Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,280 members, 7,811,832 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:36 PM

I Want To Go Into Blogging. Please What Are The Pros And Cons Of Blogging? - Webmasters (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / I Want To Go Into Blogging. Please What Are The Pros And Cons Of Blogging? (18493 Views)

I'm Tired Of Blogging, Who Can Guide Me Through Any Other Online Biz / Guys, I'm Thinking Of Going Into Blogging Out Of Serious Boredom? / Get Adsence Approval Within One Month Of blogging. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Go Into Blogging. Please What Are The Pros And Cons Of Blogging? by Obagreatdatoye(m): 8:43pm On Jan 04, 2021
Blogging no easy oooo..its sweet on paper....but the reality go shock u.,..Do you need logo, banner or flyer for your business.... Get my contact from my signature now
Re: I Want To Go Into Blogging. Please What Are The Pros And Cons Of Blogging? by fergieboy: 8:44pm On Jan 04, 2021
My own is I want to learn crypto trading
Re: I Want To Go Into Blogging. Please What Are The Pros And Cons Of Blogging? by Ibenny(f): 8:48pm On Jan 04, 2021
bizbaba:
Speaking of blogging, I'm interested but I don't know this, I am not so good at writing in English language for public consumption, I.e I prefer to write in pidgen English instead, talking about niche, I could write on anything as long as it will be in pidgen English. Therefore, I'm asking, can I still blog with that?. Note, I'm not really interested in the gains but just for fun, inside there sha, guyman go still like to cash out even if na fun so I no go feel am for body

Of course you can. Though your traffic or visitors will be mainly Nigeria because of the language issue.
To gain traffic to your site, you do have to market it manually. And on the long run you can earn through your site through Sponsor post, AD space and adsence.
Re: I Want To Go Into Blogging. Please What Are The Pros And Cons Of Blogging? by freshestD(m): 8:48pm On Jan 04, 2021
Watch tutorials on YouTube..

A virgin Land located in a strategic environment in ijeododo. which have a link road to Abulado(tradefare) and 6th avenue for sale, no hiding charges, buy and build
whatsapp us directly(09064225893) or send us a DM on Instagram: @propertiesjustforyou

Re: I Want To Go Into Blogging. Please What Are The Pros And Cons Of Blogging? by Ibenny(f): 8:49pm On Jan 04, 2021
bizbaba:
Speaking of blogging, I'm interested but I don't know this, I am not so good at writing in English language for public consumption, I.e I prefer to write in pidgen English instead, talking about niche, I could write on anything as long as it will be in pidgen English. Therefore, I'm asking, can I still blog with that?. Note, I'm not really interested in the gains but just for fun, inside there sha, guyman go still like to cash out even if na fun so I no go feel am for body

Of course you can. Though your traffic or visitors will be mainly Nigeria because of the language issue.
To gain traffic to your site, you do have to market it manually. And on the long run you can earn through your site through Sponsor post, AD space and adsense.
Re: I Want To Go Into Blogging. Please What Are The Pros And Cons Of Blogging? by cpu2006(m): 8:49pm On Jan 04, 2021
Let me sell RING LIGHT for you first. Is part of the instruments you will need to start blogging
Re: I Want To Go Into Blogging. Please What Are The Pros And Cons Of Blogging? by charlisco(m): 8:50pm On Jan 04, 2021
I was into blogging early enough.

I hv learn from my mistake and I have move from to WordPress.

My advice to you, to start cashing out early enough without Google adsense,

blog on the business you ar into physically online.

Mistake I made, I used for a very long period that made me to get low traffic due to limitation in optimizing keyword.

If you hv the money, start with WordPress it will giv u a better edge when you ar optimizing keywords

Few advice I can giv for free here

If u want to know more, guy u need to pay for my years of research to save your time.

Or better still used Google for free

4 Likes

Re: I Want To Go Into Blogging. Please What Are The Pros And Cons Of Blogging? by ikorodureporta: 8:58pm On Jan 04, 2021
webincomeplus:

Well, the truth is, you can't learn everything there is to blogging in a single forum reply.

