Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,264 members, 7,836,200 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:59 PM

Railway Transformation In Nigeria (Photos, Video) - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Railway Transformation In Nigeria (Photos, Video) (37427 Views)

Karu Waterfall Abuja: Is This The Most Beautiful Waterfall In Nigeria? (Photos) / Dubai Tram: Why Don't We Have This Mode Of Public Transport In Nigeria? (Photos) / Roads In Dubai Vs Roads In Nigeria (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Railway Transformation In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by GROWTHSET(m): 9:10pm On Jan 02, 2021
Nice, it was great. We wish to see more of that.
I boarded the train from Lagos to Abeokuta Last Monday. The economy class is better than the Last Time I use AirMaroc to London, Gatwick. We shall get there soonest.We should always appreciate good thing even if one's enemy did much thing.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Railway Transformation In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jan 02, 2021
Railway to where na? Where does the line pass?
Re: Railway Transformation In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by ogwumgbe: 9:17pm On Jan 02, 2021
Anozietimi:

Which money from East
I thought East Generated enough money through Baby factories
Cry no more!

Better watch your back because the herdsmen is about to make sure your tribe go into extinction within few years idiot. keep insulting the igbos, infact it is better that igbos become your destraction until you are wiped out. They are now in Oyo, the battle is coming closer and closer to you idiots. Keep insulting the igbos. Eghu
Re: Railway Transformation In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by Latvin: 9:22pm On Jan 02, 2021
[quote author=Atlas9 post=97658349]

I am not a politician. I am a university graduate with a love for knowledge who has had widespread experience and who always wondered why we don't push for excellence in Nigeria. I worked in a bank where my branch manager would ignore the schedule of maintenance for the brand new generator, only to start cutting corners in a panic after the machine would refuse to start on a working day.
I have worked as personal assistant to a billionaire and noticed that even my oga doesn't have expectations of excellent service from everyone - you just come to work and run errands, or hang around. The money he made in the past is not attainable, just be around. I noticed they didn't have any regard for your initiative.
How do the Jeff Bezos and Bill gates of pur generation spring up?
I have seen the ruins of a world class foundry and metal work industry in Ibadan. Almost everything can be fabricated in Ibadan, and skilled people abound. But it's not being sponsored.
The Ajaokuta complex has about 4 or 5 stages of transformation before you can build anything metal there. Forget the blast furnace, focus on metal fabrication, and our metallurgical and materials engineers will emerge from the shadows. The positive fallout from Ajaokuta, Aladja and Katsina steel rolling mills would be the catalyst for real, ground up development, financial empowerment and infrastructure upgrade. [/quotes]

You are right with your thinking and I am aligned. However, realise that the rot from the past is very deep and will take some time and sacrifice to fix.

Most of what you highlighted were as a result of not well thought out policies of the past. If you allow power to deteriorate, open your gates to be flooded by cheap foreign goods thereby killing the local industries you mentioned and go on a looting spree that wrecks everything, then you will get the results you see.

Reform is painful. Policies that will protect and revive our local industries will hurt some people in the short term and sometimes lead to higher prices initially. We have to weather that early storm to break into the calm and boom that follows, only if we are disciplined and patient.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Railway Transformation In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by aribisala0(m): 9:30pm On Jan 02, 2021
COMPAQ:

The only reason why this money was not stolen is because it was aloan from China. And not the type of loan where they disburse cash, but the type of loan where the value is agreed and then the Chinese contractor does the work to specified standard.

That is the reason why the work was done quickly, so that China can start counting the loan very quickly. If it had been handled directly by the Ministry via contracting, it would never have seen the light of day.

Point I'm making is that it has less to do with Buhari or even Amsechi management skills and just the nature of the loan.
Nature of the loan?

What is the source of your information

What exactly is the NATURE of the loan?

