I grew up to witness the rise and gradual fall of glass making factories, paper mills, sugar mills, cement factories, vegetable oil mills, burnt brick factories, bottling companies (Brahma guarana, Limca, Benue bottling company, etc), locally made toothpaste (remember Doyin Industries?), textile factories, leather works, Michelin and Dunlop making tyres in Nigeria, Steyr in Bauchi, Mercedes Benz ANAMMCO in Enugu, Volkswagen in Lagos, Leyland etc
We watched the motor assembly plants die, the cocoa processing companies folded, and we are wondering where the economy went off track....

Meanwhile, Chief of army staff sends a different confusing message every week, the minister for disaster management has spent over 600 billion naira feeding school children and poor families, Lai Mohammodu says everything is the best is has ever been, Femi Adesina releases poems and essays to mock Nigerians, and the hope that a disciplined Buhari would force us back to the path of rectitude fades more and more with each passing day.

If they want to upgrade Nigeria, many unemployed graduates are in plentiful supply. Any day we are ready, we can start changing the narrative.

1 Like

Re: Railway Transformation In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by Miracle1991: 8:54pm On Jan 02, 2021
Jaqenhghar:
Just 2 railway lines
Lagos -Ibadan
Kaduna -Ibadan
pain

1 Like

Re: Railway Transformation In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by DMerciful(m): 8:58pm On Jan 02, 2021
You must be a kid to think that because your mom gives you the food, she is the provider and not your dad. Stupid sombori
Basher8583:

He who executes gets the glory.

Shame no dey catch you. Obj and gej dey decieve you show you paper plan you no demand execution from them you come dey talk now after many years of deceiving you
Re: Railway Transformation In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jan 02, 2021
Atlas9:

I am not a politician. I am a university graduate with a love for knowledge who has had widespread experience and who always wondered why we don't push for excellence in Nigeria. I worked in a bank where my branch manager would ignore the schedule of maintenance for the brand new generator, only to start cutting corners in a panic after the machine would refuse to start on a working day.
I have worked as personal assistant to a billionaire and noticed that even my oga doesn't have expectations of excellent service from everyone - you just come to work and run errands, or hang around. The money he made in the past is not attainable, just be around. I noticed they didn't have any regard for your initiative.
How do the Jeff Bezos and Bill gates of pur generation spring up?
I have seen the ruins of a world class foundry and metal work industry in Ibadan. Almost everything can be fabricated in Ibadan, and skilled people abound. But it's not being sponsored.
The Ajaokuta complex has about 4 or 5 stages of transformation before you can build anything metal there. Forget the blast furnace, focus on metal fabrication, and our metallurgical and materials engineers will emerge from the shadows. The positive fallout from Ajaokuta, Aladja and Katsina steel rolling mills would be the catalyst for real, ground up development, financial empowerment and infrastructure upgrade.
I grew up to witness the rise and gradual fall of glass making factories, paper mills, sugar mills, cement factories, vegetable oil mills, burnt brick factories, bottling companies (Brahma guarana, Limca, Benue bottling company, etc), locally made toothpaste (remember Doyin Industries?), textile factories, leather works, Michelin and Dunlop making tyres in Nigeria, Steyr in Bauchi, Mercedes Benz ANAMMCO in Enugu, Volkswagen in Lagos, Leyland etc
We watched the motor assembly plants die, the cocoa processing companies folded, and we are wondering where the economy went off track....

Meanwhile, Chief of army staff sends a different confusing message every week, the minister for disaster management has spent over 600 billion naira feeding school children and poor families, Lai Mohammodu says everything is the best is has ever been, Femi Adesina releases poems and essays to mock Nigerians, and the hope that a disciplined Buhari would force us back to the path of rectitude fades more and more with each passing day.

If they want to upgrade Nigeria, many unemployed graduates are in plentiful supply. Any day we are ready, we can start changing the narrative.

Excellent write up. I don't have anything to had. Thanks for educating me.

1 Like

Re: Railway Transformation In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by Golan007: 9:01pm On Jan 02, 2021
[s]
CaptainFM1:

Your left thinking brain just focus on Hyperloop? Will electricity not make economic sense for a country like Nigeria?

Is Electricity not the bedrock of every development and indeed the economy? Do you know why we are caught pants down? Simply because you haven't reasoned that if we have stable electricity, the economy will gradually take shape and Hyperlooop will not be as "hyper" project as you think.

When we have leaders that have political will, building a modern city and economy is not an issue.

You read everything I wrote, but you were blind to read the part I mentioned Electricity. Even the rail they brought is still locomotive. In 2021.....Locomotive. Please think straight. I've been to over 150 countries in all the continents of the world. I've not seen a country sloping downward as Nigeria.
[/s]

I can guarantee you, if you were president today, you would be unable to provide stable electricity to 40% of the population.

The DISCOs have their contracts supported by laws and legislation.

You are a poor nation, you must carry out large scale projects which not only cost billions of dollars but take years to commission.

Continue with all your theories.

1 Like

Re: Railway Transformation In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by Latvin: 9:02pm On Jan 02, 2021
CaptainFM1:

We

Be realistic.

Basic technology to meet our everyday needs as an African country is ok for now. Those latest technologies you talk about cost a lot of money. That is not how you want to spend scarce resources.

We need to channel our energy and resources to where we will derive maximum benefits for the masses. Electricity is the key one now and I believe the transformation in that sector will be huge in a couple of year's time. Notice again the strategy that Buhari's govt adopted with Power. They went straight into partnership with Siemens the German giants. That will cut off all the corrupt and middlemen leeches who have derailed past attempts. Just sit back and enjoy the transformation in that area in a couple of years.

My advice - it is better to support efforts of a govt that is determined to make things right. By all means, criticise their shortcomings constructively so they can learn. What I find really distressing is the bile and negativity even when progress stares us in the face.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Railway Transformation In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by gabazin080(m): 9:04pm On Jan 02, 2021
this people just block our free ride. what will happen to those of us that sits on top the old trains
Re: Railway Transformation In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by CaptainFM1: 9:07pm On Jan 02, 2021
Latvin:

Be realistic.

Basic technology to meet our everyday needs as an African country is ok for now. Those latest technologies you talk about cost a lot of money. That is not how you want to spend scarce resources.

We need to channel our energy and resources to where we will derive maximum benefits for the masses. Electricity is the key one now and I believe the transformation in that sector will be huge in a couple of year's time. Notice again the strategy that Buhari's govt adopted with Power. They went straight into partnership with Siemens the German giants. That will cut off all the corrupt and middlemen leeches who have derailed past attempts. Just sit back and enjoy the transformation in that area in a couple of years.

My advice - it is better to support efforts of a govt that is determined to make things right. By all means, criticise their shortcomings constructively so they can learn. What I find really distressing is the bile and negativity even when progress stares us in the face.

That's why I emphasized Electricity. Trust me you will realised that 50% of our problem will be solved with Electricity. Artisans, industries, trades, business, entertainment, tourism all that will come alive to boost other economy. "The wealth of a Nation is not what they stand on (Oil), but what they have up stairs (Brain). We may have brains in this country, but I'm sorry to say it....you and I know we don't use it!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Angry Bus Drivers Block Benin-Lagos Road Over The Killing Of A Conductor (Pics) / The Ikyogen Hills And Cattle Ranch In Benue / Rain Destroys A Filling Station In Abuja At Old Kutunku (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.