But I'll drop a few golden nuggets that can set you on the path to successful blogging.

1. You need to hone your writing skills. I don't know how good you are as a writer. But having solid writing skills is a must-have requirement for blogging, especially if you're targeting beyond the Nigerian audience. So, if you're not confident enough in your writing skills, you might want to take some time to work on that first.

2. Choose a niche that a lot of people are really interested in and that they search the web for information about. More importantly, write on topics that people want to read -- not what you think they would like to read or what you feel like writing on. If you're blogging for just fun, it's okay to write on anything. But if you really want to make money from blogging, you have to see it as a business and give people exactly what they want. To understand what people really want, you must learn and understand keyword research.

3. Don't waste your time on unnecessary stuff like trying to perfect your blog's design or getting it to look exactly like another blog you found. Trust me, nobody visits a blog to admire its design. People visit blogs for information that would help them.

4. For a start, don't bother yourself about making money. Building traffic, followership, and establishing yourself as an expert comes first. Only after you've achieved these should you start thinking of monetization. So, now isn't the time to spend hours reading stuff on Adsense, affiliate marketing, or other monetization options.

5. You must be patient. It might take up to many weeks to months to start generating decent traffic consistently. So, if you're looking at blogging as the sure way to help you settle some debts or start earning about N100,000 monthly from next month, go find a job!

6. Don't waste too much time reading stuff about blogging. There are loads of stuff online that are downright contradictory and confusing. And you'd come across tons of technical stuff that you don't really need for now. So, don't fall into the pit called "analysis paralysis".

7. Avoid starting on a free platform such as Blogger or . We've gone past the age where people and search engines take freely hosted blogs seriously. Setting up a self-hosted WordPress blog shouldn't cost you more than N15,000.

8. Be consistent. The major task involved in blogging is content creation. That is, writing new articles. Bear in mind that you have to do this on a frequent basis. Consider thrice weekly at least. But more importantly, be consistent with whatever number of articles you set for yourself.

9. Avoid being swindled. I can tell you categorically that, for now, you don't need anything like backlinks or other shitty services that some people might pitch at you just to swindle you of your hard-earned money. So, before paying for anything, be sure that it's something you really understand and are sure you really need.

10. Find a good mentor. Your best bet is a Nigerian blogger who has years of experience under his/her belt and has achieved multiple forms of success through blogging. You can also find and join Facebook and Whatsapp groups for Nigerian bloggers. Now, there are many groups out there where loads of useless, irrelevant, and opinionated stuff are being recycled. Avoid those!

must you be into creating posts.. what if it's a news blog that only requires referencing the original author

me na nairaland prototype I won create
Re: I Want To Go Into Blogging. Please What Are The Pros And Cons Of Blogging? by Sewasaunt(f): 8:59pm On Jan 04, 2021
undecided undecided
sapphiere:
Channel please. Thanks
I won't mind paying if it worth it.
Re: I Want To Go Into Blogging. Please What Are The Pros And Cons Of Blogging? by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jan 04, 2021
sapphiere:
Hello Nairalanders! Happy prosperous new year to you all.

Please I want to go into blogging.
I need advice from those who are into it.
What are the things expected of me and what should I expect.
What are the guidelines for beginners?

Your advice is welcome.

You can also create a 1 page website and send traffics to your 1 page site which is the fastest way to get thousands of eyeballs to whatever thing you are writing about or promoting.

I use this strategy alot in all my one page website's like the one's listed below where I promote different affiliate product's using a combination of text and video's and then use google ads to send traffics to all my 1page website's.