Did you see the contract?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Railway Transformation In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by 2010goingon: 10:10pm On Jan 02, 2021
film3four:
Railway transformation has hit Nigeria. For the first time in almost 60yrs, Nigeria railway is getting a massive makeover. This is a new Nigeria.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTf0VjfqVtk

Where are the passengers

I see no lipsrsealed
Re: Railway Transformation In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by Jaqenhghar: 10:14pm On Jan 02, 2021
Tekrify:
3 actually...
Warri itakpe..
Buhari handled 2 economically viable raillines..
Idiot Jonathan built Kaduna to Abuja that has little economical contribution..
There is no such thing as Kaduna to Ibadan..
Blaim OBASANJO..this plans where introduce during his time...and he didn't lay a single block
So its 3 you are celebrating rating like this. SMH
Re: Railway Transformation In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by Chirowman(m): 10:31pm On Jan 02, 2021
Good
Re: Railway Transformation In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 10:35pm On Jan 02, 2021
NRC should employ graduates now.... Graduate of Transport management and I remember doing like 4 courses on railway transport alone.... Now na food stuffs, smart watches, perfume,and others I dey rail away. .
No matter how small my business is and how big I want it to be, I still hope to work with my certificate. That 4 years and one year under the sun and in the rain, with dedication and selflessness should not go like that na...as I no know Honorables and senators nko....
But I know God. This I believe; GOD NO GO SHAME US.

1 Like

Re: Railway Transformation In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by Basher8583: 11:10pm On Jan 02, 2021
Atlas9:

He has a rising profile in Africa, possibly only dwarfed by Obasanjo, Paul Kagame, Mo Ibrahim and a handful of others. The person whose errands you claim he is running doesn't have any remaining goodwill.

LET'S LEARN TO DO THE RIGHT THINGS IN ORDER TO SECURE A GOOD NAME.

Be deceiving yourself. When you send someone on an errand is he going there to represent himself or you?

Paul Kagame cannot even stand where Buhari is. Who is Mo Ibrahim?

You seem to like deluding yourself.

An errand boy remains what it is
Re: Railway Transformation In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by BobbyZrealist(m): 11:19pm On Jan 02, 2021
Good job,more development to Nigeria.

That guy Tekrify on this thread Is all over the place and he sounds terrific.
Even things as little as nothing,people are taking sides,train lines that I have started seeing built since 2010 or 2011?
Re: Railway Transformation In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by BobbyZrealist(m): 11:31pm On Jan 02, 2021
Basher8583:

Be deceiving yourself. When you send someone on an errand is he going there to represent himself or you?

An errand boy who gave power willingly to his master?
A master continuously thanking his his errand boy for giving him power?
Power the master never had after 4 trials,until his errand boy made way for him?
A master who continually threatened his errand boy if he does not give him what he is enjoying?

That is why we don't encourage people to think with emotions but to use their brains when speaking,and weigh the gravity of their comments.
Re: Railway Transformation In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by Tekrify(m): 12:23am On Jan 03, 2021
Am not celebrating it in terms of numbers but length...warri to itakpe is more than 300km...Lagos Ibadan is 156km..Abuja Kaduna is 186km..u do the math.. My point is buhari's effort are quite commendable not up to 6 years and he built over 450km... right from OBJ only 186km which was eventually completed and commissioned by buhari...

Why should I not be happy that the worst dictator will leave his office with a tangible difference in infrastructure than any other government even with the terrible economic situation
Jaqenhghar:

So its 3 you are celebrating rating like this. SMH

2 Likes

Re: Railway Transformation In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by Amah70: 1:38am On Jan 03, 2021
360degreess:
That's wonderful..
But OP some people can die of heart attack because of this news.So be careful..

Sickness is when you derive oil money from one area to build the rail lines, but avoid the rail lines in areas you derive the oil money from.

Your rail revolution is not likely to be fruitful at the long run.
How did NITEL die?
Re: Railway Transformation In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by Amah70: 1:43am On Jan 03, 2021
360degreess:
That's wonderful..
But OP some people can die of heart attack

because of this news.So be careful..

See rail revolution on electric powered trains.

The people you taunt are most likely to have electric powered trains before you.

Re: Railway Transformation In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by Amah70: 1:49am On Jan 03, 2021
912:

Money from South South you mean.

Stop living in the civil war era simply because you want to tie the east to the region generating money

O yea.