1. https://clickfunnels-alternative.victor-godfrey.com/
2. https://victor-godfrey.com/
3. https://weight-loss.247foreverhealthy.com/
4. https://website-services.247newclients.com/

1 Like

Re: I Want To Go Into Blogging. Please What Are The Pros And Cons Of Blogging? by globaltechedu: 9:09pm On Jan 04, 2021
For practical steps to set up your blog on blogger....dm me with the number in my signature or check the paystack store in my signature

Re: I Want To Go Into Blogging. Please What Are The Pros And Cons Of Blogging? by rhames(m): 9:12pm On Jan 04, 2021
sapphiere:

What are the guidelines for beginners?dx

Your advice is welcome.

First answer these questions.

Are you a beginner?

What resources have you read to start?

What mentor have you chosen?

What niche aligns with your personality?

What resources are you willing to pump into your new business?

What are your financial targets and source of income for your blog?

Answer these questions and let's move forward.

My advice is use much of foreign mentors because because they are in tune with Current trends, processes and systems.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Go Into Blogging. Please What Are The Pros And Cons Of Blogging? by ikorodureporta: 9:13pm On Jan 04, 2021
I want to know if hosting a blog abroad is better & cheaper
Re: I Want To Go Into Blogging. Please What Are The Pros And Cons Of Blogging? by Ihatethemods: 9:24pm On Jan 04, 2021
Anticrime:
It's very simple and all you have to do is get a good niche you are familiar with, make what we call keyword research and get the internet trends of what readers are looking for. Always remember that content is king in blogging and you should know growing a blog is writing contents. Do not focus on earnings for now, rather what impact you can make in the internet world. I'm deeply talking with experience and you can actually reach out to me if you need more aid as I wouldn't have much time to write here.
Kindly take a view of the best tech blog in Nigeria below-:
VISIT THE BEST TECH BLOG IN NIGERIA

I just visited your site...the pop up ads Sha too much.
Re: I Want To Go Into Blogging. Please What Are The Pros And Cons Of Blogging? by ednut1(m): 9:26pm On Jan 04, 2021
Blogging is dead
Re: I Want To Go Into Blogging. Please What Are The Pros And Cons Of Blogging? by Ochari: 9:35pm On Jan 04, 2021
Contact me.
I can assist
Re: I Want To Go Into Blogging. Please What Are The Pros And Cons Of Blogging? by Naijasuper: 9:38pm On Jan 04, 2021
Dear, how do I reach you?
webincomeplus:

Well, the truth is, you can't learn everything there is to blogging in a single forum reply.

But I'll drop a few golden nuggets that can set you on the path to successful blogging.

1. You need to hone your writing skills. I don't know how good you are as a writer. But having solid writing skills is a must-have requirement for blogging, especially if you're targeting beyond the Nigerian audience. So, if you're not confident enough in your writing skills, you might want to take some time to work on that first.

2. Choose a niche that a lot of people are really interested in and that they search the web for information about. More importantly, write on topics that people want to read -- not what you think they would like to read or what you feel like writing on. If you're blogging for just fun, it's okay to write on anything. But if you really want to make money from blogging, you have to see it as a business and give people exactly what they want. To understand what people really want, you must learn and understand keyword research.

3. Don't waste your time on unnecessary stuff like trying to perfect your blog's design or getting it to look exactly like another blog you found. Trust me, nobody visits a blog to admire its design. People visit blogs for information that would help them.

4. For a start, don't bother yourself about making money. Building traffic, followership, and establishing yourself as an expert comes first. Only after you've achieved these should you start thinking of monetization. So, now isn't the time to spend hours reading stuff on Adsense, affiliate marketing, or other monetization options.

5. You must be patient. It might take up to many weeks to months to start generating decent traffic consistently. So, if you're looking at blogging as the sure way to help you settle some debts or start earning about N100,000 monthly from next month, go find a job!

6. Don't waste too much time reading stuff about blogging. There are loads of stuff online that are downright contradictory and confusing. And you'd come across tons of technical stuff that you don't really need for now. So, don't fall into the pit called "analysis paralysis".

7. Avoid starting on a free platform such as Blogger or . We've gone past the age where people and search engines take freely hosted blogs seriously. Setting up a self-hosted WordPress blog shouldn't cost you more than N15,000.