Same way Lagos has been removed from the SW region and Lagos now no man’s land.
Re: Railway Transformation In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by Jaqenhghar: 3:51am On Jan 03, 2021
Tekrify:
Am not celebrating it in terms of numbers but length...warri to itakpe is more than 300km...Lagos Ibadan is 156km..Abuja Kaduna is 186km..u do the math.. My point is buhari's effort are quite commendable not up to 6 years and he built over 450km... right from OBJ only 186km which was eventually completed and commissioned by buhari...

Why should I not be happy that the worst dictator will leave his office with a tangible difference in infrastructure than any other government even with the terrible economic situation
It's very easy to impress you people honestly. That's why your so called politicians have an easy ride. Do whatever they like and do some basic stuff, you people will applaud. Some really dumb ones will applaud distribution of rice and salt
Re: Railway Transformation In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by omoluka: 4:34am On Jan 03, 2021
How many times will you guys post this your train stories? good development but Nigeria and Nigerians deserve more than this
Re: Railway Transformation In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 7:19am On Jan 03, 2021
Basher8583:

How exactly do you view Buhari sef?
Re: Railway Transformation In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by Basher8583: 8:36am On Jan 03, 2021
BobbyZrealist:

An errand boy who gave power willingly to his master?
A master continuously thanking his his errand boy for giving him power?
Power the master never had after 4 trials,until his errand boy made way for him?
A master who continually threatened his errand boy if he does not give him what he is enjoying?

That is why we don't encourage people to think with emotions but to use their brains when speaking,and weigh the gravity of their comments.

And who told you he gave power willingly. He should have tried otherwise now. Gej was weak and did not have the stubbornness to withhold power. His intel had hinted him that the Armed forces where not on his side and were ready to deal ruthlessly with him should he illegally hold on to power after his political loss.

And you are telling me he willingly gave power. Lol. He should have tried not giving power now. What did you think made Orubebe gentle after his flexing.
Re: Railway Transformation In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by EmekaA125(m): 12:31pm On Jan 03, 2021
Buhari is better than GEJ and OBJ by far.
Re: Railway Transformation In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by Guestlander: 1:31pm On Jan 03, 2021
Amah70:

O yea.

Same way Lagos has been removed from the SW region and Lagos now no man’s land.

Who removed Lagos from the SW and when?
Comedian.
Re: Railway Transformation In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by ebere89(f): 3:59pm On Jan 03, 2021
What you deserve, you still have to wait years to get it and then applaud them for giving you something you should have had years ago... Pls go check out china and Japan for what ur tracks and trains should look like now
Re: Railway Transformation In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by AbuAeesha: 9:14pm On Jan 03, 2021
Oharina:
Rubbish, always developing the sharia north with the money coming from old eastern region and marginalising them at same time.
Lagos-ibadan is North abi?mtcewww
Re: Railway Transformation In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by AbuAeesha: 9:29pm On Jan 03, 2021
Oharina:
Rubbish, always developing the sharia north with the money coming from old eastern region and marginalising them at same time.
Lagos-ibadan is North abi?mtceww
Re: Railway Transformation In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by sulaak(m): 10:22pm On Jan 03, 2021
Miracle1991:
when another person come let him do that. Had it been PDP focused on either human or infrastructure by now buhari would have focused on another thing.

Why is it always PDP vs APC. PDP = APC, let's focus on Nigeria, a country with more than 150 million living in extreme poverty. Buhari is a total failure, his policy has destroyed Nigeria.
Re: Railway Transformation In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by Miracle1991: 9:20am On Jan 04, 2021
sulaak:

Why is it always PDP vs APC. PDP = APC, let's focus on Nigeria, a country with more than 150 million living in extreme poverty. Buhari is a total failure, his policy has destroyed Nigeria.
pls present your father to take over from buhari in 2023 so that we can have the best president we have been waiting for.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Angry Bus Drivers Block Benin-Lagos Road Over The Killing Of A Conductor (Pics) / The Ikyogen Hills And Cattle Ranch In Benue / Rain Destroys A Filling Station In Abuja At Old Kutunku (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.