8. Be consistent. The major task involved in blogging is content creation. That is, writing new articles. Bear in mind that you have to do this on a frequent basis. Consider thrice weekly at least. But more importantly, be consistent with whatever number of articles you set for yourself.

9. Avoid being swindled. I can tell you categorically that, for now, you don't need anything like backlinks or other shitty services that some people might pitch at you just to swindle you of your hard-earned money. So, before paying for anything, be sure that it's something you really understand and are sure you really need.

10. Find a good mentor. Your best bet is a Nigerian blogger who has years of experience under his/her belt and has achieved multiple forms of success through blogging. You can also find and join Facebook and Whatsapp groups for Nigerian bloggers. Now, there are many groups out there where loads of useless, irrelevant, and opinionated stuff are being recycled. Avoid those!
Re: I Want To Go Into Blogging. Please What Are The Pros And Cons Of Blogging? by mmadu4: 9:43pm On Jan 04, 2021
all these people saying I will do this I will build that for you, what is stopping you, people, from starting blogging? you want to scam the woman abi?
Re: I Want To Go Into Blogging. Please What Are The Pros And Cons Of Blogging? by WordpressPhysco: 9:48pm On Jan 04, 2021
Hey, my lady. I believe this can help you if you need further help just comment and I will reply - https://isuawealthyplace.com/start-a-blog-in-nigeria/
Re: I Want To Go Into Blogging. Please What Are The Pros And Cons Of Blogging? by Oriental4: 9:56pm On Jan 04, 2021
I read the first page to see what advice you already have. I should say that most of them may be helpful. Let me tell you this as a blogger. By the way, my latest blog is just 2 months old and has earned nothing. Let me just say that blogging is not magic, but it is one of the easiest ways of making money online if you know what you are doing. Many bloggers do not make money simply because they give up too easily. Blogging is all about giving people information they need and not as someone suggested, for writing your ideas. You won't make any money if all you do is write your ideas. Do that on Facebook, that's the platform for writing whatever comes into your mind.

My first successful blog started earning after 6 months. The first month of earning was $750. The second month of earning was about $1,200. Let me show you how it works since someone said that serious bloggers won't give you advice, a concept which is wrong. There is room for everyone to succeed as a blogger. I have 4 blogs presently in different niches.

First, blogging costs money but not much money. If you have money for hosting and data, there is no reason why you won't be successful as a blogger.
2. If you put in effort in creating your content, there is no reason why you would not be successful. I advise that you go for an evergreen niche so that your content would continue to be relevant. I made this mistake in my first blog by making it a news site. Down the line I realized that I could not be writing 4-5 articles daily. That could be tiring, so I started reviewing scams. The problem with scams is that they rain today and are gone tomorrow so the traffic peters out. So choose an evergreen.

3. Do not think that you'll start making money overnight. Give your blog at least one year to start making serious money. If you do it right, you'll have full time income in 2 years. That's more than $15,000 monthly income.

4. Your content should be helpful to users. Search similar content in your niche on Google and produce something better. That's how it works.

5, Write for people. Give them what would help them and forget all those telling you about SEO and all other bullshit meant to take money from you. Backlinks happen naturally if you have a good blog with good content.

6. Do not waste time on design. When your blog is successful and earning money, you can go for a premium theme.
7, Forget about traffic, just produce many good content. My first successful blog has more than 800 posts.
8. Lay emphasis on posts instead of pages in Wordpress. Group your theme into categories to keep the blog neat.
9. I can't remember everything here, but spend time only on things that make you money. What are those things? Writing content. Make your minimum content 1000 words. I have a 15,000 words guide on my 2018 blog.
10. Finally, do not chase "successful blogger" There is no magic outside work and in blogging, work equals writing content, content and more useful content. When these content start bringing traffic, you start cashing in. And talking about traffic, create social media accounts for your blog. Facebook and Twitter are enough. Small traffic would be coming from there pending when Google starts noticing you.

WARNING!!!

NEVER, I repeat, NEVER spam your site links. Google would manually ban you and that would be the end of your blog.

On a final note, this is all you need. And no, I do not mentor people. All the mentoring you need is already in this comment.
Good luck.

Addendum

Let me add one more thing based on come comments I read here. Some people would advise you to choose a niche based on your passion. Well, that may be good, but what if you do not have something you are passionate about? Or what you have passion for has no real demand in terms of monetization? My advise is this. Choose any niche you are interested in learning about. Be aware that what matters is being able to monetize down the line. Also, every other thing such as keyword research, this ebook and that ebook are all craps. The secret is no secret - create helpful content that people love.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Want To Go Into Blogging. Please What Are The Pros And Cons Of Blogging? by Nobody: 10:01pm On Jan 04, 2021
ednut1:
Blogging is dead

What killed it?
Re: I Want To Go Into Blogging. Please What Are The Pros And Cons Of Blogging? by travelwaka: 10:01pm On Jan 04, 2021
Blogging can be very interesting.
Here are some few tips please note over 80 per cent of bloggers are not making money, please note that
Be ready to do things differently,
You can't make money by copying ang pasting
It's a lot of work, again create lots of every green content
Also you need to pick a niche, don't be tempted to want to cover everything
Learn, read and don't be scared to try
Again if you want to be successful be original be you
Know what your competitors are doing and try to create something better

sapphiere:

Your advice is welcome.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Go Into Blogging. Please What Are The Pros And Cons Of Blogging? by Nobody: 10:05pm On Jan 04, 2021
sapphiere:

Your advice is welcome.
forget about blogging to go tiktok and shake that thing lots of girls are getting huge money doing that
Re: I Want To Go Into Blogging. Please What Are The Pros And Cons Of Blogging? by webincomeplus(m): 10:05pm On Jan 04, 2021
SmartyPants:

Update your knowkedge.

1. Blogger is owned by Google so there is no better way to gain traffic than using blogger

2. has paid packages now

Stop posting nonsense with confidence. Search Google for 100 random keywords off your head and tell me how many of them have Blogger and free-hosted WP sites ranking number 1 for them.

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Go Into Blogging. Please What Are The Pros And Cons Of Blogging? by Highpose24: 10:06pm On Jan 04, 2021
bizbaba:
DM me your number bro. I have something important to discuss with you.
Re: I Want To Go Into Blogging. Please What Are The Pros And Cons Of Blogging? by travelwaka: 10:06pm On Jan 04, 2021
This captures it all. Thanks for sharing. I run a travel blog and it's been one interesting journey. All my post are unique and they rank well on search engines. Can I contact you let's share ideas?

Oriental4:
I read the first page to see what advice you already have. I should say that most of them may be helpful. Let me tell you this as a blogger. By the way, my latest blog is just 2 months old and has earned nothing. Let me just say that blogging is not magic, but it is one of the easiest ways of making money online if you know what you are doing. Many bloggers do not make money simply because they give up too easily. Blogging is all about giving people information they need and not as someone suggested, for writing your ideas. You won't make any money if all you do is write your ideas. Do that on Facebook, that's the platform for writing whatever comes into your mind.

My first successful blog started earning after 6 months. The first month of earning was $750. The second month of earning was about $1,200. Let me show you how it works since someone said that serious bloggers won't give you advice, a concept which is wrong. There is room for everyone to succeed as a blogger. I have 4 blogs presently in different niches.

First, blogging costs money but not much money. If you have money for hosting and data, there is no reason why you won't be successful as a blogger.
2. If you put in effort in creating your content, there is no reason why you would not be successful. I advise that you go for an evergreen niche so that your content would continue to be relevant. I made this mistake in my first blog by making it a news site. Down the line I realized that I could not be writing 4-5 articles daily. That could be tiring, so I started reviewing scams. The problem with scams is that they rain today and are gone tomorrow so the traffic peters out. So choose an evergreen.

3. Do not think that you'll start making money overnight. Give your blog at least one year to start making serious money. If you do it right, you'll have full time income in 2 years. That's more than $15,000 monthly income.

4. Your content should be helpful to users. Search similar content in your niche on Google and produce something better. That's how it works.

5, Write for people. Give them what would help them and forget all those telling you about SEO and all other bullshit meant to take money from you. Backlinks happen naturally if you have a good blog with good content.

6. Do not waste time on design. When your blog is successful and earning money, you can go for a premium theme.
7, Forget about traffic, just produce many good content. My first successful blog has more than 800 posts.
8. Lay emphasis on posts instead of pages in Wordpress. Group your theme into categories to keep the blog neat.
9. I can't remember everything here, but spend time only on things that make you money. What are those things? Writing content. Make your minimum content 1000 words. I have a 15,000 words guide on my 2018 blog.
10. Finally, do not chase "successful blogger" There is no magic outside work and in blogging, work equals writing content, content and more useful content. When these content start bringing traffic, you start cashing in. And talking about traffic, create social media accounts for your blog. Facebook and Twitter are enough. Small traffic would be coming from there pending when Google starts noticing you.

WARNING!!!

NEVER, I repeat, NEVER spam your site links. Google would manually ban you and that would be the end of your blog.

On a final note, this is all you need. And no, I do not mentor people. All the mentoring you need is already in this comment.
Good luck.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Go Into Blogging. Please What Are The Pros And Cons Of Blogging? by Effulgent(m): 10:07pm On Jan 04, 2021
NaijaOlosho:

Get a lap top first.

Read about niche blogging

Don't rush into blogging or don't follow or these useless copy and paste bloggers into entertainment and news niche you won't make any cash oo

News niche is Saturated and there are major authority sites doing well. E.G punch news, Vanguard etc

Go Read about niche blogging.
Read about search engine optimization (SEO

Find your passion, research and choose a niche, preferably a micro or sub niche

Do keyword research
Find keywords around your niche at least 20 low competitive keywords for a start.

Choose a domain that relates to your niche.
Buy hosting plan, launch your site.

Start writing original, creative and engaging articles. Make sure your articles are 2k words each.

Submit your site maps to google for indexing.

Keep writing posts and you will be shocked at the results.

I can help of you want.

OP

you should take this piece seriously.... it's information that's sold for money

1 Like

Re: I Want To Go Into Blogging. Please What Are The Pros And Cons Of Blogging? by webincomeplus(m): 10:07pm On Jan 04, 2021
ikorodureporta:

must you be into creating posts.. what if it's a news blog that only requires referencing the original author

me na nairaland prototype I won create
Copy and paste blogging no longer works! The least you can do is to rewrite to produce something unique.

Note, also, that Nairaland is NOT a blog!
Re: I Want To Go Into Blogging. Please What Are The Pros And Cons Of Blogging? by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jan 04, 2021
sapphiere:

Your advice is welcome.

First, You need to pick a Niche (News & Gossip, Entertainment, Technology, Travel, Wedding, Food, Culture, Relationship & Dating etc). Before you opt for a Niche, you need to understand your time schedule very well. If you aren't going to be committed 100%, don't start a NEWS & GOSSIP blog.

Second, choose and register a domain name.

Get a reliable web host.

Choose a platform, Ghost, Blogger or WordPress. (I recommend WP)

Get a professional Theme on ThemeForest (Highly Recommended)

Learn about Search Engine Optimization (SEO)

Start writing or expressing yourself in blog post.

Blogging is easy if you have a roadmap/target from the onset.

Caveat: Do Not pay anyone to learn blogging. All you need is available online. Put your thought together and search. If you are able to put your thought together, you ask the right question and someone somewhere had written about it in a blog post or do a youtube video about it. YOUR LEARNING ACTUALLY START HERE.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Do Nigerians Hate Commenting On Tech Blogs? / Google Adsense / How To Send Document Files Like PDF On Whatsapp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.